Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

fartknocker posted:

Also gently caress the Chicago Blackhawks, they don’t deserve anything good.

It was reported last night they made more money in season ticket sales in the 90 minutes after they won the lottery ($2.5 million) than they were fined for their whole sexual abuse coverup ($2 million).

Bleh.

The Chicago AM1000 (local sports) is a poverty station that has been banging the drums for the Hawks for a while. When Bobby Hull died they did a 3 hour 100% non critical talk circuit about him. Bobby fuckin Hull. The sex abuse is another angle of the same poo poo sandwich.

The sex abuse alone is reason enough to hate the Blackhawks. The rest of the poo poo they regularly engage in is not considerably better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

a sexual elk posted:

I’m super scared cause I have native onions all over my yard in SoCal, but there’s a copycat that is super poisonous, same looking leaves and all

Death Camas look similar but you can tell them apart pretty easily if you just learn what the differences are. The easiest one is that onions smell like onions, and death camas don't, at all. It also tastes bitter, doesn't have the brown wrap around the bulb, and has different flowers, but the smell thing is an easy one to rely on... just only eat onions that smell like onions.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Multiple NHL teams did lesser things and got their 1st round picks stripped, yet sexually abusing one of their own players and covering it up is a nothingburger according to the league.

After Chicago got announced, the ESPN talking heads were saying how he gets to play for a great sports city, and that it's great for the sport that he gets to be with a team with such a storied history, etc. and it's so loving gross.

Hot Diggity! posted:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2023/05/08/tampa-city-council-member-lynn-hurtaks-home-searched-by-fbi/

FBI aren't saying why and wouldn't share the warrant with the Tampa Bay Times, so it's up in the air.

This feels weirdly targeted, if Tim Burke is talking to the press afterwards it means they didn't find anything arrest worthy.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The blackhawks had a decade of sexual abuse? What happened? Are they the Catholic Church wtf?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The blackhawks had a decade of sexual abuse? What happened? Are they the Catholic Church wtf?

Content warning as it contains details of sexual assault:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/32502466/chicago-blackhawks-sexual-assault-case-latest-updates-know-next

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Oh buddy

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
IN A LIGHTER NOTE:

Happy World Piccolo Day folks! :goku:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

seiferguy posted:

Multiple NHL teams did lesser things and got their 1st round picks stripped, yet sexually abusing one of their own players and covering it up is a nothingburger according to the league.

After Chicago got announced, the ESPN talking heads were saying how he gets to play for a great sports city, and that it's great for the sport that he gets to be with a team with such a storied history, etc. and it's so loving gross.

ESPN also hosed up the lottery show and announced Columbus had fallen to the 3rd pick before going to commercial, when the card was actually shown after they came back. People in the NHL thread were already seeing what was coming.

Yes.

It’s also why a second name got X’d out on the Cup.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I gave up on the Blackhawks after the investigations. gently caress them, I don’t need to watch hockey. They somehow got worse than the dollar bill years.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It’s hard to be a parent when you are battling mental Illness. It’s like playing a video game with one hand off the controller all the time

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

It’s hard to be a parent when you are battling mental Illness. It’s like playing a video game with one hand off the controller all the time

Yeah it seems awful. You have a poo poo job and a small kid. You said that you haven’t had a fun weekend since like 2019?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Pron on VHS posted:

It's hard enough for me to take care of two dogs, so I can't imagine how tough it is to have kids while going through that. Mental illness sucks!!

It's also why I don't plan to ever have any kids, as kawaii as they are..

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Pron on VHS posted:

There is support out there! I hope you can get connected to it in your area

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Pron on VHS posted:

:smith:

Sorry man, good vibes your way.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

What's Bothering BJOT's Boomer Coworkers Today:
Our company does not put flags at half-mast, a precedent set by the nearby school and other government buildings in town. If you're not going to take the time to properly adjust the flag you do not deserve to fly it.

He was heated enough about it that there were multiple fucks included in the rant.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Our company does not put flags at half-mast, a precedent set by the nearby school and other government buildings in town. If you're not going to take the time to properly adjust the flag you do not deserve to fly it.

He was heated enough about it that there were multiple fucks included in the rant.

Nationalism is so loving stupid.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Probably easier to just keep it at half mast instead of raising and lowering it every other week when there’s a new tragedy.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Why even go half mast? Full boner the flag, all day every day. Real Americans don't flinch. :911:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

A new 40k obsession will help, there's something in there that will tell you how to raise a kid. Maybe not the kid you want, but life isn't perfect.

(good luck, I have no meaningful advice here other than sending you good vibes)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pron on VHS posted:

If it helps at all, you’re far from the only one, so don’t feel like you’re all alone. Parenting is tough as hell. Vent if you need to here, we’re glad to listen. :hfive:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Why even go half mast? Full boner the flag, all day every day. Real Americans don't flinch. :911:

The really funny part is the reason he brought it up this time (apparently this has bugged him for quite a while) is the inciting incident was a cop getting killed. He was fine silently stewing for everything else, including when two kids from the high school across the street died in a car accident earlier this year, but now that we've crossed the line into cop disrespect it is TOO FAR.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Trying to update my resume so I can find a new job, and I'm having trouble figuring out what to put down for the list of responsibilities on the job I'm doing now.

Like, everyone always says to highlight your "achievements" on these things and I don't fuckin HAVE any achievements, I've been sucking rear end at this job since day one.

Like,

Summary of Achievements:
• Showed up.
• Wasn't fired for criminal behavior.

Seriously, how the gently caress do I polish this turd?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Please tell your boomer coworker this and film the resulting aneurysm, BJOT

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Flag poo poo is so weird to me. Pure idolatry. Oddly from a heavily evangelical subset.

I did enjoy all the upside down flags in my neighborhood on indictment day. A real rear end in a top hat litmus test.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I. M. Gei posted:

Trying to update my resume so I can find a new job, and I'm having trouble figuring out what to put down for the list of responsibilities on the job I'm doing now.

Like, everyone always says to highlight your "achievements" on these things and I don't fuckin HAVE any achievements, I've been sucking rear end at this job since day one.

Like,

Summary of Achievements:
• Showed up.

You’re working with trees, right? Did you do any of the below? Mix and match as necessary.

Advise clients on tree varieties, maintenance, and soil and space requirements

Plant new trees and transplant young trees (backfill, stake, water, mulch)

Test, monitor, and maintain soil conditions

Inspect trees and shrubs for damage, disease, pests, and risks

Assess tree size, age, and value

Repair damaged trees and treat diseased trees
Identify hazardous trees and make recommendations for removal

Trim tree branches and prune tree limbs

Remove dead, damaged, hazardous, and unneeded trees

Provide stump grinding as needed

Apply fertilizer and pesticide as needed

Follow occupational health and safety rules

Load and unload tools and equipment from work vehicles

Prepare cost estimates and project budgets

Coordinate service with customers and handle complaints professionally

Accurately log billable hours using a time tracking app

Manage job details, review daily tasks, and follow up with customers using our tree care app

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Multiple questions asked and answered to the clients satisfaction.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Blowjob Overtime posted:

:lol:

My chud family ranted at Easter about how "they'll just put it at half mast for anything nowadays" implying that Biden was personally manipulating it or something

Someone upthread joked that I should spend time with my mother instead of playing Zelda over the weekend but between that and then refusing to eat somewhere outdoors instead of an indoor Mother's Day banquet yeah no lol

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

My parents told me that anti-trans legislation is feminist because “trannies are basically doing blackface” :shepicide:

I shut that poo poo down really quickly. The Murdochs should be tried at The Hague.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Being a parent is awesome, except for all the ways in which it sucks rear end. Then again you easily invert the framing on that statement.

I. M. Gei posted:

Like,

Summary of Achievements:
• Showed up.

While you shouldn't outright lie on a resume, you can absolutely get away with a lot of embellishment.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Salute the freak flag and do a bass solo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak9xl0_-l0

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I don’t know anything about hockey except Admiral’s Games are fun, but my friend and I made a pact to be Wild fans, because the NHL is stupid and gave loving Florida where ice doesn’t even exist naturally a team instead of Wisconsin, and geographically we’re way closer to Chicago or Detroit but gently caress the Blackhawks and lol at becoming a Detroit fan etc etc

CannonFodder posted:

Make a BLT with tomatoes from your own garden and wonder why you haven't been doing that every year. Then you will do that every year.

We are planning on this year but a few steps further. Not only are our tomato starters sprouting rapidly, we’re going to be planting lettuce, and in addition to homemade Mayo (everyone should do this instead of buying it IMO) the baker GF is going to make a sourdough loaf, and I’m going to cure and smoke a pork belly for bacon, so we can have as close to a fully homemade BLT as we can get. :discourse:

I. M. Gei posted:

Like,

Summary of Achievements:
• Showed up.

I don’t have any achievements :shrug: I just spiff up stuff I do on a daily basis and make it sound cool. At the end of the day most prospective employers probably would like to see what tasks your capable of doing rather than being Employee of the Month September 2018

E: Also I just tried to buy a replacement HEPA filter for the air purifier in the living room and lmao that shits $60 so it got hucked in the bath tub and hosed down because uh-uh

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

My parents told me that anti-trans legislation is feminist because “trannies are basically doing blackface” :shepicide:

I shut that poo poo down really quickly. The Murdochs should be tried at The Hague.

Next week we are going to my wife's brother's wedding. I won't say anything about their politics, but its in rural western PA, the father of the bride is a prison guard, and the wedding was scheduled to be after her younger brother finished basic training whichbhe signed up for as young as legally possible in high school.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Next week we are going to my wife's brother's wedding. I won't say anything about their politics, but its in rural western PA, the father of the bride is a prison guard, and the wedding was scheduled to be after her younger brother finished basic training whichbhe signed up for as young as legally possible in high school.

Peace be with ye

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

T-Square posted:

homemade Mayo (everyone should do this instead of buying it IMO)

Correct.

T-Square posted:

so we can have as close to a fully homemade BLT as we can get. :discourse:

You will not be disappointed. We don't have a vegetable garden, but do go to the farmer's market all summer. Farmer's market heirloom tomato and lettuce with everything else homemade, that bad boy is the perfect way to send off the summer.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
IM GEI - look up your job on indeed, or a job just like it, and read those requirements. See if that matches what you do now.

Re-write your resume to basically brag about how good you are at accomplishing those requirements, just re-word it. Or LINKED IN and look at peers for their list of poo poo.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Homegrown tomatoes are so dang tasty

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

So will it be a casual wedding where you wear the white Troy Polamalu jersey, or a more formal one where you need the black Polamalu jersey?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

UF Tebow jersey

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

LeeMajors posted:

UF Tebow jersey

I’d think a Tebow jersey wouldn’t go over that well in Western PA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

fartknocker posted:

I’d think a Tebow jersey wouldn’t go over that well in Western PA.

Evangelicals baybeeeeee

E: lol I totally forgot his one good playoff pass was against the Steelers.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 9, 2023