Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1655452794818789382

Roll Call is just a 'here's some rewards for logging in every day' event. Dante's Notes will update every day during the event with a new entry as a tie-in. Bugfixes. 300 EK, you know the drill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
PM I'm going to go into Season 2 with everything sans one 000 Regular Identity and I have like 100+ pulls ready to go for when it hits and that doesn't even account for the 20 days of stuff I've yet to collect.

I haven't even given you any money other than for the Battle Pass.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Overly apologizing and responding to issues inmediately, PM is like me fr fr

...I do hope they don't end up like Dragalia Lost did, but at least they prob have more realistic expectations and mostly want money for funding.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, after The Great Between Seasons Threadening I don't think I'm going to need Thread for uh, a while. Unless they add a new tier of upgrade or something. I'm going to get like at least 1k thread easily. I don't think PM thought their currencies through very well.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Well they've got my 11bux a season forever and probably 10bux a month aside that just to make sure they get money from me...

I don't even need anything I just use the game as a patreon. :v:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Overly apologizing and responding to issues inmediately, PM is like me fr fr

...I do hope they don't end up like Dragalia Lost did, but at least they prob have more realistic expectations and mostly want money for funding.

They're probably fine, since they seemed to have self published so unless they owe some VC firm a ton of money they can't repay as long as the game can break even it'll probably stay up.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Man, they keep sending notices. Seems like there is a portion of the fanbase that is just utterly malding over this.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Theantero posted:

Seems like there is a portion of the fanbase that is just utterly malding over this.

You show me a fandom... :rolleyes:

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Archonex posted:

Edit: As a "plus" side, if my theory is right that also means we're likely to get a Tomerry Don Quixote ID at some point. :unsmigghh:

Please, we don't talk about Love Town here.

TeeQueue posted:

You show me a fandom... :rolleyes:

Evrything is a fandom if you look close enough.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

At this point I have everything I think is useful out of the dispenser (remaining: w Mersault, Liu Mersault, BL Sinclair; Faust Telepole, Hex Nail, the Outis one, Lantern) and will still have easily 200 boxes at the end of the season. I’m not sure if I should get some of the meh ones Just Because or cash in the thread/s2 shards, I might take MFE just because it’s a cool abnormality.

Not that I need thread badly either, I have hundreds with all the really important IDs uptied.

Gacha…too generous? What is this.

e: found an excellent bug/UI fuckup - checked an EGO off of the level up screen in MD and it’s missing a back button, so I’m stuck inspecting it and need to force close

e2: the back button is there, just way up in the corner and invisible :lobcorp:

Ayndin fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 8, 2023

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Ayndin posted:

At this point I have everything I think is useful out of the dispenser (remaining: w Mersault, Liu Mersault, BL Sinclair; Faust Telepole, Hex Nail, the Outis one, Lantern) and will still have easily 200 boxes at the end of the season. I’m not sure if I should get some of the meh ones Just Because or cash in the thread/s2 shards, I might take MFE just because it’s a cool abnormality.

Hex Nail and Ya Sunyata are pretty great, being fragility sources for the biggest damage IDs right now, but the others are definitely mid.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

My general thoughts on EGO are that they're probably more worth getting than mediocre identities:
  • You have 5 slots that can be filled, so it's probably worthwhile to fill those up even with niche EGOs. Might come in handy, in some small way.
  • They're probably less likely to get powercrept. A ton of EGOs right now are useful because they support powerful identities (thinking about stuff like Don Telepole and Bodysack), so there's always a chance a mediocre EGO becomes great with the right identity, and for future EGOs I would not be surprised if the really powerful stuff gets relegated to WAW and ALEPH.
  • Given how the gacha actually works, the more EGOs you have the more likely you are to get the ones you want in the future. Alternatively you can increase your OOO pull rate once you have all of them, but I don't know how easy it'll be to maintain that.
So yeah basically I think if you have leftover shards start getting some EGOs.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Arzaac posted:

• Given how the gacha actually works, the more EGOs you have the more likely you are to get the ones you want in the future. Alternatively you can increase your OOO pull rate once you have all of them, but I don't know how easy it'll be to maintain that.

My initial strategy for shards was to get EGO for this reason. I shifted to prioritizing seasonal IDs once it was theorized that they wouldn't always be available.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

So, something occurred to me. (apologies for the double post)

I've made posts before about how Ryoshu always has her katana in all of her IDs, and Gregor's arm is somehow screwed up in all his IDs.

In Don's new N Corp ID, one of the NPCs talking about her mentions that she apparently has running shoes on under her boots, which is why she doesn't take them off even during breaks.

I thought for a second, and then went to check her other IDs sprites.

In base LCB, Shi and WARP, she is wearing those same brownish-orange Rocinante shoes.

I'm starting to wonder if all of the IDs have some sort of item or quality that connects them and is a constant in every universe/dimension.

Gregor also has that lil cockroach buddy

Spent my 30 extractions trying to get the funny tingtang man, just got Hex Nail instead :rolldice: oh well at least that's still good

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 8, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They're probably fine, since they seemed to have self published so unless they owe some VC firm a ton of money they can't repay as long as the game can break even it'll probably stay up.

yeah for clarity's sake girls frontline is also a self published gacha game and has been making like, 15-20k a month for years, and it has a ton of figures, an anime, sequels, and has been going on for like a decade.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also its mostly just a korean gacha game thing, the korean fanbases for these kinds of games are extremely hardcore and will turn on a game and salt the earth about it basically. like the korean version of uma musume was screwing the players over compared to the japanese version and the korean fanbase literally had trucks going around cities blasting condemnation of the devs over a loudspeaker.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Also remember the LoR ending fiasco, I'm pretty sure they got death threats.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Solitair posted:

My initial strategy for shards was to get EGO for this reason. I shifted to prioritizing seasonal IDs once it was theorized that they wouldn't always be available.

I recall buried in the seasonal explanation or a tutorial somewhere that seasonal IDs will keep being availiable, but not the previous season's

So you won't be able to get any S1 IDs you missed in S2, but can get them again in S3. Probably way cheaper once they've been eclipsed by the meta-defining Smiling Faces Rodion or whatever

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013

Ayndin posted:

e: found an excellent bug/UI fuckup - checked an EGO off of the level up screen in MD and it’s missing a back button, so I’m stuck inspecting it and need to force close

e2: the back button is there, just way up in the corner and invisible :lobcorp:

Yeah I hit this one the other day too, looks like it's on the fix list for this week's patch

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

TeeQueue posted:

Well they've got my 11bux a season forever and probably 10bux a month aside that just to make sure they get money from me...

I don't even need anything I just use the game as a patreon. :v:

Yeah, if they're gonna be this generous with the gacha, I'm willing to just pay for the battlepass indefinitely.

I've had bad luck with rolls but I still have enough shard boxes to shard a lot of what I'm missing, especially if the login event gives us more stuff.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The what now?

Endorph posted:

also its mostly just a korean gacha game thing, the korean fanbases for these kinds of games are extremely hardcore and will turn on a game and salt the earth about it basically. like the korean version of uma musume was screwing the players over compared to the japanese version and the korean fanbase literally had trucks going around cities blasting condemnation of the devs over a loudspeaker.

And we know about K-pop stans. Maybe Korean fanbases just go hard in general.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

What happened?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

If I remember correctly, they originally released the ending of Library of Ruina without the Keter Realization, you went Reverberation Ensemble 1 & 2 directly into Baral and Zena, credits had theme02 playing with pics of the Librarians being all happy and a teaser with Iori proposing a new Association that dealt with Distorsions and E.G.O. Part of the fandom went rabid at that claiming it was because no Realization, ending was sudden and too happy, retcons about why they targeted the Outskirts lab and the Iori teaser was an ad for a new game instead of an ending. They absolutely got death threats I heard.

Eventually they released the Keter Realization, reworded Zena's dialogue explaining why they attacked the lab (Angela's future creation counting as multiple Wing conspiracy), removed the teaser and changed the credits theme away from theme02 which would be the worst crime if it weren't for, you know, the death threats.

If I was wrong on something please correct me, I don't want to spread misinformation.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

What constitutes Seasonal IDs, anyway? The one ID and one EGO tied to Hell's Chicken that you can spark?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

KazigluBey posted:

What constitutes Seasonal IDs, anyway? The one ID and one EGO tied to Hell's Chicken that you can spark?

Anything fought or seen in the main story of the first three chapters, at minimum. G Corp Greg and Outis, LobCorp Faust, Tingtang Hong Lu, Mariachi Sinclair, the N Corp IDs, and I think that's it?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Junpei posted:

Anything fought or seen in the main story of the first three chapters, at minimum. G Corp Greg and Outis, LobCorp Faust, Tingtang Hong Lu, Mariachi Sinclair, the N Corp IDs, and I think that's it?

Also LCCB Ishmael and Rodion. Because it turns out they're meant to be Effie and Saude like how LobCorp Faust is a Yuri expy.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

KazigluBey posted:

They'll say what season they're attached to next to the ID name. Basically, if they're based on someone you meet in a given season's chapters, they're tied to that season. Lobco Faust is based on Yuri, all the N Corp IDs are tied to Chapter 3, etc. And frankly, judging by the infographics they've put out, it's less relevant than you'd think.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1644254378415751168

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Yinlock posted:

I recall buried in the seasonal explanation or a tutorial somewhere that seasonal IDs will keep being availiable, but not the previous season's

So you won't be able to get any S1 IDs you missed in S2, but can get them again in S3. Probably way cheaper once they've been eclipsed by the meta-defining Smiling Faces Rodion or whatever

Yeah, I saw the notice about how that works. Right now I'm trying to save up for Gripclair, but I think if I don't get him he'll just be unavailable for shard purchase during S2.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

If I remember correctly, they originally released the ending of Library of Ruina without the Keter Realization, you went Reverberation Ensemble 1 & 2 directly into Baral and Zena, credits had theme02 playing with pics of the Librarians being all happy and a teaser with Iori proposing a new Association that dealt with Distorsions and E.G.O. Part of the fandom went rabid at that claiming it was because no Realization, ending was sudden and too happy, retcons about why they targeted the Outskirts lab and the Iori teaser was an ad for a new game instead of an ending. They absolutely got death threats I heard.

Eventually they released the Keter Realization, reworded Zena's dialogue explaining why they attacked the lab (Angela's future creation counting as multiple Wing conspiracy), removed the teaser and changed the credits theme away from theme02 which would be the worst crime if it weren't for, you know, the death threats.

If I was wrong on something please correct me, I don't want to spread misinformation.

they did get a ton of heat for that but I think explicit death threats was grapevine stuff

e: course i could be wrong, gamers are psychos

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 8, 2023

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

People were pissed about that, but I think the death threat stuff was earlier during early access, when PM wholly removed Key Page and floor levels from the game and overhauled that whole thing. This made the people who had been OmegaGrinding those levels super mad.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Theantero posted:

People were pissed about that, but I think the death threat stuff was earlier during early access, when PM wholly removed Key Page and floor levels from the game and overhauled that whole thing. This made the people who had been OmegaGrinding those levels super mad.

You could grind Key Page/Floor Level?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Junpei posted:

So, something occurred to me. (apologies for the double post)

I've made posts before about how Ryoshu always has her katana in all of her IDs, and Gregor's arm is somehow screwed up in all his IDs.

In Don's new N Corp ID, one of the NPCs talking about her mentions that she apparently has running shoes on under her boots, which is why she doesn't take them off even during breaks.

I thought for a second, and then went to check her other IDs sprites.

In base LCB, Shi and WARP, she is wearing those same brownish-orange Rocinante shoes.

I'm starting to wonder if all of the IDs have some sort of item or quality that connects them and is a constant in every universe/dimension.

Hong Lu's eye.

Heathcliff's scars.

Ishmael's hairband.

Rodion's tattoo.

Outis' watch.

Most of these are their symbols so it makes sense.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 9, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
loving credit to either Cosmonova or Koi because not only is this perfect for their situation it's perfect for just the City in general:

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

LostRook posted:

Hong Lu's eye.

Heathcliff's scars.

Ishmael's hairband.

Rodion's tattoo.

Outis' watch.

Most of these are their symbols so it makes sense.

Don't forget Gregor glasses and Don shoes.

Junpei posted:

loving credit to either Cosmonova or Koi because not only is this perfect for their situation it's perfect for just the City in general:

It's also more conviennent economically to keep people being sick.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Don't forget Gregor glasses and Don shoes.

G-Gregor isn't wearing those glasses, though at the same time R.B. Gregor's arm isn't necessarily buggy.

I suppose Yi Sang's thing could be the circles under his eyes.

Sinclair's consistency is likely amusingly inconsistent: his sign. It is incorporated into his icon's design and nothing else really fits.

Also, did Don mention at some point that her shoes were made of her friends? I vaguely recall that being a thing and them being name Rociante would seem to support that.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 05:54 on May 9, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

LostRook posted:

Also, did Don mention at some point that her shoes were made of her friends? I vaguely recall that being a thing and them being name Rociante would seem to support that.

No? This was never even remotely a thing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

she said her shoes *were* her companions, but i assume she was speaking metaphorically.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The boots are named Rociante after book Don Quixote's horse, her artwork has a merry-go-round with impaled meaty horses and her starting ego has a bloody merry-go-round in the window. I fully expect it to be literal.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

How many of these have we hit so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

How many of these have we hit so far?
We're missing animal cruelty and clowns.