Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Stage interventions for the people suffering from addiction in your life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

mobby_6kl posted:

There's no ammunition, lol.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Toxic Mental posted:

lol Russia invaded a sovereign nation for literally no reason, got 100,000+ of its people killed and many more injured, did/is doing a fuckton of warcrimes, and you still have people going "It's the West's/NATO's fault" lmao

My "Favorite" part of this is the arguments that Russia was forced/duped into this war like Putin hasn't been repeatedly brutally loving with Russia's neighboring states and any Russian region that doesn't want to be part of a "federation" that only really gives a poo poo about Moscow/Saint Petersburg since he got into power.

mobby_6kl posted:

Footage of the :japan: T-34 from the parade:

https://i.imgur.com/HOkLiyx.mp4

Ah, good old fashioned reliable Russian equipment. Way better than overengineered, expensive western Wunderwaffe.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Prigozhin released longer video

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1655855435323256834

edit: partially translated

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1655863683593953281

also soy Prigozhin

https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1655857495808659456

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 10:29 on May 9, 2023

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/1655846812723412992?s=20

Shithole country.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
just make one third of a T-34 and call it a T-14

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Looks like Eritrea held a military parada. Wait this is Russia?

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

I mean at this point why bother with a parade at all. Just cancel it and say its to ensure no resources are wasted on pomp and ceremony as they are all being sent to the front so that 'our boys' have everything they need, etc.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Alan Smithee posted:

just make one third of a T-34 and call it a T-14

T-11.333333 :eng101:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

sebmojo posted:

T-11.333333 :eng101:

you have to account for graft for the generals

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom

Tigey posted:

I mean at this point why bother with a parade at all. Just cancel it and say its to ensure no resources are wasted on pomp and ceremony as they are all being sent to the front so that 'our boys' have everything they need, etc.

I wish they'd spend more on their parades, they could withdraw all their troops and gear from Ukraine and have a huge parade at home instead! Would solve a lot of their problems.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Dwesa posted:

nice sunny weather in Moscow, only somewhat related to earlier talk of vampires

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1655839170646900739

that has to be a double

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ukraine thinks it's so shmart having inflatable tanks

russia has inflatable putin

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Tigey posted:

Why would you cancel such an important and symbolic event due to some far away unimportant 3 day military operation where everything is going fantastic and the soldiers are very well equipped and everything is going extremely according to plan? Doesn't make sense to me.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Autisanal Cheese posted:

that has to be a double

I saw this picture the other day and I expect it to be mostly or entirely bullshit (e: not just the "real Putin" part I mean), but I'm no Kremlinologist and I'm terrible with faces in general:

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

People looking different in different circumstances and as they age? Why I never!

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

NihilCredo posted:

I saw this picture the other day and I expect it to be mostly or entirely bullshit (e: not just the "real Putin" part I mean), but I'm no Kremlinologist and I'm terrible with faces in general:

It's useless info unless it's cross referenced to the Bristol Stool Chart.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

Tigey posted:

They're desperately pretending everything is ok and normal to placate the Russian population.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

NihilCredo posted:

That's just effects of botox or some other plastic surgery when you go from bottom to top

Or due to sanctions on Western technologies, Putin's cloning vats are slowly falling in disrepair, producing degraded puffy clones that hate the Sun.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

talk about a rollercoaster

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

LOL

Here's a thread with the full list of everything, down to 51 vehicles compared to last years 131, and more than 200 in the years before that.

https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1655836768925630467

My favourite tweet being;
https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1655852180337840128

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bertha the Toaster posted:

LOL

Here's a thread with the full list of everything, down to 51 vehicles compared to last years 131, and more than 200 in the years before that.

https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1655836768925630467

My favourite tweet being;
https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1655852180337840128

To be fair, getting the VDV in the parade might be a bit of a mixed message if they were attending, what with all the zinc coffins they'd be parading through Moscow.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Alan Smithee posted:

talk about a rollercoaster
In case anyone's wondering and can't be arsed to google conversions, that's roughly 129k USD or 118k EUR.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

NihilCredo posted:

Someone photoshop the divine comedy singer in there.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009
So Putin did attend the parade in person after all?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Volguus posted:

So Putin did attend the parade in person after all?

In a way perhaps

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

happy Victory Day all

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Couldn't have the T14 Armata there because it might have backfired and then burst into flames, startling Putin and causing a double incident because they would have to whisk him away to clean his diaper mid parade AND put a fire out.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

And he's losing.

No dice for Russia.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Get the gently caress outta Ukraine already!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

lmao

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

happy Victory Day all

OMG!!! they're attacking the Kremlin again! :derp:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Is there a mobilization booth at the parade I really hope so.

Will they steal the US marine corp slaying the dragon recruitment video but the dragon is zelensky

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Oh I know about this graphic novel but I forgot the name, I heard it's really good. I know it's about a girl growing up in Iran in the 70s and 80s and how she used music to rebel in her own small way against the arch-conservatives running Iran.

What's the name of that graphic novel?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

CannonFodder posted:

Oh I know about this graphic novel but I forgot the name, I heard it's really good. I know it's about a girl growing up in Iran in the 70s and 80s and how she used music to rebel in her own small way against the arch-conservatives running Iran.

Persepolis

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

It was adapted into a decent animated movie too.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

2015:

2023:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12062341/Putin-arrives-Red-Square-Russias-annual-Victory-Parade-gets-underway.html

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Is there a mobilization booth at the parade I really hope so.

Will they steal the US marine corp slaying the dragon recruitment video but the dragon is zelensky

I mean, russia has basically stolen everything else they've ever built or "accomplished", I can't see why this would be any different

e: If there's one thing I've learned from this whole invasion, is that everything remotely impressive or positive that was credited to the USSR, is in all actuality wholly from the people of the satellite states they occupied and oppressed

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 9, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Cartoon Man posted:

2023:

2015:

Look see!!! Russia hasnt even used ite real army. It's been growing it since 2015!!!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

CannonFodder posted:

Absolutely worth a read/watch - Marjane Sartrapi's parents were leftists who fought to defeat the czar only to have the govt that took over be more restrictive. I learned so much about the Iranian Revolution I'd never even known just from her experience of living through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Guy on our left must be very proud of how things are going