Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Did you guys hear about how the climate change thread is digging their heads into the sand and deflecting from the horrors of climate by saying stuff such as "theres cringe in the soil" and "theres cringe in the Himalayas"??

that's hosed up...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I genuinely didn’t know who Seraph was and I’m glad I didn’t. What a deeply disturbed person.

And the climate change folks. It’s here already, why not spend a little time considering how to work with local community or focus on an area of the world that needs the most help on how to adapt to life and mitigate the worst outcomes? I mean it’s fine to be upset about it but trying to make things suck a tiny bit less feels like the best action to take.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

its way easier to give up and just post and be miserable

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It is pretty cathartic to be right on the internet and knowing that someone else is wrong. It's when you start chasing that instead of trying to make literally any meaningful contribution that you hit the spiral.

E: please add sarcasm quotes to the first sentence as necessary

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

i just try to have a good time

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I genuinely didn’t know who Seraph was and I’m glad I didn’t. What a deeply disturbed person.

He posted a picture of himself kicking back and showing off his Bitcoin-patterned socks once and somehow didn't die from embarrassment.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
because tv chat was productive last time:

i've always bought old, competitively priced off brand tvs, and am finally making the jump to a 4k oled or whatever. am i pretty much going to be blown away by any new tv? is the $200 price jump between samsung and sony noticeable? i don't mind paying more if it's a noticeable difference or a great feature or one company has longer lasting parts or something

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
OLED ftw.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that said if you get an OLED look up some setup guides from a review site because they love to have the default settings set so bright colors sear your eyes

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the way OLED renders black levels make the picture distinctly different from any other set besides maybe a plasma (never seen one)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The OLED difference is pretty massive imo.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

that said if you get an OLED look up some setup guides from a review site because they love to have the default settings set so bright colors sear your eyes

TV default settings are bad. Tom Cruise literally did a PSA to teach people how to turn off motion smoothing.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I used to sneakily turn off motion smoothing on my dad's giant 4k TV whenever I visited home, thinking he either wouldn't notice the difference or would suddenly notice things looked better, but then he kept turning it back on so I gave up :negative: the motion smoothing illuminati got him

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Harrow posted:

I used to sneakily turn off motion smoothing on my dad's giant 4k TV whenever I visited home, thinking he either wouldn't notice the difference or would suddenly notice things looked better, but then he kept turning it back on so I gave up :negative: the motion smoothing illuminati got him

My best friends are like this. I don't understand it all

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
gotta turn on motion blur and film grain. Make every show a found footage film running at 12 fps.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Harrow posted:

My parents are afraid of touching any button on the teevee remote that isn't a channel number or volume, and it's sort of a pain that I have to sometimes fix their settings when there's a weird update or something, but I get the feeling it'd be a million times worse if they got it in their heads to go around messing with all this stuff.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wondered how they worked and fell down a bit of a rabbithole

Wikipedia posted:

A current of electrons flows through the device from cathode to anode, as electrons are injected into the LUMO of the organic layer at the cathode and withdrawn from the HOMO at the anode. This latter process may also be described as the injection of electron holes into the HOMO.

the HOMO level of this material generally lies between the work function of ITO and the HOMO of other commonly used polymers, reducing the energy barriers for hole injection.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

the word homo for a tv

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
injecting into a HOMO

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
PYF Something Awful Legends: the HOMO level of this material...

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
idgi, what's so funny about semiconductor electronics?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Doing research into my TV's HOMO level

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
getting confused at a young age because the first time I learned about cis and trans was in determining the position of atoms around a central molecule and thinking a trans person was like, switching where their arms and legs would be.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

homo reducing barriers for energy hole penetration

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

pentyne posted:

getting confused at a young age because the first time I learned about cis and trans was in determining the position of atoms around a central molecule and thinking a trans person was like, switching where their arms and legs would be.

Is this not what it is? Have I misunderstood?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

pentyne posted:

TV default settings are bad. Tom Cruise literally did a PSA to teach people how to turn off motion smoothing.

I'm going to just go with what looks good to me instead of listening to the famous insane cultist

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

You gotta turn sharpness down too

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I wish I could do that with more stuff

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Heath posted:

Is this not what it is? Have I misunderstood?

I mean for some a third leg has something to do with it

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Sweet, I can get everyone up to level 25, just gotta do this one figh....

First time I've rage quit a yakuza game, goddamn. Time to git gud

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Cranappleberry posted:

gotta turn on motion blur and film grain. Make every show a found footage film running at 12 fps.

i just sneakily put Chris Marker films on in the background. To turn my parents into cspam superstars

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
did i miss anything funny in the last 200+129 pages

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

Violen posted:

did i miss anything funny in the last 200+129 pages

no

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
There was thje anime villain rant.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i did see the final form of the girlfriend disenjoyer and some of the forums pet discourse but there seemed to be a new pet acting up every three days so i gave up keeping track

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Violen posted:

i did see the final form of the girlfriend disenjoyer and some of the forums pet discourse but there seemed to be a new pet acting up every three days so i gave up keeping track

Yeh you’ll make it through the chapter test

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
also thank you to mia for keeping the op of the last thread contemporary because id have missed out on the spr stuff otherwise and lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
That stuff was so crushing, and I haven't seen a super transphobic avatar since and I'm trying really hard not to schizo the connection there.