Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

McCracAttack posted:

You never got hit with those as a kid? My public school used them.

Absolutely not. These would be illegal in Canada (though not when I was a kid) and corporal punishment hasn't been popular at schools since before I was born.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Antigravitas posted:

Also, calorie counting works, but the crux is that for many overweight people, their intuitive sense of when to stop eating is misadjusted. That makes losing weight a lot harder, because they have to do consciously what other people do intuitively.

Your body might be telling you that you need to eat more, and you have to constantly, consciously, fight against it at all times.

My own diet suddenly makes a lot of sense; I'll finish dinner and have to remind myself, ten minutes later, that I've already eaten and don't need to get dinner. It's not like I'm always hungry, but it's like I'm always ready to get something to eat.

Over the last several months, I've dropped nearly 50 pounds and still have to remind myself of that.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Dewgy posted:

This may shock you but the guy advertising and selling child abuse paddles on Facebook may in fact be really stupid.

“We’re the reasonable ones!” Insist the people who only wear clothing with skulls and guns on them.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

B33rChiller posted:

Also, those paddles look like props from half baked, no, dazed and confused. The one where seniors were all super Psycho hazing freshmen. One of the characters had holes drilled for speed.

I like the comments criticizing these for being very poorly made. The handles aren't turned at all!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They’re right.

Those paddles show poo poo craftsmanship.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Prism posted:

Absolutely not. These would be illegal in Canada (though not when I was a kid) and corporal punishment hasn't been popular at schools since before I was born.

My Mom caught a lot of poo poo because she told the principal of my school he had to call and get her permissions before he could beat my rear end for misbehaving.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Leave posted:

My own diet suddenly makes a lot of sense; I'll finish dinner and have to remind myself, ten minutes later, that I've already eaten and don't need to get dinner. It's not like I'm always hungry, but it's like I'm always ready to get something to eat.

Over the last several months, I've dropped nearly 50 pounds and still have to remind myself of that.

Great work! poo poo's hard and you should be proud!

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

McCracAttack posted:

You never got hit with those as a kid? My public school used them.
Yeah, I went to public school in Texas for a few years and most every teacher had their paddle on display as a "deterrent" against bad behavior. The nasty ones did have air holes for swinging faster. Don't know if they (the holes) actually worked. The paddles didn't, for the most part, as 12 year olds are going to act like 12 year olds no matter what.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I had to look it up but I guess beating children in school is legal on a state by state basis (everywhere has banned it by now but the most recent ban was less than a decade ago), but the entire concept of a teacher being able to hit me as punishment would have been completely foreign to me as a kid in Washington state.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Conservatives say that they are anti child sexual abuse, but they also support sexually abusing children with paddles. Isn’t that contradictory?

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
I've seen nicer looking yaoi paddles at an anime convention

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Air Skwirl posted:

I had to look it up but I guess beating children in school is legal on a state by state basis (everywhere has banned it by now but the most recent ban was less than a decade ago), but the entire concept of a teacher being able to hit me as punishment would have been completely foreign to me as a kid in Washington state.

Everywhere hasn't banned it lol

It's legal in 17 states iirc for public school.

Save fetuses, then beat them. No other care. Vote for me.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1655883833198125056?t=C9sEt6Rtx1eh5aLJTwk8gQ&s=19

Starting to get a bad feeling about this Catturd fella

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

got'em! He screenshotted the exact moment where both of the smiling lady's eyes were open. This completely changes the meaning of the gif. Clearly the man from the internet used the disney tv show gif for an entirely serious and somber take about a nazi shooter

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I have no idea how cat turd thinks this tweet makes himself look any better

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

eh nm

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I have no idea how cat turd thinks

He doesn’t.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I have no idea how cat turd thinks this tweet makes himself look any better

He's not trying to convince anyone of anything. It's just an opportunity to call someone he doesn't like a liar, and so his fans can link to the tweet if they want to also call that guy a liar and pretend they have evidence.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I got paddled at school and I turned out just fine

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

[Citation needed]

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Actually since my parents spanked me too I developed massive issues about trust and honesty with authority figures in life because apparently adults can hit you until you cry whether you're honest with them or not about doing something they think is wrong.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

I just think we should continue beating children. Completely normal, benign thinking.

I turned out just fine I think.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Actually since my parents spanked me too I developed massive issues about trust and honesty with authority figures in life because apparently adults can hit you until you cry whether you're honest with them or not about doing something they think is wrong.

I got away with only having had a fear of wooden spoons well into adulthood.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

How do you explain your posts, then?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
If spankings work so great then maybe mass shooters deserve a few good whacks in the tushie to teach them a lesson! I mean it works in Singapore right?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Air Skwirl posted:

I don't know what you're looking at, but that's wrong:

quote:

As of 2023, corporal punishment is banned in state schools (known as public schools in the U.S.) in 33 states and the District of Columbia

Colorado banned it only this year.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Midnight Voyager posted:

I don't know what you're looking at, but that's wrong:

Colorado banned it only this year.

Yeah, I misread something. I think I saw the thing about Colorado banning it and assumed they were the last hold out.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm actually most surprised to learn that New Jersey banned it in 1867. How did that come about??

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm actually most surprised to learn that New Jersey banned it in 1867. How did that come about??

Probably something horrible like a mill owner complaining that a father beat his kid so severely he couldn't finish his shift shoveling fuel in the boiler room.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

EL BROMANCE posted:

This absolute winner got dug up from 2022

It’s nice to see the rare Facebook comments section where everyone is in agreement this guy is an absolute psychopath.

https://www.facebook.com/100320939285942/posts/pfbid0kfJ1owUqswrZMK5GHXYGn9g9Apop7i6ijFTP4iquuSbEeygJwP4XhS48MiTHBSTCl/?mibextid=SDPelY

whatever happened to yaoi paddles anyway?

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

goblin week posted:

Started getting banned from cons because people couldn't be trusted with them anymore.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

"#makekidsgreatagain"

:barf:

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

goblin week posted:

a guy was killed by an uke paddle at calgary anime expo. he was being glomped at the same time, torn in half

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

a guy was killed by an uke paddle at calgary anime expo. he was being glomped at the same time, torn in half

he died doing what he loved, it's quite beautiful actually

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Reading the last two posts in the Dr. Evil voice

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
When I was a kid I got beat with a big wooden spoon with a hole in the middle and a big angry face drawn on it. It was called Mr. Mean Spoon.

I think that's really funny -- "Mr. Mean Spoon." But any time I share this anecdote I'm the only one laughing :mad:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wonder if any formerly abusive parents have met the ‘find out’ stage of loving around when they hit nursing home stage, and their now grown up kids bring their equivalent of Mr. Mean Spoon out.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EL BROMANCE posted:

Wonder if any formerly abusive parents have met the ‘find out’ stage of loving around when they hit nursing home stage, and their now grown up kids bring their equivalent of Mr. Mean Spoon out.

According to the comments on that Facebook post, yes they have.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

credburn posted:

When I was a kid I got beat with a big wooden spoon with a hole in the middle and a big angry face drawn on it. It was called Mr. Mean Spoon.

I think that's really funny -- "Mr. Mean Spoon." But any time I share this anecdote I'm the only one laughing :mad:

I am sorry for your childhood trauma but that is, in fact, hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VesuviusSurvivor
Jun 4, 2021

credburn posted:

My father used to have a spatula he kept in the visor of his car that he called "Mr. Spatula" and when I or my brother (usually me, because my brother was 5 years older than me and would silently hit me and then make me cry and my dad would get angry about me crying for no reason because he believed my brother wasn't the psychopath he was/is) made him mad he would start threatening to get out Mr. Spatula unless whatever made him angry stopped, then if that wasn't enough he'd whack whoever he was mad at with the spatula. At some point this midlly abusive behavior became a joke in my family because he had stopped with the spatula but there was a spatula-print in the padding of the car where he used to keep it. I mean, it's messed up, but funny. I think it's funny.