Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Barreft posted:

Oh my god how did I miss this place and power until now

that's what you get for not going and investigating things for best girl josha :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

that's what you get for not going and investigating things for best girl josha :colbert:

:2monocle:

Now I can finally get this dude to his drat lab

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ah, hadn't tried regular ryujin in a while, but I never had it that smooth going from sky to depths, and still often needed to put it in handheld and forgo 2x scaling.

The custom Yuzu looks great now except still doing this thing where it tries to run at 45fps, and is slightly fast motion.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Okay so Lab Power Spoilers you need to do asap, and you're in spoilers so after doing the depths quest and getting Robbie to his lab.. He does the Travel Gate, which gives more than 1 recall locations now, but also the

Hero's Path Mode??

Definitely do Josha's quests asap to free Robbie

Barreft fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 9, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm not reading that and I'm gonna continue my special treat of explore desert today but I'm so excited for whatever you're talking about it eventually

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Khanstant posted:

I'm not reading that and I'm gonna continue my special treat of explore desert today but I'm so excited for whatever you're talking about it eventually

Do the Josha mission now. Just place a beam over the temple of time on the plateau and go under and follow the beam

e: 3 recall spots already for the travel medallion. love the caves baby

Barreft fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 9, 2023

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
How on earth do I get Ryujinx to recognize that FPS patch thing?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

gently caress, I was in handheld instead of docked again lol. Holy, this is using 8gb of vram, looks awesome though.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ahh Hero's Path I missed you

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh lol I thought you meant like hard mode unlocked, I never paid attention to hero path tracing. Well now I do wanna see it because you went about things very differently than I

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is Impa anywhere after you finish the geoglyph stuff? It ended kinda abruptly after the final cutscene, I thought you’d get to talk to her about it or something

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I would assume Kakariko?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

No idea where to place my 3 recall ports at. Tarrey City is obvious.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Escobarbarian posted:

Is Impa anywhere after you finish the geoglyph stuff? It ended kinda abruptly after the final cutscene, I thought you’d get to talk to her about it or something

she goes back to the place with the geoglyph map

Barreft posted:

No idea where to place my 3 recall ports at. Tarrey City is obvious.

once you get most of the sky opened up it ends up being "drop it in places where you're getting your rear end kicked and want to come back to later", imo

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

once you get most of the sky opened up it ends up being "drop it in places where you're getting your rear end kicked and want to come back to later", imo

That makes so much sense thanks. Just make 3 in the sky and dive to wherever you want

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Anyone figured out what to do with that horse statue that has 3 hitching posts near the Outskirt Stable? I've tried to get 3 horses there but they seem to despawn if you go too far from the statue.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Has anyone tripped across the fierce deity chestpiece yet? At this point I'm going to have literally every old-game armor apart from that one, I've got so many green hats I'd swear I'm getting duplicates

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 9, 2023

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Phoix posted:

Anyone figured out what to do with that horse statue that has 3 hitching posts near the Outskirt Stable? I've tried to get 3 horses there but they seem to despawn if you go too far from the statue.

Could you build some contraption and hitch all three horses to it and then bring then to the statue as a group?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Has anyone tripped across the fierce deity chestpiece yet? At this point I'm going to have literally every old-game armor apart from that one, I've got so many green hats I'd swear I'm getting duplicates

Lol I have no green hates but plenty of pants. Do the non fierce dirty legacy sets have armor bonuses?

Also are you supposed to fight bears? I found one, but when I attacked it, it just ran and ran and ran. It had a ton of health, like, felt like as much a Hinox nearby. It never fought and it only dropped 1 seared steak due to dying on fire. Did I just a kill a friend??

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Khanstant posted:

Lol I have no green hates but plenty of pants. Do the non fierce dirty legacy sets have armor bonuses?

Also are you supposed to fight bears? I found one, but when I attacked it, it just ran and ran and ran. It had a ton of health, like, felt like as much a Hinox nearby. It never fought and it only dropped 1 seared steak due to dying on fire. Did I just a kill a friend??

if it's anything like botw I think all of the "old classic" armors are just plus master sword beam damage, but they all also needed dumb upgrade mats like all star shards all the time so I cba to check right now

animals don't really drop loot, just meat, but they may have carried over the rideable bears/deer from botw

haven't seen a bear to check yet

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Barreft posted:

Do the Josha mission now. Just place a beam over the temple of time on the plateau and go under and follow the beam

e: 3 recall spots already for the travel medallion. love the caves baby

Lmao I already did the big part of this just trying to help out Mr Spooky and now get free bonus. Best do it now post.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Yerok posted:

I think my proudest moment in this game so far was welding a korok to the horse tow bar and dragging it across a field to its buddy

If you're running this on Yuzu definitely look up the code for forcing full resolution rendering. It doesn't make much of a difference in framerate for me and holy poo poo the difference in fidelity at 1440p is huge.

yeah you werent lying, it really helps.

also lol you can see so far when emulating:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh my god so much activities here I hadn't been back in a loong time t

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

queeb posted:

yeah you werent lying, it really helps.

also lol you can see so far when emulating:

Yeah it's blowing my mind how well it plays without even official emulator updates out yet. Nintendo needs a Switch 2 like, yesterday

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
switch has a lot in common with the wii u (and so on) so building off those bridges isn't too hard. it is also purposefully a fairly "weak" console, which in this context makes it kind of easy to copy.

in game chat, tho

one thing I dislike they took from botw, and tbh doubled down on it in someways, is their method of you having to find the tutorial. like in practice most of it is fairly initutive, nintendo is pretty good at catching the player's eye so you can figure out what you need to do with a set piece without explicitly being told, but like in tutorial island you have to stumble across the robots, some of whom are in caves and etc and otherwise places you might not go to, to get important info bits. or go down the hub area's nearby hole specifically to get depths breadcrumbs, etc.

a lot of stuff you again don't necessarily need, but especially stuff for like the batteries which I did find but totally understand if someone didn't, bleh

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I like it even if sometimes I don't know something right away. The game isn't worse from smaller battery, I barely notice the extended one now. The ways it's set up let's you get discoveries and excitement at a self discovered pace instead of dumping you through a tutorial of every little thing from the outset.

I think the game is probably beatable with the bare minimum tools.

In any case, it's a refreshing change of pace from most games. I love them rewarding curiosity and paying attention to little hints and cues. Sometimes even empty little space is a hint, like, really, nothing here huh, and a suspiciously flat curling the exact size of link? Lemme do a bugs bunny real quick and oh! Wouldn't ya know, a little treasure for me on my way to Albuquerque.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
And holy moly a quick dip underground found me a whole new complex of caves I had no idea was underfoot. Not the depths, just a surprise epic underground network. I am lost!! I mean. I can go to surface anytime I want but underground, no idea where I am anymore. Amazing!

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I am so pleased with how this runs and looks and this isn't even out yet. Game is great.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Awwww the Light Dragon 😭

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Alright dragging the koroks behind the horse was pretty good but from here on out it's going to be the korok space program.

I just attached a rocket directly to one and pointed him at his buddy and let er rip. Perfect shot, but enough velocity to bounce him like a hundred feet into the air on impact.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Yerok posted:

Alright dragging the koroks behind the horse was pretty good but from here on out it's going to be the korok space program.

I just attached a rocket directly to one and pointed him at his buddy and let er rip. Perfect shot, but enough velocity to bounce him like a hundred feet into the air on impact.

Oh God I have to try rocketing a lazy korok tmw. Didn't even think of that. Maybe I'll attach springs to him too to see where he bounces afterwards

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Okay maybe don't make a tricycle of death to joust a dragon if it's built upon a wooden platform

real hylians use every part of the stockpile

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 9, 2023

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I wonder how many people are going to leave the depths for the end and miss out everything you get one quest in.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

lunar detritus posted:

I wonder how many people are going to leave the depths for the end and miss out everything you get one quest in.

to be fair I think that's kind of the "intended" path-- it's kind of hard to tell because they're pretty good about making things hew to "whatever you happened to have done already", but if you just follow main plot you basically get a taste of "here's the depths, it's hosed up hard mode and you can't see the wall 2 feet in front of you", then yanks you back up and sends you around getting your posse together before you get "properly" sent back underneath again for mineru

i'm actually not sure if the side quest yiga stuff would have ended up being a main path blocker or not, if I hadn't done it early, although I was honestly moderately sad that it wasn't kohga coming back for the spirit temple, i was legit like "gently caress yeah" when the construct started climbing out and I thought I was going to get the yiga boss fight music again

and then I didn't

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
im away from the game atm but I don't recall getting a depths quest, where do you get that specifically? as far as I remember I "just" have the explore the four town hubs one as far as mains go

could be misremembering ofc

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Homegirl in the first town after getting your glider etc should have a quest that gives you the camera and has you take pictures of some stuff in the depths

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I accidentally stumbled upon the questline for spirit temple which I assume is supposed to be the last dungeon but I did it first? Whoops? I rode a rock up from the beach at the south of the map, flew over to that super cloudy island and fell into a hole. Tried to open a door so hard I died and the came back with one more heart and it worked and started that whole quest line.

What a weird spot for a 20 minute story dump after I’ve done no other temples, no main missions other than the first Robbie thing, and like 4 glyphs.

Now I know the rest of the story.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kaboobi posted:

I accidentally stumbled upon the questline for spirit temple which I assume is supposed to be the last dungeon but I did it first? Whoops? I rode a rock up from the beach at the south of the map, flew over to that super cloudy island and fell into a hole. Tried to open a door so hard I died and the came back with one more heart and it worked and started that whole quest line.

What a weird spot for a 20 minute story dump after I’ve done no other temples, no main missions other than the first Robbie thing, and like 4 glyphs.

Now I know the rest of the story.

there's a couple of ways to shortcut to "finding out what actually happened" before the rest of the main plot NPCs catch up, you get like 80% of it if you're like me and literally just follow impa's quest right off the bat because that seems like the most obvious exposition dump route

presumably link just likes smirking behind his hand at quietly knowing more than everyone else and leaving them to dangle

now prepare for several quests worth of people wondering if this or that random person is actually zelda or not while your dragonwife is flying around above your head

Gamerofthegame posted:

im away from the game atm but I don't recall getting a depths quest, where do you get that specifically? as far as I remember I "just" have the explore the four town hubs one as far as mains go

could be misremembering ofc

purah will give you a "talk to josha" directive in addition to the usual "go to the four main cities" quest, iirc, although in hindsight I guess maybe upgrading your purah tablet is a "side adventure" instead of a main quest

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

to be fair I think that's kind of the "intended" path-- it's kind of hard to tell because they're pretty good about making things hew to "whatever you happened to have done already", but if you just follow main plot you basically get a taste of "here's the depths, it's hosed up hard mode and you can't see the wall 2 feet in front of you", then yanks you back up and sends you around getting your posse together before you get "properly" sent back underneath again

Naw, they tell you to dive right in early on and show you how it's easy to get in and out so don't be scared. Several surface quests need you to go down there and they could not throw more bright bloom seeds at you if they tried. A giant bright bloom can make a whole area seen like you hit the kightroot already almost and just chucking seeds periodically makes it easy to see where you're going and where you've been. Glow food resources are abundant in general.

Plus the enemies underground are almost entirely relegated to their own little zones and they glow in the dark so you never really run into them by accident. Mostly get into fights when I want zonaite or to blast someone with the death machine tools laying in the pergolas often near enemy camps.

Plus they have those big red holes everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

How are the load times?