Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Halisnacks posted:

I’m guessing the variant of UBI he’s for is the one that essentially subsidises corporations so they don’t need to pay a living wage, while also using it as an excuse to eliminate all other benefits payments people on lower incomes are disproportionately reliant on to survive.

That makes sense.. uh, I got nothing as far as leftist positions go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1656040638272421908

drat, even the Texas police are in on the psyop

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

They were confused because he wasn't a cop so they didn't remember seeing him at their normal meetings

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Centrist Elon Musk hosting a show for Tucker Carlson and becoming a reply guy for Laura Loomer all in the same day.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

E the Shaggy posted:

Centrist Elon Musk hosting a show for Tucker Carlson and becoming a reply guy for Laura Loomer all in the same day.

Just goes to show how extreme the left has gotten these days

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

Just goes to show how extreme the left has gotten these days

Excuse me, Twitter is now X Corp. You have to say 'X-treme'

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Elon's out there boosting conspiracy theories and giving Tucker a new soapbox.

Meanwhile the FBI has to produce videos like this

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1655965045237350401?s=20

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Beautiful freedom

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I can’t believe Tucker is going to try and be the new Top G

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
After you've helped evacuate the area, tend to wounds, disarm and subdue the shooter the cops will show up to pick him up.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Willatron posted:

After you've helped evacuate the area, tend to wounds, disarm and subdue the shooter the cops will show up to pick him up.

lmfao

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Willatron posted:

After you've helped evacuate the area, tend to wounds, disarm and subdue the shooter the cops will show up to pick him up shoot you.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
When teachers are finished teaching the next generation, they will then be asked to brandish their new school firearms as roaming mobs, shooting at any potential mass shooters. They will use a new pre-cog system that is based on skin col….errr suspiciousness!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Vire posted:

Every day it amazes me how loving stupid Elon Musk is. Truly incredible.

Yeah he's profoundly dumb on a level where it doesn't surprise me he's gone completely down a far right rabbit hole. Easy to fool, bad public speaker, terrible understanding of basic concepts let alone politics, history/context, complex social issues etc. He's easily the loving dumbest and pettiest of the major tech bro figures at this point I would say.

The ultra heavy leaning into race baiting stuff seems like a relatively new venture and self-own though. It started off as more leaning into the American rights weird all encompassing obsession with Trans people as it's apparent number 1 issue atm.

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 9, 2023

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Willatron posted:

we must increase police funding so that they can afford the good combos at mcdonalds for white mass shooters.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

teemolover42069 posted:

we must increase police funding so that they can afford the good combos at mcdonalds for white mass shooters.

To be fair, anyone perpetrating a mass shooting has probably had a pretty rough day, right? Cops are so empathic and understanding. Especially towards people who feel the need to blow other people away when they're stressed out.

Kale
May 14, 2010

It's crazy how much that one right wing guy in my building just loving looooooooooooooves twitter now and is constantly telling me about how he loves the poo poo out of it for the last few weeks even though he's failed every single time to put into coherent words what it is about it that's so great now regardless of whether he's drunk or not when he's going on about it. It varies.

Like never been on social media before now cause it was stupid when he first moved in (right take IMO), but it's apparently Twitter and twitter alone is just a-okay now and the place to be. Can't trust the regular media guys, gotta apparently go on twitter to find the "real" unbiased news and nuanced "just the facts" takes. Like it's just a bunch of poo poo memes, extremist absolute content, and stupid people stupid arguing there bro. Not sure what site you're actually on there bro or if you just like the idea of what right wing people are saying twitter is when it clearly loving isn't. :lol:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Be nice to elon, his life is filled with exes

(wow, that joke looks so ugly in written form)

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
And now we wait, eagerly anticipating which avenue of insane loving horseshit 'centrist' Elon Musk will comment on defending our dim-witted, rapist ex-president. Will he claim defamation is really free speech? Try to diminish sexual assault? Claim the jury is a woke ai infected with a mind virus? Place your bets now.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Elon will post an article showing the verdict and say "concerning"

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

Sentient Data posted:

Be nice to elon, his life is filled with exes

(wow, that joke looks so ugly in written form)

Lucky him, most of my life seems to be filled with tmp files

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023
V cool that a man decided to waste billions of dollars to mainstream stormfront copypasta

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I love how the only real avenue for Twitter to be profitable is advertising contracts, and Elon is continuing to scare them off harder and harder.

Elon really doesn't know how to run a company without someone competent to actually make the decisions and massive amounts of government subsidies.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

pacerwpg posted:

V cool that a man decided to waste billions of dollars to mainstream stormfront copypasta

He is doing what Nazi's accuse George Soros of doing for libs except he is doing it for nazis.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Vire posted:

He is doing what Nazi's accuse George Soros of doing for libs except he is doing it for nazis.

Interesting

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

somehow I doubt Tucker is forfeiting $25 million from Fox to get Twitter subscriber money only

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"Tucker is subject to the same rules and rewards of all content creators".

Doubt.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1656040638272421908

drat, even the Texas police are in on the psyop
is there any proof they're the police?
\

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

"Tucker is subject to the same rules and rewards of all content creators".

Doubt.

Now, to be fair, when's the last time we can recall musk showing personal animus or bias towards a specific individual? Except for that Halli guy. And NPR. And that guy he fired because he told him he wasn't popular. And I guess his own kids.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
In addition to the CyberTruck we now also have CyberShovels

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1655958365627990017?s=20

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

it's one tesla shovel michael, what could it cost? $10,000?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

the gently caress are you supposed to use that shovel (shumvel) for

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

predicting when nazis start posting conspiracy theories about how trump was set up somehow on the rape case elon is gonna post his little "just questioning" style comments. I doubt he'll make his own post he does this poo poo thinking hes being sneaky.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

MrQwerty posted:

the gently caress are you supposed to use that shovel (shumvel) for

symbolically breaking ground on a heavily subsidized manufacturing facility that never pays the taxpayers back adequately and then throwing it in the trash

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Talk to people without giving them your phone number? Holy poo poo, who is this genius innovator?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Personalized deepfake crypto scams coming soon.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Willatron posted:

decent chance they'll shoot you, particularly if you're a person of color subduing a white shooter

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

NeurosisHead posted:

decent chance they'll shoot you, particularly if you're a person of color subduing a white shooter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Ooooh, I want to help! I'll put the gun to Elon's head while he tries to read Grimes' DMs. I think Elon has one on his nightstand we can use.