Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

FlamingLiberal posted:

On Twitter specifically, Elon removed a lot of the restrictions on posting anti-trans stuff so yes certain groups on there have been emboldened.

You can also straight up buy the verified checkmark now, which explicitly boosts your tweets to the top of reply lists.

Naturally the people who support Musk trend towards hard-right idiots, so the topmost replies on any tweet are usually full of chuds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

On Twitter specifically, Elon removed a lot of the restrictions on posting anti-trans stuff so yes certain groups on there have been emboldened.

Also if you have a blue checkmark your stuff zooms to the top regardless if it's popular or not. Usually people that buy blue check marks are regressive shitheads so now twitter has gone into overdrive in terms of supporting racist and downright evil content.

Its off the deep end.

Edit - dang it zamu

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Skex posted:

https://twitter.com/JennaEllisEsq/status/1653931945955319809?t=rGZTAChyW--tAQS0MfFnqg&s=19

"OMG why is the leopard eating my face?" asks spokeswoman for leopard face eating party.

Lol @ Trump lies and does the thing he’s accused others of.

It’s like it’s 2015 or something.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I still think the MAGA Republican mascot should be the Ouroboros as they devour themselves from within.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Some dude pranked Alex Jones with AI pretending to Tucker Carlson and Jones had a loving meltdown

"WE're gonna find out who you're working with, buddy"

Dollars to donuts it was Soros.

https://www.cracked.com/article_379...er-carlson.html

Here's the Twitter link if you don't want to read a Cracked article

https://twitter.com/GoadGatsby/status/1654180655582830592

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/FLVoiceNews/status/1654518905325465602?t=MGqItwxMaW55EafKMTVLog&s=19

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ah, so DeSantis is anti-circumcision then?

Yeah I know, I know, he doesn't care about that, and would happily be hypocritical if someone even asked him. Still.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

also it was/is common practice to 'correct' the genitals of intersex babies but I'm guessing that's not a problem for DeSantis for some reason!

bartok
May 10, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Some dude pranked Alex Jones with AI pretending to Tucker Carlson and Jones had a loving meltdown

"WE're gonna find out who you're working with, buddy"

Dollars to donuts it was Soros.

https://www.cracked.com/article_379...er-carlson.html

Here's the Twitter link if you don't want to read a Cracked article

https://twitter.com/GoadGatsby/status/1654180655582830592

"Some dude" is Canadian comedian Chris James he has a Youtube channel where he pranks rightwing assholes called NEAS.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Jones went from trying to get the prank call guy to come on his show to calling him "so satanic" to threatening legal action over the course of an hour while palling around with the newly divorced Crowder in Crowder's studio. :rolleyes: I'm just hoping this call is actually good and really embarrassing for Jones, else it seems like a waste.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Yeah that's a guy who experiences embarrassment

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Sure is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgxZSBfGXUM

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

OgNar posted:

I still think the MAGA Republican mascot should be the Ouroboros as they devour themselves from within.

I can imagine the future republican quote alongside the ouroboros:

"the faster we go in circles the faster we catch up!"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Engaging with Jones at all is a failure state. Nobody wins by giving him attention like prank calling.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

saw this latest trans pick me blowing up on tiktok. seems she's finally discovered the kind of people that she's "friends" with:

https://twitter.com/fayemikah/status/1655541367848697860

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I see the pick-me's seem to reason that they are safe because they are more 'passing' than other trans people. But this fact seems moot because conservatives KNOW the pickme is trans and at that point are gonna get lumped in with the trans people they think don't 'pass'.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm not familiar with the "pick-me" term, and google's giving me inconsistent or untrustworthy results. Is there a good explanation someone could provide or link?

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm not familiar with the "pick-me" term, and google's giving me inconsistent or untrustworthy results. Is there a good explanation someone could provide or link?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pick%20me, but targeting Republicans instead of men.

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Etymology
From the phrase pick me + girl, the implication being that such women, like someone pleading "pick me!", are desperate to be chosen over their putative competition.

Noun
pick-me girl (plural pick-me girls)

(slang, derogatory) A woman who asserts that she is unlike (and sometimes better than) most other women, in order to gain attention, approval, or validation from men.

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

She tried to get that anti-trans Blaire White grift bag and utterly fumbled it. The sad fact is that there is real money in being the chudosphere's Token Minority and she's very clearly trying to succeed Blaire or Caitlyn Jenner and completely loving it up. The second anyone stops paying attention to her or paying her for these rancid opinions she'll disappear into obscurity or come back with an apology Medium post, and should never be trusted.

Doctor Yiff fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 8, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

None of these trans women who are trying to suck up to the right are ever going to get anywhere. At least in Caitlyn Jenner's case she has money and doesn't need to worry about what they think, but you have to be pretty hosed up to try and cozy up with the same people who are screaming at you that you are some kind of abomination.

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

Nobody with a functioning moral compass is willing to debase themselves or their community in this way, but the Daily Wire pays well if you drive traffic, so we get this.

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013
People fail to understand that this sort of plea towards the right only works in cases like Caitlyn Jenner and Blaire White because those people are already really famous, and thus, are useful to the right-wing cause. A trans person who is a total nobody and starts espousing that rhetoric is only useful to keep around until they can be made an example of.

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

Likely the most she can hope for is being on Destiny's twitch channel or at best, on Dave Rubin's show once where he'll have Matt Walsh on to abuse her for an hour while she has to smile and take it so Rubin can appear to be moderate.

I pity her but I will never, ever trust a word that comes out of her mouth.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

lovely poker hand posted:

People fail to understand that this sort of plea towards the right only works in cases like Caitlyn Jenner and Blaire White because those people are already really famous, and thus, are useful to the right-wing cause. A trans person who is a total nobody and starts espousing that rhetoric is only useful to keep around until they can be made an example of.

What was Blaire White famous for before she started begging to be the first one into the oven?

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

Not really, it wasn't until she started playing quisling on Dave Rubin's show and starting fights at protests with her boyfriend and streaming it people started to know who she was. She was some dipshit CS undergrad making dime-a-dozen anti-feminist youtube videos before that.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

has blaire white ever mentioned what bathroom she goes to? apparently she hasn't gotten bottom surgery

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Don't fall for the trap of caring which bathroom people use

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Scholtz posted:

Don't fall for the trap of caring which bathroom people use

That's why I use yours.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Well, stop leaving the seat like that when you're done!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

And the poop knife is there for a reason, bucko.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

I AM GRANDO posted:

What was Blaire White famous for before she started begging to be the first one into the oven?

I don't know what she's been up to recently, but 4-5 years ago her thing was makeup tutorials, generally petty mean girl poo poo, and reactionary hot takes. Generally making GBS threads on trans people who she felt weren't trying hard enough.

She was big on bullying Contrapoints when she was early in transition, for example.

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

Would it surprise you that a brief look at her youtube channels suggests she is still doing exactly that.

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013

I AM GRANDO posted:

I guess it's broadly true that she's always had a right-lean, but my largely trans friend group knew her for being famous as a lifestyle/makeup influencer (and also sometimes a political bully) for years before she started basically JUST doing political bullying poo poo (and also sometimes makeup and lifestyle stuff).

It might be a small distinction in practice, but I, at least, heard of her before she was talking with Ben Shapiro and walking around in a MAGA hat. Especially my cis friends, and people who would call themselves "centrists" spent years saying she was a totally reasonable center-right talking head before she kind of went off the deep end, but now even those people are like, "oh yeah, she's a crackpot"

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
Tucker's back, baby!

I guess he was so desperate, OAN didn't even want him.

https://twitter.com/MaxKennerly/status/1656047557062082621?s=20

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

Good loving luck getting your average dipshit retirees to Log On to watch this vs just turning on the TV.

At least I'll be spared seeing this dude's mug on airport TV's for the foreseeable future.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Nah, a bunch of boomer Trump supporters got into Twitter because of Trump and the fact that Kamala Harris said he should be banned from Twitter during the 2020 campaign.

It doesn't really matter, though. The play here is for Tucker to find someone richer and dumber than him to hand him money to say stupid poo poo. That's been his game all along. On Twitter he won't have to bring in any money at all for Elon to be happy because Elon just wants a paid for media figure on his side.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I would assume Tucker just wants to get back on air as quickly as possible. The money seems less important to him than managing his brand and this crisis. Right now all the noise is against him so now he gets to start telling his bullshit side of the story and waging his attacks as he continues to try and find a next career step that benefits him. It’s probably not worth signing onto one of the marginal channels now as they’re just trying to use him to boost their exposure. But Tucker ain’t interested in helping anyone but himself.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
I honestly expect Trump to pick Tuckems for his VP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
The bluecheck brigade are crowing about tucker getting 70 million views for his "I'm on twitter now" video, but I wonder (doubt) if that audience is going to stick around once the novelty wears off and he starts releasing videos longer than three minutes.