Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Xbox says they will tell us the starfield framerate earlier before launch than the redfall announcement.

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

For every negative post about Bethesda's game performance Todd will take away 1 frame per second from Starfield.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I love multiplayer games in theory but in practice I don't have the time/will to get good enough at them for it to be fun.

I just like playing ones where I can play with others but against AI bots.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

I said come in! posted:

I just like playing ones where I can play with others but against AI bots.

Yeah I still play multiplayer, I am tragically hooked on mil FPSes like battlefield and CoD but I now hit a point where I am like "fuuuuuuuuuuuuck this!" and just quit out for the day if I'm having a lovely round. I would way rather just play bots that would have a decent, fair, skill level.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

It will probably be smooth indoors but the moment you go out onto generic empty planet #28563 the frames will suddenly tank.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

ZeeBoi posted:

It will probably be smooth indoors but the moment you go out onto generic empty planet #28563 the frames will suddenly tank.

solution: each planet has a diameter smaller than an average city block

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ZeeBoi posted:

It will do this and also sell 900 million copies

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I feel like restricting Starfield to Xbox and PC will hamper its ambitions to pull a Skyrim. :v:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I also cannot wait to see the Series S version. :allears:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

ZeeBoi posted:

I feel like restricting Starfield to Xbox and PC will hamper its ambitions to pull a Skyrim. :v:

In two years they are going to do a "special edition" that includes ps5, guaranteed

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
I’d be cool with Starfield having a locked 40 fps in 120Hz mode, but for some reason MS doesn’t seem interested in ever doing that

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

In two years they are going to do a "special edition" that includes ps5, guaranteed

I highly doubt it

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
We all know for a fact that Starfield will suck due to all of the other Bethesda games that suck.

And we can authoritively say they sucked because we have a minimum of 500 hours in each of them.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I know Skyrim gets a lot of hate on but I have probably about 300 hours into it, and it's the only sword and sorcery type RPG I've ever put anywhere near that much time into. Over a few playthroughs I found totally different stuff and it's just wild how much there was to do in that game. If Starfield can get even 50% of that it'll be something I'll be playing a LOT, because I'm way more of a sci fi nerd than a fantasy nerd.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

priznat posted:

I know Skyrim gets a lot of hate on but I have probably about 300 hours into it, and it's the only sword and sorcery type RPG I've ever put anywhere near that much time into. Over a few playthroughs I found totally different stuff and it's just wild how much there was to do in that game. If Starfield can get even 50% of that it'll be something I'll be playing a LOT, because I'm way more of a sci fi nerd than a fantasy nerd.

It does get hate but that does need to come with a caveat that it's modern hate because it's so old and has been beat to death over and over. When it was new and fresh is was absolutely amazing. I know someone who put thousands and thousands of hours into Skyrim without ever doing the main quest just because he liked making new characters and then existing in the world as them.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

priznat posted:

Skyrim didn’t suck at all? It was a top 5 RPG ever for me (I first played it in 2015 with a ton of fan made mods and fixes and all the patches)

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

yeah i loving loved skyrim at launch, i easily put 500 hours into it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ZeeBoi posted:

I also cannot wait to see the Series S version. :allears:

:allears:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Todd: I am altering your framerates. Pray I do not alter them any further.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Skyrim didn’t suck at all? It was a top 5 RPG ever for me (I first played it in 2015 with a ton of fan made mods and fixes and all the patches)

I know it's just I always see a big pile on people complaining about skyrim whenever it's mentioned. I never understood that, really!

I just loved being able to build cool houses and fill them with orphans. wait that sounds weird

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

it’s also worth noting how good the skyrim soundtrack was

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

TheScott2K posted:

If it was gonna be 60 they'd just say that, it's very obviously going to be 30.

If they pace it well like Forza Horizon that's just fine, but Todd Howard's Bethesda probably won't do that.

how would you pace a bethesda game whose entire point is going and doing stuff at your own pace be paced like a racing game?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

priznat posted:

I know it's just I always see a big pile on people complaining about skyrim whenever it's mentioned. I never understood that, really!

I just loved being able to build cool houses and fill them with orphans. wait that sounds weird

Its people who want everything to be dark souls OP.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Tankbuster posted:

I dunno, there's a bunch of people who have negatively rated the game on Steam who have hundreds of hours played after their review. A lot of gamers are just crazy people.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Space Jam posted:

it’s also worth noting how good the skyrim soundtrack was

That trailer with the male choir doing the Dovahkiin song was so hype

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Tankbuster posted:

Or they played Morrowind

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Tankbuster posted:

how would you pace a bethesda game whose entire point is going and doing stuff at your own pace be paced like a racing game?

Talking about framepacing. Even, consistent intervals between frames, which makes lower framerates look much better than they otherwise would.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Professor Beetus posted:

Or they played Morrowind

This is correct, the people hating on Skyrim are those who would rather play a 20 year old Bethesda RPG instead of a 10 year old one

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Professor Beetus posted:

Or they played Morrowind

nah, most complaints boil down to
>I don't have a romance system ala mass effect/witcher 3
or
>combat isn't as realistic as Dark Souls.

The people who have been playing morrowind have moved on to Tamriel Rebuilt or are waiting for skywind/beyond skyrim to come out.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I enjoyed Skyrim combat a lot although my one beef was that destruction magic seemed really underpowered especially compared to the devastation you could do with a bow and arrow. Thankfully mods fixed that!

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
yeah bethesda had some really questionable design choices like magical damage not scaling with skill.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
the beatings will continue until morale improves

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

love all the elder scrolls games.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Tankbuster posted:

>combat isn't as realistic as Dark Souls.

Who is expecting realistic combat in a game where you can knock people off buildings by yelling at them

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

webmeister posted:

Who is expecting realistic combat in a game where you can knock people off buildings by yelling at them

I mean, this is a dark souls pvp meta as well...

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
"Elder Scrolls games suck!" I scream as I install it for the 29th time for another play through.

Also tbh if the Series X is Starfield on High detail settings and the S is on Medium then that's fine, and what I expect. What kind of whiny baby would give a poo poo?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am pretty tired of fantasy RPGs to be honest. I've been playing Cyberpunk and that will hold me over until Starfield, and i'll be back again once the expansion comes out.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
have you played technomancer

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

syntaxfunction posted:

What kind of whiny baby would give a poo poo?

I have bad news for you about a cohort with whom you share a hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

SpiderLink posted:

I have bad news for you about a website with whom you share a hobby.