Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Did you guys hear about how the climate change thread is digging their heads into the sand and deflecting from the horrors of climate by saying stuff such as "theres cringe in the soil" and "theres cringe in the Himalayas"??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Heath posted:

phil my rear end with fish

blow me on the jonathan

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lol at the whole video but especially the webcam shaking from the bass

gotta get me some speakers like that

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

rodbeard posted:

It was heartbreaking when I started up FFXV and I was almost immediately sent to talk to an NPC who filled up my map with markers. I wish Japanese developers were still doing their own thing. AAA games have gotten so stale.

They still are in many cases, though Square Enix did seem to have a period of really wanting to do a western-style open world. That's where FFXV and Forspoken came from and it definitely shows.

I did notice that the only non-indie games I was excited about from last year's pseudo-E3 thing were Japanese games.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

ArfJason posted:

Did you guys hear about how the climate change thread is digging their heads into the sand and deflecting from the horrors of climate by saying stuff such as "theres cringe in the soil" and "theres cringe in the Himalayas"??

Been hearing this.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ArfJason posted:

Horrifying if true

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

ArfJason posted:

if you look at the epa data from the last 70 years, you will have no choice but to agree that there is an alarming amount of cringe in the jetstream

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
chemtrails of cringe as far as the eye can see

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

birds arent real anyway

How you explain this, then?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

there's a French race car driver named "Bertrand Baguette" which is a great "are you making GBS threads me" name

there's an Italian football player and Ray Parlour favourite named Kevin Lasagna

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Oh no, triple A gaming stole that man's hairline.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

that movie was pretty cursed

fish ragequitted the industry

blow did the witness (good) but also decided everyone should know his dumbass thoughts (bad)

mcmillen and refenes came out alright even though i completely expected them to be the ones to flame out or be only defined by super meatboy

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Fill Fish was amazing because you could be some random nobody with zero followers and he would still drop everything to piss in rage at you. Dude literally couldn't not post

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Fish and Blow did irreparable damage to the public perception of indie gaming just on pure force of unlikability

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

TheSwizzler posted:

Fish and Blow

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
his name was loving phillipe poisson and he changed it. he had a badass name like stan lee came up with him lol

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I feel obligated to bring up Jason Roher, especially because of this:

quote:

First Prize: Jason Rohrer's Dog Club
Own the club that started it all. A heartwarming souvenir from Las Cruces, New Mexico. (Note: was never actually used to club a dog.) Way safer than a gun! Much harder to commit suicide with. More compact than a golf club, which was actually the anti-dog tool of choice in Cruces.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

why are video game developers such trash, but video games are so good?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

When it comes to foreign video game developers whose pen name is a literal English translation of their real name I much prefer Sam Lake.
I like how his logic for adopting that pen name was basically "I'm writing a gritty New York noir story, and those are written by guys with names like MIKE HAMMER and MICKEY SPILLAINE, not Sami Jaarvi!" and then it stuck forever and nobody minded.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cranappleberry posted:

evil cleric having a master plan to synethesize an evil potion in order to destroy a library then gets defeated by two teens whose emo friend then drinks the potion it took 10,000 gp, 5000 xp, unique ingredients and 10 years to brew

I actually had a story idea like this, a party beats the evil alchemist and the rogue steals and drinks the immortality potion that untold atrocities were committed to make.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Doesn't even have to be a god in D&D, you can just be a cleric of some vague spiritual concept if you prefer. One of the party members in Planescape: Torment is explicitly an atheist cleric.

You can absolutely be a cleric of partying if your DM isn't a total buzzkill. E: or yeah just a trickster god priest, always a good time

I've played in a game with a Paladin of Dionysus. (and I just realised a missed opportunity for a thematically awesome barbarian multiclass) Cleric of Loki is also entirely valid.

D&D religion pretty much works by loosely classical rules where polytheism is the norm and there's gods for drat near everything, and thus priests for such.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 10, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The era where the games media pretended the entire indie game scene was like three bearded white guys was not epic ftw.
touhou fangames were doing more for the media than braid, for real

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
the only good thing braid did was make soulja boy say "go back in time potion"

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i seem to recall jason rohrer being a dumb poo poo or something, although back in the day i enjoyed what passage tried to do for that brief 10 minute of play (but i ignored whatever thesis he wrote accompanying it)

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Yeah well if climate change keeps up there won’t even be any Phil Fish left in the wild in a year or two.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Yiik is known more for the dev having meltdowns. Tunic is a better fez

i think yiik is more known for being about romancing (?) a real life dead woman

tunic is 100% better fez. imo fez looked good and played like that was the singular goal

Douche Wolf 89 fucked around with this message at 09:19 on May 10, 2023

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Yeah well if climate change keeps up there won’t even be any Phil Fish left in the wild in a year or two.

Stop making Exxons arguments for them

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Recently, indie game developer Bignic got thrown out of Steam because he couldnt resist putting cringe in the patchnotes.

https://www.eurogamer.net/domina-delisted-by-steam-after-developers-transphobic-rant

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lima posted:

Recently, indie game developer Bignic got thrown out of Steam because he couldnt resist putting cringe in the patchnotes.

https://www.eurogamer.net/domina-delisted-by-steam-after-developers-transphobic-rant

When are people going to wake up to the cringe crisis?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

put cringe in the patch notes. gaslight gaben

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
regarding seraph and the climate thread.

He has a tendency to view himself as a savior. Always the most enlightened one (and definitely always always the most leftiest ever!!) in the room type of person. His alts sometimes slip by for a bit but his posting style will eventually revert back to default Seraph if given enough prodding.

He claims to work in the mental health sector. He is unwell. lol

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Plant MONSTER. posted:

He claims to work in the mental health sector. He is unwell. lol

Maybe he means that he's contributed a lot to academic papers (written by people examining his brain).

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I had never knowingly encountered one of his posts before, I thought he was mostly a crypto person? I'm a little embarrassed that I replied to his insanity in that doomer thread in SAD but it was one of the nuttier statements I've seen recently.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Something deeply funny about a bitcoin guy claiming to care about the environment.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Seraph is, plain and simple, a massive attention whore who wants to be the center of every conversation and the most known person on these dead forums, and how much of anything he says is actual belief or truth and how much of it is attempting to Develop The Lore And Mystique Of His Posting god only knows.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

he's a permabanned nonce with a grimly amusing saclopedia entry

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Jesus Christ

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Something deeply funny about a bitcoin guy claiming to care about the environment.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Pigbuster posted:

I feel obligated to bring up Jason Roher, especially because of this:

this whole story was bizarre. like apparently Rohrer wanted to move with his family somewhere so he wrote some program taking a bunch of variables about different cities into account, pressed a button, and it spit out LAS CRUCES, NM and he just went with it or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

He started out by obsessively blaming goons for talking him out of buying bitcoin ten years ago, but then he allegedly managed to buy a small flat using his huge bitcoin gains, and he switched to dunking on 'the poors'. But because nobody was impressed by it, he started adopting that weird pseudo-leftist vocabulary to explain that touching a bitcoin contributes to the downfall of capitalism through the accelerationist framework (the worse things get, the sooner they can get better). That also quickly stopped driving engagement, so he also usually spams cringe FF7 (Seraph = Sephiroth, you see) memes across multiple threads with every rereg.