Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah did y'all not finish the issue or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hope and Exodus’s stuff was weird and dumb as hell

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I liked it cause I am glad Hope is breaking up with Exodus and his massive amounts of issues.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I thought the issue was very cool and interesting when I first read it but, yeah, the more I think about it the more nitpicks I have.

'Cuz like...right, it was all mind control. They were infected by evil genes. It's very weird to be angry at anyone about that, for things that they didn't even do yet even, and also how are all these people so ready and willing to trust this sketch-rear end source? A random chimera shows up out of the blue with the memories of a...red magic woman?...and they play it on a VHS and you're like oh man everything they say is definitely objective true content?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hope didn't really care about the betrayal. but she got a good long look at where being a messiah leads. so, she is done with both that toxic lifestyle and the deranged rear end in a top hat who encourages it. it was easily the most reasonable reaction to the events of sos. no one else seems to have learned anything.

as for why everyone was willing to hear mother righteous out, i put that down to the shock value. she pops in and blames everything on sinister and they all jump in to agree because hating that dude is krakoa's national sport. it's good clean fun for all ages! but going any further than that and actually placing even the slightest trust in her? that's just the council being dumb as always.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I want Hope to help Exodus be better. I just wish for redemption for everyone on Krakoa lol

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
So like is any of this stuff the past few months any good? It sounds really bad and I'm not picking up from y'all whether you like it or not.

I'm a year behind though, other than picking up the first Sinister issue because the Professor X story sounded really good to me (and I liked that).

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm pretty sure literally everyone in here who was reading it liked sins of sinister?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, poo poo is good. X Line is still the best it's ever been with only a few bad books since the hickman soft reboot

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's good, OP

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I feel like the comics have largely retained their overall quality through the Sins of Sinister event. Though personally, I'm more interested in the fallout of it than the event itself. Hard to stay as invested in a story you know will largely be undone, and the vibe being largely grim didn't do me any favors. Anyway, happy to get back to Krakoa/Arrako politics.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't like them going back to the Jean and Scott are having problems again well, though. Just let them be happy together while also getting action on the side.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Wither lost his Death Touch. If they ever remember those kids exist, they should let him and wallflower have fun.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah stuff has been good in my opinion.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Beerdeer posted:

Wither lost his Death Touch. If they ever remember those kids exist, they should let him and wallflower have fun.

Amusingly Gwenpool on her journey to her aro ace realization remembered Wither and tried to start a love triangle with Elixir because mutants.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/marvel/status/1656011157969281029?s=46&t=Pie6qyYAsaGONslbf3KMyQ

:supaburn::parrot::supaburn:

(It’s a mini tho)

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't like them going back to the Jean and Scott are having problems again well, though. Just let them be happy together while also getting action on the side.

They were. Everyone got to enjoy gently caress Island for a few years. Now it's back to being X-Men, which means screwing everything up and ending in misery.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Weezie's Jean was basically *the* Jean for me so I am cautiously hype for this.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mulva posted:

They were. Everyone got to enjoy gently caress Island for a few years. Now it's back to being X-Men, which means screwing everything up and ending in misery.

god comic fans are so alarmist and defeatist about literally everything lmao

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

It's learned experience, babey!

I'm excited for stuff though, a lot of FoX sounds cool.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

My one complaint with the Krakoa era is that hasn't felt like it's stabilised as the status quo any at point to me. Personally it would be more impactful if we had sometime where the Island wasn't going from catastrophe to catastrophe before teasing the 'fall of x'.

That said I pretty much enjoyed all it bar a few titles, so I'll give them a little rope.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

ten years from now the timescale will have compressed the Krakoa era into about a month and a half tops

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Draxion posted:

ten years from now the timescale will have compressed the Krakoa era into about a month and a half tops

I think the Hellfire Gala is explicitly a year apart in universe. So Krakoa will be a thing for at least 3 years come the next one.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

JoylessJester posted:

My one complaint with the Krakoa era is that hasn't felt like it's stabilised as the status quo any at point to me. Personally it would be more impactful if we had sometime where the Island wasn't going from catastrophe to catastrophe before teasing the 'fall of x'.

isn't this just the island inheriting the school's tendencies

if anything the island has at least managed to stay mostly intact all this time

honestly i'm surprised that cyclops treehouse is still mostly intact

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

One thing definitely hasn't changed. Professor X remains the master of the cock block.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

honestly i'm surprised that cyclops treehouse is still mostly intact
ah...bruv are you in the right headspace to receive some bad news? :buddy:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
So on the last page of this week's Red, is that the young version of that metal blood guy from Sins of Sinister?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Sure is.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, Gillen already revealed in his newsletter we'd be meeting him again for the first time in Red.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think the Hellfire Gala is explicitly a year apart in universe. So Krakoa will be a thing for at least 3 years come the next one.

Turns out it was a weekly party!

I'm officially over how terrible Xavier is getting portrayed while Storm keeps getting high off her own supply. Emma needs to take her down another peg again.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

OnimaruXLR posted:

So on the last page of this week's Red, is that the young version of that metal blood guy from Sins of Sinister?

Really happy that character is returning. I really liked them in SoS.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Y'know, before when I'd heard "Xavier and Magneto should be portrayed as a couple/exes" I kind of rolled my eyes and chalked it up to shippers wanting to ship, but Red this week kind of sold me on that idea inasmuch as it partly explains Chuck's softness on Magneto and willingness to love and forgive him him despite long-standing ideological conflict and repeated instances of the latter getting heated enough to want to cause extinction-level disasters.

That being said I don't know how I'd feel about Magneto reciprocating. I can't really think of him being romantic in any context except in AOA with Rogue, and Rogue is way cooler than Chuck. He also strikes me as someone who would never be willing to fully let his guard down around someone with psychic powers and a willingness to exercise them quite so freely.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Al Ewing is one of those shippers wanting to ship. And i'm happy for him.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

OnimaruXLR posted:

Y'know, before when I'd heard "Xavier and Magneto should be portrayed as a couple/exes" I kind of rolled my eyes and chalked it up to shippers wanting to ship, but Red this week kind of sold me on that idea inasmuch as it partly explains Chuck's softness on Magneto and willingness to love and forgive him him despite long-standing ideological conflict and repeated instances of the latter getting heated enough to want to cause extinction-level disasters.

That being said I don't know how I'd feel about Magneto reciprocating. I can't really think of him being romantic in any context except in AOA with Rogue, and Rogue is way cooler than Chuck. He also strikes me as someone who would never be willing to fully let his guard down around someone with psychic powers and a willingness to exercise them quite so freely.

They're both kind of "no time for love" type guys, despite how Charles pervs on Jean in the Silver Age or Carey's Magneto/Rogue stuff. I can imagine they went down a couple times after big events like saving a life in Haifa or securing Krakoa, but they're so committed to their individual dreams, and post-Krakoa, Krakoa, that they'd hardly ever have a private moment.

Supreme Xavier stuff in Red this week, it's really interesting to see how quickly actual Charles falters after Sinister!Charles' boasts in Immortal a couple months back (for the record, I think him dropping that he's put mental blocks on the people manning missile silos, ensuring there will never be a nuclear war is the act of actual Charles, it's just boasting about it that is Sinister!Charles). Storm confronting Charles over taking her away from her village should have been a beat brought up long before now, but as the saying goes, this is the second best time to do it.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Rochallor posted:

They're both kind of "no time for love" type guys

Chuck has literally left his team twice to go into space for prolonged periods to gently caress a bird-lady.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

danbanana posted:

Chuck has literally left his team twice to go into space for prolonged periods to gently caress a bird-lady.

Ok fair. He's such a non-presence in the Claremont stuff that I forget that's why he's mostly absent. In retrospect, him vanishing with Lilandra is kinda hard to square with other eras of the character, though I suppose the actual reason is Claremont wasn't that interested in him.

Apropos of nothing, I've been reading the Star Wars anthology From a Certain Point of View, and there's a story by Kieron Gillen with a revealing typo.

quote:

“How?” said Aphra. “Surface bombing? Even with a fleet of Star Destroyers that’d take weeks. Or a bioplague, like on Genosha? Is this Tarkin Initiative technology?"

Gotta keep your fictional genocides straight, Gillen.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Codependent Poster posted:

Turns out it was a weekly party!

I'm officially over how terrible Xavier is getting portrayed while Storm keeps getting high off her own supply. Emma needs to take her down another peg again.

I don't think Xavier was portrayed too bad in Red. He's clearly have a hard time, and I think Storm is being overly harsh towards him.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rochallor posted:

Ok fair. He's such a non-presence in the Claremont stuff that I forget that's why he's mostly absent. In retrospect, him vanishing with Lilandra is kinda hard to square with other eras of the character, though I suppose the actual reason is Claremont wasn't that interested in him.

Apropos of nothing, I've been reading the Star Wars anthology From a Certain Point of View, and there's a story by Kieron Gillen with a revealing typo.

not the star wars/marvel crossover i was hoping for

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don't think Xavier was portrayed too bad in Red. He's clearly have a hard time, and I think Storm is being overly harsh towards him.

Yeah. I am loving Storm as the most badass X-character (she should be!) but I also kinda felt like she was maybe the most empathetic. I dunno. This and the last Immortal are frustrating but I'll follow Al Ewing into Hell so I'm game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rochallor posted:

I think that's just an Easter egg. Geonosis was bombed, IIRC?