Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

BotW in CEMU is particularly wild, because there are graphical mods to do stuff like increase draw distance detail. It'd be so great to be able to do something like that for this, but I'm not sure if it's as doable with the Switch version (compared to the Wii U of BotW that had all these mods).

That is TOTK

E: I guess I could've read that wrong and you actually want more draw distance, but I don't know for what since you can already see the lands all around Hyrule into infinity

Barreft fucked around with this message at 04:35 on May 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Yerok posted:

Where do I get a fast horse? I've just been gliding everywhere and using towers and spawning gliders covered in rockets with the gmod duplicator because I hate my slow horse

Catch better horses. Using Malanya beds will often give you a specific location with good horses. IIRC solid colour horses tend to be better on average.

You can also enhance your horses stats, star by star,, by discovering Malanya the Horse God himself. I think he straight up tells you where he is in Malanya beds and also the stable near it also seems to direct you to it, and it's a pretty short walk.

I just found it myself accidentally wandering, despite all the hints, just hadn't looked.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Also I think there will definitely be mods for this, there already are but once it's really out and you don't need to like, do anything special to get it going, folks will definitely start looking to enhance things further.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Yerok posted:

Where do I get a fast horse? I've just been gliding everywhere and using towers and spawning gliders covered in rockets with the gmod duplicator because I hate my slow horse
either get lucky with wild horses, or, scan a (spoofed) epona amiibo

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Also making a quick vehicle can also be great. Dump orbs into the gacha machines whenever you see em. Those piles of supplies mean "why are you walking? Get riding"

Protip, a six big wheeled vehicle can be an effective off-road and river rock climber

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

Stick a light flower to your vehicle, saves you power.

Intried to stick one to a shield, did not work, but I bet is
possible to trick the game somehow

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Barreft posted:

That is TOTK

E: I guess I could've read that wrong and you actually want more draw distance, but I don't know for what since you can already see the lands all around Hyrule into infinity

Yeah I noticed you can already see pretty much indefinitely in this, but there's still a big necessary loss of detail and BotW on CEMU has a large suite of improvements. One of them is to remove (or reduce, you can choose the percent) the fog that BotW uses to obscure stuff at long range.

I would encourage anyone who hasn't tried that to do so. It's much easier to get Wii U emulation working than Switch emulation, so it's simple to get set up. The performance is also much better than emulating Switch BotW.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Where on earth is the hiding spot the Zora kids are talking about? I've been looking for like an hour and even after listening in on their conversation, I can't seem to find it.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

If you haven't simply stumbled upon it by accident, you're probably scouring the throne room too far on the periphery. Remember the listen spot needs to be within earshot distance of someone sharing a secret.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

If you haven't simply stumbled upon it by accident, you're probably scouring the throne room too far on the periphery. Remember the listen spot needs to be within earshot distance of someone sharing a secret.

Sorry, I meant I've listened in on the kids but can't find the spot they mentioned.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Well there are actually two entrances to the king's 'shanshuary' chamber. One is somewhere in the clear water rapids between Mt Ploymus and Zora's, and the other is behind a much more prominent waterfall.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I know of one use for golden apples, and a bunch of failed recipes that treat it like a normal apple. It's possible it's useful in an elixir combo but the one I tried didn't work. I'm sure the game has a golden apple recipe on a poster somewhere I haven't seen yet, but I'm gonna keep cooking my extra ones till I find the special golden apple recipe.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Hateno village... Is amazing. I want a mushroom outfit so badly.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Yerok posted:

You can get Zelda's horse from a quest from the stable in the snowy area in the north west. I think its stats are 4/3/2/2 or something.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
the usual mod site doesn't allow for totk mods until after the offiical release date but I swear to god if the first mod available isn't "make it so flying mechanisms don't despawn" I'm going to commision a modder to make it

I thought it may have been something with air time but even just making a literal car with a glider as a base instead of a cart, the thing still just up and despawns after a set period of time

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah they're the perfect wheeled vehicle base... Except completely useless because of the distance/time limit. I get them not wanting you to make one fan glider and go to every sky Island or spot on map without touching ground... But if I'm on the ground just driving a car that happens to have a glider in it... Leave me alone!!

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I cannot figure out where to go to complete the Josha quest to progress things with Robbie. I followed the statues for ages and came across a foundry and the statue on the other side points back to the foundry so I'm assuming I made it to the end of the statues. Went below the Temple of Time and it was just another Poe statue.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
some of these cave systems just keep on going, seemingly forever

I've been exploring the one under Lookout Landing for a long time, found a full set of Soldier Armor, lots of ore, but then came to a dead end where an electric wall-worm thing was. Is there anything further than that down there?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Shyfted One posted:

I cannot figure out where to go to complete the Josha quest to progress things with Robbie. I followed the statues for ages and came across a foundry and the statue on the other side points back to the foundry so I'm assuming I made it to the end of the statues. Went below the Temple of Time and it was just another Poe statue.

Did you get the autobuild from next to the foundry and fight the boss? I'm pretty sure that's what it wants you to do based on the quest text but i had already done it when i talked to her.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Shyfted One posted:

it's not obvious if you don't have the place lit up but there's both the giant statue under-underground and a forge and a couple of NPCs on the "roof"-- it's the latter that josha actually wants you to investigate

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bardeh posted:

I've been exploring the one under Lookout Landing for a long time, found a full set of Soldier Armor, lots of ore, but then came to a dead end where an electric wall-worm thing was. Is there anything further than that down there?

Where does this one start?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Where does this one start?

In the lookout landing underground room thing, but only after you complete one dungeon

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ve done the Wind Temple so I’ll go talk to people there when I boot it up next, thank you!

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Any hints to where those mushroom people are who tell you which caves the armour is hidden in? I found one in the northwest area that told me where 3 pieces were but haven't run into any others.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

CJ posted:

Any hints to where those mushroom people are who tell you which caves the armour is hidden in? I found one in the northwest area that told me where 3 pieces were but haven't run into any others.

I haven't found a method yet beyond "stick to the roads", they seem to just pace back and forth generally-near caves with outfits in them

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CJ posted:

They just wander on roads between towns and locales. There are also treasure maps that give the Xs in some areas

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Khanstant posted:

They just wander on roads between towns and locales. There are also treasure maps that give the Xs in some areas

Do the treasure maps point to cave gear as well? All the ones i've found have pointed to depths chests.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Is the motorcycle in this one?

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

There is A motorcycle (that automatically shoots lasers) but not the BOTW motorcycle

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CJ posted:

Do the treasure maps point to cave gear as well? All the ones i've found have pointed to depths chests.

Ah you might be right there come to think of it, ones I've found have been depths as well. I was planning on hunting some down tonight depending on how far into desert area I complete. I have found one map that was like "pfft you already got this." Pretty sure it was fierce dirty pants.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CBD Corndog posted:

There is A motorcycle (that automatically shoots lasers) but not the BOTW motorcycle

Once you get stabilizers you can make anything into a bicycle or unicycle. I wish Yuzu had a record last 30 seconds or whatever button, too lazy to set up OBS to record but it's really fun to stick wheels at the bottom of a long stretch of planks or poles and a stabilizer and steering wheel at top. One wheel makes it hard to steer and when battery runs out it tips back over, but it's still good clean fun.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

CBD Corndog posted:

not gonna lie, pull the laser off and it works far better than I ever expected some wheels with two logs glued on has any right to work

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Bardeh posted:

Did you find the whole set of Soldier Armor or just the one piece? You can find all three in that cave. It's kinda a clusterfuck.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Bardeh posted:

Haha I found 2 pieces but not the hat. I only have 3 hats in the whole game so far lol. Horns, tiara, and fancy lady hat.

That same cave system does however lead to Hyrule Castle. I fought a big skelly after going through some blue rocks in the cave system and eventually wandered into Hyrule castle with tougher enemies and good loot all around. I barely poked around because I didn't want to accidentally stumble into the final boss if he's around. I should go back though bc I know of an item hidden there somewheres from a diary. I can't remember Hyrule interior layout from BotW, but got lotta Elden Ring vibes from exploring just the outer start bit. I also walked out with like 100 more arrows than I went in with. The guy who usually puts 1 arrow in a huge crate was not hired for work in the castle lol.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Bardeh posted:

General rule for caves is if there is a dead end, try popping up through the ground to see if that area leads to a another hidden area or level

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Bardeh posted:

I'm a huge fan of caves. Exploring open ground just isn't the same as exploring a cave. With a cave you just want to go down the tunnels and see where they lead. It inherently triggers my curiosity. It's just not the same when you can (more or less) see where you're going. "You see that mountain, you can visit it" just isn't that fun because you'll usually just find "the mountain, but closer" once you arrive. But with a cave who knows where it will lead! And in TotK there's the added element of being able to blindly travel through the ceiling (sometimes, if it's low enough).

It's basically why the Goonies movie was so popular. The idea of exploring tunnels is just inherently appealing. Probably some sort of psychology going on there.

edit: I also like how the game records cave entrances/exits you find.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

BabyRyoga posted:

Did you find the whole set of Soldier Armor or just the one piece? You can find all three in that cave. It's kinda a clusterfuck.

yeah, I got the whole set.

Khanstant posted:

Haha I found 2 pieces but not the hat. I only have 3 hats in the whole game so far lol. Horns, tiara, and fancy lady hat.

That same cave system does however lead to Hyrule Castle. I fought a big skelly after going through some blue rocks in the cave system and eventually wandered into Hyrule castle with tougher enemies and good loot all around. I barely poked around because I didn't want to accidentally stumble into the final boss if he's around. I should go back though bc I know of an item hidden there somewheres from a diary. I can't remember Hyrule interior layout from BotW, but got lotta Elden Ring vibes from exploring just the outer start bit. I also walked out with like 100 more arrows than I went in with. The guy who usually puts 1 arrow in a huge crate was not hired for work in the castle lol.

I figured it might based on the direction I kept heading, but the electric wall worm was 1-shotting me so I decided to go back later. I hope all the drat rock walls stay destroyed.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Khanstant posted:

Yeah they're the perfect wheeled vehicle base... Except completely useless because of the distance/time limit. I get them not wanting you to make one fan glider and go to every sky Island or spot on map without touching ground... But if I'm on the ground just driving a car that happens to have a glider in it... Leave me alone!!

it's funny youi say that because they themselves have a flying machine with 4 fans that involves no glider so...

also as it turns out, a cart with 2 pointing-down fans to the side and 2 45-degrees front and back maintains perfect neutral altitude with no inputs on the control stick, and the 3-set zonaite armor turns it from chugging energy to sipping it, it's ridiculous

i'm flying around the underground with it right now and I may as well be noclipping

just look at that red bar :syoon:

e: apparently fans despawn too, just like...much much slower, like "i made the thing, spent half an hour flying around the starting island and then meandered up to rito before they popped", never seen that before

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 11, 2023

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Love the Stable Trotters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Why won't they let me Jon????