Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

holy loly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

priznat posted:

The only good thing about the longer twitter posts is that it cuts off poo poo like this before they finally reach whatever moronic point they were trying to say and we can move on without expanding it to read it. Definitely a plus!

I've been thinking the exact same thing, lol.

Fuckers are verbosing their way out of anyone having to see their bullshit.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

loving double lol. Musk's a CSPAM mod.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Elon wants to be Mr beast for terminally online weirdos. But for all the discourse that surrounds him , you cannot deny the truth of what Mr beast has done, at the end of the day X number of people have received basic medical care.

Elon is the self insert main character in a weird alpha-tech-bro fan-fiction but in reality just fucks up rocket launches, and gets his kit car stuck on the side of the road while twitter becomes ' Quiet Part Loud ' , the social network

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
Why are they so invested in this gut not being a real Nazi? Why is it a "win" for them if he isn't? Are they arguing that real Nazis wouldn't commit mass murder?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Mindless posted:

Why are they so invested in this gut not being a real Nazi? Why is it a "win" for them if he isn't? Are they arguing that real Nazis wouldn't commit mass murder?

They're arguing that Nazism isn't an actual problem in America. That their championing of psycho-nutters politics and talking points isn't isolating and radicalizing people to DO these kind of acts.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yes.

They would deny it up and down but yes, that is what they believe.

Violence is what leftists do. Nazis just march around and wave flags, engaging in the marketplace of ideas. And there aren’t any of them to worry about anyway, it’s leftists and BLM who torch cities

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

shooter was a big fan of LibsofTikTok and Tim Pool. Chuds are also fans of them. They don't want to have to look at themselves and ask why they like the same things as a Nazi

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

Samovar posted:

They're arguing that Nazism isn't an actual problem in America. That their championing of psycho-nutters politics and talking points isn't isolating and radicalizing people to DO these kind of acts.

Ah. Defending their favorite hour-of-hate storytime media. Still, it's a whole lot of "he can't be bad because I think that way too" coming across. Maybe they should be a bit introspective hahaha I can't

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Samovar posted:

Also if it sticks that Nazism Exists, they're next under the same spotlight.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/jules_su/status/1656005035631820804?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

https://twitter.com/jules_su/status/1656072593617690626?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1656143350096093184?cxt=HHwWgIDT-cXm5vstAAAA

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
"Remember when we were capable of enjoying things before conservative brain rot and culture wars took over our lives and turned us into joyless, miserable assholes?"

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Tucker Carlson's on twitter promoting his new show (on twitter) which based on what i understand violates his non-compete clause with Fox which also means Fox may not need to pay him 25M. If that's true hope that Musk cheque is worth it lol

Gonna bet that some lawyer rando looked at Tuckers contract and said that Twitter isn't counted as a platform that would violate the non-compete/exclusivity clause in the contract.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I thought it was already announced that he was voiding the contract and losing the money?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Is 'curing depression' woke now?

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009

This dude got owned so hard he removed his checkmark lmao (or at least I cant see it anymore)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mr Scumbag posted:

"Remember when we were capable of enjoying things before conservative brain rot and culture wars took over our lives and turned us into joyless, miserable assholes?"

"Remember when comedians could make ethnic jokes and the targeted minorities would just take it on the chin and laugh along because they knew it was just a joke bro"

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

theghostpt posted:

This dude got owned so hard he removed his checkmark lmao (or at least I cant see it anymore)

Holy lol, can confirm there was a check when that post was new

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
He also removed his avatar, which was his photo. Dude's humiliated.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

zedprime posted:

Is 'curing depression' woke now?

It's not about not enjoying the things they used to. It's about not being able to target minorities and women like they used to.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

theghostpt posted:

lol it was there about 30 minutes ago when I first saw the tweet

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

theghostpt posted:

It’s gone, burned so hard it melted his check mark

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Mr Scumbag posted:

He also removed his avatar, which was his photo. Dude's humiliated.

At the risk of sounding like a League of Legends player, for you people demented enough to still have Twitter: FUCKIN PUUUSH! Don't let him wiggle away, drag his rear end about this so I can lol

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Elon's new bestest buddy never seems happy about anything :(

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Mulva posted:

If you are from the era of DOS and don't get Discord I can only assume you weren't big into big into early social messaging. Discord is IRC and BBS and voice chat smushed together into one program. That's it.

I'm from the DOS era but I never did IRC. Discord is just a modernized chat room, like the ones Yahoo used to host roughly a thousand years ago.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Songbearer posted:

At the risk of sounding like a League of Legends player, for you people demented enough to still have Twitter: FUCKIN PUUUSH! Don't let him wiggle away, drag his rear end about this so I can lol

guy has 13 followers

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

kazil posted:

guy has 13 followers

One of the responses was something on the lines of "got a blue check and still only has 13 followers". Incredible.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Should have leveraged it to get in on the grift game.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Making fun of Scott Dilbert helped my follower count back in the day.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I like when the meme band does memes on the nazi platform

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Roblo posted:

One of the responses was something on the lines of "got a blue check and still only has 13 followers". Incredible.
don’t forget his posts about the $8 somehow being worth it to make people mad. feeling quite owned over here.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Angela Merkle Tree posted:

an acid test is when you invite the wrong azelia banks over and have to hide in your bedroom tripping balls and committing sec violations

quote:

Over the course of her Instagram story, Banks went on to claim that Musk only took Grimes to the Met Gala so that he’d look good in front of his ex Amber Heard (plausible), that Musk’s wealth comes from colonialism (not entirely untrue), and that Musk is some kind of subhuman caveperson (false and weirdly eugenicist).

:lol: I completely forgot about that :lol:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"subhuman caveperson" is seeming increasingly reasonable.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
https://twitter.com/CardQueenEileen/status/1655814725463330816

My sides :sickos:

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Have blue checks disappeared? I just read the last few pages of this thread and they're not showing for anyone, even Elon. How am I supposed to know whose opinion is worthless without having to read it now?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they made them visible only to other bluechecks.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

What a fuckin goober

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Twitter, a place where the self-owningly, humiliatingly lame are protected by-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

21st Cherry boy posted:

Have blue checks disappeared? I just read the last few pages of this thread and they're not showing for anyone, even Elon. How am I supposed to know whose opinion is worthless without having to read it now?

do you have a browser extension to hide them or something? they are showing up for me