Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

the sex ghost posted:

Started ff15 for the about the 5th time and this time I will definitely get past chapter 3

I hate to say it but the Stand By Me part at the beginning is still my favorite part of that game. It stays charming for most of the runtime though. Wish the combat was better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Nuns with Guns posted:

. He was so flat broke they couldn't even afford real art for Cyberpunk v3 and resorted to dressing Barbie dolls up to take pictures of:

Lmfao this owns

copy posted:

he had a full sleeve tattoo and part of it was what he called a "combat mage" and it was supposed to be a wizard with a gun but mom called it beyonce because it kind of looked like beyonce but with a gun and magical lol

Lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Nuns with Guns posted:

Keep in mind that "most incompetently run tabletop gaming company" is a very tight race, and it says a lot that Catalyst might have a slight lead on the competition there.

"Massively squandered" is the right descriptor. Like, I would say out of the two big cyberpunk games out there, Shadowrun has been the stronger seller for years before the recent uptick in interest for Cyberpunk. And some of that was definitely because it's "Cyberpunk, but with familiar D&D magic and races" but some of that was also that Cyberpunk as a brand was basically in stasis for years and years after Mike Pondsmith stepped back from the industry to work at Microsoft. He was so flat broke they couldn't even afford real art for Cyberpunk v3 and resorted to dressing Barbie dolls up to take pictures of:

And then work starts on the CDPR game, a new Cyberpunk game edition, etc. and meanwhile Shadowrun released the worst edition of their game yet in response.

So tl;dr, Shadowrun's marketing sense peaked at the 1990 "game trailer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GPGQoR6f6w

lol

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Gonna conjoin the discussion threads by announcing that the next big monster my players will fight in my weekly TTRPG is this

copy
Jul 26, 2007

skeleton warrior posted:

Gonna conjoin the discussion threads by announcing that the next big monster my players will fight in my weekly TTRPG is this

the perfect killing machine...

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

skeleton warrior posted:

The Honkdra

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

skeleton warrior posted:

king honkadorah

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

copy posted:

he had a full sleeve tattoo and part of it was what he called a "combat mage" and it was supposed to be a wizard with a gun but mom called it beyonce because it kind of looked like beyonce but with a gun and magical lol

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

how much are we up to in the recent chain of permabanned accounts

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

skeleton warrior posted:

gently caress yes

:honk:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Somewhere around "singlehandedly funding the forums for the next six months" I'd wager

Mock Turtle
Jul 19, 2022

Spanish Manlove posted:

I finally got a picture of the cardinal couple that comes to my kitchen window

oh my mom got one of these recently. lol'd watching this house finch trying to get on it with the other finch couple still there, then just staring up at it while waiting for his turn after they kept forcing him off.

skeleton warrior posted:

Big Powerful Honkers..

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's a lovely day in the village and you are eight horrible geese

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
that biosphere thread in sad barely closing before the next villain monologue was lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

that biosphere thread in sad barely closing before the next villain monologue was lol

The Antivaxxer Cspam Guy ftw.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

It's a lovely day in the village and you are eight horrible geese

woulda hosed beowulf up that's for sure.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

skeleton warrior posted:

Hope someone has a vorpal blade :ohdear:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The Antivaxxer Cspam Guy ftw.

He was posting that the Travis Scott concert disaster was some kind of vaxx mass casualty event lmao

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Rappaport posted:

Hope someone has a vorpal blade :ohdear:

Even worse: they have to bring it back alive

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Just what every town needs, a bunch of adventurers goose-stepping in like they own the place.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

skeleton warrior posted:

Even worse: they have to bring it back alive

take points in grapple and selective hearing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the thing i dont get about climate doom guys is if you seriously think modern international society is coming to an end within like, 5-10 years, and there's nothing you can do about it, why are you posting on the internet 24/7 all day instead of like, idk. save up for a year, sell the inessentials, and go traveling. get a cat and spoil the hell out of it. get really into trains. anything that you might not be able to do once we're living the madmax water wars? like once the apocalypse happens you can just walk outside and look around if you want to be mad about the climate.

climate change seems Not Good but the way these guys handle themselves seems way more about performing their anxiety publicly or absolving themselves of any responsibilities in their life than whats actually happening. see: dude in that sad thread's op talkin about how his girlfriend is always yelling at him and he just sits on his computer all day until he literally passes out at it

n also those guys' family members' kids are probably going to have a better life because they probably wont become cspam posters

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Today's account was number 45 by my count

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

NoiseAnnoys posted:

woulda hosed beowulf up that's for sure.

i like that the anglo-saxon kenning "swanrade" (swanroad = sea) implies swans, not longboats filled with soldiers, had the right of way on the water

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that conspiracy/epstein thread owns its like a practical demonstration that conspiracy theory communities will devolve into literally just reposting far-right posts about pizzagate and covid chips

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

the thing i dont get about climate doom guys is if you seriously think modern international society is coming to an end within like, 5-10 years, and there's nothing you can do about it, why are you posting on the internet 24/7 all day instead of like, idk. save up for a year, sell the inessentials, and go traveling. get a cat and spoil the hell out of it. get really into trains. anything that you might not be able to do once we're living the madmax water wars? like once the apocalypse happens you can just walk outside and look around if you want to be mad about the climate.

climate change seems Not Good but the way these guys handle themselves seems way more about performing their anxiety publicly or absolving themselves of any responsibilities in their life than whats actually happening. see: dude in that sad thread's op talkin about how his girlfriend is always yelling at him and he just sits on his computer all day until he literally passes out at it

n also those guys' family members' kids are probably going to have a better life because they probably wont become cspam posters

It's because doing any of those things would require them not sitting at their computer 24/7 tbh

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The worst thing I can imagine is that in 30 years it will suck slightly more to be a Westerner

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

thought of something badass. what if there was a guy who had a pet crow he talked to. and the guys name was crow

I too have seen MST3K

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

i think spreading the misery is part of the whole thing. I saw this in some of the Covid threads. You can tell some people were really getting off on spreading despair. Some of them probably just want people to feel as bad as they do, others literally get a little bit of frisson if they think they're scaring people.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

i like that the anglo-saxon kenning "swanrade" (swanroad = sea) implies swans, not longboats filled with soldiers, had the right of way on the water

well, as we saw previously, this is still true, and woe unto tourists who forget the ancient rules of the swan-rād.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Endorph posted:

Can't gaslight your boss or make your friend group cringe if you're out taking a hike.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

because then you dont get to act smarter than everyone else who isnt constantly miserable all the time

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
They enjoy being miserable OP

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

girl like me? miserable isnt even on the table. im inventing new emotions like "develated" and only feeling that because im so 2008

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I just love to post

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
explaining to indigenous land defenders that according to these tweets, it's actually not worth the bother!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the mass shooting thread is also a disaster because a) its a "mass shooting megathread" in The Funny Politics Forum and b) like half the thread is against gun control because they might need guns for an armed revolution, so all that gets posted is blaming every mass shooting on capitalism

thankfully they're IKing it after someone got banned for lolling at mass shooting victims at a bank or something

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I just love to post

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
posting in the 24/7 traumatic news thread to say that these traumatic events i'm retraumatizing myself with are caused by the 24/7 news media

*a picture of a dog for everyone's mental health*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He was posting that the Travis Scott concert disaster was some kind of vaxx mass casualty event lmao

loving insane

the whole thing was streamed live, you could see the crowd crush happening and hear people, it was awful

grim detail: the Apple iMusic live streaming platform pretty much caused it

it's the huge horizontal barrier making the third wall that trapped people trying to head away from the stage (orange is where ppl died)

its p. hosed how nobody at livenation or apple was ever held accountable for that

also how drake came out like 90 minutes after 6-7 fatalities were already confirmed, did a 20 minute set to close out the show, and then went to dave & busters with travis afterwards