Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

0konner posted:

Cody rolling people up from their finishers is a good thing about him and should happen in wrestling way more. All the storyline “technical” wrestlers should be way more prepared for their opponents top move they constantly win with.

is cody a technical wrestler

what technical wrestling does cody ever do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

projecthalaxy posted:

maybe cody keeps...losing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alaois posted:

is cody a technical wrestler

what technical wrestling does cody ever do

well what he does on tv you could "technically" call wrestling

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Brock: Look at this face, what do you see?! Look at it, Cody! What do you see? What do you see? Say it! Say it!

Cody: Uh... it's a face!

Brock: Yeah but what kind of face?

Cody: Uh, red.. sweaty... psychotic?

Brock: No, Cody! It's a neatly chiseled, well-groomed, drop dead handsome face!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gavok posted:

Brock: Look at this face, what do you see?!

Cody: The Cult of Personalityyyyyyyy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

let's
do
this?!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

He has been a huge draw and headliner he has done many meaningful things

That’s why it’s so baffling that they’re making him look like a geek and drawing this out until he’s inevitably cooled off. Unless he hurts himself in the gym again and is out for 6 months again, he’s not going to be anywhere near as over as he was at this past WrestleMania

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

JUNGLE BOY posted:

That’s why it’s so baffling that they’re making him look like a geek and drawing this out until he’s inevitably cooled off. Unless he hurts himself in the gym again and is out for 6 months again, he’s not going to be anywhere near as over as he was at this past WrestleMania
flip a coin on whether it's Triple H or Vince spite-booking him for starting a rival company and thinking he's bigger than the wwe

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Brock totally channeled Paul E last night. Watch the section right after LOOK AT THIS FACE! and listen to the cadence.

Tee hee.

Re-watching, I see both Pauls and Brock in a room going over this promo bit by bit.

SpeakSlow fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 9, 2023

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

He has done many meaningful things:

-Looking like a groundhog popping out of its' hole in the Codyvator
-Tore his titty and sat out for most of his return year
-Had to share the ring at WM with a rubber chicken
-Got whooped by Brock
-As the face in his revenge match against Brock, was a big dirty cheater and snuck out a pin before running away
-Lost his qualifying match for the Big Gold Participation Trophy that a lot of people assumed was made just for him

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this is WWE, it would be more baffling if they’d booked him competently

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I think Cody just has a humiliation fetish

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Sydney Bottocks posted:

He has done many meaningful things:

-Looking like a groundhog popping out of its' hole in the Codyvator
-Tore his titty and sat out for most of his return year
-Had to share the ring at WM with a rubber chicken
-Got whooped by Brock
-As the face in his revenge match against Brock, was a big dirty cheater and snuck out a pin before running away
-Lost his qualifying match for the Big Gold Participation Trophy that a lot of people assumed was made just for him

-Said HBK's name weird

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

-completely misunderstood whether homelander is based or cringe

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The Way will definitely get over on RAW this time. I believe in you Triple H. Never give up.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

-Said HBK's name weird

Didn't he also pronounce Puerto Rico as "Puerto Rito" or was that just someone mishearing him

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

one time cody mixed up the first letters of two words.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Rody Chodes

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Cody mistakenly thought he was signing a new AEW contract and that they'd just renamed themselves We're Wrestling's Elite

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I didn't realize Brock cost him the match that was a qualifier for the Junior Championship lol. god please let Brock do one of his Trademark Squashes and suplexes Cody 15 times before pinning him in 3 minutes

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
the gigantic man is absolutely going to squash the golden American boy at the blood money show bc wwe can't not book 50/50, the crowd will love it, and it will be safely cordoned off in the show no one watches in America in wwe booking going forward

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ha ha blood money vince is back in the saddle again. cody rhodes is a fool! for trusting papa h! callback!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Got a bad feeling about this

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cody recently did a promo where he made the sound, "Guh," or something like that, at one point. What the gently caress does that mean? What word was he pronouncing that way? He didn't elaborate and acted like he hadn't even done that. Absolute cretin.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

poll question: did hhh ever have control in any meaningful sense. did vince ever leave even for one week

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Cavauro posted:

Cody recently did a promo where he made the sound, "Guh," or something like that, at one point. What the gently caress does that mean? What word was he pronouncing that way? He didn't elaborate and acted like he hadn't even done that. Absolute cretin.

Maybe he meant "guff" as in he's had enough of it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Cody was going to say "Gobbledygooker", but he choked, as one might do with a chicken

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

projecthalaxy posted:

poll question: did hhh ever have control in any meaningful sense. did vince ever leave even for one week

Yeah. The show stopped being stupid and became boring instead. Then it went back to being stupid.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MJeff posted:

Yeah. The show stopped being stupid and became boring instead. Then it went back to being stupid.

Thank you Papa H, looked forward to the next Blood Money show!

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Cavauro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLMFeGehC5E

C411
Jun 22, 2004
STUPID
DICK
I just want Cody to be happy

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

C411 posted:

I'm sure he's just happy to be there :)

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

C411 posted:

They should let Cody work All In.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

They should let Cody work All In.

Who would they put in the hall of fame in exchange like the Nakamura/Muta match? Christian? Orange Cassidy?

E:
lol@paul

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 9, 2023

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I disagree. People like to see a good person who bets on himself win. This won’t change.

Bret Hart beat Diesel and Taker with roll ups and no one thought he was a geek for it.

Cody has just accidentally activated some kind of MKULTRA programming in people both negative (people here) and positive (me)

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
really a drat shame HHH had the health-related retirement because the feud he and Cody would be having right now would be incredible

for content

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cody is going to be head booker of WWE by 2030 mark my words

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Oh my God the piped-in, hair dryer crowd noise is so bad.

it's all I can hear

I can't even pay attention what brock is saying because I'm so focused on that terrible production since I only see wwe in clips here lol

somehow after all these years it still surprises me how bad it is every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cody is going to be head booker of WWE by 2030 mark my words

Nah, it'll be a surprise returning Dan Ryckert.