Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Of all OEMs Hyundai is least likely to gently caress it up (an astonishing statement), since with the Ioniq 5 they've shown at least some desire to release things with daring styling. They'll probably gently caress it up anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

KillHour posted:

You better not gently caress this up, Hyundai!

eq

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

They should give it two rear window wipers to make up for the Ioniq 5 having zero.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Please somehow make it mid-engine, manual, and Miata-sized-and-priced. Please Hyundai. Please. I actually buy new cars, please listen to me.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Please somehow make it mid-engine, manual, and Miata-sized-and-priced. Please Hyundai. Please. I actually buy new cars, please listen to me.

The concept is an electric car with a hydrogen fuel cell so I don't think it's likely to have an engine or gearbox at all.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

KillHour posted:

The concept is an electric car with a hydrogen fuel cell so I don't think it's likely to have an engine or gearbox at all.

They also floated that mid-engine thing a few years back. Not that I’m that hopeful, just daydreaming ya know?

Have any manufacturers acknowledged GMA’s cheap mid-engine sports car?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

RIP Paul Walker posted:

They also floated that mid-engine thing a few years back. Not that I’m that hopeful, just daydreaming ya know?

Have any manufacturers acknowledged GMA’s cheap mid-engine sports car?

Car and Driver has been claiming for a few years that a new MR2 is coming next year.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Toyota could just flip the Prius drivetrain around and bam Hybrid CVT MR2 lmao

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BrownieVK posted:

Oh my god

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:fap:

BrownieVK posted:

:stare:

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
The current Prius is faster 0-60 than the MR2 Spyder, and only about half a second slower than the Turbo!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The Spyder was a turd even for back then though.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Network42 posted:

The current Prius is faster 0-60 than the MR2 Spyder, and only about half a second slower than the Turbo!

Usually when we talk about a modern shitbox being able to do the same or faster than a years old sports car, you know that it's because the modern turd has accleration that falls off a cliff after 100 kph and would get utterly whaled on when the road even looks like taking a bend because all it is is a dumb rear end grip pig.

I'm not so sure thats the case with the new Prius, appears by reports to actually have some handling prowess??????

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

bird with big dick posted:

The Spyder was a turd even for back then though.

Wrong

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KakerMix posted:

A G G R E S S I V E

I will never understand why people want aggressive looks. If every vehicle looks like they are being served vegetables at dinner by their mom then none of them stand out because they all look like they are pouting.

Looking forward to seeing Trev driving this thing around Denver with his tactical sunglasses and arm tats.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

I already know I'm not a "truck guy" by any stretch, but that new Tacoma just confirms it. Looks like poo poo, the old one is much better. God I hate modern trucks so, so much. Obnoxiously huge and over styled in the worst insecure masculinity ways.

The Maverick Hybrid is the best thing to happen to pickups in ages. Closest thing we've seen to a reasonable 90s-sized truck in 20 some years. Fits in lanes and parking spots and gets good gas mileage and can do as much truck stuff as most people need.

Guinness fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 10, 2023

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The 1ZZ sucked poo poo and it should have gotten the 2ZZ. Hell, the car would have been better with the 20 year old 4A-GZE in it.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

The 1ZZ sucked poo poo and it should have gotten the 2ZZ. Hell, the car would have been better with the 20 year old 4A-GZE in it.

wrong, right, wrong

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
There was a K20 swapped MR2 Spyder for sale around here a couple of years back, I was really tempted until I started thinking about troubleshooting someone else's engine swap.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Hell, the car would have been better with the 20 year old 4A-GZE in it.

Can't argue with that lol

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Would have been even better with this:

LightRailTycoon
Mar 24, 2017

no lube so what posted:

wrong, right, wrong

The correct answer is the Kinner R-5.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LightRailTycoon posted:

The correct answer is the Kinner R-5.

Omg

Those videos of him lapping at the end are glorious.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Ranger Raptor details are out. Starts at 57k. 405hp/430tq out of a 3.0 V6.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Does Ford not do an I6? Mazda does an I6 now, GM has the I6 diesel, Stellantis has the Hurricane that they're putting in all sorts of things, Mercedes I6es are back and BMW never stopped.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Twerk from Home posted:

Does Ford not do an I6? Mazda does an I6 now, GM has the I6 diesel, Stellantis has the Hurricane that they're putting in all sorts of things, Mercedes I6es are back and BMW never stopped.

Not any more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPpzdjT9P28

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

skipdogg posted:

I think I’d just rather buy a full size truck and lift it?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Mcqueen posted:

That's 95 base + 10 for the lift and 3 for tires.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Mcqueen posted:

That's what I did. Pick what options package you want (I went with Limited) and then put a top shelf Fabtech or BDS 4" lift and 35" tires for around 12k. For me it ended up being about 5-10k cheaper than a loaded Raptor plus more options/better equipped (massaging seats!).

Won't hold value as well though so unless you're planning on keeping it forever (which I was) then your total cost of ownership probably won't actually be any cheaper.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Stick a turbo 4 in it and drop the price a bunch. That said, actually kinda nice and it's not like there isn't a gap in the market for what this is currently.

https://twitter.com/autocar/status/1656572355865354241?t=bdw3Cbab5gzELcsEZ2KTJQ&s=19

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Stick a turbo 4 in it and drop the price a bunch. That said, actually kinda nice and it's not like there isn't a gap in the market for what this is currently.

https://twitter.com/autocar/status/1656572355865354241?t=bdw3Cbab5gzELcsEZ2KTJQ&s=19

Car for a billionaire.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

What a terrible name. Not sold on the rear or the single red spoke on the wheels but otherwise it sure looks good.

4376 lbs from what I see on a cursory Google search? Sad. Maybe we truly can't have light EVs despite the original Tesla Roadster being very light. Still, kudos for anyone stepping up and having the balls to make a EV 2 seater and not even as like a 6-figure richy rich car.

edit; here's a better shot of the rear:

It's fine actually.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 11, 2023

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Terrible loving name.

Yeep
Nov 8, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Is a roadster MG's solution to the 4 occasionally locking the occupants inside?
https://www.check-vehicle-recalls.service.gov.uk/recall-type/vehicle/make/MG%20MOTOR/model/MG4/year/2022/recalls

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

thanks I wasnt sure which turn signal was for which direction

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Better than those Mini turn signals that point in the opposite direction of where the driver is heading.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

An all electric MG what could possibly go wrong

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Sab669 posted:

What a terrible name. Not sold on the rear or the single red spoke on the wheels but otherwise it sure looks good.

4376 lbs from what I see on a cursory Google search? Sad. Maybe we truly can't have light EVs despite the original Tesla Roadster being very light. Still, kudos for anyone stepping up and having the balls to make a EV 2 seater and not even as like a 6-figure richy rich car.

edit; here's a better shot of the rear:

It's fine actually.

The font for "Cyberster", the rear turn signals (wtf) and doors are a very particular kind of cheap toy car from Walmart ugly. Completely divorced from the car itself, that design is totally not my jam and I am really surprised by how much I don't like it.

Maybe the car is good though!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

skipdogg posted:

If I had a Time Machine, I’d go back in time to 1991 with a Ford Ranger window sticker specifically to just break someone’s psyche.

Im a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

There’s a “gap” in the market because BMW sold ~2400 z4s in 2021.

But I assume they can’t make that many anyway so it’s ok.