Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

i vomit kittens posted:

i have a hardcore right wing/prepper uncle (barn fully loaded with guns and ammo type) who suffered a head injury a few years back and for a while afterwards woke up every day thinking obama had just been elected lmfao
Your uncle has Anthony Cumia Syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

When Uncle Prep woke up one morning from unsettling dreams, he found that the dastardly obama had been elected

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i vomit kittens posted:

i have a hardcore right wing/prepper uncle (barn fully loaded with guns and ammo type) who suffered a head injury a few years back and for a while afterwards woke up every day thinking obama had just been elected lmfao

50 First Hate Crimes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

50 First Hate Crimes

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

i vomit kittens posted:

Lol

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

50 First Hate Crimes

50 First Hates

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

in order to do death wish posting you should aim for subtlety, humor, or some combination thereof

i, too, wish elon would get to the final split of the lowtax speedrun

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

elon musk is a cspam lurker

impossible, he would have made a very direct and obvious reference by now. he's too vain to not

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

50 First Hate Crimes

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Forrest on Fire posted:

50 First Hates

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

none of them can communicate in the slightest. their tone is never appropriate, they respond to posts with unrelated tangents, and in general their choice of words is bizarre

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Eight-Six posted:

impossible, he would have made a very direct and obvious reference by now. he's too vain to not

he repeatedly quotes greenwald

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

euphronius posted:

he repeatedly quotes greenwald

concerning

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I heard Glenn’s husband died of sepsis

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

That DICK! posted:

RIP.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

you can’t marry a truck

You wouldn't download A MARRIED TRUCK!

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

drat, so can we trace what our inciting incident here was based on that? sometime shortly before 05-23-2018

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/23/elon-musk-complains-of-holier-than-thou-hypocrisy-of-media.html

quote:

Musk referred to a research note from Baird analyst Ben Kallo published Wednesday morning, which said the media landscape may have become saturated with "increasingly immaterial" negative reports about Tesla, and that the shares could climb if and when Tesla executes on its goals.

It also comes days after reviewer Consumer Reports decided not to recommend the Tesla Model 3 midsize sedan, after it found the vehicle had the longest stopping distance of any contemporary car it has tested.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I think Musk was hoping that the Twitter files would allow him to filter all the fascist slime through to a reactionary centrist audience but after they were comprehensively disproven he’s decided that it’s easier to just crack open a sewer pipe in the middle of his website

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

That DICK! posted:

Finding out he really did. That loving sucks.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Off topic. However I hope Glenn is ok during this difficult time.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Forrest on Fire posted:

50 First Hates

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
looking at these mortality statistics by age and race is depressing. There's no loving Way Elon's going to suffer an early death at this rate. Unless.....

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

i vomit kittens posted:

lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hailthefish posted:

i, too, wish elon would get to the final split of the lowtax speedrun

DeeplyConcerned posted:

looking at these mortality statistics by age and race is depressing. There's no loving Way Elon's going to suffer an early death at this rate. Unless.....

Concerning.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
It's so sad that Glenn Greenwald's husband died of ligma

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
My favorite prepper was the one where this guy built two houses on a compound and the other family had kids of the opposite gender so they could procreate forever but then the father of the second family shot a gun inside a shack and the first prepper dad got his ears hurt and uninvited the family

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Pattonesque posted:

none of them can communicate in the slightest. their tone is never appropriate, they respond to posts with unrelated tangents, and in general their choice of words is bizarre

always reminds me of this

quote:

Though the site’s authors understood their audience well, there was something off about their writing. The page’s “About” section proclaimed that “Texas’s the land protected by Lord [sic].”

Grammatical and spelling glitches were everywhere: “In Love With Texas Shape,” “State Fair of Texas – Has You Already Visited?,” “Always Be Ready for a Texas Size,” “No Hypoclintos in the God Blessed Texas.”

(Or take this caption for a photo of country music star George Strait: “Life is not breaths you take, but the moments that take your breth [sic] away.”) Yet the typos never seemed to raise any suspicions in readers’ minds.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/democracy-post/wp/2017/10/17/how-the-russians-pretended-to-be-texans-and-texans-believed-them/

In Love With Elon Shape

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh here we go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHOog45llUU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Forrest on Fire posted:

50 First Hates

Lol

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
getting up every morning with the horrible waking realization that they put a dang black mooslim in the white house, that must be what hell feels like for a right wing white guy.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

ed sheeran voice: im in love with the shape of Texas

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I still can't believe how lovely that truck looks. It looks like it belongs in a low budget sci-fi movie. I can't wait to see one on the road and laugh.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Mr. Sharps posted:

ed sheeran voice: im in love with the shape of Texas

Texans really are though. In what other state can you buy a waffle iron shaped like the borders? (Wyoming does not count)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it looks like a mob of teenagers from shop class welded it together from sheet metal.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Texans really are though. In what other state can you buy a waffle iron shaped like the borders? (Wyoming does not count)

Colorado

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
i am slightly afraid of being crushed beneath the massive, deeply stupid self driving weight of a CYBRTRK one day

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
it’s going to rain and a huge piece of sheet metal is going to fly off a CYBRTRK and decapitate me

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

punished milkman posted:

it’s going to rain and a huge piece of sheet metal is going to fly off a CYBRTRK and decapitate me

Concerning

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

moist turtleneck posted:

My favorite prepper was the one where this guy built two houses on a compound and the other family had kids of the opposite gender so they could procreate forever but then the father of the second family shot a gun inside a shack and the first prepper dad got his ears hurt and uninvited the family

Jesus wept.