Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I. M. Gei posted:

This workplace is now officially a doomed ship. I don't work for free, and I'm not working at a place where I can't expect to make a regular paycheck. I need to find a new job.

Yeah find yourself something else to do. Did you end up having to put the bullshit decals on your car? I remember that was a thing you were asked to do at one point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I. M. Gei posted:

You may have just saved me literal hours of sitting on my rear end procrastinating thinking way too hard about what exact words to write on my resume with this post. Thank you!

Sure thing, good luck to you!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Righteous Gemstones season three teaser just released

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Finally

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1656374278915346458?s=46

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
"I remember when this used to be all orange groves."

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Feelin' fine

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Someone needs to find a tall set of stairs to accidentally roll that wheelchair onto.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

This is elder abuse

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Someone needs to find a tall set of stairs to accidentally roll that wheelchair onto.

Tall set of stairs? She looks like that wheelchair riding over the transition from the rug to the stone floor might be enough to do it

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Re-reading Blood Meridian (under the influence of the big algorithmic bump it seems to have gotten lately), it occurs to me that Cormac McCarthy is kind of the Michael Bay of authors- his craft is undeniable, but his insistence on keeping the prose at 10/10 intensity at all times kind of works against him. Still a good read, though.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I have to cave and mow my lawn. Some parts are up to my knees and it’s getting difficult to clean up dog droppings. Sorry bees.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

to be the dem consultants that thought this was a good idea

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
No mow may is dumb anyway. You end up destroying a burgeoning eco system right as it starts gaining a foot hold. It would be better if everyone just set aside a portion of their yard that they didn't mow ever - aka a garden.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It would be better if everyone just set aside a portion of their yard that they didn't mow ever - aka a garden.

Or a mowhawk, if you will.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://media.tenor.com/K3J0h1YjU-IAAAPo/mac-and-me-wheelchair.mp4

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

General Dog posted:

Or a mowhawk, if you will.

:golfclap:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Freaquency posted:

This is elder abuse

A friend went from CPS to APS a few years ago and she's been all on how Feinstein's macabre puppet show is pretty terrible and how it compares to the time she spent 1 year dealing with a rich old lady who's failson was stealing her money. APS is a whole other ball game though and is considerably more frustrating, but less busy, than CPS. A lot more hoarding, a lot less drug abuse.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
On my Spanish Civil War kick looking up other things I am pretty sure I would also love to be reading a book about the First Spanish Republic and not the Second:

quote:

The sessions of the Constituent (Cortes) attracted me, and most afternoons I spent in the press box, enjoying the spectacle of indescribable confusion cast by the fathers of the country. An endless individualism, the coming and going of opinions, from the most thought-out to the most extravagant, and the deadly spontaneity of most speakers, drove the spectator crazy and rendered the historic functions impossible. Days and nights went by without the Cortes deciding how the ministers should be appointed: if they would individually elected by a vote of each representative, or if it would be better to authorize Figueras or Pi to come up with a list of the new government. Each and every system was agreed on and later scrapped. It was a puerile game, which would have caused laughter if it had not been deeply sad.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm still in DC, so if I see any ancient old white ladies in a wheelchair, I'll do the needful

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1656390054187597824?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

love how they used some stock photo of her and not what she actually looked like

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/TylerHuckabee/status/1656397993757507587?s=20

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What’s the point of her still working? What does she get out of it? How’s she supposed to keep up with the average persons perspective?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

drat you Paul Rudd :argh:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

What’s the point of her still working? What does she get out of it? How’s she supposed to keep up with the average persons perspective?

I suspect this is a 'this is what I've always done and no one is stopping me from doing it' situation. Like, her pride is doing this job and no one is going to stop her from continuing to do it.

This is my kindest reading of it. She hasn't really been there for a while now mentally at this point it seems.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Democrats put her on the judiciary committee in January, of this year.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

How's everyone's day going? I was having a crummy morning until I was behind a Tesla sitting at a green light and my wife says "come on, just because there isn't a kid in front of you doesn't mean you can't go" and now I'm in a great mood

Went on a morning hike with a friend. She's got some long haul covid symptoms that include some lung scarring, but she was able to keep a decent pace despite having a 40lb pack.

General Dog posted:

No subtext, isn't it probably preferable to learn to be right-handed if at all possible since so much of society is set up with the assumption of right-handedness?

My hike friend is trans. I'll ask her your question next time we meet up & get back to you on her response.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

What year does she think it is? How old does she think she is? Where?

https://twitter.com/themaxburns/status/1648091528189865990?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

Went on a morning hike with a friend. She's got some long haul covid symptoms that include some lung scarring, but she was able to keep a decent pace despite having a 40lb pack.

My hike friend is trans. I'll ask her your question next time we meet up & get back to you on her response.

Is she left-handed?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Air Skwirl posted:

I was a groomsman in a Jewish wedding so I got to do that hoist the bride and groom in a chair thing, and I just remember being mildly panicked the entire time thinking "Please let me not slip and kill my my best friend's brand new wife."
My sister is married to a Jewish guy, and during the chair bit I was basically directly under his chair doing squats.

It was a fairly non-traditional wedding but it was a blast. Catholic bride marrying Jewish groom, I was in the wedding party as Brother of Honor on my sister's side, his sister was Best Sister on his side, the Christian officiant was my cousin who is an Episcopalian minister and her wife is an Anglican minister, and there was a Rabbi explaining the Jewish parts of the ceremony for all of us gentiles. When she came down the aisle it wasn't to the regular "Here comes the bride" music, it was Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

CannonFodder posted:

My sister is married to a Jewish guy, and during the chair bit I was basically directly under his chair doing squats.

It was a fairly non-traditional wedding but it was a blast. Catholic bride marrying Jewish groom, I was in the wedding party as Brother of Honor on my sister's side, his sister was Best Sister on his side, the Christian officiant was my cousin who is an Episcopalian minister and her wife is an Anglican minister, and there was a Rabbi explaining the Jewish parts of the ceremony for all of us gentiles. When she came down the aisle it wasn't to the regular "Here comes the bride" music, it was Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue.

United Airlines ruined that song for me.

Heading to Busan this weekend for a frisbee tournament, going to enjoy a jimjilbang and some cheese buldak.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Glad to hear folks seem to be having a good day! I've been doing NREMT testing for new baby EMT Basics and it's been a blast. Really enjoy the instructing side of things!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I freaking crushed it on several topics this morning but made two small dumb mistakes in a meeting.

The mistakes were minor and nobody in the meeting probably remembered that I made the mistakes.

But I don’t like making mistakes :mad:

Hell yeah man! I'm always trying to be a perfectionist but also telling folks "Nobody's perfect". Nothing wrong with trying to improve though!

Jump ship the second they gently caress you. You deserve better.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My first job out of college was a sales job in mortgage refinancing that was commission only and it takes basically a few months to realize the people who thrive in that kind of environment are like 90% despicable people and you should gtfo asap

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Scuttlebutt in the DC area is that it's her staffers telling her to not resign because if she leaves then they are out of jobs and writing policy for Senators is a very powerful and sometimes lucrative job.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
That's why Klippenstein literally posted all their personal info on Twitter, with photos.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I feel like it shouldn't be that hard to get another job in DC if the most recent thing on your resume is "Staff for Senator Diane Feinstein."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, a lot of congress people probably need live in aides and nurses at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
https://www.theonion.com/cars-bumper-stickers-betray-a-confusing-hodgepodge-of-s-1836908361