Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Just expect things to happen faster and we can solve climate change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

that's eco-fascism. you're doing an eco-fascism you eco-fascist

asking me to do anything at all is ecofascism

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
also asking to not do something

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

absolutely baffled that people choose to read about bad news... smh at this thread

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

uh oh, it is concern troll time again

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i am concerned

about climate change

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
please don’t not ask me to do anything ever again

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

i am concerned

about climate change

this is doomerism. this is rimeism. this is antinatalism. this is advocating for genocide.

if you were actually "concerned" about climate change, you would post about electric cars, solar panel roads, coal powered carbon capture facilities, and carbon dioxide credits on the block chain.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
don't forget about environmentally conscious internet browsers and other market based green tech

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i ate rice and beans today, which resulted in a great carbon footprint score for me today. It's up to each of us to make personal decisions that ensure a greener future for our children

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bedpan posted:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
why can't we invent solutions faster than previously thought? seems unfair :-/

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

zoomers need to step it up imo

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

bedpan posted:

solar panel roads

lmao, remember that bazinga

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

bedpan posted:

Hmm, have you considered doing something? No?

Checkmate, ecofascist.

Stereotype posted:

[Biosphere Collapse] asking me to do anything is ecofascism

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

not for much longer

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/04/19/global-rice-shortage-is-set-to-be-the-largest-in-20-years-heres-why.html

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

biceps crimes posted:

i ate rice and beans today, which resulted in a great carbon footprint score for me today. It's up to each of us to make personal decisions that ensure a greener future for our children

i held a fart until it went away

i'm doing my part

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
i stepped away from the thread for what probably was a year. Im happy to see it has embraced pure sardonic humor instead of mainly doom posting. Its gonna let me stay longer without going insane again.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

This is what I get for being smug about everyone struggling to find meat at the store in 2020 and 2021.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

good thing I have like 50lbs of rice stocked up heh heh that'll prevent societal ills and global supply chain disruptions from changing my life :smug:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

time to go buy a pallet of the white basmati rice from costco in preparation

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

eco-facism is any crime against number

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

just buy enough rice to last a whole year, its like 100 dollars

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I bought a zojirushi rice cooker 10 years ago and have cooked like hundreds of pounds of rice with it. I use the gently caress out of it and it makes perfect rice every time. a tremendous green energy purchase, as I opt into green burning fuels through my electricity provider and the appliance materials have been offset by my low carbon source of calories. it’s a win for me, a win for my pocketbook, and a win for Mother Nature

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

biceps crimes posted:

I bought a zojirushi rice cooker 10 years ago and have cooked like hundreds of pounds of rice with it. I use the gently caress out of it and it makes perfect rice every time. a tremendous green energy purchase, as I opt into green burning fuels through my electricity provider and the appliance materials have been offset by my low carbon source of calories. it’s a win for me, a win for my pocketbook, and a win for Mother Nature

oh gently caress yeah. i bought a big zohirushi... 7 or 8 years ago? absolute kitchen mvp.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I had like a 10 year old zoji that finally started flaking off the teflon in the pan due to just straight defect reasons and I couldn't find a replacement pan at all - searched ebay, searched zoji's website, etc. No luck :( But I love having a rice maker so much that I did end up getting another.

also if you have never done it - try a rice maker pancake. There's so much fun stuff you can cook in them.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

tefloooon yes wooooo

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

this thread makes me feel extreme, and radicalized, and eager to start murdering all humans with my bare hands

starting with YOU :blastu:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

i love my mechanical zojirushi rice cooker so much i kinda want to get the neuro fuzzy one but my basic one already makes rice so well i can't really justify it

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Gravid Topiary posted:

this thread makes me feel extreme, and radicalized, and eager to start murdering all humans with my bare hands

starting with YOU :blastu:

you should make some nice aromatic rice and steamed veggies

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I've had the same zojirushi micom for 16 years. It was the most expensive appliance I had ever bought at that point and I had such a hard time talking myself into it but it still works perfectly, absolute workhorse. Also you can make cake in it.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Wheeee posted:

you should make some nice aromatic rice and steamed veggies
now this thread has de-radicalized me into making some rice in my $20 piece-of-poo poo rice-cooker, you have saved many lives this evening Wheeee namaste

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

hell yea

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Why don’t we just burn the trash underground? Then we don’t have to pull the carbon out of the air!

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
oxygen, least the blaze break to the surface like a balrog

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
love that there is a tribunal about the fate of this thread in SAD right now, and nobody asked in here for feedback or anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Goa Tse-tung posted:

love that there is a tribunal about the fate of this thread in SAD right now, and nobody asked in here for feedback or anything

Nothing will happen, it's a monthly thing.