Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Nice And Toasty Omelettes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

HonorableTB posted:

Let's just rename it the gently caress Russia Alliance, nice and easy to remember

Call it what it is;

The China-Russia Antagonism Protectorate

...Why is everyone giggling? :confused:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
CONAN

Coalition Of Non-russian Aligned Nations

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I doubt Japan, NZ, or Australia, will join NATO. There are a lot of NATO members who really don't want to get involved in Pacific geopolitics, and I'd imagine building a consensus in countries like Germany, Hungary, and Spain on the possibility of being dragged in to a shooting war with China is going to be impossible.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

TulliusCicero posted:

*2025: US makes NATO global, Russia insists they have played right into their hand*

*The Last Russian Tank in Ukraine explodes due to poor maintenance, Russia insists "Just getting warmed up*
I have been strong my entire life but if things get much worse for Russia while their attitude remains unchanged I am going to have no choice but to quote Monty Python and perhaps even display an animated .GIF of the Black Knight missing his limbs

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tarquinn posted:

CONAN

Coalition Of Non-russian Aligned Nations

CROM

Counter Russian Operations Mandate

And if they will not listen, then to to hell with them!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

No Russias Club (we can even take in Belarus later and still keep the name)

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

NATO World Organization. Maybe IllumiNATO.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I can't help but picture the Japanese NATO office as one basement room, filled with manilla folders and overflowing filing cabinets, as one harassed admin assistant tried to find which of the 12 phones is currently ringing and spilling his coffee and armful of documents on the floor and his pants, making it look like he peed.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

So just like normal then?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Haterade

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Japan does offer a powerful force projection tool in Mechagodzilla

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

Hey everyone GloBeato here with another episode of what makes this alliance great

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Call it what it is;

The China-Russia Antagonism Protectorate

...Why is everyone giggling? :confused:

Oh god drat it.

naem
May 29, 2011

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

There's a story breaking on CNN about Japan being in talks to open a NATO office.

In Japan...

Nice job, Putin! Now get the gently caress out of Ukraine

This owns so bad lol

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1656320666453278724
more air defense on the way.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

lmao wish we could make images thread titles

The reports of Russians fragging each other for trying to surrender are true. A Russian tried to signal to a drone that he wanted to surrender, the drone dropped a note for him to follow, and the other Russians backshot him as he tried to surrender. He managed to live and surrender successfully. Morale is exceedingly high!

This badass old babushka in Mariupol is cutting down Russian flags with scissors

Latest casualties. Lol at destroying one more tank than Russia paraded

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 10, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Lots of bavovna lately

https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPress/status/1656275823651954688?s=20

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

HonorableTB posted:

The reports of Russians fragging each other for trying to surrender are true. A Russian tried to signal to a drone that he wanted to surrender, the drone dropped a note for him to follow, and the other Russians backshot him as he tried to surrender. He managed to live and surrender successfully. Morale is exceedingly high!

Poor bastard

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Maybe Russia should restart decimation to improve morale

naem
May 29, 2011

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Maybe Russia should restart decimation to improve morale

decimation would explain their motives in Bakhmut

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

lol Poland is proposing renaming Kaliningrad and Russia is bigly upset

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/kremlin-calls-polish-decision-rename-kaliningrad-hostile-act-2023-05-10/

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Rename it twangste

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Guy who's country's entire economy depends on foreign trade with countries who are already kinda tired of your bullshit: "you know, this is the perfect time to nail our flag to Russia's mast and to do some threats!"

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmwSVWz7SPU
New intercepted phone call dropped. It involves two Russians bemoaning the poor pay and lack of pay, while thinking of how badly Russia's economy and military-industrial complex was affected by the sanctions. They point out the country may soon go bankrupt if the current state of affairs continues, never mind if more sanctions are added on. They also point out they're basically screwed even for the basic things that Ukraine has in abundance, such as drones.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I have taken to calling priggy boom boom "Shouty Goblin Man". This has nothing to do with Tolkiens nor War Hammers, but more to do with just loving look at him.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Karate Bastard posted:

I have taken to calling priggy boom boom "Shouty Goblin Man". This has nothing to do with Tolkiens nor War Hammers, but more to do with just loving look at him.
I always think of the cover art for the (terrible) movie "Ghoulies".

Bonus points for the presence of a toilet I guess.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

HonorableTB posted:

:stare:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
They're routing

https://kyivindependent.com/russias-brigade-flees-bakhmut/

The 72nd Separate Motorized Rifle Brigade abandoned their positions in Bakhmut and have fled. I thought it was just Prigozhin doing his usual bullshit but no it seems he was actually telling the truth about that one

Kyiv Independent posted:

Ukraine's Third Assault Brigade confirmed on May 9 that the 72nd Separate Motorized Rifle Brigade of the Russian Armed Forces has fled Bakhmut.

The news, prior to the confirmation, was originally announced by Wagner mercenary group founder Yevgeny Prigozhin.

"Prigozhin's report about the escape of the 72nd Separate Motorized Rifle Brigade of the Russian Armed Forces from Bakhmut and the '500 corpses' of Russians who remained there is true. The Third Assault Brigade is grateful for the publicity of our success at the front," the Third Assault Brigade wrote.

According to the statement, assault troops killed 64 Russian soldiers during offensive operations in the southwestern outskirts of Bakhmut.

Additionally, "another 87 were on the way," the statement read. Among the casualties were Wagner mercenaries. Five Russian soldiers were also captured.

Bakhmut has been the epicenter of fighting between Ukrainian and Russian forces for the past nine months.

Wagner mercenaries have served as the primary shock troops in Russia's attempts to expand its control over Donetsk Oblast. However, in the past nine months, they have only made incremental gains, with Ukraine still holding parts of the city.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

HonorableTB posted:

They're routing

The 72nd Separate Motorized Rifle Brigade abandoned their positions in Bakhmut and have fled. I thought it was just Prigozhin doing his usual bullshit but no it seems he was actually telling the truth about that one

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Lmao all that work, all that progress, all those hamboigas

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
drat, beaten to Monty Python anyway.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

HonorableTB posted:

They're routing

:lol:

Wait so Bakhmut wasn't even captured? They just ran away?

Lmao

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Didn’t they have like 95% of the city? Are they leaving all of it or just part of it?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

What city. Bakhmut is levelled. Russia lost what 120k troops to take a ruin that they don't even want to hold.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Drone_Fragger posted:

What city. Bakhmut is levelled. Russia lost what 120k troops to take a ruin that they don't even want to hold.

And only thing that would change if by miracle Russia takes over the remaining ruins is that the front moves some hundred meters or maybe few kilometers outside the city ruins. WW1 revisited for the Russians.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Joke Miriam posted:

Didn’t they have like 95% of the city? Are they leaving all of it or just part of it?

90% as of today

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Yes but think how many toilets and washing machines are likely among the rubble of bakhmut, just there for the taking. Its a veritable treasure trove for the occupiers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

HonorableTB posted:

They're routing

Only registered members can see post attachments!