Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I wonder who conned Alphatauri into signing De Vries? "You had a young Dutch guy before, remember how that worked out??"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I just love how rear end de vries is after all the poo poo he talked about Yuki. The schedenfreude after all that hubris is top tier.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
nick de vries stinks real bad and he looks like a weird li’l ghoulie

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

He was alright in Monza I think

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 8, 2023

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

By my super scientific Excel spreadsheet, DEV and SAR are both averaging 16th place and PIA is averaging 14th.

Depends how you count DNFs in the average though.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I don't believe there is a shortage of billionaire failsons so as to warrant de vreis taking up one of their slots

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Nikita Mazepin is available

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
the only good part of the Miami GP was Alonso being able to watch Stroll make a pass on one of the big screens and take the time to comment on it while racing for a podium

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

the milk machine posted:

nick de vries stinks real bad and he looks like a weird li’l ghoulie

To be fair, the Dutch look weird.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Does anybody have any stats about how many crashes there have been in the current ground-effect era? For whatever reason since the new rules took effect it seems like there have been way fewer crashes than during the previous rules era. I wonder if the current crop of cars are more predictable to drive or something.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

ethanol posted:

Nikita Mazepin is available

Just as soon as his lawsuit succeeds I’m sure his phone will be ringing off the hook!

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Sad news for Alonso

https://www.vulture.com/2023/05/taylor-swift-dating-matty-healy-rumors.html

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

the only good part of the Miami GP was Alonso being able to watch Stroll make a pass on one of the big screens and take the time to comment on it while racing for a podium

it would have been funnier if he commented on Checo leading the race for a couple laps

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
If when Alonso wins a race this year, that will set a record for the longest interval between consecutive wins that would last forever.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Lucasar posted:

If when Alonso wins a race this year, that will set a record for the longest interval between consecutive wins that would last forever.
I admire your optimism.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
alonso is going to win a race this year

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sashimi posted:

I admire your optimism.

ban this heretic

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Rhopunzel posted:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Lucasar posted:

What's the difference between this and longest interval between wins? Wouldn't the longest interval between consecutive wins have to be 0 races?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Rhopunzel posted:

Also:

Zedd posted:

Checo WDC of my heart 2023

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ilmucche posted:

What's the difference between this and longest interval between wins? Wouldn't the longest interval between consecutive wins have to be 0 races?

I think he meant subsequent and not consecutive

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

They’re consecutive within that drivers list of career wins, it’s just phrased weirdly

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Max's lead over Checo is twice LeClerc's lead over Lance.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

last year leclerc was still 20 or so points ahead at this point

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

tony quidtana posted:

I think he meant subsequent and not consecutive

Yes my bad. I was thinking about it in terms of a list of the dates of his wins, so the longest gap between consecutive wins on his record, not wins in consecutive races. So as to distinguish between the longest gap between first and last win on somebdoy's record, for example, which probably also will go to Alonso ifwhen he gets another.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Rhopunzel posted:

alonso is going to win

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ArmZ posted:

:ferrari::hf::alonso:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Remember still having hope this time last year and just lol at the numbers now

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

remember when new cars was supposed to make the racing closer

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

ethanol posted:

remember when new cars was supposed to make the racing closer

Engineers always figure out how to make the Aero better for the car at the expense of all the other cars. The FIA would have to come up with some wind tunnel dirty air metric in order to stop it.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

daslog posted:

Engineers always figure out how to make the Aero better for the car at the expense of all the other cars. The FIA would have to come up with some wind tunnel dirty air metric in order to stop it.

dang I didnt know the aero worked from 30 seconds back from 2nd to 3rd place

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

ArmZ posted:

Those were the days.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Why don't the other teams just install DRS warp drives too?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

This is my personal opinion but I think this DRS thing is bad.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

You should get DRS activations based on your spot in the constructors series with only like 1 for the leaders and like a dozen for Williams.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Well I'm just a simple fella myself, but I still believe F1 is the finest sport in the land. Now, some folks might think that F1 is all about fancy gadgets and DRS gimmicks, but I'm here to tell you that ain't so. No sirree, F1 is a fair and square competition, where every team has the same rights and opportunities when it comes to car design. They can do things like add sidepods to their vehicles, which are mighty useful for cooling and aerodynamics, instead of chasing wildly stupid concepts like no sidepods or a spine crusher. Those things belong in the circus, not on the racetrack. Car desisn is a gentleman's sport, where skill and strategy matter more than flashy tricks.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
So - at the risk of being earnest - did Checo go off track or something in the middle of the race - he was maintaining a 5 second gap to Max and then it was suddenly 1.5 seconds out of nowhere. He probably still would've been caught, but something happened there!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

checo was thinking about being murdered by christian

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Khablam posted:

wow I can see why theo's ex took him back for a 4th time

Lmao

Rhopunzel posted:

Alonsowns, I can’t wait for him to Get In There

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Looking forward to hosting this years F1 best thread dinner party.