Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

DaysBefore posted:

Congrats on the kids lobster shirt

thank you but my baby was born like six months ago almost (wow time flies)

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I finally got a picture of the cardinal couple that comes to my kitchen window

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Nice!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Spanish Manlove posted:

Beautiful! Cardinals have some of the best calls. Love hearing these little guys.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

My new vape is getting delivered today but perhaps I should keep smoking instead. Much easier to gaslight my boss by flicking cigarette butts at him. Much to consider

lobster shirt posted:

thank you but my baby was born like six months ago almost (wow time flies)

Oh well in that case I take it back

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

Very cool

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I've been trying to get a picture of them for a while but they're very skittish compared to the squirrels that don't give a gently caress, or the crows that are too big and keep knocking the feeder off the window.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
make friends with crows, tho

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cranappleberry posted:

make friends with crows, tho

I tried when I see one when taking my dog on a walk but they just get into arguments with me where we have a vaudeville fight as they caw, I ask what's up, caw, want shiny?, Caw, take shiny, caw, just take the shiny, caw fly away from the top of my mailbox

I did see one crow in an open garbage can flinging stuff out of it for a couple other crows. They've also learned that cars will stop for them so they casually walk out into the street for stuff and just stare you down when you're driving straight towards them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
you always want to make friends with the crows, because they remember you. you don't want antagonistic crows

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

That reminds me of a study I saw about crows in traffic. They found that crows that were run over were overwhelmingly hit by trucks. Best guess is that crows can warn one another about caws, but not trucks.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ban + 30

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lotta great birds in my yard this year. had a pair of geese with a clutch of goslings like 14 strong. parents of the year

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Marcade posted:

They found that crows that were run over were overwhelmingly hit by trucks.

lol at this sentence out of context

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

copy posted:

lotta great birds in my yard this year. had a pair of geese with a clutch of goslings like 14 strong. parents of the year

Hell yeah look at those honkers

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

copy posted:

Sorry about losing your yard :(

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

ah man Canadian geese too, those are the most miserable fuckers

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

crows are bad rear end

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

thought of something badass. what if there was a guy who had a pet crow he talked to. and the guys name was crow

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

thought of something badass. what if there was a guy who had a pet crow he talked to. and the guys name was crow

drat...

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

I need to get some pictures of the lizards that started showing up around outside my place a few years ago. I still don't understand why Ohio has lizards, but they're apparently doing quite well.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

copy posted:

cool but also terrifying

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

same

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

copy posted:

this rules. keep those goslings safe 🙏

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
the advice i got for canada geese working with an ornithologist was to counterintuitively look them in the eye and face your body toward them as you pass. for swans, she said nothing works

Spanish Manlove posted:

hell yes

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

my cat has had many a stern talking to about the need to NOT gently caress with ravens.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

the advice i got for canada geese working with an ornithologist was to counterintuitively look them in the eye and face your body toward them as you pass. for swans, she said nothing works

(Not an ornithologist) Swans are nice and their babies are adorable and if you get them used to you feeding them, they'll bring their babies for you to look at (and feed). That said, God himself can't help you if one of them gets pissed off at you, swans are like horrifying horror movie things that start out adorable and friendly and then BAM they decide you need to die.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Prague swans are the most ill tempered bastards i love them. i saw one attacking a paddle boat full of tourists once and it was awesome.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Prague swans are the most ill tempered bastards i love them. i saw one attacking a paddle boat full of tourists once and it was awesome.

they deserved it

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

NoiseAnnoys posted:

is the boat okay?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Famethrowa posted:

they deserved it

reported for bloodlust

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

pog boyfriend posted:

is the boat okay?

sadly yes, i imagine. one of the tourists dropped a beer in the vltava which is the greater loss.

i want to train the swans to attack those dumb motorized scooters. then the revolution will finally happen.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

pog boyfriend posted:

is the boat okay?

The boat is fine, but a beer is spilled. The boat is fine.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

my mom says boats have human emotions and complex motivations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

swans in the Commonweal books are deeply amusing. they were weaponised by rogue magicians millenia ago and they are the size of rhinocerouses

unrelated, all the Shadowrun games just showed up on gamepass. do not play shadowrun returns but do play dragonfall and hong kong