Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shageletic posted:

Yeah im not going to see the entirety if the Chucky franchise. I might check that out but I guess it's just a series of slasher kills which def doesn't sound appetizing?

They’re really fun and funny and a lot better quality wise than most slashers. I say this as a huge slasher fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Yeah im not going to see the entirety if the Chucky franchise. I might check that out but I guess it's just a series of slasher kills which def doesn't sound appetizing?

Missing out

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I've stalled out on watching child's play 3 because everyone says it's the worst by far but it sounds like I really have to power through. The first two are seriously awesome.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Eh it’s not that bad first off but I’d just watch the dead meat recap or something. It hasn’t really come up at all In the series yet.

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014

Shageletic posted:

Yes and no! While the Kill Counts are, counts of the kills in horror movies, the host James, summarizes the movies and gives bits of trivia as well. It's honestly a great way to catch up, especially in cases like this. Plus, he is a cool dude in general! Here is a link to the playlist of the chucky ones https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INo8_xMA3tQ

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Lol that amazon gave the Russo bros 300 million dollars for their bland tired shtick. Literally hadn't heard of it outside of reading this thread rn
The Russo Brothers are system quarterbacks directors

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I watched the first two episodes of Silo on Apple last night. While some elements have been changed from the first book, it's definitely faithful overall, especially in tone. Hope it gets the audience it deserves to get a second season. I read an interview with the author of the books who is involved with the show, and it sounds like the first season doesn't cover all of book one. My complete guess based on my reading of the books is that the season ends with Juliette leaving the silo for her cleaning with her new and improved hazard suit, and discovers the second abandoned silo.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Nihonniboku posted:

I watched the first two episodes of Silo on Apple last night. While some elements have been changed from the first book, it's definitely faithful overall, especially in tone. Hope it gets the audience it deserves to get a second season. I read an interview with the author of the books who is involved with the show, and it sounds like the first season doesn't cover all of book one. My complete guess based on my reading of the books is that the season ends with Juliette leaving the silo for her cleaning with her new and improved hazard suit, and discovers the second abandoned silo.

I tend to agree and people who are invested in the show but don't know the books are going to be PISSED at the cliffhanger

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Glottis posted:

I tend to agree and people who are invested in the show but don't know the books are going to be PISSED at the cliffhanger

I did just read in the Silo thread that season 2 is in production, so anything regarding a cliffhanger with her discovering the other silo won't feel as terrible if they didn't already have the news that season 2 was indeed coming.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Isn't this show just Fallout but less fun?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

No?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

magiccarpet posted:

Isn't this show just Fallout but less fun?

Not in the slightest

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

thatfuturekid posted:

Weekend watch report:

Chucky S2 - Really good! Just constantly impressed with how good the show turned out.
Infinity Pool - Good, not quite great. Last bit of the film kind of felt flat compared to the start.
Don't Breathe 2 - Not great. Even looking past the crazy premise, it just felt mostly silly and dumb but not in a super enjoyable way.

*EDIT: This is not the horror thread lol

The premise of Don't Breathe 2 is so loving wild. I'm still amazed that they went with that idea. How far can we stretch the concept of an anti-hero??

Edit: The movie is really crummy though. Not even the wild setup can carry it.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I did read Wool many years ago. It was ok, but I had zero desire to read any of the other books. It was like I had enough of that story. Every time I've seen the trailer for Silo I feel the same way. Still I might give it a try once all the episodes are out.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I take it from those who have read Silo that the payoff is worth it? Or is it less mystery box and just a good ride?

I’ll need to read some cliff notes for the show because I already forgot why ‘cleaning’ was a big deal when someone went outside.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I take it from those who have read Silo that the payoff is worth it? Or is it less mystery box and just a good ride?

I’ll need to read some cliff notes for the show because I already forgot why ‘cleaning’ was a big deal when someone went outside.

Yeah, I enjoyed it as an easy fun read, along the lines of The Expanse. They do a good job fleshing out the world, and they explain everything from what I remember. As long as they mostly follow the books, the show shouldn't have any major issues with a mystery box.

The only thing they might have to switch up, or at least reveal right away is from the second book Shift we follow seemingly two different characters in two separately distant timelines, only for it to be revealed that they are the same person.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I thought it was a good ride, personally. It definitely is a mystery box but in this case the whole thing has already been written and it's enjoyable, so I wouldn't expect any Lost-style adding new poo poo to stretch it out without a resolution in mind.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The Silo books were a mystery box and I regret every moment that I spent reading them but that's not to say the show will be one or that it's a spoiler for the show, lots of adaptations go in very different directions from their source material

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Really enjoyed the first two eps of Silo as someone who didn't even know the books existed. It's major Expanse S1 vibes following a murder mystery that I take it similarly just goes off the rails into a much bigger thing.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

New season of the Great American Baking Show is pretty good. It's better than the last British season.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Tokelau All Star posted:

New season of the Great American Baking Show is pretty good. It's better than the last British season.

Elie Kemper (co-host) was just on Andy Cohen promoting it with judge Prue. It also features Paul Hollywood and Zach Cherry from Succession.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Tokelau All Star posted:

Where can I stream this?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Rad Valtar posted:

Where can I stream this?

The Roku Channel

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Season 2 of Sweet Tooth is worse than the first one.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I think we had discussed this possibility a few months ago (and I know it's basically like this already outside of the US), but D+ is going to merge, D+/Hulu/E+ into a single app.

I'm down for it to be honest in terms of UX, but I know it's probably going to come with a price increased.

https://gizmodo.com/disney-hulu-espn-streaming-services-bob-iger-1850426001

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

BonoMan posted:

I think we had discussed this possibility a few months ago (and I know it's basically like this already outside of the US), but D+ is going to merge, D+/Hulu/E+ into a single app.

I'm down for it to be honest in terms of UX, but I know it's probably going to come with a price increased.

https://gizmodo.com/disney-hulu-espn-streaming-services-bob-iger-1850426001

Apparently you won’t be required to get the bundle:

quote:

Iger noted that the standalone subscription options will still remain available.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

david_a posted:

Apparently you won’t be required to get the bundle:

Huh that feels like a.... Good for the consumer move? Wonder what the catch will be.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Shageletic posted:

Totally understandable but I will say that Child's Play 1 and 2 are legit good and super fun, Child's Play 2 is loving awesome and worth a watch even if you don't see the original (but it rules that they've had one single continuity across them all and the series).

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Alone at night was… something

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I was having issues with Disney+ and Hulu that had me getting hit with incorrect password prompts all the time until I discovered that despite the fact they're on different domains, they share the same password. It's probably better if they merge.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

TOOT BOOT posted:

I was having issues with Disney+ and Hulu that had me getting hit with incorrect password prompts all the time until I discovered that despite the fact they're on different domains, they share the same password. It's probably better if they merge.

That poo poo fucks me up constantly.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

TOOT BOOT posted:

Your Disney login works across all their stuff. So the credentials for Disney+ would work on Hulu, ESPN, abc.go.com, Disneyworld.com, Disneyland.com etc.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

When the heck did streaming rentals go from 5 to six bucks to 20 to rent 25 to own does this work at all?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Upsidads posted:

When the heck did streaming rentals go from 5 to six bucks to 20 to rent 25 to own does this work at all?

When they started releasing movies super early or direct to streaming during the pandemic. I’m pretty sure it’s only for new releases

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Oh good I wanted to rent dnd and I was a five dollar diff to own and we'll both too spicy for trash I'll watch twice

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Yeah generally "still in theaters" dual release stuff is $20. Normal rentals are still in the .99c - $5.99 range

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I found it easier just to buy a physical copy of 1995’s hit comedy Major Payne instead of renting it every other month

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I’m just gonna get the blu ray of dnd without having seen it lol

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s fun! Maybe not $20 fun, but $10-$15 fun for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

close enough