Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

Chicago was bad for like 2 years after winning 3 cups while committing crimes against humanity and they get a loving generational player gifted to em. We deserved to watch them suffer for a decade at least

Gods not real, there is no justice, karma is fake

Pens level dark age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

I can't seem to order a Bedard jersey from the Blackhawks team store, is there a problem with the site or something??

Posts that precede unfortunate events. :negative:

Finally get rid of Toews and Kane, but now the central is going to get to put up with 15 years of Bedard. Let it be known that this was the day I cheered for Columbus for 15 minutes.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

"Connor, Connor, this has been an amazing journey to your first Cup. With all that's happened to this franchise 5 years ago, put into words what this means to you and the Blackhawks franchise."

"It's incredible. I'm so proud to be a Blackhawk. I can't speak on what happened then, but I know this organization is first class from Rocky on down, and I'm so proud to be a part of this team."

gently caress you so much

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

Pens level dark age

poo poo even ours was longer than that

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Dirty Burger posted:

Chicago was bad for like 2 years after winning 3 cups while committing crimes against humanity and they get a loving generational player gifted to em. We deserved to watch them suffer for a decade at least

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

secret volcano lair posted:

getting word that chicago has acquired the entire Canada 2018 U20 men's world junior roster

big culture fit for the room

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ThinkTank posted:

I'm cool with this if the league decides to add additional punishment for the rape thing and strips Chicago of their first round pick this year.

I’m cool with someone showing up at my front door with a million dollars in cash.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
https://twitter.com/cullenthecomic/status/1655731672317575169?s=20
but they apologized

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

so glad the canucks dont get to ruin a beautiful boy

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

gently caress you so much

legit I am so sorry. This was the first time ever I was actually rooting for the Canucks to win this sort of thing.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I think I've just had an epiphany.

On the surface, I don't believe the lottery is rigged. But I think this league is dumb enough to make it so it is and that fans won't question it.

Signed,
A lifelong NASCAR fan.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

The Dirty Burger posted:

They've been bad for longer than that but yes this organization doesn't deserve good things.

The league is probably thrilled, though, from a television ratings perspective.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

The last Aldrich enabler just got fired before the end of the season, it's still an active scandal.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I still think they should have made them surrender the option on the 2023 first.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Anaheim: Picking 2nd in the Crosby and Bedard drafts is brutal

Columbus: Missing out on Fantilli stinks but whatever. They got Nash once.

San Jose: They've been good recently. Not too much pain here other than not being able to win a cup yet.

Montreal: Just picked 1st

Arizona: Losing every lottery ever is brutal

Philadelphia: Pretty awful to pick 7th after that kind of year, and after a rough stretch they've been in and no cups in a long time

Washington: Ovie is gonna break the goal record

St. Louis: Badly needed this, but won a cup recently so whatever

Vancouver: Just a painful franchise top to bottom, and this one probably hurts even more considering that Bedard is from Vancouver and Vancouver fans absolutely loathe Chicago

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Should the NHL redo the draft lottery in case it was a big fluke?

The utmost disrespect to the Hawks, I'm a firm believer that them winning is a huge fluke and robs the Canucks of truly making me happy. I've spent the last few minutes in begrudging acceptance and it doesn't make sense to me. I spent the entire regular season watching Canucks play terrible hockey and it's not fair.

If the Hawks win again I will face that the Canucks didn't deserve Bedard, but I am just 100% sure it was a fluke and does a big disservice to the Canucks and me personally.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

ThinkTank posted:

The utmost disrespect to the Hawks, I'm a firm believer that them winning is a huge fluke and robs the Canucks of truly making me happy. I've spent the last few minutes in begrudging acceptance and it doesn't make sense to me. I spent the entire regular season watching Canucks play terrible hockey and it's not fair.

If the Hawks win again I will face that the Canucks didn't deserve Bedard, but I am just 100% sure it was a fluke and does a big disservice to the Canucks and me personally.

:hmmyes:

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

ThinkTank posted:

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

CBJSprague24 posted:

I think I've just had an epiphany.

On the surface, I don't believe the lottery is rigged. But I think this league is dumb enough to make it so it is and that fans won't question it.

Signed,
A lifelong NASCAR fan.

I agree with ThinkTank, I fully believe they rig it once they saw what they did to McDavid. if they don't, they're fools not to (from their perspective). Bedard going to Chicago probably adds tens of millions of dollars to the valuations of every NHL franchise over the next decade or two by himself.

unfortunately they rigged it for the Rangers in down years. hopefully there's a generational talent next time we're bad enough to be in contention for it.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

legit I am so sorry. This was the first time ever I was actually rooting for the Canucks to win this sort of thing.

It's okay I am just very sick of being sad about my hockey team.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Anaheim: Picking 2nd in the Crosby and Bedard drafts is brutal

Columbus: Missing out on Fantilli stinks but whatever. They got Nash once.

San Jose: They've been good recently. Not too much pain here other than not being able to win a cup yet.

Montreal: Just picked 1st

Arizona: Losing every lottery ever is brutal

Philadelphia: Pretty awful to pick 7th after that kind of year, and after a rough stretch they've been in and no cups in a long time

Washington: Ovie is gonna break the goal record

St. Louis: Badly needed this, but won a cup recently so whatever

Vancouver: Just a painful franchise top to bottom, and this one probably hurts even more considering that Bedard is from Vancouver and Vancouver fans absolutely loathe Chicago

Columbus had to buy Nash. They would've picked 3rd if MacLean didn't trade with Florida.

The deal was they traded 3 and the option for Florida to swap picks with them in 2003. Florida then traded some mid-rounders to Atlanta for them to not pick Jovanovski (Atlanta was taking Lehtonen anyway).

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://twitter.com/ArponBasu/status/1655735877270740992

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I bet Michkov will drop to 8th and the Caps will take him, and his contract will magically go away so he can play with Ovi.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

It's okay I am just very sick of being sad about my hockey team.

Feel pretty bad for you and Sulk. I like you guys as posters and I would have rather he gone to one of those two teams.

I hate that the Flyers are so bad now that they make me feel pity for them. They need to at least get competitive again so I can regain my rightful hatred of them.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Ginette Reno posted:

Feel pretty bad for you and Sulk. I like you guys as posters and I would have rather he gone to one of those two teams.

I hate that the Flyers are so bad now that they make me feel pity for them. They need to at least get competitive again so I can regain my rightful hatred of them.

(tearfully putting away the "BUY A PORSCHE BEDARD" sign) Looks like I won't be needing you after all...

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
lol

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Jhet posted:

Posts that precede unfortunate events. :negative:

Finally get rid of Toews and Kane, but now the central is going to get to put up with 15 years of Bedard. Let it be known that this was the day I cheered for Columbus for 15 minutes.

I called it a year ago. The league office finally figured out how to rig a draft, and they were always going to give Bedard to the Blackhawks as an apology for that whole unpleasantness where people actually had to suffer consequences for aiding and abetting a serial rapist.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

loving unbelievable. or all too believable. jesus christ

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I quite literally would have accepted ANY of the other teams. Yes, even Arizona or Montreal.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Honestly, I don't even think I'm bothered to watch the game tonight. Well done, NHL.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

To be honest following hockey at all is an ethical dilemma for me. I feel like a bad person for supporting the hockey establishment in any way... but I'm addicted to ice hockey I can't help it. I've tried to quit several times but it never takes for long and probably never will.

Steering Bedard to a franchise that should have been barred from the draft and the playoffs altogether until such time as every single person involved in management up to and including ownership is gone is really disgusting.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Jamwad Hilder posted:

On the one hand, I don't actually think it was rigged. But on the other thand, it was definitely rigged.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

To be honest following hockey at all is an ethical dilemma for me. I feel like a bad person for supporting the hockey establishment in any way... but I'm addicted to ice hockey I can't help it.

This is an ongoing issue I have with pro sports. Lotta sick fucks, assholes and sleazeballs wield an incredible amount of power in a multi billion dollar industry.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Hey, what’s going on in this thread…..ohhhhh gently caress Chicago

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Lol remember when they announced the 3rd overall pick before it was revealed?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

To be honest following hockey at all is an ethical dilemma for me. I feel like a bad person for supporting the hockey establishment in any way... but I'm addicted to ice hockey I can't help it. I've tried to quit several times but it never takes for long and probably never will.

Give it until your team sucks for a couple of years, and it might sort itself out. It's been about 10 years since I stopped watching random, Wednesday night games, and i realized at that point that if my team wasn't going to be good (they were banged up in 2014-15), I didn't want to watch somebody else's be good.

I'll always love the Jackets, but it was getting to be a chore to watch games and I don't think I have the patience for another 3 years to wait for the next great thing to show up.

I miss the enthusiasm to start watching at noon and pack it in when I go to bed as I did on the last day of the 2007 regular season, but it ain't there.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'm kind of glad the Canucks didn't tank for Bedard because this would have sucked more seeing Chicago jump over us for the first pick.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Give it until your team sucks for a couple of years, and it might sort itself out. It's been about 10 years since I stopped watching random, Wednesday night games, and i realized at that point that if my team wasn't going to be good (they were banged up in 2014-15), I didn't want to watch somebody else's be good.

I'll always love the Jackets, but it was getting to be a chore to watch games and I don't think I have the patience for another 3 years to wait for the next great thing to show up.

I miss the enthusiasm to start watching at noon and pack it in when I go to bed as I did on the last day of the 2007 regular season, but it ain't there.

I watched maybe 20 Penguins games this year, out of I dunno 250 total. (I watch games the next day so I can liberally 5-second skip through puck dumps and skip right through all stoppages, so it takes about 40 minutes to watch a full game for me.) Watched a lot of Maple Leafs and Oilers since those are the teams where no lead is ever safe in any direction, but at least some of all the NHL teams except the very worst ones. The Penguins being terrible for the next decade is unlikely to kill my addiction to hockey

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Same. This is starting to suck and I'm too old for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Also, on the Lottery coverage, gently caress you fanboying Chicago, Chelly.

Aren't you the one who, as a Blackhawk, said he'd never play for Detroit?