Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Herstory Begins Now posted:

days late on this but fyi they 100% will not and do not ban for this and I haven't even heard of a single ban for this in like 4 years. like 2/3 of the playerbase uses a flask macro to trigger 4 flasks with a single button press (or eventually just automates flasks with 'used when full' from instilling orbs)

path of exile is a game where its creator SAYS that macros are illegal but unless you have adamantium wrist tendons you're going to give yourself RSI if you don't use them so it's just like "don't stream yourself activating them"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
reporting you guys to the developer. Enjoy your lifetime ban, nerds. >:]

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Nooooo he hit his friend with a shovel for having sex with his girlfriend, or something like that. The exact reason escapes me but it wasn’t his girlfriend who got a shovelin’

Yeah he attacked a friend with a shovel over his friend sleeping with his girlfriend. I think it led to him going to jail/prison for a stint? It's why he got that tattoo:

Facebook Aunt posted:

There's bards, but they are full casters.

Play Pathfinder, it's better. :troll:

Pathfinder 2e sounds pretty solid, honestly. I'm tempted to try it out if I ever get an itch for another D&D-type RPG.

As far as Paladin characters go, I was always fond of the Crusader class from the 3.5e Tome of Battle, which was basically a revamped Paladin centered more around committing to some "cause" that could be a god or could be something abstract like love or justice. The Tome of Battle classes had some really solid maneuver mechanics and the Crusader was an absolute tanky beast in play.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 14:02 on May 8, 2023

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

im pure evil and actively working to destroy the planet as a troll

I thought you said you weren't a senator

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

RyokoTK posted:

5th edition at least lets you be a paladin without being either Lawful or Good.

I was wondering if I stumbled into a time portal back to 2007 because yeah lawful good paladin restrictions haven't been a thing since 3.5

Nuns with Guns posted:

Pathfinder 2e sounds pretty solid, honestly. I'm tempted to try it out if I ever get an itch for another D&D-type RPG.

Having played it for the better part of six months (both running and as a player) it's pretty rad, and i'm saying this as someone who didn't really like PF1. They did a pretty good job of maintaining a level of customizability for characters while at the same time trimming down any feats that are considered must-haves or your character is trashed.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

pathfinder 1 + 2 are both mid. icon gang

docbeard posted:

I thought you said you weren't a senator

(throws a smoke bomb and then when the smoke disperses im still there)

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I'm excited to try ICON 1.5 because I had some issues with 1.3 and 1.4 that they seem to have ironed out.

also: ryuutama gang

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

pog boyfriend posted:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i dont really like d&d or pathfinder as far as rpgs go.

blades in the dark ftw though

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Leraika posted:

I'm excited to try ICON 1.5 because I had some issues with 1.3 and 1.4 that they seem to have ironed out.

also: ryuutama gang

anyone who posts about ryuutama is instantly my friend and has my protection for life

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I think the first time I played it was with some goons; I don't remember a lot of the details but we solved the problem of a giant molebeast that was rampaging because it had been woken from its hibernation early by casting the summon a pile of dead leaves spell to give it a nice comfy bed in its burrow and improvising mole lullabies (mostly earthworm-related)

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

pog boyfriend posted:

(throws a smoke bomb and then when the smoke disperses im still there)

ICON looks like it'll be great, and I love LANCER so I'm excited for it when they finalize stuff and probably do another crowdfund to publish the book.

I love my Ryuutama book. It's so colorful and nice to flip through, and it has great illustrations. I ran a play-by-post type Ryuutama game in a discord with friends, but it kind of died off because PbP is awful to run the minute you have to do some kind of "everyone take a turn" combat situation.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Love Blades and its derivatives. I'm running a Blades in the Dark game and also playing in a Court of Blades game right now.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 8, 2023

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
reading an lc entry from byob, tasting copper as the style sheet loads

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

reading an lc entry from byob, tasting copper as the style sheet loads

unfortunately, there are no funny black rocks to be found

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Boba Pearl posted:

play a mage loser

Okay, I will

poo poo, I rolled one for a shitpost, but there's a spellbook right there. Boba, you are wisdom.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

im pure evil and actively working to destroy the planet as a troll

i'm g... ood...

also Shadow of the Demon Lord, mechanically, is pretty tight and easy to play. The lore/setting has a lot of fun ideas but also a lot of super edgy stuff in it (which can be fun too, also the art is fantastic), but if you're just looking for a system to rip into to play your own homebrew setting in, check it out.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 8, 2023

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Late to paladin chat but the worst time I had playing a paladin was with a GM who wouldn't separate in-character knowledge with player knowledge. My paladin fell because he "lied" to city guards that were looking for the party rogue. Apparently because I, the player, knew where the rogue was hiding, my paladin (who hadn't seen said rogue that day) automatically knew where he was and was lying if he said he didn't. Stil a better GM than the one who tried to sexually assault my character with his DMPC faerie dragon.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

lollontee posted:

unfortunately, there are no funny black rocks to be found

going back to the elephant's foot for relief

i usually pick paladin / defender characters lol. it's because the early d&d stuff and parodies i saw before actually playing ALWAYS had a mace and shield paladin, and everyone else wants to be a tiefling arteficer or something exotic. a good paladin player is the straight man in a comedy routine

Douche Wolf 89 fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 8, 2023

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I've always wanted to play a fat cleric with a southern drawl that's a thinly veiled parody of a bible belt redneck, and do it mechanically where he has INT as a dump stat but max wisdom. Also he's obsessed with cooking and tinkering with mechanics. And since every fantasy character has a name that tests your dyslexia, he'd be named Thibodeaux

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Now I just may be a simple country cleric [puts thumbs under suspenders] but it seems to me his here dragon is of the third gender

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Fortaleza posted:

Now I just may be a simple country cleric [puts thumbs under suspenders] but it seems to me his here dragon is of the third gender

Lol

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

I don't know how y'all do things in the big city, but out here us proper Pelor-fearing folk don't truck with dragon titties. Ain't natural. It ain't in no monster manual I've ever heard of.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Marcade posted:

I don't know how y'all do things in the big city, but out here us proper Pelor-fearing folk don't truck with dragon titties. Ain't natural. It ain't in no monster manual I've ever heard of.

some people go for rolling criticals, other people go for F.A.T.A.L.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

*rolls for anal circumference* My God, what is that dragon doing to its anus!?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Y'all need Deneir

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Blades in the Dark is one of the coolest systems ever

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Marcade posted:

*rolls for anal circumference* My God, what is that dragon doing to its anus!?

This is my dragon. Aurora Boreuranus.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Grassy Knowles posted:

This is my dragon. Aurora Boreuranus.

If she says your behavior is heinous
Kick her right in the Boreuranus

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

I've always wanted to play a fat cleric with a southern drawl that's a thinly veiled parody of a bible belt redneck, and do it mechanically where he has INT as a dump stat but max wisdom. Also he's obsessed with cooking and tinkering with mechanics. And since every fantasy character has a name that tests your dyslexia, he'd be named Thibodeaux

I almost never play cleric or paladin characters but my friend and I came up with an idea for a pirate cleric that I really want to play. Just a hard-partying, rowdy pirate who became a devoted cleric of whatever the setting's sea god is so that he could help ensure safe and quick sailing and call down the sea god's wrath on any pirate hunters who might be pursuing them.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Harrow posted:

I almost never play cleric or paladin characters but my friend and I came up with an idea for a pirate cleric that I really want to play. Just a hard-partying, rowdy pirate who became a devoted cleric of whatever the setting's sea god is so that he could help ensure safe and quick sailing.

Cleric is just a devotee to a god, doesn't specify what kind of god.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
evil cleric having a master plan to synethesize an evil potion in order to destroy a library then gets defeated by two teens whose emo friend then drinks the potion it took 10,000 gp, 5000 xp, unique ingredients and 10 years to brew

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Harrow posted:

Blades in the Dark is one of the coolest systems ever

Blades really kicks rear end as a GM that loving hates making and balancing map-based encounters in 5E.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
trickster god clerics are the best, a bunch parlour tricks, 0 healing abilities, actively working against your party. i like when one of the characters can create a lot of the weirdness without taking over the story, "small" fantasy settings help with that too

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Spanish Manlove posted:

Cleric is just a devotee to a god, doesn't specify what kind of god.

Doesn't even have to be a god in D&D, you can just be a cleric of some vague spiritual concept if you prefer. One of the party members in Planescape: Torment is explicitly an atheist cleric.

You can absolutely be a cleric of partying if your DM isn't a total buzzkill. E: or yeah just a trickster god priest, always a good time

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

I misread trickster as hipster. "Yeah, I'm a cleric of a really obscure god, you've probably never heard of him." Ooh, a god of hipsters. If they become too mainstream, all the clerics lose their powers.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Marcade posted:

I misread trickster as hipster. "Yeah, I'm a cleric of a really obscure god, you've probably never heard of him." Ooh, a god of hipsters. If they become too mainstream, all the clerics lose their powers.

I worship N Senada, it's best you don't hear more of him.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah, sure, I’ll chant hymns for my god, but you should really hear them on the original vinyl

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
rogue wizard btw. motherfucking prestidigation has lifted so many keys off so many tables, that most of my irl streetfighting experience comes from defeating gm's

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Cranappleberry posted:

evil cleric having a master plan to synethesize an evil potion in order to destroy a library then gets defeated by two teens whose emo friend then drinks the potion it took 10,000 gp, 5000 xp, unique ingredients and 10 years to brew

Fuckin’ Realmslore.

On the topic of clerics, my brother once played a non-talking St. Bernard cleric where it was unclear if it was just a dog that had stolen a bunch of potions and a mitre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Hey, if his miracles cure my poison and heal my HP it's all the same to me