Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

kater posted:

I assume miners lettuce is weed?

No! A very citrusy salad green. Super high in vitamin c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://www.npr.org/2023/05/05/1174024003/sargassum-giant-seaweed-blob-florida

quote:

One of the more promising ideas takes a two-birds-one-stone approach: Sinking sargassum to prevent it from releasing carbon, which would help fight climate change.

The U.K. startup Seaweed Generation is building an autonomous robot that could intercept sargassum patches close to shore, drag them back out to the open ocean and force them to sink to a depth of 1,000 meters, effectively trapping the carbon in the ocean.

I was laughing all the way to work when i heard it.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Simply amazing

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

lmao

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/newscientist/status/1655878433585393668?s=20

LMAOOO

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
People couldn't possibly just eat less meat I guess.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
that's loving assinine, sargassum is a whole ecosystem with a poo poo gently caress ton of incredible animals living in it

i used to be big into aquariums and one of the most idk "avant guard" ones was a no-substrate pelagic sargasso tank where it was reversed, the top was where the seaweed floated and crabs were climbing around and the bottom was bare glass. Total 180 from usual quarium design there were a ton of crazy rear end fish and snails and stuff living in there

only read the url but :sbahj:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

silicone thrills posted:

only poors eat legumes. I am entitled to daily steaks and burgers. the only alternative is a greenwash lab burger with great mouthfeel

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 73 days!
why would i eat less meat if there is no hope

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
*goes vegan* look at me I’m saving the planet!

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

the point of the lab grown meat was never to save the environment, it's so that billionaires can still have their wagyu beef hamburger after the grass withers and all the cows die

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

croup coughfield posted:

See this actually makes sense. You get it

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

croup coughfield posted:

I believe you answered this a few dozen pages back!

croup coughfield posted:

if you live in the west and you believe yourself to be invested in the conflict regarding climate destruction, you have an obligation to involve yourself in that struggle as a part of an organized front. it is not helpful or moral to spend every day reading and internalizing the day's new minutiae of horror. thats protestant self-flagellation, the cult of raising awareness. this frustrates me a great deal as a political organizer. what i want from this thread is the same as i want from every thread in cspam: go outside. get organized, get involved. devote yourself toward undermining bourgeois rule and creating self-propagating institutions to empower and protect workers.

it is not sufficient to stop at "being informed", no matter how much knowledge you gain. if you feel strongly about the death of the planet and remain at home posting about it and nothing else, you are bitch made and will be my servant in the afterlife.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Seattle, for what feels like the nth year in a row, is going to have the "earliest 90 degree day on record" again. lmao

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 73 days!
still trying to get a handle on all the ins and outs here

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Cuttlefush posted:

americans are the stupidest motherfuckers on the planet

wrong bitch i'm stupider

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

silicone thrills posted:

don't make me tap the post

Mola Yam posted:

eat meat
beat meat
repeat

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

wrong bitch i'm stupider

drat i always assumed you were an american.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mola Yam posted:

eat meat
beat meat
repeat

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

croup coughfield posted:

still trying to get a handle on all the ins and outs here

this is a big tent thread bud. whether you’re for or against changing the climate, you’re gonna find someone to share a lol with

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

wrong bitch i'm stupider

another Jupiter victim

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Long as we don't have any other sickos suggesting that children will have problems in the future everything's going to be okay

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

silicone thrills posted:

drat i always assumed you were an american.

worse: canadian

and i'm american

get on my level scrubs

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Harold Fjord posted:

Long as we don't have any other sickos suggesting that children will have problems in the future everything's going to be okay

Thinking about the future is a mistake. CEOs have it right. We should only be thinking about the next quarter. Never further.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
If anybody is having any negative feelings regarding the climate or biosphere, please report to HR immediately. You matter to us, and we value you. If you dont come forward now, we will be forced to terminate you with cause if found to be a doomer after this one week grace period.. It's vital to everybody that you come forward now so we can help you!

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

Perry Mason Jar posted:

See this actually makes sense. You get it

If I'm gonna forego a car (13 years running) in this god forsaken country, I'm gonna eat a cheeseburger whenever I want. Driving, Flying, and AC is where 95% of our personal footprint comes from.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

BRJurgis posted:

If anybody is having any negative feelings regarding the climate or biosphere, please report to HR immediately. You matter to us, and we value you. If you dont come forward now, we will be forced to terminate you with cause if found to be a doomer after this one week grace period.. It's vital to everybody that you come forward now so we can help you!

to be clear nobody is going to be probed or banned for being negative about the climate. i meant what i said in the SAD thread, that i read a lot of this thread yesterday and it is pretty much cspam standard stuff that is fine, and you all mocked the lovely posts that were quoted in the SAD thread when they were posted. if you feel the urge to roleplay as kefka however please go to gamefaqs or something instead of posting here.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Feeling good that I have no clue who Kefka is

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Me neither. Why was that thread stickied if it was going to be closed in 8 pgs after no moderation or any kind of resolution at all? Not great!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Harik posted:

lol another one?

lmao at worrying bout the "mental health" of posters here when they're so freakishly obsessed

It's unironically very creepy that there's a brigade of people who do this here. Like it legit freaked me out when I realized people were doing it with the COVID thread, but I guess that's what I get for staying out of the hell forums.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
It's consent-making via concern trolling par excellence.

Quoting Tony in the OP makes that obvious when thread regulars are already actually concerned about Tony and have addressed him with sincerity, directly in the thread.

Obviously "anime villain speeches" aren't destroying the mental health of, or winning the agreement of, posters outside this thread or even within it. At least, not without counterbalance.

Most people (?) in this thread don't agree with my anti-natalism stance - same one I've had and posted for like five or six years - or general doom, I feel. So, what?, if you hold a minority opinion you have to shut up?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I'm an anti-natalist

I'm against the Boer free state of Natal

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
We should really just stay away from the topic of children. It's not worth the drama.

Bob Ross Nuke Test
Jul 12, 2016

by Games Forum

Perry Mason Jar posted:

So, what?, if you hold a minority opinion you have to shut up?

That is by and large the modus of this particular posting cadre, yes. Complete with offsite discord organization and keeping notes on particular users. It is unfortunate that they continue to be tolerated rather than ramped, and instead have seen years of success after success using this tactic to shut down threads / posters whom they don't agree with. It is at times deeply uncomfortable to share an online space with individuals who would fit in on KiwiFarms and most certainly had active accounts there.

Having been foiled with their concern trolling, the next tactic will be a return to drowning the thread in white noise posting to prevent any discussion moving forwards, in the hopes the thread is gassed due to low quality.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FacelessVoid posted:

I don’t see how this thread is depressing. people are always laughing constantly

Guess it's depressing to people who don't post here but knows we will tech our way out of climate change 100%

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

silicone thrills posted:

We should really just stay away from the topic of children. It's not worth the drama.

It'd be a huge tilt less controversial if everyone wasn't so allergic to fostering/adopting. Anyway I barely bring it up, especially these days (lol) (lmao)

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
helldump posters have always been a part of the forums. just dont post like its livejournal if you dont want to be their content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Bob Ross Nuke Test posted:

That is by and large the modus of this particular posting cadre, yes. Complete with offsite discord organization and keeping notes on particular users. It is unfortunate that they continue to be tolerated rather than ramped, and instead have seen years of success after success using this tactic to shut down threads / posters whom they don't agree with. It is at times deeply uncomfortable to share an online space with individuals who would fit in on KiwiFarms and most certainly had active accounts there.

Having been foiled with their concern trolling, the next tactic will be a return to drowning the thread in white noise posting to prevent any discussion moving forwards, in the hopes the thread is gassed due to low quality.

lmao good lord