Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Hay guyz! Have you hear of star citizen? We are really inspired by star citizen and development is ongoing. I know we said it would be out in the next 6 weeks. PSYCHE! It's never coming out. Hahahahha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
lol. lm,ao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Can't wait, for silk song.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
phil xbox lied to us

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Silksong release date: Bapanada

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
For real though. I'm not even remotely surprised. I would have been surprised if the game actually came out "on time."

The radio silence for what is now a fairly big title was pretty telling. There will be noise as the game is getting close to release.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Seems like it’s gonna be a whole Silksymphony at this rate

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hearing rumors that Nintendo pressured them into not overshadowing Tears of the Kingdom.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Silksopera

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
sigh

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Silk on deez nutz

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Are you ducking kidding me with this update

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Team Cherry are "quiet quitting", sources say.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
genuinely stunning that a vague microsoft tweet carried so much momentum

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Hollow Knight is a good game and I am excited about the sequel.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Nowher posted:

Hollow Knight is a good game and I am excited about the sequel.

Many saying tbis

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

The main thing I infer from that tweet is it’s not coming out in 2023

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

the silk song has been put on hiatus after the estate of marvin gaye accued them of stealing the chords from his hit song let’s get it on. it will need to be entirely rewritten

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

roomtwofifteen posted:

The main thing I infer from that tweet is it’s not coming out

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
they should stealth drop it on friday

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Edit: whoops

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
I'm not mad at TC or anything, game dev is hard and we've all seen what happens when it's rushed, but I am curious about the cause of the delay. It seemed like they had a pretty solid product in that demo footage from way back, and it's not like they're working in a new engine or something.

The only thing I can guess is that the game is way bigger than Hollow Knight, but I hope that's not the case. I love HK but I felt like it was just a little bit longer than it should have been.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

*sigh* bapanada

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

worm girl posted:

I'm not mad at TC or anything, game dev is hard and we've all seen what happens when it's rushed, but I am curious about the cause of the delay. It seemed like they had a pretty solid product in that demo footage from way back, and it's not like they're working in a new engine or something.

The only thing I can guess is that the game is way bigger than Hollow Knight, but I hope that's not the case. I love HK but I felt like it was just a little bit longer than it should have been.

The cause is they have no concept of when this game is done or how much is left.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
They just realized they forgot to actually program Hornet into the game, they've been using placeholders the entire time.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Whenever they work on roadmaps they work for hours and then when they look down at the word doc it just says "game is big let's make it good"

It's a horrifying curse

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

worm girl posted:

Yeah. Hollow Knight is fairly bloated. It would be much better and essentially the same at 1/2 or 2/3 the size.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
brutal that most of the team cherry marketing guy's twitter is retweeting crowsworn stuff

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
First I was all: Ba pan

But then: Nada

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

lol, ublock origin marks this as a google ad.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I liked that Hollow Knight was super long for games of its ilk, it made the joy of discovering new areas and content last for so much longer. Cannot wait for their next game to be even bigger

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

PantsBandit posted:

The cause is they have no concept of when this game is done or how much is left.

*nods* lazy devs.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

*nods* lazy devs.

Not lazy but I do at this point think their refusal to give any info on progress is caused by continued scope creep and shaky timelines. You can be the hardest working dev in the world and still put off releasing your game for a decade because it's not *quite* right. Just my guess though.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
There will be a 4x minigame in Hollow Knight Silksong

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
There will be an arcade room with playable machines and each individual machine is a fully unique game created by Team Cherry, including an 8-bit version of Hollow Knight with a brand new map and bosses

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah. Hollow Knight is fairly bloated. It would be much better and essentially the same at 1/2 or 2/3 the size.

This is incredibly incorrect.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I can understand the people who feel HK is too long and I empathize, but that aint me, gimme BIG

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Team Cherry are "quiet quitting", sources say.

"nobody wants to work anymore"
— precept fifty-eight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.