Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The CMA only judges appeals on legal grounds, so this is presumably Microsoft's attempt to demonstrate that it is factually wrong in assuming cloud services, the thing Microsoft's entire business is built around, is a big deal. It is hilarious to see them yet again saying "Yeah this part of our business that we constantly push in advertising? Also poo poo and no-one uses it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

njsykora posted:

It is hilarious to see them yet again saying "Yeah this part of our business that we constantly push in advertising? Also poo poo and no-one uses it."
I just went to xbox.com and the only mention of cloud gaming anywhere to be found is the tiny little "CLOUD" next to the Minecraft Legends title.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Seltzer posted:

I swear everytime there's big news about the merger or a big game launch it brings weirdos out of the woodwork to talk about how they've beaten farcry 5 eight times or "actually New Vegas was bad". Like clockwork

NV used to crash for me a lot. I enjoyed it after I managed to get it working.

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.

Charles Martel posted:

Going through the weekly XBox sales as I do on Tuesday and noticed once of the best SHMUP's ever made, Radiant Silvergun, is at the lowest price I've seen it for yet at $3.74. Buy it.
Thanks for this, what a goddamn steal! Been hankering for some RS and I can’t find my Saturn copy
:negative:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If you desperately feel the need to poo poo talk Botw, there's another xbox focused thread in Games where you're perfectly welcome to do so

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I do find it strange how they don't seem to be bothering with, say, an AndroidTV or Roku app for the cloud streaming thing. It's been long enough.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
weirdly enough there's an app for it on my lovely rear end Samsung tv

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

weirdly enough there's an app for it on my lovely rear end Samsung tv

Yeah Samsung TVs are like the one thing that got it. I'd love at least a remote play app for my ShieldTV or Roku that doesn't involve side loading bullshit.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Tankbuster posted:

NV used to crash for me a lot. I enjoyed it after I managed to get it working.

NV may be a great game, but it's still a barely working one.

Thank god for the unofficial patches and what not.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Charles Martel posted:

Going through the weekly XBox sales as I do on Tuesday and noticed once of the best SHMUP's ever made, Radiant Silvergun, is at the lowest price I've seen it for yet at $3.74. Buy it.
double thanks for this. i was about to post that now i'll only have to get out my saturn to play guardian heroes but that's on xbox as well! i guess that just leaves dragon force

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

dr_rat posted:

NV may be a great game, but it's still a barely working one.

Thank god for the unofficial patches and what not.

Love to play it on Xbox.

acksplode posted:

Community did it for em lol. I've been agonizing over how I'll play TotK ever since the leak

How about you play it on your Switch like a normal person.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Still no public apology/commitment to fix for Redfall?

I'm actually a little surprised.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
their public apology is making us forget about it by releasing a dishonored 3 trailer at the xbox summer showcase whatever

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr Scumbag posted:

Still no public apology/commitment to fix for Redfall?

I'm actually a little surprised.

Not true, Phil Spencer last week did an entire apology interview. It was all the gaming news talked about over the weekend, it was a pretty major interview that shocked a lot of people as it was so unusual for its candice and honesty. I'm surprise Spencer still has a job though, so it must have gone over better than I thought it would.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Not true, Phil Spencer last week did an entire apology interview. It was all the gaming news talked about over the weekend, it was a pretty major interview that shocked a lot of people as it was so unusual for its candice and honesty. I'm surprise Spencer still has a job though, so it must have gone over better than I thought it would.

I knew about that, I was just waiting for the classic jpeg of an apology statement with the company's logo at the bottom. I collect them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

No space boobs or wangs though

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr Scumbag posted:

I knew about that, I was just waiting for the classic jpeg of an apology statement with the company's logo at the bottom. I collect them.

Fair, everyone does it now after the Cyberpunk poo poo show release. They are fun.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It was a surprisingly open interview but I don’t think he’d get fired over it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Cyberpunk is weirdly okay now, hot take. It isn't what everyone expected from the hype, but it's a pretty fun open world in itself imo. Definitely understandable that people are still pissed tho.

I'm keeping an eye on what happens with Redfall. No Man's Sky is the most prominent, but not only, example of a game that can be totally, utterly trash at release to become something brilliant. But it requires a lot of dedication, commitment and care from the devs to do so.

No Man's Sky is an amazing game at this point, as long as you vibe with the genre, and is so far from what it was at release, and honestly I feel it lives up to what they showed initially at E3.

Final Fantasy (11 I think) I another example. No game is really unsalvagable or irreparable, but the devs have to want to make it good. For most companies, well, that isn't worth it. Which is a shame. Redfall may be disappointing, but I disagree with everyone who says it could never be fixed. A lot of the game could be improved vastly with a proper patch or two. AI etc needs a lot more, but a lot is imminently fixable.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I was never hyped for Cyberpunk despite loving the genre because I'd bounced off literally every CDPR game previously and found them kinda boring and clunky to play. I didn't really know anything about it other than it was a disaster at launch.

But about a year after CP2077 came out, I picked it up after patch 1.5(?) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Like a lot. It's great just walking around and exploring the world and I found coming up with builds to be a lot of fun with a full respec mod. I'm quite looking forward to the expansion.

Another example of the advantages of not following games before launch and getting hyped. I think 100% my feelings on the game would be very different now if I had have been hyped before release. I also got it for like half price when it was in a 10x better state. There's no advantage to hype.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Cyberpunk rules. Night City is one of my favorite open worlds to gently caress around in.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

Cyberpunk is weirdly okay now, hot take. It isn't what everyone expected from the hype, but it's a pretty fun open world in itself imo. Definitely understandable that people are still pissed tho.

I'm keeping an eye on what happens with Redfall. No Man's Sky is the most prominent, but not only, example of a game that can be totally, utterly trash at release to become something brilliant. But it requires a lot of dedication, commitment and care from the devs to do so.

No Man's Sky is an amazing game at this point, as long as you vibe with the genre, and is so far from what it was at release, and honestly I feel it lives up to what they showed initially at E3.

Final Fantasy (11 I think) I another example. No game is really unsalvagable or irreparable, but the devs have to want to make it good. For most companies, well, that isn't worth it. Which is a shame. Redfall may be disappointing, but I disagree with everyone who says it could never be fixed. A lot of the game could be improved vastly with a proper patch or two. AI etc needs a lot more, but a lot is imminently fixable.

Cyberpunk was a fun game on launch marred by technical hiccups and the police chase AI was pretty lame. No Man's Sky massively oversold what it could do but it always at least had heart (not my cup of tea despite all the patches).

By the time you make Redfall good, it's not Redfall anymore.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I mean, you say that with the power of hindsight, but when those games came out people said the same thing about them.

A good open world looter shooter. If that's what Redfall is aiming for I don't think it's anywhere near impossible to do. If you don't like looter shooters then yeah, you'll always hate it. But I'm a fan of the genre, and I can easily see it getting to the point of being worthwhile.

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands was also capable of being Really Good(TM) but after the obligatory DLC they dropped support and work, and it will never get there. A tale as old as time.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Wiltsghost posted:

Cyberpunk rules. Night City is one of my favorite open worlds to gently caress around in.

I will constantly admit I was wrong about it initially. It is really good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

syntaxfunction posted:

Ooh yeah, Cyberpunk is pretty good now. I finished the story back at launch, but then sidelined the game, and now that I have a new PC that can play it at max settings even with path tracing, I have been playing it again but going through all of the side content.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
I broke my Series X controller and now I am looking for a replacement. I found a guy on FB marketplace selling his unused Elite 2 controller in box for $80? The guy said he bought it back in February. Should I take a chance on that or just get another Series X controller thats cheap?

Kinda worried about the quality control issues on the Elite 2 that Ive been hearing and I am hesitant on buying it because of that. But drat I am tempted by all the neat features.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

You should get one with custom colours.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I keep reading it has the same internals as the regular controller apart from like the battery but I love mine, feels a lot heavier and sturdier than the regular one. I bought it because for a while in 2022 it was super hard to get regular controllers and it’s held up well so far. I even bought another one used as backup for €80 too :v: the features are neat but I wish you could tighten the sticks a bit more. I can never get used to the paddles but i love switching out the stick/pad things and the case/charging station is neat.

What’s been happening lately is random brief disconnects but I don’t know if that’s a controller issue, an elite controller issue or a general Xbox issue.

e: if presented with the choice i’d probably go with custom colors too, now, yeah

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

You should get one with custom colours.

Still waiting to be able to buy the Starfield one.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Green Gloves posted:

I broke my Series X controller and now I am looking for a replacement. I found a guy on FB marketplace selling his unused Elite 2 controller in box for $80? The guy said he bought it back in February. Should I take a chance on that or just get another Series X controller thats cheap?

Kinda worried about the quality control issues on the Elite 2 that Ive been hearing and I am hesitant on buying it because of that. But drat I am tempted by all the neat features.

Tough buy without being able to return it if it's bad.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
What’s warranty etc like where you live? In Germany we have like two years out of the gate but you’d need the receipt if the seller still has it.

mem
Sep 1, 2005
I wouldn't buy an elite 2. I got about a year and a half out of mine before I started having issues with the A button and the left stick. Microsoft wanted like $100 to repair so I just sold it.

I really like the regular series controllers - that's what I use on PC now as well.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Has this Radiant Silvergun game ever been free with GWG? I clicked the link to go buy it, but my only option was "install to.." so I guess I already owned it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Has this Radiant Silvergun game ever been free with GWG? I clicked the link to go buy it, but my only option was "install to.." so I guess I already owned it.

I'm pretty sure it has, yes.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://twitter.com/Focus_entmt/status/1656242761681588225?s=20

cool, nice

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
What kind of games are those? I thought they were like Telltale choose your own adventure games.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

What kind of games are those? I thought they were like Telltale choose your own adventure games.

It's a The Last Of Us-Alike

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

It's a The Last Of Us-Alike

that phrase just obliterated my spleen

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Over-the-shoulder action games with discrete levels instead of an open world. Gameplay is a mixture of action and problem solving.

Requiem is one of the prettiest games of this generation imo, and is well worth checking out. It’s on GamePass so it’s not like you have anything to lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
It's definitely worth checking out, though if you're like me and get frustrated/bored easily with touchy and poorly signposted stealth stuff you might want to consider dropping everything down to easy and just taking in the story.

I liked large swaths of that game but found myself annoyed by how much everybody talked. They're crawling around in pig poo poo and human remains whispering pages of dialogue at one another and it's like, one, why am I breaking my neck to keep you people undiscovered if you're just going to talk at each other three feet from a guard, and two, you don't realize how annoying whispering is until it's basically every line you hear.

There's also a certain level of "why am I meant to root for these people again" because the basic loop of the game hinges entirely upon the selfish and lovely decisions your character keeps making.