Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

Is Silver Wolf confirmed to come first before Luocha? I thought it's still unconfirmed

officially all we know is that 1.1 will contain Silver Wolf and Luocha as 5* and also Yukong as the new 4*

currently, the order as leaked is SW first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

With Erudition chars, I feel that part of the problem is that the 4* Erudition cones are all dogwater outside of the battle pass one. Kind of hamstrings the class which already has some issues. However I've got an E2 Himeko so I'm going to try and force her to work for a while, especially since I picked up said bp cone.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Other than Qingque who is just weird by any metric, Erudition talents, skills, and lightcones all seem to be designed around an ideal use-case where you are fighting an unending swarm of very weak enemies, which is something that only really shows up when grinding Calyxes. Even on boss fights where you get a lot of adds, they're like, okay? But not so amazing that you feel like you'd regret not leveling one. Plenty of other classes get situational AOE anyway.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I can relate, I just pulled my third Yang on pity this morning.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Clarste posted:

And March 7th.

Well I mean that's almost a year away, not gonna plan out my rolls that far ahead!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Meowywitch posted:

Destruction is a very odd category imo

especially in the blessings, at times feels like Preservation since its also tanky
i guess Destruction are suppose to be bruisers.

The only reason Himiko as an Erudition works and just barely passes is because of her free follow up for every 3/ breaks

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 9, 2023

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

So uh last time in SU3-1 I managed to get a 42k Svarog ult crit counter, right?

I just hit 135k in a single counter in SU3-2, right after a 75k counter lmao

Gepard didn't know what the gently caress hit him, what a blessed run with all 3 Elation 3* buffs.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 9, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

why does his counter get so high?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Endorph posted:

Correct.

Also Tingyun and Sushang will both be on rateup on Jing Yuan's banner, so.

Aww that sucks. 4* that I definitely want, but I don't really care about Jing

Probably just gonna pass there

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GateOfD posted:

why does his counter get so high?

Elation buffs follow-up attacks, and Clara counters count as follow-ups.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Also with the right buffs your follow-up attacks will generate their own follow-up attacks and they all count towards the damage counter. I must have procced a bunch and they all crit or something.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Now I can't quite decide if I should level Natasha or keep using Bailu. Natasha is at Eidolon 3, but Bailu can sort of just heal through debuffs.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

This is the current roster. I'm very happy with my top hitters (Seele, Qingque and Serval in particular), but it's also a lot of power concentrated in quantum and lightning, one of those being a healer with no damage output.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

There are some debuffs you absolutely have to cleanse like mind control. And you'll eventually need two teams for abyss anyway.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think it's weird as gently caress to not use the MC in this game.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Eimi posted:

There are some debuffs you absolutely have to cleanse like mind control. And you'll eventually need two teams for abyss anyway.

Yeah, the question now is which of the Lvl. 20s I might want to elevate. Tasha is one, but both Sampo and Hook are pieces of poo poo that are fun to have around. Ideally it's just "all of them", but that takes time.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

lol, my 5* on the Seele banner was a 2nd Clara

time to save for Jing Yuan I guess

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

mihoyo really wants cosplayers to suffer with the very elaborate detailed costumes and clothes of these characters

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

jokes posted:

I think it's weird as gently caress to not use the MC in this game.

I think so too, but I felt that way about Traveler early on in Genshin and got over it later, so I assume I will when I have better options here too. Though tbf I like the protag here way better than in Genshin. And the protag's stronger here too I guess.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh boy this curio seems abusable

400 Cosmic Fragments and counting...

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Black Griffon posted:

Yeah, the question now is which of the Lvl. 20s I might want to elevate. Tasha is one, but both Sampo and Hook are pieces of poo poo that are fun to have around. Ideally it's just "all of them", but that takes time.

We're like additive inverses. My Asta is wondering when I'll bring her up past level 30, but my Sampo and Hook are both L60.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Meowywitch posted:

Oh boy this curio seems abusable

400 Cosmic Fragments and counting...

It's good, but enhancing blessings with that money is usually much more powerful unless you've had poo poo luck with pulling blessings.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Cynic Jester posted:

It's good, but enhancing blessings with that money is usually much more powerful unless you've had poo poo luck with pulling blessings.

Yeah, I was gonna say, it's always been underwhelming to me because I'm always hitting the "enhance 2 blessing" button as soon as I see Herta.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I think I've built my fire protag wrong because she doesn't do great damage and her shield amount is not huge. What mainstats should I be focusing on for her?

She's OK, but I really only use her for fire reactions because my normal Seele and Pela and Sushang put out way, way more damage. I'm like TB lvl 39 and everyone is level 50 if that matters.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Buffing DEF is good since their shields scale off it and after getting their first eidolon, every attack has a portion of its damage scale off both ATK and DEF. Their first major trace casts a party DEF buff on taunt usage and there's a relic set that boosts shields.

That said compared to other Preservation units, their shields will always be small since their gimmick is casting one partywide on every action through their talent rather than by a dedicated skill or ultimate.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Hi fellow Trailblazers. Do we have a Goon friends list going around? I'd love to add some people (even if I'm not sure of its advantages yet).

And, where can I see my pity rate on a banner? I can't seem to locate it, but maybe its these old eyes.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
My MC has 2400 defense or so plus taunt and group shields and takes so much heat from the rest of the party. Gonna be hard to replace for a while I think. He's soloed the last few portions of some high-tier SU bosses.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I think effect hit % is decently important on FireMc to get the taunts to stick on higher level stuff

but not enough to mainstat a peice with it imo

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Does the mirror lady on the Astral Express ever sell 5* light cones? Or should I bite the bullet and spend her currency on some 4*s that look useful?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Saw this as a thread on reddit and thought it was a fun discussion so I'll ask here:

What's your music of choice to use for the Express?

So far mine is absolutely Space Walk. Such a chill vibe.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Hi fellow Trailblazers. Do we have a Goon friends list going around? I'd love to add some people (even if I'm not sure of its advantages yet).

And, where can I see my pity rate on a banner? I can't seem to locate it, but maybe its these old eyes.

this is what's on there so far. i added everyone on here that signed up
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nl-BKKPVO0BkBIi__H6wOISoQFJhULMSuSKPyZg7fSA/edit#gid=0

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Is https://www.prydwen.gg still recommended for builds? I've noticed it is giving some weird recommendations (like saying Bailu should use Musketeer of Wild Wheat instead of Passerby of Wandering Cloud for relic)

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Motto posted:

Buffing DEF is good since their shields scale off it and after getting their first eidolon, every attack has a portion of its damage scale off both ATK and DEF. Their first major trace casts a party DEF buff on taunt usage and there's a relic set that boosts shields.

That said compared to other Preservation units, their shields will always be small since their gimmick is casting one partywide on every action through their talent rather than by a dedicated skill or ultimate.

Thanks, I'll have to retool her and see how it goes. I had pretty much everything in attack from back when she was in destruction so that is probably the problem. She had like 1300 atk but was still doing pretty garbage damage. I just swapped to a bunch of defense trinkets and I'll toss some levels on them and see if that seems better.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Excelzior posted:

isn't it Jing Yuan in a week? for 3 weeks, and THEN Silver Wolf?

Right for some reason it feels like 1.0 ends this week but its the same cycle as Genshin. Its Genshin that should be having the next patch stream Friday and then Honkai Star Rail gets its first of those in a couple weeks after that I figure.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Saw this as a thread on reddit and thought it was a fun discussion so I'll ask here:

What's your music of choice to use for the Express?

So far mine is absolutely Space Walk. Such a chill vibe.

Wildfire (the theme from the ice planet boss fight)

it starts out quiet but it goes hard

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

GateOfD posted:

this is what's on there so far. i added everyone on here that signed up
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nl-BKKPVO0BkBIi__H6wOISoQFJhULMSuSKPyZg7fSA/edit#gid=0

thanks!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Substandard posted:

I think I've built my fire protag wrong because she doesn't do great damage and her shield amount is not huge. What mainstats should I be focusing on for her?

She's OK, but I really only use her for fire reactions because my normal Seele and Pela and Sushang put out way, way more damage. I'm like TB lvl 39 and everyone is level 50 if that matters.

The point of fire mc is to basically keep your team alive in a lot of ways with just 1 skill point. Her shields are small, but they refresh for basically free every turn, and are under the 15% damage reduction for anyone that gets past MC.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

DontMindMe posted:

Is https://www.prydwen.gg still recommended for builds? I've noticed it is giving some weird recommendations (like saying Bailu should use Musketeer of Wild Wheat instead of Passerby of Wandering Cloud for relic)

Thats an interesting choice there. Maybe they’re valuing the speed boost over the outgoing healing for some reason ?

Most of their suggestions do seem reasonable though and I’ve been going with them just for a lack of other good resources

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Thats an interesting choice there. Maybe they’re valuing the speed boost over the outgoing healing for some reason ?

Most of their suggestions do seem reasonable though and I’ve been going with them just for a lack of other good resources

The speed boost is useful for pushing characters above 120 until you can get orange speed boots of the correct set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Of course I keep losing World 4 until I start stacking Hunt again and then bewm

e: what battle pass Light Cone is the best one? I'm miss choice paralysis over here

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 9, 2023