Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Jail!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Von Linus posted:

How's the performance on it for anyone whohas it?

I've read that the world is more complex and the game somehow runs better than BOTW.

Must have been nice to have all those years to optimize the engine.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i hope tingle is in this one

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hedrigall posted:

Nahhh I like to start games on my big tv then move to handheld after a few days. Really wanna soak in the visuals on a big screen first

I specifically bought a 60" tv for BoTW

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Motherfuckin' two more sleeps till Zelda Tears of the Kingdom

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I specifically bought a 60" tv for BoTW

When I played BotW I was still at university and had a 23" gaming monitor, can't wait to play TotK on my big-rear end OLED now

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

[cries in Switch Lite]

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The Switch that does not, in fact, switch

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Maroon Hawk posted:

The Switch that does not, in fact, switch

i mean

it switches on

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/ask-the-developer-vol-9-the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-part-2/

quote:

Aonuma: Well, simply put, "hands" expresses the idea of "connecting." This applies to the story too, which connects to Hyrule's past. It also talks about a major struggle called "The Imprisoning War," which until now was considered a myth even in Hyrule.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

This many days left.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Legend of Zelda: Imprisoned Deez

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

The Maroon Hawk posted:

"hands" expresses the idea of "connecting."

Wow, wasn't expecting TOTK to be a strand game.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I’d noticed that the last trailer ends with the logo over a depiction of Ganondorf leading an army into battle, so I guess this explains that

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
None of the stuff Nintento seems to be making GBS threads bricks over is going to cost them 1 sale of ToTK. It's going to sell trillions of copies, why are they so far up their own rear end lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I've been playing the game and won't be playing on Switch but still buying a copy. This way if I ever get into hosed up drugs in the future I have sealed Switch games to sell that aren't stolen but the pawn shop person will assume they were but they don't care, plus they're really ripping me off I could've gotten more selling online

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

mcmagic posted:

None of the stuff Nintento seems to be making GBS threads bricks over is going to cost them 1 sale of ToTK. It's going to sell trillions of copies, why are they so far up their own rear end lol

I don’t understand this viewpoint at all haha. I don’t care if people pirate software made by some megacorp but the whining when said megacorp takes action is so pathetic. And anybody who thinks that they aren’t losing sales as a result of people pirating their poo poo weeks before it comes out is kidding themselves. Of course I don’t think you sincerely believe your argument, or anything, but still.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

mcmagic posted:

They have teams of people with degrees performing risk analysis. Too bad they didn't consider the unproven opinion of an anonymous poster from the something awful forums. lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I don’t understand this viewpoint at all haha. I don’t care if people pirate software made by some megacorp but the whining when said megacorp takes action is so pathetic. And anybody who thinks that they aren’t losing sales as a result of people pirating their poo poo weeks before it comes out is kidding themselves. Of course I don’t think you sincerely believe your argument, or anything, but still.

Whining about people doing what they should be freely allowed to do is always gonna be weirder.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

RVWinkle posted:

They have teams of people with degrees performing risk analysis. Too bad they didn't consider the unproven opinion of an anonymous poster from the something awful forums. lol

Yeah man. Giant corporations always do the perfect thing that they should be doing based on their always right risk analysis.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Hey what if Link actually gets a saxophone in this one?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

superjew posted:

Hey what if Link actually gets a saxophone in this one?

I loving hope we get a musical instrument of some sort

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I hope I get to hold hands with Sidon.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Khanstant posted:

Whining about people doing what they should be freely allowed to do is always gonna be weirder.

I’ll refer you back to what I actually said, which is that I don’t care if people pirate games made by giant corporations. It doesn’t effect me in any way at all so I don’t think I’d qualify anything in my post as whining. But thank u for your input

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I’ll refer you back to what I actually said, which is that I don’t care if people pirate games made by giant corporations. It doesn’t effect me in any way at all so I don’t think I’d qualify anything in my post as whining. But thank u for your input

You're whining that people bristle when normal people are negatively impacted by corporate interests. It sucks when corporations do that stuff, no matter how normalized or predictive it is to you.

When something sucks people should say so. What's the point of your input?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

New Zorldo in three days and people are in here bickering about stupid poo poo. smh

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

But Gary Bowser wasn’t just a guy who pirated some video games. He was a professional software pirate who made a living by pirating video games and assisting others in doing so (in exchange for money). He’s not loving Robin Hood.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
So long, Gary Bowser!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Cool so he's a working man providing value to other people, what's your beef?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Oh good, I was hoping some of you dummies would start arguing over corporate intellectual property and whatnot again, thank you so much for this.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I can't believe they appointed him head of Nintendo of America and he paid them back by using his insider access to pirate everything smh smh

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
his name is bowser you say

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I can’t believe Nintendo sent Wario to my house to confiscate my steam deck or whatever. He even punched me with his rear end and made coins come out of me, onto the ground.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Wario farted and made me use Recall on his fart so it stunk up the room twice. Jesus Christ.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I hope the skull hammer is back in this one. Or the ball and chain. Both excellent weapons

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I wouldn’t mind seeing the whip return, riding my horse and whipping enemies sounds badass

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I hope all the Zelda 1 bosses are back, even Aquamentus.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

DalaranJ posted:

Wow, wasn't expecting TOTK to be a strand game.

lmfao it really is. how the hell does Kojima keep doing this?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I wouldn’t mind seeing the whip return, riding my horse and whipping enemies sounds badass

That sounds sweet yeah. I’m assuming that’s from one of the really early games because I don’t remember a whip from any of the ones I’ve played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Skyward Sword had a whip and it was a lot of fun