Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Personally, never had big problems with mine. only thing i can think of is you can slowly yank out the shaft if you put enough force through the wheel, eventually disconnecting the usb-c that connects the wheel to the base. (mind, this is from pulling it toward you ever so slowly) which is why its got that clamp. pretty easy to fix tho you shove it back in and tighten it. Has happened maybe twice through a year tho I play RBR only so I'm really cranking that POS oft-times.

I'd look around because afaik you can get more powerful bases for equivalent cost nowadays, i think? i mean its all gonna work fine either way because DD ftw. also supposedly theyre redoing their qr system but idk. Also i sold that free wheel and got a mod. drift off ebay, drat suede+gloves is sick lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
I got the Moza R9 and GS Formula wheel late last year and with the exception of a little bit of weirdness and rollbacks of a couple of firmware updates I have loved them as far as actual performance goes.

A couple of months ago I got their CS Wheel which has been great for situations where I want a full round wheel.

They have the R5 as well to compete with the lower strength DD bases.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For Fanatec wheel bases, are there any 3rd party devices that can make them work on PlayStation 5? Any recommendations? I have CSL Elite 1.1, but it's the Xbox version.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I said come in! posted:

For Fanatec wheel bases, are there any 3rd party devices that can make them work on PlayStation 5? Any recommendations? I have CSL Elite 1.1, but it's the Xbox version.

Have you tried putting it in PC mode and just connecting it? You might be SOL if you didn't get one that specifically works with PlayStation - I know they made different versions. If you want to gamble, you could maybe try loading the firmware for the PS version on it?

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Drivehub should do this. https://www.drivehubnow.com

Basically its a box you plug everything and a Hori wired PS controller in and it uses that controller to do the handshake with the PS. The suggestion above won't work - there's a hardware handshake involved.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

squirrelzipper posted:

Basically its a box you plug everything and a Hori wired PS controller in and it uses that controller to do the handshake with the PS. The suggestion above won't work - there's a hardware handshake involved.

Does that use the controller to spoof the connection to the console? That's pretty hilarious (and awesome).

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You can also get/build a gimx hub

http://blog.gimx.fr

It’s basically the open source drivehub. I put hundreds of hours into gran turismo sport using one of these and my t300rs/fanatec setup

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

F1 23 has a release date for June 15. The PC version still uses VR too! Such a terrible release date though, right in the middle of Diablo VI, and Final Fantasy 16. :cripes:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

squirrelzipper posted:

Perfect! Thank you!

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

KillHour posted:

Does that use the controller to spoof the connection to the console? That's pretty hilarious (and awesome).

Yup that's exactly how it works - it needs a wired 3rd party controller to spoof the handshake. Literally a hack really.

pr0craztinazn
Feb 24, 2006
I’m trying to choose between some US $300 before shipping pedal options now that TrakRacer finally shipped the order I placed five months ago. The choices I’ve outlined are Fanatec CSL Elite V2 or a set of Sim Jack Pros. As reluctant as I am about ordering knockoffs off AliExpress, what reviews are out there seem solid.

There’s someone selling a used Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedal set for $300 somewhat local to me, but that doesn’t seem as worthwhile since the reviews comparing the two reiterate the CSL V2’s brake feel is superior.

My current setup is a G27 so anything will be an improvement. Input is welcomed.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

pr0craztinazn posted:

I’m trying to choose between some US $300 before shipping pedal options now that TrakRacer finally shipped the order I placed five months ago. The choices I’ve outlined are Fanatec CSL Elite V2 or a set of Sim Jack Pros. As reluctant as I am about ordering knockoffs off AliExpress, what reviews are out there seem solid.

There’s someone selling a used Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedal set for $300 somewhat local to me, but that doesn’t seem as worthwhile since the reviews comparing the two reiterate the CSL V2’s brake feel is superior.

My current setup is a G27 so anything will be an improvement. Input is welcomed.

I went from the G27 to CSL Elite (the v1) pedals and I don't think I'll ever need to upgrade my pedals. Just get the CSL Elites, they're fantastic. This is safely in the no-brainer area.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My DriveHub shipped. Very excited. :toot: Also, are there any new racing sims in development currently? Besides Forza.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
There is an Indy car game I’m sure will totally get released and be a great game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If it's not the indy cars from the 90s then I dont care.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

necrotic posted:

There is an Indy car game I’m sure will totally get released and be a great game

Things are still going incredibly poorly for Motorsport Games lol

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum

VelociBacon posted:

I went from the G27 to CSL Elite (the v1) pedals and I don't think I'll ever need to upgrade my pedals. Just get the CSL Elites, they're fantastic. This is safely in the no-brainer area.

Another vote. I went with the v2 just because and they're really solidly built. I expect them to outlive me.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I said come in! posted:

My DriveHub shipped. Very excited. :toot: Also, are there any new racing sims in development currently? Besides Forza.

Assetto Corsa 2 is the only thing confirmed on the horizon, unless you believe Rennsport and GTR3 are real.

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

I actually just got some Sim Jack Pros in last week and have put them through their paces. I upgraded(?) from some Fanatec ClubSport V3s and I mostly did it so that I could spread the pedals out across my rig more. I am very pleasantly surprised by them, but they do come with some caveats. You have to fiddle with them, calibration via Diview, is a bit of a headache, there's some EM interference issues with my CSL DD that were sorted by grounding both the gas and brake pedal to the outer shield of the USB port directly, and the bushing / spring combo on the brake pedal are so bad as to be unusable, I sorted this out with some skateboard bushings that i purchased and some rubber isolators I had just lying around. Also mounting them Is a bit of trouble as they expect you to bring your own heel plate and stuff to the party, luckily I had just the right assortment of trash lying around to make it work on my sim rig (with the m6 t-nuts i bought specifically for these pedals). Another minor annoyance is that they are too large and strudy for my 25 watt transducers to vibrate vigorously enough for my liking, but I guess that means I need bigger shakers and amplifier.

IMHO Totally go for the simjack if you enjoy (or even tolerate) loving around with stuff, they're a way better value imo, and only require a bit of fiddling. If you just want a solution in a box they are not for you.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

njsykora posted:

Assetto Corsa 2 is the only thing confirmed on the horizon, unless you believe Rennsport and GTR3 are real.

lmao I forgot GTR3 existed. I want those to be real. Excited about AC2. I didnt know about that one.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I think GTR3 might’ve already been officially cancelled after they realised ACC already existed.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Things are still going incredibly poorly for Motorsport Games lol

rbr=matrix oatmeal
dozer=me

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
one of the RBR map makers made this beautiful map (Legazpi-Gabiri), has pipeline to help make these outdoorsy maps more easily. then immediately started making some urban map that required insane amounts of work virtualizing 40 bajillion buildings. absolutely incredible brain

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Regarding games in development, there's also Ian Bell's new studio working on something that will of course be the best racing Sim ever.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GhostDog posted:

Regarding games in development, there's also Ian Bell's new studio working on something that will of course be the best racing Sim ever.

Going to laugh so hard when EA eventually buys their studio.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Homeless Friend posted:

one of the RBR map makers made this beautiful map (Legazpi-Gabiri), has pipeline to help make these outdoorsy maps more easily. then immediately started making some urban map that required insane amounts of work virtualizing 40 bajillion buildings. absolutely incredible brain

In awe of the brain

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

I said come in! posted:

Going to laugh so hard when MSG eventually buys their studio.

pr0craztinazn
Feb 24, 2006
Thanks for the feedback on the pedal question, everyone! I ended up ordering CSL Elite V2s after seeing complaints online and from another friend who just got theirs about the nearly non-existent customer support from SimJack when the Pros arrived with load cell or control box issues. Fanatec isn't exactly known for great customer support, either, but their QC seems slightly more consistent.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

GhostDog posted:

The gently caress did he sell SMS for, just to start all over again?!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Combat Pretzel posted:

That’s how these kinds of people work yeah, SMS was failing after PCars 2 flopped, PCars 3 was PCars 3 and their Fast and Furious game bombed so might as well cash out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Combat Pretzel posted:

It was funny, he was originally with EA, then left to be an indie studio, only to get purchased by Codemasters, who then got purchased by EA, so he literally went full circle back to EA lol. He use to poo poo talk EA openly during the development of Project CARS, and how much he hated working with them. So leaving to start yet another studio shortly after was no surprise.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What financial scheme will he abuse this time?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

What financial scheme will he abuse this time?

He’s cursing Motorsport Games for getting to the crypto poo poo first.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Well, I got my DriveHub, but can't get the firmware update tool to detect it, and can't get my PS5 to detect my fanatec wheel (made sure its set to PC mode per the instructions). So I am off to a rough start. Does anyone have any experience with getting it to play nicely with the PS5, or troubleshooting the firmware update issues?

[edit]
I didnt do my research, this does not work with PlayStation 5. Need to find an alternative.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 11, 2023

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Well, I got my DriveHub, but can't get the firmware update tool to detect it, and can't get my PS5 to detect my fanatec wheel (made sure its set to PC mode per the instructions). So I am off to a rough start. Does anyone have any experience with getting it to play nicely with the PS5, or troubleshooting the firmware update issues?

[edit]
I didnt do my research, this does not work with PlayStation 5. Need to find an alternative.

Do you have a 3rd party Hori or other PS5 controller also connected to the Drivehub? I don’t have one but Dave Cam uses drivehub with the PS5 and seems to have it working

https://youtu.be/BfqYUL5IxXc

E; he’s apparently using a PS4 wired Hori as well this one https://www.board-game.co.uk/produc...yBoCrZ4QAvD_BwE

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

squirrelzipper posted:

Do you have a 3rd party Hori or other PS5 controller also connected to the Drivehub? I don’t have one but Dave Cam uses drivehub with the PS5 and seems to have it working

https://youtu.be/BfqYUL5IxXc

E; he’s apparently using a PS4 wired Hori as well this one https://www.board-game.co.uk/produc...yBoCrZ4QAvD_BwE

Reading about that on Reddit, and GTPlanet, and people were reporting input lag, and other serious issues that end up making it not really playable. I'm thinking of just returning the Drive Hub, i'll be able to use my racing wheel with the next Forza Motorsport at least on Series X.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

If anyone is wondering what the lead times are for Sim 3D, check out the dates on my order:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
I’d have been hounding support well before then!

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

necrotic posted:

'Where's the wheel?' 'When are you going to ship the wheel?' 'Why aren't you shipping the wheel now?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

necrotic posted:

This is just for little motors for the pedals and the seat, it was only a few hundred and I totally forgot about it for at least a month in there.

I popped onto their discord and hounded them about it and the guy immediately deleted the message I made where I specified my order date and told me it was being sent this week. Heh.