Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

triple sulk posted:

he's such an unbelievable piece of poo poo

(edited for spacing)

that’s why he gets paid so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the "impact" and "every person and organization on the planet" things are such loads of hilarious bullshit

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

that’s why he gets paid so much

azure saved them from complete irrelevance

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Demon_Corsair posted:

this is such a cherry picked stat it’s hard to wrap my head around. the first couple years of millennials have just turned 40. these are people that would have started any post secondary at the start of the first dot com bust in 2000. they would have finished it in 2004-2006 and gotten into the work force a few years before the 2008 crash. basically the only sweet spot for the entire generation. so it’s not surprising that their home owner stats are comparable.

let’s see what that stat does if you include the entire generational cohort.

Yeah this stat is going to drop a ton. If you didn't buy property before covid lockdowns you're poo poo out of luck. Condos in my area were hot, going for $600k at 3% back in early 2020. Now it's $800k at 6% (1 sold in the last 12 months, 0 for sale right now). Monthly payments went from $2k to $3.8k with 20% down lmao.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The end game is housing that costs 105% of your monthly net income and the housing debt gets passed on to your kids

Tired: having children for tax breaks

Wired: having children for debt inheritance

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Also if you're living with roommates in a house one of the occupants owns, whoops, you're all homeowners in an owner-occupied property

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Glumwheels posted:

How much did he make this year again? How much did he spend at that party down in California earlier right before he announced layoffs?

:thunk:

only $17,000,000,000 in profits.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

they made 12 billion dollars in profit like in a quarter alone, not just investor piss money.

absolutely loving insane.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

bagual posted:

it's incredible how some people think every country is like the US and europe

pretty sure brics countries don't operate out of an ideology of psychotic racism

The psychotic racists currently in charge benefits my material conditions so therefor i will project all the worst qualities of them onto their enemies, which are my enemies, because if the psychotic racists stop being in charge it wont benefit me.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

anime was right posted:

they made 12 billion dollars in profit like in a quarter alone

all that money went into subsidizing openai though. gotta keep bing in that solid second place

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
CEOs should be kept in battery cages like chickens.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it would cost them roughly 1.3 billion to give a workforce making say, a median of 200k, a 3% raise

literally like 2% of their profit margins

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
we're gonna move to an era where raises dont happen unless you get a promotion huh

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

anime was right posted:

it would cost them roughly 1.3 billion to give a workforce making say, a median of 200k, a 3% raise

How about they give that money to shareholders instead? Huh wise guy?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

anime was right posted:

we're gonna move to an era where raises dont happen unless you get a promotion huh

it's already there in tech and generally you have to leave for another company to get it

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

been there for years, my last merit raise came with a promotion to team lead. I'm on a team with three team leads.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

anime was right posted:

Raises in the tech sector generally don’t happen unless you job hop. it’s been like that since the 80’s.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

microsoft has a "terminal" level of 63 (which is just senior) where in theory you can stay at that level as long as you do your job well, but you'll be first on the chopping block when layoffs happen

they're a promotion driven culture and probably the most political company on the planet in terms of how things work

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

to be fair, no one at Microsoft has done anything of merit for a long time

They made xlookup() so i can stop futzing around with vlookup()

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

anime was right posted:

there's that cliche in business that people "don't leave a job they leave a manager" and lol these dummies actually believe it so of course they think people will stick around for no raise as long as they tell their employees "we see you we hear you" platitudes enough

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

that gun meme picture is 100% completely true

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/NickTimiraos/status/1656356994029060096?t=uwT83Y-nEn4Y4Y_M4af8Dg&s=19

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

all of the profits are coming from shinking pools of ppl that are paying whatever it takes to stay alive lol. what the gently caress

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

How are we supposed to "push back" lol. Stop buying food? Stop paying rent?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

gonna push back against inflation by starving and living under a bridge

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

there's that cliche in business that people "don't leave a job they leave a manager" and lol these dummies actually believe it so of course they think people will stick around for no raise as long as they tell their employees "we see you we hear you" platitudes enough

Not giving them pay raises is a 5% - 10% pay cut this year lol.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SKULL.GIF posted:

just raw gaslighting. it rocks.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

I think they mean until the consumer dies because what are consumers going to do? Stop buying groceries or households necessities?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

They're challenging the public to radicalize.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

yah that's what the whole sentence says, "consumers continue to spend"

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

If you couldn't afford food why do you keep buying food, curious.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

bagual posted:

it's incredible how some people think every country is like the US and europe

pretty sure brics countries don't operate out of an ideology of psychotic racism

russia invaded ukraine because it thinks ukranians are russians
china thinks uighurs aren't chinese enough so they re-educate them
i don't know what your definition of psychotic is if those don't fit

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Re: doctorchat and gatekeeping, I know the stakes are higher when it comes to being a doctor but it always struck me weird how much of a massive financial, academic, and residency time pain in the rear end it is to become a doctor when you can become an engineer in 4 years designing seatbelts and bridges and poo poo which could also kill you if done incorrectly. Surely there's some way to improve it all.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Turtle Sandbox posted:

If you couldn't afford food why do you keep buying food, curious.

if you could not eat, imagine how much more cool poo poo you could buy

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

clearly an outlier/actually psychotic religiousity isn't the same as psychotic racism

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Relevant Tangent posted:

Wow, yeah. That's why countries invade each other, because they have so much in common.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

How exactly do you pushback against food prices?

Like, the only reason anybody trashes the grocery store is because a beer maker sent one custom printed pack to an influencer.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Relevant Tangent posted:

china thinks uighurs aren't chinese enough so they re-educate them
i don't know what your definition of psychotic is if those don't fit

:hai:

and europe colonized the world to introduce civilization :hai: :hai: :hai: :hai: :hai: :hai: :hai:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Relevant Tangent posted:

clearly an outlier/actually psychotic religiousity isn't the same as psychotic racism

wouldnt brazil fit that niche for brics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Justin Tyme posted:

Re: doctorchat and gatekeeping, I know the stakes are higher when it comes to being a doctor but it always struck me weird how much of a massive financial, academic, and residency time pain in the rear end it is to become a doctor when you can become an engineer in 4 years designing seatbelts and bridges and poo poo which could also kill you if done incorrectly. Surely there's some way to improve it all.

Burn the AMA into cinders and train nurse practitioners like you do engineers and scientists. Make them re-up their license every couple of years in order to weed out the dummies who refuse to continue learning as medicine changes. Oh, and [CENSORED] each and every person involved with medical insurance. Make it look like the Romanovs stubbed their toe.