Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

docbeard posted:

I will honestly probably never play a character that doesn't use The Stampede ever again.

Stampede and Breathstealer is what I like to use before I get full cluster because of the extra anoints.

And Breathstealer is like a bottom fo the barrel poor mans Headhunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Well the Black Star fight wasn't particularly fun but she (it?) is dead.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Frank Frank posted:

Well the Black Star fight wasn't particularly fun but she (it?) is dead.

If you thought that fight wasn't particularly fun I've got some bad news for you on the Eater of Worlds questline.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

whypick1 posted:

If you thought that fight wasn't particularly fun I've got some bad news for you on the Eater of Worlds questline.

I honestly think Exarch is a worse fight than Eater though it's really drat close

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

docbeard posted:

I honestly think Exarch is a worse fight than Eater though it's really drat close

he's referring to the Infinite Hunger which is the worst fight in the game unless you can one-phase him

e: and even then he's pretty annoying

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yeah, referring to Hunger.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

No Safe Word posted:

he's referring to the Infinite Hunger which is the worst fight in the game unless you can one-phase him

Eh even then I'd rather deal with the sewer dimension than with dodging meteors.

None of them are exactly good fights though

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

docbeard posted:

Eh even then I'd rather deal with the sewer dimension than with dodging meteors.

None of them are exactly good fights though

Those meteors would one shot me if Mistwall wasn't up and it's kinda hard to tell where they are landing. I figured out pretty quickly to charge at the one shooting fire lasers and dash back and forth over her but doing that while dodging meteors was unpleasant. Also occasionally I'd get frozen and that would = instant death.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
You guys understand the rotating fire/cold resist mechanic of that fight, right?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
And also that you can hide behind the cold side pillars during the hail storm

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Of those 4 fights, Hunger is the only one I really dislike.

The others I might have specific complaints where like, part of 1 mechanic or something is lovely, but Hunger is just trash with even more trash.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

“Infinite hunger “ is a cool name for a thing

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
WTF is this Exarch fight? Ended up losing because my last portal dropped me into lag and then I instantly died from those rolling flame boulder things the moment I spawned in. What on earth am I supposed to do? I was fine up until that flame boulder bullshit started but the gaps between the boulders are not big enough to run through safely and they not only take like 80% of my health on contact but also slow me.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

Frank Frank posted:

the gaps between the boulders are not big enough to run through safely

Yes they are :)

There are also ways to cheese the fight like using totems to trigger the balls before they get to you or just using grace period (don't move after you hit the portal!) to wait out the phase.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

id rather do any of those four than shaper which is entirely about wasting as much of yorutime as possible

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

No Safe Word posted:

I've never understood what you're supposed to do when he submerges. Like I assumed you're supposed to let him catch up to you and then dash away before he pops out, but he does it so quick and it just one shots me.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ahh cool i have to fight four no effort bosses and hope i dont get the ones where u stand around waiting, and then shaper himself has two extremely long invulnerable attacks and keeps banishing u ot insanely annoying tileset maps. epic

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

Fister Roboto posted:

I've never understood what you're supposed to do when he submerges. Like I assumed you're supposed to let him catch up to you and then dash away before he pops out, but he does it so quick and it just one shots me.

When he submerges, he comes to you with a MELEE ATTACK. So what you need to do is bait the melee attack and then get away (or tank it) before it hits so he comes back out of the ground.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

WTF is this Exarch fight? Ended up losing because my last portal dropped me into lag and then I instantly died from those rolling flame boulder things the moment I spawned in. What on earth am I supposed to do? I was fine up until that flame boulder bullshit started but the gaps between the boulders are not big enough to run through safely and they not only take like 80% of my health on contact but also slow me.

Ive never been able to dodge all the balls, you really want to be able to eat some. The important thing is to never touch the glyphs that spread on the ground, they make you take significantly more fire damage for 10 seconds

Also, if you die to the balls phase just wait for it to end when you zone back in, there's a 30 second invulnerability timer if you just stand there and do nothing. This can be good for other boss mechanics as well

Even on uber I think he only does the balls three times, so if you can deal with everything else you can just sacrifice three portals to the balls

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

totalnewbie posted:

You guys understand the rotating fire/cold resist mechanic of that fight, right?

I actually don't because I do that fight like once every 4 months and can't be bothered to remember that poo poo

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

Papercut posted:

I actually don't because I do that fight like once every 4 months and can't be bothered to remember that poo poo

The boss alternates fire and cold attacks. Stand in fire to get cold res, stand in cold to get fire res. Then you can just tank all that poo poo.

It takes time, though, so make sure you start changing your buff/debuff asap.

night yorb
Apr 21, 2023
Anyone here planning on participating in the BPL this time around? I bounced off of Crucible fairly early on, but enjoyed the last time I tried out BPL so I am signed up. Looks like the league isn't full yet but close to being full and the first team sort is soon, which I heard kicks off even more sign-ups. Anywho, here's their actually kind of terrible announcement video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTjEnecdBJM which I wish included better information. But yeah. Team scoring league for fun, takes place over a long weekend, work together with a team of up to 300 people to accomplish feats/collect items for points. I appreciate the fact that it is such a short amount of time, so if you still want to focus on Crucible league stuff you don't waste more than a weekend.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Frank Frank posted:

Two things that could help here:

1. Use totems/etc in order to destroy some of the balls.
2. When you die in the ball phase, don't release until it's over.

Also for your alt weapon swaps:

1. It's great to have a pair of 3 white socket items to swap to,
2. I also like crafting stats on them so I don't drop below the needed for auras or whatever when swapping back and forth
3. It can be super nice QOL to socket a portal into one of your swap set weapons along with the benchcraft 'trigger socketed spells when you use an ability' for 0 cast time portals.
4. If you benchcraft on socketed gems have +x% quality, you can level empower/enhance/enlighten faster :)

Nur_Neerg fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 8, 2023

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Nur_Neerg posted:

3. It can be super nice QOL to socket a portal into one of your swap set weapons along with the benchcraft 'trigger socketed spells when you use an ability' for 0 cast time portals.

...drat, didn't even think about doing that. I just have it linked to Faster Casting.

In other news, thanks to that 20d Watcher's Eye I sold (phys-as-light + chaos res w/ PoE, PDR w/ Determ) and some aggressive currency flipping, I grabbed the Progenesis/Bloodnotch/Immutable Force "immortal" combo. Only done regular Sirus with it, but being able to facetank his DIE beam is fun and I'll probably give Uber Sirus a whirl later.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 8, 2023

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

night yorb posted:

Anyone here planning on participating in the BPL this time around? I bounced off of Crucible fairly early on, but enjoyed the last time I tried out BPL so I am signed up. Looks like the league isn't full yet but close to being full and the first team sort is soon, which I heard kicks off even more sign-ups. Anywho, here's their actually kind of terrible announcement video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTjEnecdBJM which I wish included better information. But yeah. Team scoring league for fun, takes place over a long weekend, work together with a team of up to 300 people to accomplish feats/collect items for points. I appreciate the fact that it is such a short amount of time, so if you still want to focus on Crucible league stuff you don't waste more than a weekend.

Sort is happening now.

I'm signed up; I had a ton ton ton of fun last league in BPL and it's a great way to learn about specific parts of the game (if you want). Like if you ever really wanted to learn how to farm X, this is probably the best way to learn.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Got bored in Act 5 so i tried out the exploding totem staff i got days ago on my rf ascendant (no rf).

It's interesting and the devouring totems are nice but as an altaholic i now have to restart the build as a marauder (undecided on chieftan or jugg atm) and see how far i get.

Why do i keep doing this to myself. lol :ughh:

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Not sure if anyone here has significant experience poking at crucible trees; have this bow base I'm trying to get 48% inc dot damage, deadly draw, +120 dex, and 32% fire dot multi on. Currently got two states, imprinted and current. Current is:

The imprinted version only has 40% inc dot damage, but paths from Deadly Draw to that 32% fire dot multi node in the middle. Is there a reasonable way to get that path to re-attach? Debating whether I should just imprint back to the 40% version with the paths connected and move on to the 4th node or if I should try to re-attach on the current version with the better inc dot damage.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

totalnewbie posted:

The boss alternates fire and cold attacks. Stand in fire to get cold res, stand in cold to get fire res. Then you can just tank all that poo poo.

It takes time, though, so make sure you start changing your buff/debuff asap.

Lmao no, I didn’t pick up on any of that at all. I should just watch a video like I did for Catarina (6th kill today, got some lame robe worth like 40c tops :smith:)

The hunger guy wasn’t all that bad. The only attack that killed me was when he summoned a tidal wave of goo that closed in on me from all sides. No idea how you’re supposed to deal with that but otherwise I just ran around while he was underground, piled on damage when he surfaced until he began winding up that ground slam attack and then dashed away. The exarch guy I’ve only tried once but I only got him like 3/4 of the way dead

Picked up 2 more div today and have an offer out for a 3rd and 3 golden oils then I have to figure out what the hell im going to do about resists once I get the circle of nostalgia

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
The sinking stuff takes you to a side zone where you have to quickly find the exit before you get overwhelmed by a debuff

It sucks rear end

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Haha holy gently caress whispers of doom and now everything just loving explodes before I can even get close to it. With Mistwalker active I'm just flying around the map while everything just explodes.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Told ya :smug:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Wuxi posted:

Told ya :smug:

You weren't kidding. I was a little worried about giving up single target damage on bosses but I just smoked that T13 boss that just firestorms everywhere easier than when I had spellslinger on a corrupted map rare map with a bunch of modifiers.

I think my next project has to be getting a pair of boots with some resists on them so I can eventually use the circle of nostalgia.

The issue I'm having now (because console) is that I can't loot fast enough while I'm racing around the map and have to double back to make sure I didn't miss anything. Wish I had autoloot based on my filter settings. Man, the exploding gloves are sure making strongboxes a lot less nervewracking.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 8, 2023

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

Frank Frank posted:

I just smoked that T13 boss

:shobon:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

You weren't kidding. I was a little worried about giving up single target damage on bosses but I just smoked that T13 boss that just firestorms everywhere easier than when I had spellslinger on a corrupted map rare map with a bunch of modifiers.

I think my next project has to be getting a pair of boots with some resists on them so I can eventually use the circle of nostalgia.

The issue I'm having now (because console) is that I can't loot fast enough while I'm racing around the map and have to double back to make sure I didn't miss anything. Wish I had autoloot based on my filter settings.

Temporal Chains isnt just fuel for your explosions and a defensive debuff. Its also a massive damage boost for poison builds in every situation where a mob lives for longer than your initial poison duration.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

(I'm doing the eater of worlds stuff)

night yorb
Apr 21, 2023

totalnewbie posted:

Sort is happening now.

I'm signed up; I had a ton ton ton of fun last league in BPL and it's a great way to learn about specific parts of the game (if you want). Like if you ever really wanted to learn how to farm X, this is probably the best way to learn.

You're not kidding. Especially learning things about group leveling, since they try and get people through acts as quickly as possible. There's a lot of tech in there when you're playing in a full group! I had a friend sign up to be one of the dedicated Blight enjoyers during the BPL I played and that seemed like a lot of fun for him. Just have someone show up and dump a bunch of blight maps on you, then collect all your oils when you're done. I did BPL before Expedition, but from reading chat it seems like that is a fun one to focus on as well during the event. And then, of course, Heist. They have a new scoring system so its even more interesting this time around. I am excited to see how my team handles that. Kronos, btw! Go time lords or whatever. Now I just need a build. I really wanted to do RF Jugg, but I also want to do Lab maybe? And that's going to be too slow. At least I have the rest of the week so look around and see if my team has a better idea for lab running!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

am i the only one who finds the sinking zone fine. u just leap slam to the portal?? dont get the probelm.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Just picked up a "secondary regrading lens". Should I use it to roll one of my superior gems or is this like a divine where I should just sell it/use it for currency?

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Just picked up a "secondary regrading lens". Should I use it to roll one of my superior gems or is this like a divine where I should just sell it/use it for currency?

It's a gamble to use, worth most of a div to sell I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You can either:

1) Look at what alt quality support gems your build guide calls for, look at how much just buying those on the open market would be, then look at the weighting for each of those alt quality options are to determine which one to close your eyes and hope you hit the most-likely-1-in-3 chance of getting the quality you want

or

2) Just sell the drat thing

:thunk: