Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Scuba Trooper posted:

I lucked out with drops and circles the other day and finally knocked that one out. Now I just have to land thunder spears to get a skin I’ll probably never use

They work on the card vault trio boss guys if you want an easy completion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
The force powers are extremely fun

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Scuba Trooper posted:

Now I just have to land thunder spears to get a skin I’ll probably never use

They explode a lot faster than they used to, and you can use them on the bosses. You should be able to knock that out super easy now.

Edit:

Drink and Fight posted:

They work on the card vault trio boss guys if you want an easy completion.

:argh:NEW PAGE!:argh:

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

The vault bosses no longer count :(

edit: I'm probably wrong about this; I think I was just dinging them with explosions and it needs to be a direct hit

Scuba Trooper fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 5, 2023

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Team rumble is great for banging out quests. I have no shame and for the more annoying quests that require battle royale mode I just force a bot match and do those there.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Fancy Hat! posted:

I haven't played much but I still haven't finished the Eren quests becuase finding the 3D Movement Gear and then hitting the targets around the map is... really rare.

But honestly if I miss out on Eren's stuff I won't really be too upset. Possibly the most mid character they could have put in the pass.

They always have ODM great upstairs here:

Amphigory posted:

My #1 drop spot is that wee island south of mega city

At least 1 decent gun, katana, hang about a few mins and hopefully get a the key augment then a proper gun

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Amphigory posted:

They always have ODM great upstairs here:

Much obliged!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Why is the vault on the island in the sky so bad?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I know, it’s amazing how not worth it it is. No extra slurps or anything.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It even has 1 less rare chest and no gold

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Spacebump posted:

Why is the vault on the island in the sky so bad?

cause the real poo poo is just the point you can capture

they pulled a fast one on us, the players. But it probably has something to do with that vault being as easy to open as getting one augment.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Every once in a while one of us will test the island vault to see if they've made it worth the two keys, but so far it's just a way to let your guard down and invite another team to rush you.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1654638092127444993

Force stuff is fun. CANNOT get the stupid weekly that is mark 5 enemy units/players to work

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Anora posted:

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1654638092127444993

Force stuff is fun. CANNOT get the stupid weekly that is mark 5 enemy units/players to work

The augment works. So does capturing a point.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Anora posted:

I shot someone twice with the DMR while having the marksman augment and it counted as 5 marks for some reason, so my apologies for taking your quest progress.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Anora posted:

I thought it meant ”mark” in the way you can put a way point on an item, like the “mark a smg, rifle, and shotgun” quests. But no, it means use the Bloodhound augment or capture a point. Once you know that, it should be easy.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/FN_Assist/status/1655232993470865411?t=hVKjCNkYVKLXkoja9-6ebw&s=19

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Epic: Our big Goku Day update is here. We won't fix Goku's model. But you can buy this new one!
Nimbus Cloud glider still illegal due to quest confusion.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I hope we get all the goku's like dragonball fighterZ

Goku and Vegeta's hair clipping through the top of vehicles is great and never fix it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
in regards to the star wars quests, I've found myself making decent progress per round on headshots with the blaster and/or a rifle. Either I'm a better shot than I think or the game is pretty generous on what counts as a headshot.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

The game is pretty generous on what counts as a headshot.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I mean it's what I had my money on of the two options but I still didn't expect to progress through that quest as easily as I have been.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I just carry one then headshot knocked dudes, because I'm Garbo with both those guns

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1655724373699878914?t=-2DUFfnDW4sRFttZIZvD5w&s=19

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Hotdog guy eats his children? That's hosed up

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The squirrel house is the back bling and it’s pretty cute.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The earthquakes
https://twitter.com/FNBRWatch/status/1655999232283639810?t=sPrftJipMX2qmbqqiTBiVg&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Looks like a spider-man collab is starting immediately after star wars and runs until the end of the season.
https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1657024600713166849?t=L9J2iYnfdMpBNxQSqx6mTw&s=19

Other details for future stuff.
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1657071238735331341?t=LaC3Z3bHmI24aZ0nHr6cvg&s=19

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I really hope we get Scarlet Spider. I saw him on a poster for the new movie, and it's probably the only Marvel skin I'd ever buy.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hrist posted:

I really hope we get Scarlet Spider. I saw him on a poster for the new movie, and it's probably the only Marvel skin I'd ever buy.

Supposedly the miles pack has 2 skins. Either it is a maskless and masked miles or we get miles and someone like scarlet spider, silk, or spider-man 2099

Edit: or old man peter

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 13, 2023

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I've been seeing people speculate it'll be 2099. The file name sounded like it's supposed to be a villain skin to me. But I can always hope.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Trios is gone tomorrow, with no concrete reason given. That's a plummet in interest for me, since it and squads are really all I play. :(

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

man, what? trios is probably what i play most besides solo, this legitimately might mean we have to play with one rando in squads if a fourth friend isn't around

what the gently caress is that decision :psyduck:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
At least for Zero Build our group usually queues squads whether we have three or four people in queue. You're down one player, but there's no (-t supposed to be) MMR factored in to squads anyway, so it's the wild west of wins/losses.

Also ZB trios are weirdly sweaty.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Just a reminder we have the new discord if you need to fill out your squad with goons 😁

https://discord.gg/NuZUt4jn

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Andrigaar posted:

At least for Zero Build our group usually queues squads whether we have three or four people in queue. You're down one player, but there's no (-t supposed to be) MMR factored in to squads anyway, so it's the wild west of wins/losses.

Also ZB trios are weirdly sweaty.

I have a theory that the sweatiness of a given season/event is directly proportional to how powerful the newest movement item/weapon is.

And those light sabers are really good...

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
RIP trios. That was the main mode my crew played.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
It's most likely because bots aren't going to be in ranked so they had to cut trios since you'd have a 99/100 lobby and that seems to be a problem for ??? reason.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mister Facetious posted:

I have a theory that the sweatiness of a given season/event is directly proportional to how powerful the newest movement item/weapon is.

And those light sabers are really good...

If you aren't throwing rocks at the island from miles away on the ground, watching the house crumble and seeing the sweats pile up on the side elimination thing, you aren't even playing. :dukedog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Hrist posted:

If you aren't throwing rocks at the island from miles away on the ground, watching the house crumble and seeing the sweats pile up on the side elimination thing, you aren't even playing. :dukedog:

Burning down the house/trees on the island with the fire sniper is also acceptable.