Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

I'm seeking a refund on this one because it required agreeing to ludicrously overreaching data exposure in a privacy agreement before I could play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Stux posted:

yeah its an orc game. avoid like the plague. with your help we will finally defeat putin.

right? what a terrible poster being conscious of not funding war criminals

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

SwissDonkey posted:

Don't bother, stux is the forum pet of video games and is allowed to post whatever they want, responding won't change anything.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SwissDonkey posted:

It's highly likely the devs have nothing to do with Russian MIC/government nor does buying the game likely support the invasion of Ukraine, slightly less likely but still probable that they no longer live in Russia to avoid the draft, and if not funding game devs from a country that commits atrocities is a priority then I hope you don't play anything with Ten Cent or Saudi Arabian investment fund stock ownership.

Buying or not buying video games is only rarely a point of activism.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

SwissDonkey posted:

being an insane xenophobe who has a panic attack on seeing russians ftw

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If we're talking good Russian games that aren't Pathologic, Ash of Gods and Space Rangers 2 easily make my list and the new Ash of Gods game was already mentioned earlier.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I mention Space Rangers 2 despite it being old as hell because more people need to know about that game

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Runa posted:

I mention Space Rangers 2 despite it being old as hell because more people need to know about that game

Just never play the rts sections

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
just noticed hades 2 has a full english language option. did some searching and the devs are american. idk about yall but i dont feel comfy supporting a war crime nation who is currently drone striking the middle east. stay strong. we WILL make them stop ✊

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
drat for a moment I thought hades 2 was out

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
There's a better reason not to play Voidtrain: It's really grindy and it takes forever to make progress. They also haven't patched it since June (it had a one-year exclusivity deal with Epic), which is worrisome for a game in Early Access.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

Stux posted:

just noticed hades 2 has a full english language option. did some searching and the devs are american. idk about yall but i dont feel comfy supporting a war crime nation who is currently drone striking the middle east. stay strong. we WILL make them stop ✊

Jesus christ, what is with this edgelord poo poo? Dude asked a question, relax.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

lost in postation posted:

Pretty sure you're thinking of The Banner Saga.

Yes, thank you!

Oh god it’s almost ten years old…

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

JackBandit posted:

Again, stux is the forum pet and Jeffrey loves and encourages that kind of posting because he thinks it's the core of SA. Just ignore them.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Jarvisi posted:

Just never play the rts sections

Pfft, just get robots with four missiles and treads, then take manual control of one and shoot enemies from beyond the range they can attack, constantly moving backwards when they try to chase you.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

JackBandit posted:

thi.ls. its perrfectly normal to see russian on supported language and lose your mind. if we dont treat all russian ppl as putin the war WILL be lost :patriot:

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Stux posted:

thi.ls. its perrfectly normal to see russian on supported language and lose your mind. if we dont treat all russian ppl as putin the war WILL be lost :patriot:

are you retarded?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Stux posted:

Indeed and we should imprison everybody who boycotts Israel as well

RisqueBarber posted:

are you retarded?
Do you need to ask?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

RisqueBarber posted:

are you retarded?

Touch grass, bigot freak

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

JackBandit posted:

the question was extremely stupid and offensive. op deserves it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

steinrokkan posted:

lmfgao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
screaming at random ppl from israel and when questioned reply with the iron clad response "im doing bds"

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I'm just going to wait another 6-12 months and buy the games after Russia loses.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Another proud day for gamers itt

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It was a dumb question, gaming forums have a weird obsession with tying developers’ home countries into having some sort of innate hatred, or having support for war crimes. Anyone (and their family) can be jailed for being vocal against the war effort there.

Unless they’re being super vocal FOR the war and cheering for violence I don’t see the point of just boycotting random developers. I’m fine with having personal lines in the sand, I’ve just never understood this one because it’s not really rooted in logic.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Taxation from the sale would support the war effort. It's not a lot, probably not enough to make a real difference on the ground, but it sure feels bad. Nothing against any specific Devs, but I'll just wait this one out.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bug Squash posted:

Taxation from the sale would support the war effort. It's not a lot, but it sure feels bad. Nothing against any specific Devs, but I'll just wait this one out.
Taxation of American products funds the largest military on the planet and we’ve done some lovely things! (And will continue to do them)

I don’t see the point in punishing people for participating in society and trying to make a living when they themselves likely oppose the war.

But it’s your line to draw, I’m not gonna be aggro like Stux. I just think it’s a little silly. When I buy games I’m only concerned about what the dev/publisher have been responsible for doing or saying.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
new games

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

Bug Squash posted:

Taxation from the sale would support the war effort. It's not a lot, probably not enough to make a real difference on the ground, but it sure feels bad. Nothing against any specific Devs, but I'll just wait this one out.

[rousing myself to sit upright, letting the chips on my chest fall to the ground] and my axe!! oorah!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Bug Squash posted:

steinrokkan posted:

Do you need to ask?

yall hear about that zelda game?

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
new games+

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
please keep it to
in this thread

:thanks:

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Bug Squash posted:

You literally cannot buy anything if you follow this logic

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
Pinball FX showed up on Steam a couple of weeks ago after being locked down over at Epic for a while:

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256939662/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1680712917

On the subject of not freaking out, the game has Mixed reviews but this is largely due to people being really angry at a new version being released that has an improved physics engine (important with pinball) and really great HDR support (turn it on and try to deny that it isn't really cool).

The game itself is really fun and I can finally play really good versions of Addams Family, Bride of Pinbot (where is Pinbot though?), and Twilight Zone.

If you're a PinballFX2 owner and mad about being asked to pay for minor upgrades (understandable too), you can still download this and only buy the new tables and participate in the online tournaments.

Recommended even though it might cause a shitstorm but I'm willing to weather a shitstorm over video pinball over whatever the gently caress is happening in this thread right now.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1864790/1BITDRAGON/
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256867356/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1673390195

quote:

Anyone can make music! 1BITDRAGON is a music creation software super easy to use, instant and fun.
Not exactly a game but a super casual music creation program. 95% positive out of 122.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1598910/The_Excrawlers/
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256928617/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1675450236

quote:

Action-RPG slasher in which you have to get into the dark atmosphere of dungeons full of monsters and madness.
A few months old but I missed it at the time. 89% positive out of 39.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1730250/Panorama/
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256945896/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1683615197
Relax and unleash your creativity in this new city building puzzle game. Create amazing landscapes and discover wide range of structures with special abilities. Enter the world of beauty and tranquility with the panoramas of your own creation and don't forget to pet your new

quote:

animal friends!
83% positive out of 62. Pretty shameless Dorfromantik clone but if you liked that you'll probably like this.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
loving hell if you can't stand being teased about avoiding Russian games, when the game is actually made by a Russian dev who seems to have moved to Cyprus and probably isn't directly bankrolling Putin, then I don't know what to tell you. Make your purchasing decisions, that's fine.

I urge the use of the ignore button if a particular poster annoys you. If you think we're handling something badly, hit the feedback thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
maybe if anyone wants to talk politics of any kind they can do it outside of the 'thread for new video games that are coming out' as there are many places to do that.

I don't think your 'you should be teased for not wanting to buy Russian games since the dev lives in cyprus' is a very good position as you're just stating your own political opinion in a thread that shouldn't have anything to do with politics. Just probate anyone who talks politics in a thread that has nothing to do with that, then probate yourself I guess for the same reason