Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Literally A Person posted:

In a legal state a 1 gram joint runs between $1-3. Just saying.

https://gocannabist.com/deptford-adult-use-menu/

$45 for 1.75 g of pre rolls in NJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

That's because NJ loving sucks. We're talking about places that don't suck on ice. Except NM which also sucks on ice.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
And in connecticut, a 1g preroll is $18 to $20, and in massachusetts, $8 to $12

Isn't economics fun

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
I buy 1g cartridges for like $20 in Seattle.

I've definitely bought pre-rolls for under $10, and when I used to smoke more flower (cooler neighbors back then) I was regularly walking with $60 quarters

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Bow before my mighty $25 ounces and weep.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
West Coast Best Coast

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
I don't see what's so hard about holding a bottle or changing a diaper when you're stoned. Maybe it's just because I have a high tolerance but even after smoking a J I'm not gonna be all "whoa what even is a baby, man?"

Plus, what if the kid has bad vibes or is just plain unpleasant to be around? Wouldn't you want to take the edge off?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Runcible Cat posted:

AITA for not attending my sisters wedding after she almost didn't invite me because I'm under 18?
I'm always so baffled and darkly amused by people willing to torch life long relationships in order to make their ~~*Special Day*~~ just how they imagined. OP is justifiably pissed that big sis was more interested in keeping the 'no kids' rule she implemented than wanting her there.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DeeplyConcerned posted:

I don't see what's so hard about holding a bottle or changing a diaper when you're stoned. Maybe it's just because I have a high tolerance but even after smoking a J I'm not gonna be all "whoa what even is a baby, man?"

Plus, what if the kid has bad vibes or is just plain unpleasant to be around? Wouldn't you want to take the edge off?

You are going to put the baby in the oven and change the diaper of the turkey, because of the devil’s jazz cigarettes

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Never mind if you’re taking it medicinally too - better than pain killers and ambien or whatever the sleeping pill de jure for PTSD is

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You're probably already going to be running on too little sleep, you don't need anything else that blunts your perception or reflexes or focus involved

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Literally A Person posted:

Oregon and Washington State

right, forgot the PNW has a gigantic glut at the moment

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for not giving my MIL Saturday dinners?

quote:

My husband and I have both sets of our parents living in the same city as us. We decided to have a weekly dinner with each set of parents so that we could see them regularly.

My parents get Saturday night. My sister, her husband and daughter also live in the same city and come to my parents house on Saturday as well so that we can all hang out

My MIL and FIL get Friday night. We spend our Friday evenings with them either at their house or ours

For a while now my MIL has been complaining about us giving my parents Saturday evenings. She thinks we’re favoring my parents by giving them Saturdays. Her reasoning for wanting Saturdays is that it is one of her days off and in turn she would have more time to prepare a meal for us. She wants to relax all day and then have us come over

Currently my parents live 35 mins away from us on a good traffic day. If we were to go on any weekday evening it would take us upwards of 50 mins to an hour to get there. My In Laws live 10 mins away from us, it’s much easier to go over on a weekday.

My mom does a fast for religious reasons every Friday and has for as long as I can remember. She only eats specific foods and has her meal about mid day therefore if we were to go over to my parents’ house on Friday she would have to just watch us eat

Also we can’t give my parents Sunday because we go to temple in the evenings.

We spend the same amount of time at each parent’s house. We don’t go to my parents house on Saturday and spend the whole day with them. We go there for dinner (about 2 hours) and do the exact same thing with my In Laws but on Friday and for the same amount of time

I gave it a try though, recently we have given my In Laws Saturday nights every few weeks. Never has dinner been made nor any sort of special meal my MIL claimed she needed the time for. I'm in the kitchen still helping her cook every meal once we get there. We spend the exact same amount of time there as we would if it were a Friday night. Everything is absolutely the same.

This past week she complained again and I refused to give her Saturday. My husband agrees with my reasonings but he feels bad for her and thinks we should just do it for her. He thinks that I shouldn’t be holding onto this too much and I should just deal with the driving and my mom not eating and go to my parents on Friday even though Saturdays also work for my sister and I get to see my whole family at once.

He thinks I’m being an rear end in a top hat for not considering her feelings and not going to their house this past Saturday. I think the way things are (Fridays for my In Laws and Saturdays for my parents) makes it possible for us to have dinner and spend time with everyone, which was the point of all this in the first place

imagine hanging out with your in-laws every. single. weekend.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

Foo Diddley posted:

Fuuuuuuck that. even when I lived less than an hour away from my mom, I would only see her every few months at best

AITA for not teaching my nephew how to play the piano?

quote:

I have a nephew Sean(21) and a niece Tara(14). I love playing the piano and when Sean was younger he asked me to teach him. I tried to do it but he was a very slow learner and I didn't have the patience so I told him to go ask his dad to sign him up for a piano class.

A while ago Tara asked me to teach her how to play the piano and in a very short time she managed to learn a lot, even faster and better than I expected so I have been teaching her and we both enjoy it very much. When Sean found out he sarcastically told her that I'm going to get tired of her and stop teaching her after a few weeks. I told him that actually we have been doing this for a few months now and she is doing very well so I will keep teaching her. He asked me why I didn't teach him and I was honest and told him he didn't have much talent in it and I didn't have much patience to deal with him. He thinks I'm an rear end in a top hat so I want to know if I am

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Why is it that weed guys always insist weed doesn't get you hosed up, and anyone who says otherwise is Principal Skinner?

Weed is cool, so are mushrooms and booze, but there's a time and a place to be intoxicated and weed guys can never admit this.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

this is not at all true. somebody smoking a joint (or two) is a lot closer to downing a bottle of wine (or two) whenever they "had a rough day" than it is to coffee. like, he's not hurting anybody if he wants to get stoned as hell as his way of dealing with the world, but she's pretty reasonable to worry about it. it's just that she should've thought of it before there was a child involved, not after. it's 2023, aint nobody getting the equivalent of a single beer off a joint

If you have little baby tolerance then maybe, but if he's smoking a j daily then no, it is not like downing a bottle of wine

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 9, 2023

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Kenshin posted:

If you have little baby tolerance then maybe, but if he's smoking a j daily then no, it is not like downing a bottle of wine

If you drink a bottle of wine daily, downing a bottle of wine has as much impact as the daily joint does on the daily smoker. Caffeine is the same. Someone that doesn't drink caffeine regularly gets hosed up on a cup of coffee. Someone that drinks it daily doesn't get nearly as hosed up on the same amount. But the previous poster's point was that they're all more or less equivalent, and I think anyone that has consumed large amounts of each can acknowledge that they are all potent and in all cases you can rapidly develop a high tolerance.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I need to add weed to my list of stories to not post. It's about as bad as tipping.

Parenting is always better.

AITA for telling my husband the nanny is in charge?

quote:

I want to preface this by saying that I am aware this is a very privileged issue but I’m trying to get some perspective on my opinion.

My husband and I have 3 kids that are 10 months, 3 years and 6 years old. My husband has a high profile job and it means he’s gone often. I work a regular 9-5. We originally used daycare for our oldest but my middle was born right when the pandemic began, so we hired a nanny. She originally worked when I did. But by the time baby came around, I was very overwhelmed doing bath and bedtime on my own, on top of developing postpartum depression. After a breakdown, we spoke with the nanny and she agreed to adjust her hours so she’s helping me with dinner, bath and bed.

We’ve gotten close over the past 6 months doing this. In many ways, she’s become like a third parent to the kids. She’s so good with them. We’ve created a routine that works well. I tend to the baby during bath and bed, she handles the older 2. It’s a nice rhythm and my mental health has gotten so much better.

My husband isn’t traveling all the time but most nights, he isn’t even home for dinner and bed. He will help me weekends he’s home. But because he’s gone so often, he’s reluctant to be firm with the kids.

There are times he’s come home when our nanny is there. He tries to help her with bath and bed, but allows the boys to rough house, lets them break the routine and it seriously throws them off and delays bedtime.

My nanny shared with me she feels awkward. Obviously she doesn’t want to undermine her employer but it just makes her job harder. But my husband also doesn’t want her to go home when he arrives as he says he can’t handle it alone.

I told him if that’s the case, then he needs to defer to the nanny and follow her lead. She knows our boys best and she has to deal with the aftermath when they don’t listen and give her a hard time.

My husband feels that she’s just an employee and he’s the dad. His salary does pay for her. However, I don’t feel this is fair to her.

I told him he either follows her lead for bed and bath or he doesn’t help at all. He told me I’m allowing the nanny to take over and replace him. AITA?

Reddit is thankfully pointing out that Dad wants to be Fun Dad and the nanny and mom are Mean Women Who Won't Let Boys Have Fun.

AITA for not letting my daughter miss out on stuff just because her step-sister doesn’t get to go?

quote:

**I meant to put half sister in the title, not step sister

My husband has a daughter from a previous relationship, “Maddie” (15F). Before I even met my husband, Maddie’s mother moved abroad. Maddie decided to go with her. My husband and I been married for 10 years and we have a 8 year old daughter “Abby”. Maddie visits us for the whole summer and 2 weeks in the winter. We go to her when Abby is on spring break.

We obviously save big family trips for when Maddie is with us. Same with any other “once in a lifetime” events. However, my husband is consistently reluctant to do pretty much anything without Maddie. I tried to be patient, but it feels like we can’t do anything throughout the year until she gets there.

An example, we live near a water park. We have season passes and take Maddie all throughout the summer. But my husband refuses to go until Maddie comes to stay with us. And he doesn’t want Abby to go as it’s unfair. I’ve tried discussing this with him but he won’t budge. Sometimes I win him over but then he complains the entire time that Maddie isn’t there.

Abby loves Taylor Swift, who was going to be in the area for a limited time and before Maddie would arrive. My mom somehow scored us tickets and Abby was so excited. My husband said it wasn’t fair because Maddie also loves Taylor Swift and she doesn’t get to go. I said I’d take both girls to another concert during the summer, as there’s going to be a few other artists that I know Maddie likes in the area. My husband said it still isn’t fair and tried to ban Abby from going. (Because I know it will be asked, it’s not possible for Maddie to fly out for the concert. She still has school and important exams that can’t be missed.)

I put my foot down and said that life isn’t always going to be fair. Maddie lives in another country. She is going to miss out on things. It’s not fair to ask Abby to give up fun opportunities because Maddie can’t come. I pointed out that Maddie gets to do fun things with her mom and Abby isn’t there (which I think is completely fair). My husband said that’s different, because his ex isn’t Abby’s mom, but he’s Maddie’s dad.

Eventually, he could see I wasn’t going to give up and said yes to the concert. My mom, Abby and I attended and we had a great time. It was Abby’s first concert and she loved it.

My husband says I bullied him into this and that if Maddie didn’t get to go, Abby shouldn’t. Maddie is disappointed she didn’t get to go but seems happy for her sister.

AITA?

AITA for not making my daughter apologise for "traumatising" her cousin?

quote:

We went to my parents place for lunch during the bank holiday weekend.

My sister's daughter "Ella" (9) has unfortunately been fighting a rare form of cancer for the past two years. She's lost her hair and wears a wig, and is never seen without it.

Since her cancer diagnosis Ella has unfortunately become quite nasty. I understand she's scared and probably very angry about how her life has turned out, but she absolutely terrorises her cousins, particularly my 7 year old, "Hayley". We should've put a stop to this a long time ago, but it's hard to tell off a sick child and not look like the bad guy.

The kids were playing outside when we heard someone crying. Ella had dared Hayley to lick a muddy puddle, and gotten the rest of the kids to demand she did it. They were all egging her on and Ella had my sister's phone and was filming it. When the adults came outside I took Hayley and made clear she didn't have to do anything, and that this "game" stopped immediately.

Ella still had the phone and was filming us, and said "maybe we'll make her do it later." Hayley was crying her eyes out. She let go of me, ran up to Ella, pulled her wig off and threw it into the puddle. Ella started screaming and ran to her parents. She was hyperventilating and screaming for her parents to stop everyone looking at her.

They took Ella into a room to calm her down, but my parents went mad at Hayley, saying taking Ella's wig off was a "disgusting thing to do". They said Hayley has "no idea what Ella has to face every day" (my dad has also survived cancer so this is quite personal to him).

Ella's parents came out and said their daughter doesn't want anyone to see her. They said Ella is "traumatised" by everyone seeing her without her hair. My sister called Hayley a "horrible child" and that "only an evil person" would think about taking a little girl with cancer's wig.

I defended Hayley and said that Ella and the others were clearly bullying and tormenting her, but my sister said it's not her or her daughter's problem if Hayley can't handle "girly teasing".

My parents and my sister/BIL "agreed" that they want a written apology from Hayley to Ella, one which "shows that she understands what a cruel thing she did". I said that was not going to happen.

We left with Hayley but I'm still seething. I'm truly sorry that Ella is having to go through cancer. But she was tormenting my daughter, ganging up on her and filming the whole thing. Hayley obviously shouldn't have taken the wig, but she was very upset and being bullied.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 9, 2023

Coffee Sludge
Dec 14, 2003

Dag nabbit
Grimey Drawer

i am a moron posted:

Never mind if you’re taking it medicinally too - better than pain killers and ambien or whatever the sleeping pill de jure for PTSD is

I was prescribed Trazadone once. It didn't help me sleep. It was more like getting hit over the head with a hammer until I was unconscious. Stopped taking it after I fell and hit my head hard on the bathtub when I had to piss in the middle of the night. Weed is definitely so much better for that since you can still get up and do things if need be unlike most any other strong sleeping aid.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for trying to convince my friend to have kids so we can be together?

quote:

My friend Amy (F28) and I (M36) have been friends for years and I am 100% sure that we love each other romantically. We flirt constantly and she is always seeking my attention. She would randomly poke me on Discord to ask me what I'm up to and ask for attention.

We love all the same things. We have a few habits that are incompatible but I am sure we can make it work. The only thing that is stopping us from being involved is that I want kids and she doesn't. She goes as far as to say she can't stand kids. Which breaks my heart. Amy is such a kindhearted and wise person. She would make a wonderful mother.

I've spent the last few months trying to change her mind on kids. Encouraging her to be more confident in herself. Whenever I can, I give her compliments about her interactions with children. Alot of kids like her. They cling to her and ask her to play with them. And she plays with them. She's great with kids but she has it in her head that she's no good for them.

I was telling her about how she'll never know unless she tries and Amy yelled at me. She cursed me out and called me an rear end in a top hat for trying to push her into having kids just so I can date her.

i am 100% sure that we love each other romantically

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Ah yes, the best parents are always the ones who don't want kids. That's a known fact.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
little relationship protip for all you single guys out there: the best way to get a girl to date you is to spend a few months beforehand convincing her that you'll sabotage her birth control the first chance you get

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Foo Diddley posted:

little relationship protip for all you single guys out there: the best way to get a girl to date you is to spend a few months beforehand convincing her that you'll sabotage her birth control the first chance you get

yeah you really need to creep her out before you even have sex the first time.

I mean he missed the step where he outright tells her he would gently caress with her bc and he is totally allergic to condoms, but we all start somewhere.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Shouldn't you actually, like, be dating before you talk about that stuff

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Foo Diddley posted:

I had dinner with my in-laws nearly every Sunday afternoon for ten years, until we moved. It was a delight. My MIL was a superb cook, both French and Southern, both my MIL and FIL were educated, thoughtful, people, and we got to talk to people who weren't right-wing Christians one day a week. However, my husband and I don't entertain or go to parties, so it's not as if we were sacrificing our social life. And our kids got ten years of uninterrupted grandparent time. By contrast, we saw my parents, whom my husband also loved, once a year at the beach, because they were too far to drive.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Tarezax posted:

Dude, she poked him on discord. How much closer can you get?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Cowslips Warren posted:

I need to add weed to my list of stories to not post. It's about as bad as tipping.

Parenting is always better.

AITA for telling my husband the nanny is in charge?

Reddit is thankfully pointing out that Dad wants to be Fun Dad and the nanny and mom are Mean Women Who Won't Let Boys Have Fun.

I remember a study coming out once there were enough families willing to be studied for it that concluded the Fun Parent/Rules Parent dynamic persists across family situations and is mostly determined by who’s at home more. If one parent works a 9-5 and the other stays at home they’re likely to be Fun Parent and Rules Parent respectively even if it’s two dads or two moms. Seems like this three-parent family has evolved something similar.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Pomme de Terror posted:

Fuuuuuuck that. even when I lived less than an hour away from my mom, I would only see her every few months at best

I see my parents and/or sister at least once a week but I actually like them and they're fun to hang out with. If my kid is cool enough an adult then I'll want to hang out with her then too. How much weed should I give a 2 1/2 year old to guarantee that she grows up cool? Like two bottles of wine worth?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Tarezax posted:

They’ve been working towards a relationship.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

How do I (33F) make it clear that my best friend's (34F) mentally ill wife (48F) is not invited to my wedding?

quote:

I am getting married in December and my partner and I are looking to have a mid-sized party, probably about 75 people, comprised of our social, familial, and professional circles. I am 33F, partner is 34M, and my friend, Anna is 34F. Her wife, Bernice, is 48F. We are in Canada.

Anna is my best friend from uni. Anna is divorced with two kids, and has been married to Bernice for five years. Bernice loves Anna, and that's about it. Bernice is happily and consistently unemployed. Bernice has never attended or hosted a social event in anything other than a crop top and knee-length pencil skirt (neither fit). Bernice has two points of conversation: alien abductions and the 2008 blockbuster video game, Lego Indiana Jones. Attempts to gently lead conversation beyond those points proves futile, unless Bernice thinks the person in question may want to have sex, in which case, she suddenly develops the cognizance to switch topics and ask them so directly. I don't think anyone has ever taken Bernice up on her offers to have sex with them at random, largely due to the above, but also likely due to the fact that she rarely, if ever, showers or grooms. I have seen this happen at birthday parties, game nights, bar crawls, grocery stores, and school events. Nobody in Bernice's social circle has ever excluded her from participating in anything.

It's probably pretty obvious that Bernice is neurodivergent, but to nobody's surprise, she leverages neurodivergence as a means of asserting how special she is, instead of using it as a pathway to improve her relationships and sense of self. She is perfectly content to exist exactly as she has in the past and will likely do so until she dies. Lately she has explored whether she has dissociative identity disorder. It's a dead-end road.

Anna is happy, per her own admission, and I trust that. I don't have any reason to doubt that she is making the right decisions for her relationship and family. She has told me many times that she loves Bernice and that she intends to stay in the relationship. I appreciate that she is direct with me. But I can't earnestly be around Bernice for more than five minutes, and that sincerely impedes the amount of time I can spend with Anna, as Bernice attaches herself to Anna so intensely that it's like having a third child around when we get together. To Anna's credit, she is aware that I do not like to spend time around Bernice, but is sad that we can't all socialize together well. She has never made me feel badly for this.

I love Anna's two children. I would like them at my wedding, and I would love Anna at my wedding, too. It wouldn't be the same without her. But imagining Bernice approaching a colleague, or a friend makes my stomach churn. I am struggling hard with a tactful way to say, "Your wife will suck the life and energy out of my party by monopolizing the attention of either you or my guests, and potentially making them feel sexually harassed" while still inviting Anna and her two kids to the event. I am considering coming at it from a boundary-related standpoint and tell Anna that I can't have Bernice at the event, given how she makes people feel uncomfortable. I don't know if it presents a mean double-standard to let other guests have a plus-one and not Anna, but I can't have Bernice at my wedding.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not letting my daughter miss out on stuff just because her step-sister doesn’t get to go?

So I was pretty much on board with OP here, except for one thing that I've noticed about these Reddit posts.

I know calling "faaaake" or calling them creative writing exercises is frowned upon, but regarding that edit: how do you accidentally type "step" instead of "half" sister in the title? That's not an autocorrect or a typo, I'm clumsy AF phone typing and that would not be my Moto's first suggestion.

That poo poo leaps out at me on a lot of the posts. I'm left wondering if mom here views the other daughter as a step-sibling, not half-sibling... Or if it's total fiction they didn't proof read before posting. Kinda puts a different wrinkle on the story.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 9, 2023

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Hughlander posted:

How do I (33F) make it clear that my best friend's (34F) mentally ill wife (48F) is not invited to my wedding?

:wtf: at that spoiler. You could have handed me a list of games that came out in 2008 and I still would not have guessed that.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

MagusofStars posted:

:wtf: at that spoiler. You could have handed me a list of games that came out in 2008 and I still would not have guessed that.

Does Lego Indiana Jones cover The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? If so, I think I know why! :tinfoil:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

to be fair it's a rad game

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

JacquelineDempsey posted:

So I was pretty much on board with OP here, except for one thing that I've noticed about these Reddit posts.

I know calling "faaaake" or calling them creative writing exercises is frowned upon, but regarding that edit: how do you accidentally type "step" instead of "half" sister in the title? That's not an autocorrect or a typo, I'm clumsy AF phone typing and that would not be my Moto's first suggestion.

That poo poo leaps out at me on a lot of the posts. I'm left wondering if mom here views the other daughter as a step-sibling, not half-sibling... Or if it's total fiction they didn't proof read before posting. Kinda puts a different wrinkle on the story.

I could maybe see it if she first planned to say "my stepdaughter" and then changed her mind to "my daughter's half-sister" and got stuck partway.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for lashing out on my Army mom?

quote:

I (16F) am currently super annoyed with my mom (49F). When I say Army, I don’t mean military, I mean BTS Kpop stan.

I don’t even know when it started and frankly don’t want to recall. She all of a sudden started liking BTS and was so happy to tell me about it since I used to like BTS (in 4th grade for like 2 months). But things got worse. Like real bad.

She has an “office” room/bedroom in our house that is maxxed out in BTS merch. She has 22 pillows (yes, I counted) of various Korean boys like the actor Lee Minho and of course her favorite BTS member V. I get if it was just something she was so passionate about, but it’s gotten out of hand and I’ve slowly been getting more and more annoyed about it. Like it’s chipping away at me. Her personality has now been centered around BTS. Blankets, accessories, and various other items are scattered all over our house. She’s always ALWAYS listening to them super loudly and whenever I have a bad day at school and just want her to play the music a little quieter, she makes a HUGE scene. She has gone out of her way to text my friends without my knowledge just because she thought they mentioned they liked BTS to see if she could borrow something BTS from them.

She guilt tripped my dad into buying her a four-thousand-dollar ticket to their concert and still complained that she didn’t get sound check.

This also has been going on for almost 3 years now. 3 years and I can’t go like 4 hours without hearing her say something about BTS. She even goes out of her way to send me articles and stuff when she knows how much it infuriates me. Important to note that I haven’t always been this angry about it, but her only talking and caring about BTS for around 3 years now the “oh haha my mom is a kpop stan” has turned into pure annoyance.

Even in my most critical moments when I asked her to just stop talking about it in front of me she got mad. It’s been really hard recently in my life with school and my parents getting divorced (BTS also played a small factor in that but a factor nonetheless) so I did blow up on her today after I was having an awful day at school and she sent me an article. I also had to put up with her basically forcing my friend to talk about them yesterday in the car.

AITA? I know we all have something’s to be passionate about and I shouldn’t lash out because she sent me an article, but i’m so tired ;-;

TL;DR my mom is a BTS fanatic and insists on talking to me about it even when i’ve asked her to just keep it down a bit

The whiplash in the second sentence

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My boyfriend (29M ) keeps certain aspects of his life completely seperate including me (F30)

quote:

Hey everyone, I'm just looking for some advice. I've been with my boyfriend for almost a year. I really like him and he's generally quite a good guy. However, he likes to keep a very clear separation between different parts of his life. For example, I've never met his friends (although I've asked him to - he said they don't really do that kinda thing) There's no trace of me on his social media (albeit he doesn't use it for much but woyld post the odd thing if we go on holidays etc again no mention of me). We work in the same place too, I helped him to get the job and he hasn't ever mentioned to anyone that we're together. Anyone that knows, knows only because I told them. For context, I have met his family and he's met mine too. Has anyone ever experienced this before?

Top comment posted:

I dunno, what does his wife think?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Foo Diddley posted:

I do, but my MIL is an awesome person, she's also my official mom because I'm no-contact with my own. We've been doing Sunday night wine and dinner at her place for 3 years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Hughlander posted:

Normally i would make a joke about how Bernice is able to stay together with Anna, like she's rich or amazing in bed. But clearly Anna is only in it for Bernice's copy of Lego Indiana Jones