Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Communist Thoughts posted:

Left wingers going "awful results for loser Starmer" as he trundles towards inevitable victory is a real Mood fr fr

shouts out to the verb "trundle" i should make more time in my schedule for trundling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
How do people look at what labour is offering and think it's remotely centre left

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

How do people look at what labour is offering and think it's remotely centre left

Liberal brain

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jose posted:

the greens and libdems will pull them that way as part of the coalition :)

is there a map to see which councils fell?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Over 500 seats is a good result for Labour, not amazing but on track

Lib Dems and Greens have done well due to protest voting - basically people aren't enthused about either of the 2 biggest parties right now. The same thing happened in 2019 which is why Jo Swinson got her head massively inflated and ended up getting smashed lol

Greens doing well matches up with what's going on throughout Europe tho it will likely not transfer to a GE due to our hosed up voting system

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It's funny that ukip did way worse than the greens that one time and the guardian wrote about how ukip must be taken seriously but nothing similar for the greens

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

euphronius posted:

I can’t wait for the brioche bun fad to die also. someday . more butter

Word. They're terrible. I assume they must have a longer shelf life than nice, lightly toasted, sesame seed buns, and that's why there's been such a concerted effort to gaslight people into believing they're good for burgers.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Its because UK palates can't bear a good honest american bun and must have french cake buns for their treats instead

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

you know what? fine. give the liberal democrats the prime ministership. it cannot be worse than labor or the tories winning again

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

American gastro pubs also default to to brioche

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Turgidly marching towards an inevitable rerun of the Coalition years but with the Labour Right playing the Part of the conservatives sounds about right. Can't wait to hear how Keir Starmer doing austerity beat for beat the same way Cameron did it is actually good this time because...?

The brilliance of labour's strategy revealed - become continuity cameron and the lib dems will coalition with you out of instinct

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

euphronius posted:

American gastro pubs also default to to brioche

Well yeah but thats because were desperately aping our betters in an attempt to finally be seen as classy in our pathetic hog nation

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

gastropubs are the lowest form of restaurant, just serve me a regular burger or some chicken tenders if you want to be a bar or if you want to do fine dining then do fine dining. dont need to be eating elevated wings while drinking a beer.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
imagine not liking a nice brioche bun to sandwich your salty meat patties and melty cheese in. loving peasants

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

gastropubs are the lowest form of restaurant, just serve me a regular burger or some chicken tenders if you want to be a bar or if you want to do fine dining then do fine dining. dont need to be eating elevated wings while drinking a beer.

wow you're really putting them on blastropubs

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I am fond of a pretzel bun and a bit of garlic butter on a burger

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

The attempt at chips you only get in gastropubs is so terrible. Enormously thick chode-like monstrosities, fried solid on the outside but fluffy and insubstantial on the inside, with an internal temperature hotter than the surface of the sun. I loathe them

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Bucking the national trend the Greens did awful in Brighton including the leader of the Council and his deputy both losing their seats.

What you get when you're meant to be the 'green' party and you can't even do recycling properly.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this is a gb news host lol

https://twitter.com/albieamankona/status/1655938524330467333?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/ITVNewsPolitics/status/1655970444351086592?s=20

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

he could just say nothing

he has to dig rightward with every comment

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Regarde Aduck posted:

he could just say nothing

he has to dig rightward with every comment

Feature not bug

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

MikeCrotch posted:

Feature not bug

yeah

but i don't see where this ends. If both parties are speeding rightwards then things are going to fly apart pretty fast. Who is it that's pushing them rightward so hard? Starmers are bag of piss. He doesn't have an ideology.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

starmer is former DPP and the one bit of ideology he absolutely has is being an authoritarian

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Regarde Aduck posted:

yeah

but i don't see where this ends. If both parties are speeding rightwards then things are going to fly apart pretty fast. Who is it that's pushing them rightward so hard? Starmers are bag of piss. He doesn't have an ideology.

Wow I wonder if this has happened before anywhere, say about 90 years ago

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
ciabatta is the only acceptable burger bun.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, his ideology is clear enough: cold, empty authoritarianism, presented in a weasely, cowardly manner. Maintaining the status quo, by whatever means necessary.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Cookie Cutter posted:

The attempt at chips you only get in gastropubs is so terrible. Enormously thick chode-like monstrosities, fried solid on the outside but fluffy and insubstantial on the inside, with an internal temperature hotter than the surface of the sun. I loathe them

You've just described the perfect chip but somehow in a tone that suggests they're - *chuckle* - bad

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ozmunkeh posted:

ciabatta is the only acceptable burger bun.

the gently caress

Microplastics posted:

You've just described the perfect chip but somehow in a tone that suggests they're - *chuckle* - bad

yeah those sound incredible lol

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

potato wedges fried in duck fat and seasoned were the best carbs i've ever had

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lmao

https://twitter.com/politlcsuk/status/1656060161541144585

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Why would a doctor need to study anatomy & pharmacology & the like?

(TBH there's probably something in the idea of medical apprenticeships. Of course they could also try addressing the insanely unhealthy & dangerous hours trainee & junior doctors have to work but :shrug: Obviously this government will find the worst way possible to enact it)

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Good idea: different pathways for medical training

This idea I assume: one year city and guilds certificate and you can drive a lorry, drive a train, perform surgery and teach kids all at the same time

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

the sex ghost posted:

Good idea: different pathways for medical training

This idea I assume: one year city and guilds certificate and you can drive a lorry, drive a train, perform surgery and teach kids all at the same time

Kids love lorries and trains you could definitely do at least 2 of those things simultaneously

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gently caress sake

https://twitter.com/GreenJennyJones/status/1656169141999476737?t=u6P_XxzV3_7SL2R42H1Gsg&s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This isn't really a surprise since as soon as starmer got control of the NEC they immediately dropped an investigation into Sam Tarry's replacements sexual abuse investigation so he could take the seat

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1656198335919734785?s=20

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Microplastics posted:

i say swears online posted:

yeah those sound incredible lol

god DAMMIT

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/gallery/pictures-show-twisted-life-right-26804343
https://twitter.com/FioDeer/status/1654133611308761088/photo/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

quote:

Vaughn Dolphin filmed himself in a gas mask surrounded by a choking cloud of smoke, after attempting to blend a blast mixture in a saucepan, on a domestic hob.

Bragging afterwards about causing an “awesome fireball” in a series of selfie videos, later posted into extreme far-right chatrooms, he complained: “Ah the bastard f****** mixture set itself prematurely, oh my God”, then quipped: “Next time I’ll do this outside, but, ah well, you live and learn.”
they're not sending their best