Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

been playing this for the past few days and really enjoying it so far.

Going all the gently caress in on The Hunt blessings made it so most fights, even the elites, the enemy just straight up never got to take a turn. Servog got a little dicey in his third phase but pulled it out in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Meowywitch posted:

Destruction is a very odd category imo

I think they just wanted their standard RPG Warrior/Rogue/Mage/Healer classes in Destruction/Hunt/Erudition/Abundance, even if Destruction's role kinda waffles between Hunt and Erudition atm.

They're more durable than the other damage dealer classes though, and some future Destruction characters like Blade feature self-healing, so maybe that sort of self-reliance could be their "thing". The tooltip does say that they're supposed to be "lone wolves".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

destruction characters are meant to be self-reliant characters that work in most content and you don't really need to build a team around. ofc clara does kind of need proper setup so who knows

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I suppose there's half a theme about fighting while hurt, since that's what the SU destruction blessings are about, and Clara wants to be hit and Arlan hits himself

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Destruction MC also has self-healing. They're supposed to be fighter-tanks that can deal both AOE and single-target damage. Which kind of means that they are either OP or pointless.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Clarste posted:

In general, I would say that the class is too specialized, and what they are specialized in is exactly the thing that 90% of the SU paths provide when you invest in them. Like, even in an add-heavy boss fight I'd rather just have The Hunt resonance and press R than devote a character slot to someone who can't really do anything else.

I suppose I should note for the record that I loathe the Abundance path in SU, because their button doesn't insta-win fights. It's by far my least favorite.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It's pretty funny in the Kafka fight when I waffle between using it for actually healing because I get greedy and go into the fight with 0 healers or shielders, or saving it for debuff cleanse again because the only debuffers I have are healers/shielders. It's easy mode in the opposite direction I guess.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

My main squad has March and Bronya anyway, so debuffs aren't really an issue for me.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Clarste posted:

I suppose I should note for the record that I loathe the Abundance path in SU, because their button doesn't insta-win fights. It's by far my least favorite.

Same. I honestly struggle to take anything but Hunt resonance because Hunt resonance can be built to trivially delete entire add phases and do insane damage and also recharge itself constantly. I had a 3-2 run with Doctor's Robe where I dropped a hunt resonance on Gepard's fresh phase 2 shield and it did 70% to it on its own.

It also helps that hunt blessings tend to be "go faster and take more turns" which is also extremely strong.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Kanos posted:

Same. I honestly struggle to take anything but Hunt resonance because Hunt resonance can be built to trivially delete entire add phases and do insane damage and also recharge itself constantly. I had a 3-2 run with Doctor's Robe where I dropped a hunt resonance on Gepard's fresh phase 2 shield and it did 70% to it on its own.

It also helps that hunt blessings tend to be "go faster and take more turns" which is also extremely strong.

Same issue I run into with Remembrance, never letting it be the Enemies turn is very powerful.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I should really try Hunt or Rememberance. I've only really played around with Elation, Destruction and Abundance.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nihility is surprisingly fun even without a single dot character, because it adds enough of its own dots to synergize with itself.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

Nihility is surprisingly fun even without a single dot character, because it adds enough of its own dots to synergize with itself.

the hook/serval/sampo dot stacking team is hilarious for world 4

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
honky stair rail

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Abundance is a meh path resonance if not needed for cleanse, but it's blessings are great with Bailu. Don't know if they force-multiply Natasha as well or it's the bouncing that does it, but there's enough stacking and AoE add-ons that Bailu's heals become full heals that buff everyone. My run stacking those for Kafka was "that which does not kill me never happened by next round".

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 08:52 on May 9, 2023

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Abundance blessings are great, yeah. I think the resonance is unnecessary overkill but dewdrop blessings and the one that turns your heals into AoEs are great, especially if you pick up the destruction blessing that splits damage across your party.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

If you don't get dewdrop though it is useless and you will lose to enrage mechanics, because its buffs aren't really powerful enough to be worth the skill points needed to apply them, to be perfectly honest.

Edit: Basically the problem is that none of its mechanics work without a dedicated healer in the party, whose actions will be completely wasted because the resonance means you don't even need a healer. It's the path with the least synergy with anything else.

Edit2: I'm saying Abundance blessings suck, actually.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 08:57 on May 9, 2023

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I would simply get dewdrops

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

the hook/serval/sampo dot stacking team is hilarious for world 4

When Kafka comes out this mixup is going to be absurd.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

Unrelatedly, everyone is assuming the next MC form will be The Hunt because we're on the Huntboat, but I think it would be very funny if we ended up getting Abundance instead. Might work out better in terms of roles too, unless they suddenly add a ton of healers so we're not all forced to rely on Natasha or pull specific 5 stars.

I would be extremely happy if MC becomes one of those.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

I should really try Hunt or Rememberance. I've only really played around with Elation, Destruction and Abundance.

hunt is pretty funny once you get enough cards to upgrade the hunt ult to have 2 ult charges and then you get the mantle that fills ups the ult charge at the start of each battle.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

DancingShade posted:

I would be extremely happy if MC becomes one of those.

I'm hoping that whatever the MC ends up becoming next, that follow-up attacks are part of their kit so that everyone can enjoy Elation builds in SU.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

boredsatellite posted:

hunt is pretty funny once you get enough cards to upgrade the hunt ult to have 2 ult charges and then you get the mantle that fills ups the ult charge at the start of each battle.

Cocolia in SU6 went from hard as poo poo to much more manageable when I had two charge of a massive AoE that recharged itself completely after killing her ice spires.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

finally got past SU4 by the skin of my dang teeth! gepard / march / pitch dark hook the GOAT / natasha, went in hard on remembrance ice stuff guaranteeing massive crits from Hook's ult. the Elation blessing where you get a skill point from every follow-up attack was also pretty critical

SU is honestly fun as heck and probably going to keep me playing this for awhile in and of itself

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

lol welp

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Welcome to my life where I only have Clara e1 and a couple of LCs.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

At least his E1 is pretty good. Meanwhile I'm here with Bailu E1 which I barely notice.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

At least his E1 is pretty good. Meanwhile I'm here with Bailu E1 which I barely notice.

Yeah it seems good but then I get 'two minds' on things like that where I'm like..I'm glad the effect is good because I have it, but I'd prefer they weren't so I didn't feel like I need them? I mean I know I don't but you know. Gacha brain.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh yeah I get it. I'm just glad that at least so far all the E1s I've seen on 5 stars are either useless or at least decent, compared to Genshin which had some characters that felt mandatory to go for C1 (Childe and Hu Tao come to mind)

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Forget about 5*, I can't seem to get my 4* roster filled out, and this is with the welkin and the $15 and $30 packs:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

When Kafka comes out this mixup is going to be absurd.

:getin:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I don't have any of the hard hitters so I never feel like Hunt path gets me anywhere.

On the flip side I dropped a 47k Preservation resonance on Gepard's face yesterday. :getin:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Gonna have 2 concurrent banners that are essentially just Bronya in about a week. I love all the little chibi Bronya's on the Silver Wolf (Aka Gamer BROnya) Banner art

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

isn't it Jing Yuan in a week? for 3 weeks, and THEN Silver Wolf?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Excelzior posted:

isn't it Jing Yuan in a week? for 3 weeks, and THEN Silver Wolf?

Yeah

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Correct.

Also Tingyun and Sushang will both be on rateup on Jing Yuan's banner, so.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

And March 7th.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Bussamove posted:

Cocolia in SU6 went from hard as poo poo to much more manageable when I had two charge of a massive AoE that recharged itself completely after killing her ice spires.

i got to that part with it but got hosed in phase two

I think i hosed up somewhere but I think I have a better idea what to do now

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Endorph posted:

Correct.

Also Tingyun and Sushang will both be on rateup on Jing Yuan's banner, so.

My standard banner pity gave me the 5* harmony LC which means I am perfectly positioned to grab Tingyun now, which actually means I'm looking forward to my E10 March 7 and no new characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Is Silver Wolf confirmed to come first before Luocha? I thought it's still unconfirmed