Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

secret volcano lair posted:

apart from the obvious goalie meltdowns, you have to put some of it on the inexperience with pressure. they had tons of comeback wins in the regular season & overcame a lot of bad goaltending by just pushing hard regardless of the score.

in the playoffs they have consistently panicked when the game turns against them

I agree with this as well, they have had a hard time managing emotions. It's either really high or really low, but they never reached that state of being comfortable and consistent in games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I know the Stars had to come from behind last series, especially after a disaster of a game 3, but I'm still super antsy about tonight

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
It's hard to manage your emotions when you don't get a single save, good goaltending calms teams down.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

It's hard to manage your emotions when you don't get a single save, good goaltending calms teams down.

Yup, the two are linked. If you know your goalie can keep you in the game, you're naturally more comfortable

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Shinjobi posted:

I know the Stars had to come from behind last series, especially after a disaster of a game 3, but I'm still super antsy about tonight

Perhaps just embrace that Toronto and Boston will not touch the cup.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Oops! All blowouts

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zurreco posted:

Perhaps just embrace that Toronto and Boston will not touch the cup.

I just don't know if that's enough this season for me

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

the north carolina research triangles are demolishing the new jersey gently caress i'm in new jersey's

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Shinjobi posted:

It's okay, Dizi got all the good vibes we need. Look how happy she is about her new sweater!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

that is a very good looking corgi

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

It's okay, Dizi got all the good vibes we need. Look how happy she is about her new sweater!

Hell yeah, go stars

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Go Stars!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

It would have been real funny if Noesen had snuck in that shot off Schmid's head.

The Dirty Burger posted:

The first round was hilarious and fun, second round has just been a bunch of non-competitive blow outs

None of the Leafs' tragic losses were blowouts.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
After the Devils gave up on this game they didn’t even try to get physical with Carolina for the next game. What a soft assed team.

If ya can’t run ‘em up then fill ‘em in

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Maybe they should pledge to improve the gaddang glass in this dang arena!!!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Absolute sweetie.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Like 8 kracken players on the ice at the same time lol

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Cocaine Bear posted:

That's a top tier dog you got there

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cocaine Bear posted:

No matter what happens tonight

Your dog rules:cheers:

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Robo :(

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Robertson not having a great postseason

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Gourde is a brave man.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Rarely have I ever seen a star player (heh) so snakebit

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's bizarre to me how many times the Stars have tried a wraparound against Grubauer

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

That camera angle scared me for a moment.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Holy poo poo what a save, I initially thought seguin shot it over the net

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
what a dumb rear end penalty

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

That was a really good slash actually

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I meant the interference, Lindell goofed hard

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
There we go

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

:siren:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jamie Benn I love you my glorious shithead boy

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

That’s a nice goal

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Benn rules

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

I meant the interference, Lindell goofed hard

Oh I was replying to nobody in particular. Anyway when did Benn steal Matthews' wrists?

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Great shot

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i blame kraken’s garbage power play

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

eXXon posted:

Oh I was replying to nobody in particular. Anyway when did Benn steal Matthews' wrists?

It's wild how having a coach who allows and might even encourage offense has reignited some of Jamie Benn's offensive skill. It's been sorely missed for a while, and he's been great this season.

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

Shinjobi posted:

It's wild how having a coach who allows and might even encourage offense has reignited some of Jamie Benn's offensive skill. It's been sorely missed for a while, and he's been great this season.

The Bennaissance has been wonderful to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Tweak posted:

i blame kraken’s garbage power play

I blame Vince Dunn. He was out of position on the PP and then didn’t get in good position on the entry and his only option then was to commit the infraction.

Honestly, the D have been floating in really aggressively in the first and it’s going to bite them in the rear end again.