Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

does that mean the world is actually interesting to explore?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yes absolutely. Exploration is infinitely more rewarding than BotW. On the other hand, everything is better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hearing that people are calling 2023 the "Year of Nintendo"

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Khanstant posted:

Yes absolutely. Exploration is infinitely more rewarding than BotW. On the other hand, everything is better.

That's a wild claim because I did feel rewarded when exploring BotW. I'm getting hyped, please someone smack me with reality.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Khanstant posted:

holy loving poo poo... im so hype!!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Xbox..... epic fail. Sony...... epic fail AAAids. truly this is the year of Nintendo, and the year of Gaming

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Xbox..... epic fail. Sony...... epic fail AAAids. truly this is the year of Nintendo, and the year of Gaming

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Calling the BOTW world not interesting to explore lmao people really do come hay and post the wildest things

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

That's a wild claim because I did feel rewarded when exploring BotW. I'm getting hyped, please someone smack me with reality.

Everyone praising TOTK are paid by Nintendo to distract from them ruining that one guy's life recently.

I'm normal and reasonable.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

phil knew this was the year of nintendo and told everyonr not to waste their money on xbox... a true gamer

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Calling the BOTW world not interesting to explore lmao people really do come hay and post the wildest things

Len is a known BotW disliker and should be shoved in lockers and given swirlies constantly as a result

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I wasn't a BotW hater, I thought it owned but... I have a seen a new level of ownage bonage that raises the bar to make BotW into just "pretty much owns" compared to TotK's "totally owns bones double dog dare powerman 5000."

I've been playing the game and I'm still so hyped to play it every night. There are so many times where i'm like "whoa, Nintendo did this, they really letting us do it this way?" It really feels like the dev team leveled up, they cut their teeth on BotW and Zeldas past, but now they're in the Major Leagues ready to swing the bat for mad half-court superbowl touchdunks and im on the sidelines holding two of those giant Chuzzle plushes going 'give me a Z' and I meant it like Im going to spell zelda as a cheer but they misunderstood and added a whole sidequest for Z in the game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Gamers who do not have a PC or Switch: LMAO @ your choices. No excuses, if an entrepreneur can find the copper and palladium to support their recreational drug habit then you can find a way to get 300-1200 dollars.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

the first dozen or so koroks you get for picking up a rocks are neat i guess

and sure there's a shitload of shrines but there's only what 5 styles?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I have definitely solved most of these TOTK shrines using methods they didn’t intend and that’s rad

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Khanstant posted:

I wasn't a BotW hater, I thought it owned but... I have a seen a new level of ownage bonage that raises the bar to make BotW into just "pretty much owns" compared to TotK's "totally owns bones double dog dare powerman 5000."

I've been playing the game and I'm still so hyped to play it every night. There are so many times where i'm like "whoa, Nintendo did this, they really letting us do it this way?" It really feels like the dev team leveled up, they cut their teeth on BotW and Zeldas past, but now they're in the Major Leagues ready to swing the bat for mad half-court superbowl touchdunks and im on the sidelines holding two of those giant Chuzzle plushes going 'give me a Z' and I meant it like Im going to spell zelda as a cheer but they misunderstood and added a whole sidequest for Z in the game

There's a few neat documentaries about the BOTW dev cycle. The play testers kept finding weird edge cases in the gameplay where you could do unintended actions/manipulations, and solve puzzles in unintended ways, and the devs started to fix them, but the producer said basically "if it doesn't cause the game to crash or break the game, leave it in" and the game is way better for it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I have definitely solved most of these TOTK shrines using methods they didn’t intend and that’s rad

if it isn't done by some weird glitch it's probably intended

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

People who do not like BotW often will not hesitate to tell you that it's actually a bad game, rather than just not meshing with them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Manoueverable posted:

People who do not like BotW often will not hesitate to tell you that it's actually a bad game, rather than just not meshing with them.

and either way the Wintendo crowd will take personal offense to me not liking the worst zelda

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

im taking personal offense to your bad posts!!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Len posted:

and either way the Wintendo crowd will take personal offense to me not liking the worst zelda

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

im taking personal offense to your bad posts!!

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Len posted:

But enough about Majora's Mask

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

neato burrito posted:

But enough about Majora's Mask

you're wrong but i respect your opinion

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

[Nintendo waiting room]

Me: [chanting] Link, Link-

Other posters: Link, LINK

Mods: [pounding their clipboard] LINK, LINK, LINK!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Len posted:

if it isn't done by some weird glitch it's probably intended

Nah I am building some wild and wacky contraptions or brute forcing my way around things by piling stuff up in unintended places to bypass certain mechanics entirely in a lot of them

I’ve got to the end of many of them and then gone “ohhhhhh I was meant to do x” lol

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Nah I am building some wild and wacky contraptions or brute forcing my way around things by piling stuff up in unintended places to bypass certain mechanics entirely in a lot of them

I’ve got to the end of many of them and then gone “ohhhhhh I was meant to do x” lol

not sure how that's different from dropping weapons on the ground to complete circuits instead of moving the boxes they want

or this

https://www.ign.com/videos/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-an-easy-way-to-solve-motion-controlled-puzzles

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tiny Timbs posted:

Didn't the same thing happen with Pillars of Eternity? At some point the devs just went "gently caress it" and said the game would never be fixed.

Sorta. They said that the Switch hardware made it impossible to fix the various issues but I figure it's less that and more that they were an outside studio hired by the publisher to make the port and the publisher didn't wanna pay them to spend time fixing it.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Len posted:

a) Wintendo
b) what the gently caress

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The worst Zelda is Majora’s Mask. The countdown and moon make for a game this is anxiety personified.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I like when games make me anxious, its fun

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

FlapYoJacks posted:

The worst Zelda is Majora’s Mask. The countdown and moon make for a game this is anxiety personified.

Just play the Inverted Song of Time lmao its so easy.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

hatty posted:

I like when games make me anxious, its fun

Yeah Bloodborne was the best

I can't believe we get to play botw 2 at the end of the week

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

man nurse posted:

Sucks too, I bought Kotor 2 with the promise that all the extra cut content was coming as free DLC. Now not only is that probably never happening, but apparently the game isn’t able to be completed due to a bug that never got fixed?

Can they even get away with continuing to sell something like that?

it's the switch, that stuff is praxis at this point

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i can also confirm that botw2 is real good btw :coolfish:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Super-NintendoUser posted:

There's a few neat documentaries about the BOTW dev cycle. The play testers kept finding weird edge cases in the gameplay where you could do unintended actions/manipulations, and solve puzzles in unintended ways, and the devs started to fix them, but the producer said basically "if it doesn't cause the game to crash or break the game, leave it in" and the game is way better for it.

They definitely embraced that philosophy and leaned into it, while also taking some of the fun unintended things and making them intended so anyone can mess with it and build on top of it.

You can also see where they took systems, like the time freezing ability, and looked what else they could do with that to make it refreshing and open new gameplay opportunities.

I think the dev team also played some dark souls at some point and took notes of the things that could enhance Zelda.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

FlapYoJacks posted:

it rules

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

majoras mask is fun, theres no need for anxiety when the 3 days will just loop no matter what and you learn what happens each day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I play the reverse song of time and treat it like a normal zelda game except I lose all my ammo after every dungeon

lemme tell you the only time majora's mask has induced anxiety was the gamecube port that would just freeze when you caught on fire as deku link and force you to restart from the first day. really cool bug to run into in the last room before the woodfall boss.