Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Barreft posted:

Paid twitter blue and nonstop delays while milking support? yikes

Sounds like true Elon fans

For a normal person you can't really tell if they paid or not, because Elon gave it randomly to celebrities and tech people. You can tell by looking at what they post or if they have ever tried to justify having it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Can someone tell me why nuclear throne is better than gungeon? It looks too cluttered and confusing to me

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They’re really kinda different experiences. Nuclear Throne is fast paced and arcadey.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I have good info Nintendo is planning for the future

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

According to inside sources, The Joker 2 will have a scene

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

An insider says expect more hedgehog

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Just beat BotW for the first time after owning it for... 4 years? I don't remember how long. Bought it at Christmastime the year after my son was born so yes, 4 years. I remember playing it concurrently with my wife (two single player campaigns) and she got to the end first, so watching that kinda spiked my need/interest to finish and I got distracted and never did. I knew I needed to finish it before Tears came out so... fun game. Can't wait for Friday

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I guess Nintendo has gotten so protective of TotK they had summon up late night submitting DMCA claims against any streamer on Twitch watching the official stream.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

According to inside sources, The Joker 2 will have a scene

The bastards have really gone and done it this time. :argh:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I guess Nintendo has gotten so protective of TotK they had summon up late night submitting DMCA claims against any streamer on Twitch watching the official stream.

Nothing of value lost

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Trying to do the mature thing and I'm going to force myself to finish Metroid Prime Remastered before dropping the hammer on TotK. Almost there, just got the phazon suit.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Idea: open world dating sim called Breasts of the Wife

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Upsidads posted:

Nothing of value lost

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Stop

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

:hmmwrong:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

looks like the embargo on totk reviews lifts tomorrow at 8a eastern.

can't wait!

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Is 24hrs before usually when they lift? I could’ve sworn there have been games recently where the embargo was lifted on like the Tuesday before release day

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Tears of the Kondom

Tayter Swift posted:

Spoiler: it rhymes with "bears," not "fears"

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Who cares about reviews? I’d imagine most people would have a pretty good idea if they want to play the game or not by now.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I enjoy reviews it's like more preview content you can enjoy to get even more hype.

ToTK is a safe bet but reviews have saved my butt from a ton of bad games that look p cool at surface glance

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

NEVER BE
GAME JOURNALIST

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Is 24hrs before usually when they lift? I could’ve sworn there have been games recently where the embargo was lifted on like the Tuesday before release day

It really depends and is at the discretion of the publisher. There have been reviews dropped as much as a week early, sometimes we see two weeks. Usually its a sign of a publisher that is super confident in their game when they allow really early reviews. If a game review embargo is a day early, or day of release, that is typically a bad sign, but this is Nintendo, so that rule doesn't really apply. We all know Tears of the Kingdom is a 10/10 game, don't really need reviews to state the obvious. I'm just here for the ones that will clickbait with a bad faith low review score.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Some brave soul will give TotK an 8.8.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Palmtree Panic posted:

Some brave soul will give TotK an 8.8.

BotW is only worth a 7.5, so that seems fair.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
can we hear more about Breasts of the Wife please

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

BotW is only worth a 7.5, so that seems fair.

Buying it 7 times is understandable. Is the .5 when you bought it on sale?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Isn't that Genshin Impact

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

American McGay posted:

Who cares about reviews? I’d imagine most people would have a pretty good idea if they want to play the game or not by now.

Hard agree. This is a game I would've gotten regardless. It's only smaller titles for which I bother with reviews and that usually means asking you lot.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

American McGay posted:

AMA request a person who is such an alien to themselves that they have to read reviews to decide if they'd like to play a game or not.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh gosh I couldn't tell if I'd enjoy this game or not but after reading some jackass who rushed through a bit of a game on an unreleased build I finally can make a simple decision

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Hard agree. This is a game I would've gotten regardless. It's only smaller titles for which I bother with reviews and that usually means asking you lot.

They could’ve released the title and release date and not a single frame of actual footage and I would’ve pre-ordered the second it became available

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

ah so my metroid prime 4 amazon pre-order

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wargroove is one of those games that I thought I might enjoy but reviews helped steer me in the right direction further confirmed by how goons ultimately ended up receiving it

Ty reviewers for saving me $20 and 15 or so hours of my life! Played awesome games like dead cells with that time instead

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I could tell Wargroove was bad because it used lame dragons and archers instead of cool planes and tanks

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Eh I thought it looked pretty solid based on trailers, the neat pixel art, and AW-like gameplay flow etc but turns out you can't always get the full picture from a few mins of marketing materials

I still like how it looks fwiw but it's much lower on the priority list thanks to others' sacrifice

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

KingSlime posted:

Eh I thought it looked pretty solid based on trailers, the neat pixel art, and AW-like gameplay flow etc but turns out you can't always get the full picture from a few mins of marketing materials

I still like how it looks fwiw but it's much lower on the priority list thanks to others' sacrifice

The marketing was good and the game's got a slick production. It just sucks to play. Ok that's a bit harsh but it's not super fun.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
there is also now Actual Advance Wars available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

FlapYoJacks posted:

Buying it 7 times is understandable. Is the .5 when you bought it on sale?

Expansion pass