Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

IDK how anyone is doing this poo poo at lvl40 because I'm struggling

either I get wrecked earlier in the map because tingying is made out of paper at level 50 and I have nothing better than a lvl40 3☆ harmony LC that actually works for her instead of being for a different character.

I can see vestiges of the shushang/tingyun/natasha/pela being useful for SU5 but I am pretty convinced this build assumes you have everyone at lvl60 w/ 4☆ LC also at 60, along with at least lvl6+ full relic sets and some traces upgraded, otherwise it's too much of a glass "cannon".

The furthest I got was w/ FireMC, failed on 85% phase 3 but this was with the Hunt path, which was helpful clearing content in a timely manner....but if I try again with the abundance path then I'll be clearing content much slower which is pretty annoying.

If people are doing it at 40, that’s impressive since even at 50 it warns you you’re low level.

Do you not have any 5*? I did it at 50 with half that party (sanpo and nat) but I also used fire MC and built my blessings around Clara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ultrachrist posted:

If people are doing it at 40, that’s impressive since even at 50 it warns you you’re low level.

Do you not have any 5*? I did it at 50 with half that party (sanpo and nat) but I also used fire MC and built my blessings around Clara.

character list:

highest leveled relics:

Light cones:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
World 5 is about debuff management at the end; you want to understand Kafka's moveset so that you know the timing of her big AOE and her mind control moves, you want to have something ready to clear Dominated/Psych as quickly as possible, and you want to have enough staying power to chip her down. Abundance gives you the toolset for that.

World 6 is about burndown. I go straight Hunt there, because I want that resonance to blast her ice tree sidekicks, I want to take Bronya off the board as quickly as possible in Phase 2, and I _really_ want Phase 3 to go smoothly because if you let her and her recurring frost storm hang around long enough, she will take you out. If I pick Hunt, energy-on-kill and two-bars as its upgrades, she can summon the ice sidekicks and they're gone with one click AND my resonance energy refills.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

sushibandit posted:

On the plus side, the paid battlepass track provides the second-best "value" per dollar spent, after the daily login thing. On the minus side, it's still paying something so anyone dead set on staying F2P won't benefit from it.

I would strongly consider buying at least the first battlepass round if you're enjoying the game so far and have 10bux to spare - the additional credits and materials really help a lot with leveling up characters, the weapons are generically "good", and this early into the game's lifecycle everyone is leveling up their entire roster leading to chronic resource shortages.

Edit
My biggest complaint with SU so far is that it seems like the path you pick at the beginning does absolutely nothing for actually determining what blessings you're offered. I tried Hunt in SU5 earlier today and literally not a single one of the first 5 sets of blessings included a hunt option. That's with rerolling them too. For gently caress's sake, game.

Yeah they should really up the weighting on the starting path for buffs significantly, sucks to start with Elation or something but then end up with only a handful of Elation 1*s.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I beat world 5 Kafka with no debuff cleansing in the party and no abundance blessings through raw brute force at level 50 with FireMC/Bailu/Sushang/Tingyun, though it took one wiped attempt. It only really got super dicey in phase 3 where you can get RNGed out if all the mind controls focus fire the same target.

Natasha instead of Bailu would make it easier, since you'd remove the most RNG part of the fight. The biggest check for beating her is just making sure everyone has a +9 purple hat at least so you have enough HP that she's not vaporizing you when she AoEs.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

IDK how anyone is doing this poo poo at lvl40 because I'm struggling

either I get wrecked earlier in the map because tingying is made out of paper at level 50 and I have nothing better than a lvl40 3☆ harmony LC that actually works for her instead of being for a different character.

I can see vestiges of the shushang/tingyun/natasha/pela being useful for SU5 but I am pretty convinced this build assumes you have everyone at lvl60 w/ 4☆ LC also at 60, along with at least lvl6+ full relic sets and some traces upgraded, otherwise it's too much of a glass "cannon".

The furthest I got was w/ FireMC, failed on 85% phase 3 but this was with the Hunt path, which was helpful clearing content in a timely manner....but if I try again with the abundance path then I'll be clearing content much slower which is pretty annoying.

I went Seele, Welt, Sampo, Natasha for 5 and went full abundance with all of them at level 50. Used the reroll to make sure I kept getting abundance blessings. At least for my run what benefited was making sure I got the the abundance path that causes the resonance skill to get rid of debuffs (and also guard against them) and path that makes it so that the first time you cast the resonance skill it becomes its own like separate character in the turn list that triggers every time it's turn it's up. That combined with all the abundance blessings that are like "gain Def, Spd, Attack, etc when healed" made it so I never died and was doing what felt like decent damage by the end of the run. Seele's Ult was critting for something like 13k every single time it went off. I definitely got lucky with my rolls though (had like 2 or 3 of the 3-star abundance blessings) and a clutch natasha ult saved the run from death. It's not fast but with some good RNG abundance turns into an absolute monstrosity by the end of an SU.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Does the eating contest on the luofu ever come back? The guy in boulder town just let me try to stuff my face wtih crabs again, but the steamed bun lady hasn't given me the option since I choked on some buns a couple days ago.

Also, it's rather strange that I had to advance the story a fair bit until I could start poking at these boxes, the trashcans were available the second you could set foot in the city.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I managed to clear Forgotten Hall 14 and 15 with Gepard on one side and Natasha on the other, barely. Not even close to a 3-star, though. Would not recommend attempting at EL3 unless you like pain.

The first stage in the rotating section is another step up from there, so I don't think it's feasible to make meaningful progress in there before the reset. EL4 should come in around the end of the next cycle, so that might be a different story.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Substandard posted:

I got to the world 5 SU boss with my ragtag group of level 50s, but between not having an imaginary person at all or wind person leveled up (making Sushang my only person who can break her) and being underleveled I don't think I have the DPS to pull it off until I get to Trailblazer 40 / level 60 on my people.

I did retool my trailblazer with a bunch more defense oriented relics and got her over 1500 defense and she seems to do roughly the same midling damage but the shields and survivability are much better and I can at least see why people like it now.

Use Dan, he's stupidly good. He's going to be stable for a while until a 5* wind person comes along

delfin posted:

World 5 is about debuff management at the end; you want to understand Kafka's moveset so that you know the timing of her big AOE and her mind control moves, you want to have something ready to clear Dominated/Psych as quickly as possible, and you want to have enough staying power to chip her down. Abundance gives you the toolset for that.

World 6 is about burndown. I go straight Hunt there, because I want that resonance to blast her ice tree sidekicks, I want to take Bronya off the board as quickly as possible in Phase 2, and I _really_ want Phase 3 to go smoothly because if you let her and her recurring frost storm hang around long enough, she will take you out. If I pick Hunt, energy-on-kill and two-bars as its upgrades, she can summon the ice sidekicks and they're gone with one click AND my resonance energy refills.

Also in phase 3 don't get complacent and gently caress up breaking the bars and let her use her ult

it basically one shots you

gently caress

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

double post oops

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm hoping that whatever the MC ends up becoming next, that follow-up attacks are part of their kit so that everyone can enjoy Elation builds in SU.

I'm building MC as a shielder because I find that function is absolutely starting to get needed (level 60) and its MC or March and March simply just isn't a reliable hate magnet. Great character otherwise.

Clara + March however is a team core I definitely want to build eventually.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I find March's shield-taunt more reliable than the MC's taunt, personally. MC can simply miss, or maybe get lapped by fast enough enemies so the taunt falls off. Or adds get summoned, etc etc.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Sampo I’m logging in because of insomnia please don’t be dramatic in my texts.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-MFg_0wY4U

Jing Yuan gets his own animated trailer apparently and Jing Liu shows up in it. Looks like Jing Liu was his master way back when but was apparently cursed somehow and he had to take her out, but if she's a playable character she's obviously going to somehow reappear in the story, probably as a boss first I imagine,.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

According to that trailer she got mara, which is the generic "you've lived too long and now you're going fuckin' apeshit" thing that a bunch of the enemies in Space China have.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kanos posted:

According to that trailer she got mara, which is the generic "you've lived too long and now you're going fuckin' apeshit" thing that a bunch of the enemies in Space China have.

I thought Mara was something to do with Abundance and that secret society chasing immortality again. The animations are pretty much the green/yellow leaves you see when the stellaron renews space deer.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

m.hache posted:

I thought Mara was something to do with Abundance and that secret society chasing immortality again. The animations are pretty much the green/yellow leaves you see when the stellaron renews space deer.

Their long lives ultimately come from the old blessing of the Abundance, so I figured it was an "immortality going out of control" thing where they start manifesting too much life energy or whatever. It doesn't appear that they age at all otherwise, so that's basically how they die of old age, and it can be accelerated or stalled by lifestyle choices. The secret society contributes to it, but they're not the only source and it seems to happen to them naturally.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The characters talk about Mara like it's always been a thing since the immortality started, yeah. even if your body never ages your soul eventually breaks down, or whatever.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
It's also mentioned somewhere that while normally being mara struck drives them insane, the abundance people seem to have figured out how to trigger it while keeping their minds intact, so it's not like it's an inevitable death except that the hunt people want to destroy everything related to the abundance.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

The characters talk about Mara like it's always been a thing since the immortality started, yeah. even if your body never ages your soul eventually breaks down, or whatever.

That makes sense. I go through periods of reading what people are saying and just mad clicking through side quests. I did enjoy the cat fishing story arc though. Giving so much of Astas cash to the scammers to have them freak out and try to return it was great

As an aside, I have the LVL 30 free 4* light one from the Nameless stuff. Was there a must have in that list?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Cirina posted:

It's also mentioned somewhere that while normally being mara struck drives them insane, the abundance people seem to have figured out how to trigger it while keeping their minds intact, so it's not like it's an inevitable death except that the hunt people want to destroy everything related to the abundance.

Technically it is only the end of their lives because their friends kill them afterwards...

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

m.hache posted:

The video has Jingliu saying "to be stricken with mara is to be long-life species", suggesting that it's something that happens to every single Xianzhou person eventually if they live long enough, Abundance dickery or not. During the shot of Jingliu going nuts there's also a voiceover of some folks - presumably doctors or officials - saying "No sense of time, humanity waning" - this suggests to me that when you get mara you just kind of go insane, supported by the fact that the mara-stricken dude Jing Yuan and Jingliu are fighting doesn't recognize them at all.

This leads into the bit where Jing Yuan is teaching Yanqing in the exact same way as Jingliu was teaching him, presumably because he knows one day he's going to go nuts and Yanqing is going to need to put him down like he did to Jingliu.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
So what cones are worth picking up from the mirrorverse and Herta's stash?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

devious of them to put the space widsith behind the :retrogames: battle pass

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Cleared SU 6 with a nihility team of Fire MC/Nat/Sampo/Serval, and then tried to replicate it and ran into three runs in a row where I did not get any nihility blessings before I gave up.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Looks like Jing Liu is voiced by veteran seiyuu Houko Kuwashima in Japanese btw. Solid casting choice, been in and around the sci-fi anime scene for literal decades.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

I find March's shield-taunt more reliable than the MC's taunt, personally. MC can simply miss, or maybe get lapped by fast enough enemies so the taunt falls off. Or adds get summoned, etc etc.

Maybe. My half built fire MC almost got me through a certain boss fight I struggled with before so once I finish building out the relics & such I feel okay about it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 46 hours!)

Mild story predictions after the cutoff
Tingyun seemed very excited seeing the tree revive.
I think she might do a small heel turn in the second half. She is also a merchant so if profit also aligns with her awe of it, I think it could happen

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

GateOfD posted:

Mild story predictions after the cutoff
Tingyun seemed very excited seeing the tree revive.
I think she might do a small heel turn in the second half. She is also a merchant so if profit also aligns with her awe of it, I think it could happen

Tingyun's dialogue has a lot of hints that she's not content with even the extended lifespan that Foxians seem to have, so yeah I think she might be interested in taking a trip to Abundance town.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

So what cones are worth picking up from the mirrorverse and Herta's stash?
time for the official endorph lightcone review dudnunddund

note: keep in mind all the mirror store LCs can show up in the gacha randomly too, but the herta LCs are exclusive to it. also note that Herta's store lets you superimpose the light cones more cheaply (you only need 16 hertabux to make out one) while you just have to rawdog buy five copies from the mirrorverse

herta's store

Cruising in the Stellar Sea - Hunt: Increases Crit Rate by 8%(si1)/16% (si5), and an extra 8%/16% against enemies with 50% or less HP remaining. When the wearer defeats an enemy, they gain 20%/50% attack for 2 turns.

Really good. The amount of crit rate at SI1 seems small, but as I said, herta cones can be SI'd up easier, and 16% is pretty significant - for comparison, a crit rate mainstat 5* relic gives 32%, so its exactly half a good relic. And against enemies at half HP, its exactly a good relic. Only real concern is capping out on crit rate, but this early on that really isn't a concern. Synergizes well with basically every hunt character too. Dan Heng and Yanqing have crit scaling in their kits, (Dan's crit slows, Yanqing just having free crit damage), and Seele synergizes with the second part, the attack buff on kill. Sushang has no real synergy with it, but crit is crit.

Worth noting that there is an extremely good 4* Hunt Light Cone, Swordplay, that is competitive.

On the Fall of an Aeon - Destruction: Whenever the wearer attacks, their ATK is increased by 8/16% in this battle, up to 4 stacks. When the wearer inflicts Weakness Break on enemies, the wearer's DMG increases by 12/24% for 2 turns.

Pretty good? Obviously designed for longer fights, at least 4 turns, but once you've hit those four turns you're hitting pretty hard. The weakness break buff is decent too, especially if you have a team that can actually break the boss consistently.

The 4* Destruction light cones aren't as good, with one exception we'll get into with the mirrorverse store.

Texture of Memories - Preservation: Increases the wearer's Effect RES by 8/16%. If the wearer is attacked and has no Shield, they gain a Shield equal to 16/32% of their Max HP for 2 turns. This effect can only be triggered once every 3 turns. If the wearer has a Shield when attacked, the DMG they receive decreases by 12/24%.

Honestly, kiiiind of eh? It makes a character into a super tank, but it doesn't really help the team at all, and most of the existing preservation characters want to protect the whole team. There's a lot of 4* preservation cones that reduce the damage the whole team takes, and there's plenty of bosses that toss out strong AOE attacks.

Herta's Store overall: In a vacuum, Stellar Sea > Aeon > Texture. That said, are you using a hunt character or a destruction character, and do you have an SI5 swordplay. Cause if either of the latter two, go for Aeon. That said if you're using one specific destruction character, there's another LC that's better for them.

Mirrorverse

the good ones here are abundance (give a random ally energy regen on the wearer's turn), harmony (after using skill the next ally deals extra damage), and destruction (increased attack and increased damage to enemies that are burning/bleeding.) notably destruction outdoes aeon on Pitchdark Hook the Great. erudition and nihility are fine, preservation is eh, hunt is bad.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Kanos posted:

Tingyun's dialogue has a lot of hints that she's not content with even the extended lifespan that Foxians seem to have, so yeah I think she might be interested in taking a trip to Abundance town.

I mean we know (leak content spoiler) Dan Heng will unlock a different path as a 5*, so a 5* Abundance Tingyun is not totally out of the question somewhere down the line

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 10, 2023

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Texture of Memories seems 100% completely tailor made for Fire MC taunt spamming.

I'm curious why you think River Flows In Spring is bad; most of the "what light cones to use?!?" sources I've seen talk it up as the best general 4* cone for Hunt after Swordplay(which is itself kind of niche because it requires you to attack the same target 5 times in a row to stack up and drops all your stacks instantly if you have to hit anything else for any reason).

Kanos fucked around with this message at 13:40 on May 10, 2023

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

multiple hit attacks give multiple swordplay stacks so it builds up faster than you'd think, its pretty amazingly good. my sushang w/ half the attack of seele can do comparable damage skill v skill, albeit her speed is lower, but her ult gives her another turn so she usually gets a similar amount of turns

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

note: keep in mind all the mirror store LCs can show up in the gacha randomly too
I thought that at first too, but they're not on the list in the banner details in-game:

They do have a chance to drop from the weekly bosses, and you get some (one of each?) for free from quests and the local currency shops, so they're like craftable weapons in Genshin, functionally.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oh, my bad. I had some of them already so I just assumed they were from the gacha, but them being random drops from the weekly bosses makes sense.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 46 hours!)

Kind of confused on how speed works, how much speed do I need to go twice in ‘one cycle’ based on mirror verse time

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kanos posted:

I'm curious why you think River Flows In Spring is bad; most of the "what light cones to use?!?" sources I've seen talk it up as the best general 4* cone for Hunt after Swordplay(which is itself kind of niche because it requires you to attack the same target 5 times in a row to stack up and drops all your stacks instantly if you have to hit anything else for any reason).
Also yeah, as Indecisive pointed out its not 'attack the same target 5 times in a row,' its 5 hits. Seele builds it all the way up in a single ult for instance.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

time for the official endorph lightcone review dudnunddund

note: keep in mind all the mirror store LCs can show up in the gacha randomly too, but the herta LCs are exclusive to it. also note that Herta's store lets you superimpose the light cones more cheaply (you only need 16 hertabux to make out one) while you just have to rawdog buy five copies from the mirrorverse

herta's store

Cruising in the Stellar Sea - Hunt: Increases Crit Rate by 8%(si1)/16% (si5), and an extra 8%/16% against enemies with 50% or less HP remaining. When the wearer defeats an enemy, they gain 20%/50% attack for 2 turns.

Really good. The amount of crit rate at SI1 seems small, but as I said, herta cones can be SI'd up easier, and 16% is pretty significant - for comparison, a crit rate mainstat 5* relic gives 32%, so its exactly half a good relic. And against enemies at half HP, its exactly a good relic. Only real concern is capping out on crit rate, but this early on that really isn't a concern. Synergizes well with basically every hunt character too. Dan Heng and Yanqing have crit scaling in their kits, (Dan's crit slows, Yanqing just having free crit damage), and Seele synergizes with the second part, the attack buff on kill. Sushang has no real synergy with it, but crit is crit.

Worth noting that there is an extremely good 4* Hunt Light Cone, Swordplay, that is competitive.

On the Fall of an Aeon - Destruction: Whenever the wearer attacks, their ATK is increased by 8/16% in this battle, up to 4 stacks. When the wearer inflicts Weakness Break on enemies, the wearer's DMG increases by 12/24% for 2 turns.

Pretty good? Obviously designed for longer fights, at least 4 turns, but once you've hit those four turns you're hitting pretty hard. The weakness break buff is decent too, especially if you have a team that can actually break the boss consistently.

The 4* Destruction light cones aren't as good, with one exception we'll get into with the mirrorverse store.

Texture of Memories - Preservation: Increases the wearer's Effect RES by 8/16%. If the wearer is attacked and has no Shield, they gain a Shield equal to 16/32% of their Max HP for 2 turns. This effect can only be triggered once every 3 turns. If the wearer has a Shield when attacked, the DMG they receive decreases by 12/24%.

Honestly, kiiiind of eh? It makes a character into a super tank, but it doesn't really help the team at all, and most of the existing preservation characters want to protect the whole team. There's a lot of 4* preservation cones that reduce the damage the whole team takes, and there's plenty of bosses that toss out strong AOE attacks.

Herta's Store overall: In a vacuum, Stellar Sea > Aeon > Texture. That said, are you using a hunt character or a destruction character, and do you have an SI5 swordplay. Cause if either of the latter two, go for Aeon. That said if you're using one specific destruction character, there's another LC that's better for them.

Mirrorverse

the good ones here are abundance (give a random ally energy regen on the wearer's turn), harmony (after using skill the next ally deals extra damage), and destruction (increased attack and increased damage to enemies that are burning/bleeding.) notably destruction outdoes aeon on Pitchdark Hook the Great. erudition and nihility are fine, preservation is eh, hunt is bad.

Sick that gives me some thoughts to work off, cheers endorph

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I got torn on what banner to pull on. At first I settled on the next one, but my brain is screaming we have a Lightning Erudition at home. I ended up watching youtube videos trying to find advice, and a lot of them were saying to hold even longer, but I am not sure how context dependent that advice is depending on your team. I would prefer Seele over the lightning guy if I win the 50/50, but I would rather have his 4*s as a consolation prize if I lose the 50/50. Maybe I can roll up to the soft pity for the 4* on the next banner, and be happy if I get a 5* not on pity, and then save the rest for something upcoming. Also should be able to get to EL3 today :toot:.

Also, I just noticed Welt (as one of my better single target DPSs) and Fire MC are both using level 30 3* weapons, I should probably do something about that.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

GateOfD posted:

Kind of confused on how speed works, how much speed do I need to go twice in ‘one cycle’ based on mirror verse time
Having 100 speed gets you exactly one turn every cycle. Having more than 100 causes you to gradually creep up the turn order and eventually get an "extra" turn during one specific "cycle", and the higher it is, the more frequently that happens. Having less than 100 does the opposite. If it scales in a sensible way, 200 speed should give you exactly two turns every single cycle, but I haven't tested it enough to say for sure.