Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Equeen posted:

You’re posting on a forum that popularized let’s plays lmao

Triticum Guzzler posted:

There's a lot of hosed up and weird people, on this comedy forum website, who do not ever post jokes, do not enjoy jokes or indeed even laughing, and have coined a derogatory term for people who make jokes. They're all missionaries drawn here by the allure of the fertile lands of videos of a severely asthmatic man playing Megaman games, and interesting philosophical quandries posted by the fake PTSD guy about the nature of doors and windows in Dungeons and Dragons. They are wise men here to educate a savage, uneducated, indigenous sort. It is a sonorous, musical form of education; a greasy collective amasses on the front line of the battle against social injustice, the video game subforum on a message board that has a drop down menu that makes light of the holocaust on every single page, and sings a shrill harmony that permeates the very aether, making my pets feel unsafe, when a video game muscle man calls Catwoman a bitch. They have picked their battles well, and I note from my foxhole that I am running out of ammunition, chiefly in the form of the increasingly finite number of ways I can frame this absurd situation with the English language. I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the poo poo out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Equeen posted:

You’re posting on a forum that popularized let’s plays lmao

That is the most significant turning point in SA's history and the people it attracted are the reason there's some site-wide histrionic freak out every 6 months.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Space Camp fuckup posted:

That is the most significant turning point in SA's history and the people it attracted are the reason there's some site-wide histrionic freak out every 6 months.

Unironically true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpcl_P9ZTw

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

cant even watch ppl play video games anymore smh

i search a game i want to see on youtube and its just a million videos of why this game is the worst game or best and lore videos before it even gets to just gameplay

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

something awful is to blame for donald trump, 4chan, vtubers and goatse

2/4 ain't so bad

also mike huckabee

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Popy posted:

cant even watch ppl play video games anymore smh

i search a game i want to see on youtube and its just a million videos of why this game is the worst game or best and lore videos before it even gets to just gameplay

pretty sure youtube now has a live tab on user accounts that splits out streaming content from videos

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Popy posted:

Someone needs to make a video mocking that Vaati guy's style, because I feel like that would have the potential to be funny in the same way as stuff mocking Adam Curtis's style (like that one really funny TrueAnon cold open).

There's just something very amusing to me about making these somber videos about Elden Ring where you reference item descriptions and generally use a tone like you're communicating some great epic. Just imagining the video maker guy logging onto the game and putting on certain armor so he can record himself slow walking through an area and be like "Essex the Wise was a devout follower of the Priesthood of the Fingers - an organization known for their small stature and even smaller fingers"

I don't even particularly dislike that sort of video - I like goofy video game lore as much as anyone else. But it's still pretty funny.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm listening to Red Scare pod, Mid Gala episode. They Broughton the boriqua designer of their dress I guess. Very fashion heavy podcast. Hot takes in episode include: Women hate women more than gays hate women, Elon Musk is a more likable billionaire than Peter Theiel, children's media roundup with Korean fantranslated car robots vs Puerto Rican sesame street characters.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

wow, looks like i've really been missing out

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Elon Musk is merely a very evil and stupid human being as opposed to an immortal demon that lives on human blood so I'd buy that yeah

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

Elon Musk is a more likable billionaire than Peter Theiel,

elon has become so actively stupid and self-immolating in everything he does that this is correct

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

raocow would eat vtubers lunch no problem

The most he has done about that if to affix an image to his broadcasts of a joke character, but otherwise he doesn't seem to have a bone to pick with those.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

elon has become so actively stupid and self-immolating in everything he does that this is correct

Red Scare called it right, if PT just fagged it up a lil bit then his evil demon billionaire schtick would be more palatable. Elon being retarded takes the edge off of his immense power fueled by wealth.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Elon continuously pissing off the bluechecks of pretty funny too

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
he genuinely reads and believes all the same things that his believers do. Peter Thiel is financing the propaganda that Musk is reading and uncritically accepting lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

KirbyKhan posted:

Elon being retarded takes the edge off of his immense power fueled by wealth.

But does it, though?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Thiel hating Musk because Musk is a dingus who thinks just calling things X is cool

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nothus posted:

But does it, though?

it certainly doesn't make it good or ideal but in the specific head to head of who is the more likable billionaire, one of them at least has the entertainment value of failing to listen to anyone that tells him he's wrong about anything and digging himself further into like 10 simultaneous holes as a result.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

KirbyKhan posted:

I'm listening to Red Scare pod,

Gross get it fixed OP

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Ytlaya posted:

Someone needs to make a video mocking that Vaati guy's style, because I feel like that would have the potential to be funny in the same way as stuff mocking Adam Curtis's style (like that one really funny TrueAnon cold open).

There's just something very amusing to me about making these somber videos about Elden Ring where you reference item descriptions and generally use a tone like you're communicating some great epic. Just imagining the video maker guy logging onto the game and putting on certain armor so he can record himself slow walking through an area and be like "Essex the Wise was a devout follower of the Priesthood of the Fingers - an organization known for their small stature and even smaller fingers"

I don't even particularly dislike that sort of video - I like goofy video game lore as much as anyone else. But it's still pretty funny.

I think for a lot of viewers it’s basically filling the role of ASMR for gamers who think ASMR is dumb stuff for girls. or all the content that’s like “I am the French whisperer, and I am going to very quietly tell you a relaxing story to put you to sleep”

got no real opinions on ASMR being good/bad/neutral, just seems like a part of the videos’ appeal

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

love that brace actually got a gong

we love the gong folks let's get gonging

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
brace needs to get a shofar

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

brace needs to get a shofar

ian doesn't have the heritage to even play it correctly

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

need me a liz basketball episode *_*

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

need me a liz basketball episode *_*

i would like the arline episode.

one thing that ive always wondered about airports is who's making all the money managing the giant malls inside them. somebody has got to be "consulting" or w/e on that. ive always assumed it was dick cheney

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

its me, next quesiton

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

she's a sweet ol' lady

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Anyone that has flown in an airplane goes to hell and that's a good thing

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Ytlaya posted:

he doesn't even speak japanese. The source is from a translation of the original item descriptions.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

tokin opposition posted:

Anyone that has flown in an airplane goes to hell and that's a good thing

i once roasted somebodys rear end who was going off about straws while tlaking about their upcoming trip to new york

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

one thing that ive always wondered about airports is who's making all the money managing the giant malls inside them. somebody has got to be "consulting" or w/e on that. ive always assumed it was dick cheney

it’s a giant clusterfuck. airports are extremely massive and require an obscene amount of labor to run. I worked at SFO for several months and it was eye opening seeing behind the curtain. this is why they are usually run by the city with city union staff for O&M. the city ostensibly leases out the space to malls and makes rent on them. they might contract out rental management services, but they can have in-house contracting and OGC departments that do it too. I’m not sure if they lease out whole wings to an outside company and then the outside company individually leases it out. that’s possible

even with rent seeking, they are usually quite subsidized by taxes

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Smythe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdU1WTBJMl0

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Yung chomsky looks exactly like the guys they make fun of in the "city authentic" episodes and I hope it didnt hurt his feelings

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

Yung chomsky looks exactly like the guys they make fun of in the "city authentic" episodes and I hope it didnt hurt his feelings

Hopefully he’s either self-aware enough to laugh it off or unself-aware enough to not even notice. I heard a lot of myself in those episodes and because I’m not self-aware enough to laugh they kind of hurt :(

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

them complaining about austin was very cathartic

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

I would be very surprised to find out that Yung Chomsky doesn't come from a pretty (if not very) well-off background. He reminds me of a lot of the rich younger people I knew in college. I was oblivious to it at the time, but there's just a certain demeanor that seems to be associated with "people who have just been able to freely do whatever they want without needing to stress about things like jobs/money." At the time I just thought "drat these people seem really chill," but later realized that, literally without exception, they all had rich parents. I don't exactly dislike them for it - if anything I envy them for being able to live without the sort of worries/stresses that most people have to deal with. They were generally nice/good people.

There were basically two "categories" of rich (or at least "well-off") younger people - people like the ones I mention above, and the ones who are really into being professionally successful in a field like finance. The latter were actually pretty similar to their middle-class counterparts (only with more success, because they could usually get fancy internships earlier than anyone else); I'd have a hard time telling them apart based off appearance/demeanor alone.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Smythe posted:

Atlanta airport is literally a mafia it owns

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

you literally can't open a hotdog stand unless you pay off a bunch of former local politicians, and they'll still shake down for "fees"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I would be very surprised to find out that Yung Chomsky doesn't come from a pretty (if not very) well-off background. He reminds me of a lot of the rich younger people I knew in college.

there's no way that the bohemian san francisco fashionista dj grew up rich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

feeling validated that the chapo boys also hate sweet potato fries