Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Midjack posted:

Left of the mouth has an ss rune and I'm sure from another angle we'd see a second one on the right. In addition to the ones visible in the first shot.

Fuckup my rear end, several people looked at that video and said it was ok to publish. That poo poo was on purpose.
Oh poo poo you're right, guess I'm the example case on how an idiot would miss it :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost

Fifty Three posted:

https://twitter.com/kylejhyatt/status/1655760611828174849?s=20
What's this referring to? I'm not getting the reference. Looks like a trashy zombie tattoo?

It's hitler

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I mean, look at the Allen TX shooter and his tattos...this could mean anything really, there's really no way to find out what that person's mindset is just by a bunch of...*squints*...Nazi tattos. Gee golly, we'll never know

Clearly he's aligned with the Nazis.....that are aligned with Ukraine

/s

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I think it's a zombie hitler :psyduck:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah it's definitely a screaming zombie Hitler. Cool

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Fifty Three posted:

https://twitter.com/kylejhyatt/status/1655760611828174849?s=20
What's this referring to? I'm not getting the reference. Looks like a trashy zombie tattoo?

Right arm is a variation of the Southern Brotherhood crest.
Top right is the SS emblem. Bottom right is 23 for the rules or commandments of the brotherood.
Bottom left seems to be a 4, so could be a 14 for the "Fourteen words", top left looks like - in keeping with the Brotherhood's traditions - it could be a confederate flag.

Above is the dude's tat, below some comparable SB tattoos

Other arm seems to be Zombie Hitler? :lol:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Yeah I was referring to zombie SS-scarred Hitler, hadn't had my coffee yet and missed the scar/hair

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost

Mr. Apollo posted:

I think it's a zombie hitler :psyduck:

I think the zombie part is supposed to be a wolf

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wait in terms of hitlers would werewolf hitler by worse or better than zombie hitler?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Zombie would be worse because it would mean that shooting him in the head didn't work the first time.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
he’s a Nazi Furry. but also he’s a zombie enthusiast

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Now it's Motor Trend? That poo poo getting into mainstream media is not okay.

NBC reported on the Texas shooter's tattoos and said the shooter had "white supremecist" tattoos when they showed the picture. No, motherfuckers, those are Nazi tattoos, and gently caress everything about that.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yikes, that's not something that can just slip through, is it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

There was a woodwork TV show over here a couple of years ago, there were like 16 people all from different walks of life competing to be the best woodworker.

There was one rather large burly man in the lineup who was covered in tattoos all over his face (can you see where this is going, kids?) and thanks to the glory of HDTV we the viewers got to see his 23 16 (white power) and 88 tats as well as a few others. The company that produced the show said they'd done VIGOROUS background checks and that the 88 referred to the year his father died. The same father who was interviewed a day or so later...

The worst thing about the show was that he was quite clearly a talented person so he popped up in quite a few scenes, tats on full display. Anyway after this came out the entire show was cancelled after that pilot episode. They didn't give a reason but it's fair to assume he probably got quite far and they basically couldn't edit around him (shout out to Drag Race for doing that with Cherry Pie when those claims came out).

It was a fun few days on the internet seeing how full of poo poo people are when it comes to trying to cover their arses.

Oh and I've just remembered the single most hilarious fact of all about the wood nazi. The show was on the loving SKY HISTORY UK channel. And they still missed the significance of the tattoos. Wild.

This was posted after they put up 3 tweets saying they'd done full background checks and were confident he wasn't a nazi

https://twitter.com/HISTORYUK/status/1318602183428968448?t=iJPwkgWUTb763Gc9FjMByQ&s=19

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 10, 2023

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
this one’s not quite as bad (I hope, god knows what that family is up to nowadays) but I’m reminded of the first BattleBots reboot back in like 2015.

One of the clear front-runners and like earliest standout/fan favorite/notable weirdo participants ended up being this proto-QAnon/tea party-type of dude.

It took a few episodes to notice, IDK if that was him or the show doing its best to whitewash him, but at first he just seemed like a cool eccentric older nerd, and then BAM you just started noticing the shirts he/his family were wearing and seeing more questionable decor, and then finally by like episode 3 or 4 you notice the gigantic Gadsden flag in his pit area that the producers have been working extra hard to have you not see. Also did I mention that he’s like the first dude to establish himself as a title contender?

And as the season went on you could see the evidence of the producers contorting to shoot and edit around all of his paraphernalia and crop it out of frame, etc, and he would concurrently work equally doggedly to put more of it out there each week.

IIRC he got pretty far into the finals before finally being eliminated, but it got to the point where they just wouldn’t show like any b-roll of him

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Ahhh, I didn't see it was zombie Hitler. Jeez that really got worse

mobby_6kl posted:

Yikes, that's not something that can just slip through, is it.

Nope. There is utterly no excusing that one with how blatant it was.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I am absolutely in no way defending an obvious Nazi-wannabe or his numerous obvious Nazi-wannabe tattoos, but I really don't see how the angry zombie is supposed to be Hitler. Again, dude is already plenty of a Nazi-wannabe without the zombie being Hitler.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Dick Burglar posted:

I am absolutely in no way defending an obvious Nazi-wannabe or his numerous obvious Nazi-wannabe tattoos, but I really don't see how the angry zombie is supposed to be Hitler. Again, dude is already plenty of a Nazi-wannabe without the zombie being Hitler.

The forelock of hair.

They either saw it, recognized it, and didn't realize what the reaction would be or saw it, recognized it, realized it, and just didn't care.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Dick Burglar posted:

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The forelock of hair.

This. The first time I saw it, I thought it was a zombie wolf. After looking at it again, I noticed the hair and boom... Hitler.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Dick Burglar posted:

It only got obvious to me viewing the image on my phone. As above, the hair style is Hitler's

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I saw the mustache

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Oh this tattoo? It's German for "The Blacks".

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Next time on Roadkill, a special guest!!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’d argue being a nazi implies being a headcase, because of, you know, the naziism.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also lol at dying on the hill of “guys, maybe he wasn’t a nazi but was in fact a complete psychopath murderer???”

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Also lol at dying on the hill of “guys, maybe he wasn’t a nazi but was in fact a complete psychopath murderer???”

that’s because we’ve reached the point, post-Trump, where guys like Michael Tracey straight up call themselves poo poo like “fascist theocrat” in public

so now it’s very important for them and their aims that the guy was a psycho murderer, but not a psycho murderer who could be easily labeled as racially-motivated, explicitly right wing or fascist

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

See also virtually every photo of a Ukrainian soldier which somehow mysteriously contains at least one of very many well known nazi and nazi associated insignias and those in the comments saying 'well nazis appropriated lots of symbols, how can we be sure this isn't the original intent?' like the dumb motherfuckers they are. Blows my mind.

Mark Hamill recently having a cosy chat with Ukrainian operatives while a blood and soil flag with further nazi adjacent symbols sewn into it sits on the wall behind them was a big 'ol yikes too. :v:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Beve Stuscemi posted:

It’s really weird how many people are tripping over themselves to try and explain why he wasn’t a Nazi.

Ok Comboomer posted:

that’s because we’ve reached the point, post-Trump, where guys like Michael Tracey straight up call themselves poo poo like “fascist theocrat” in public
I’m really surprised how many normal (or so I thought) are defending Tracey saying stuff like “well he takes big swings and makes bold claims but they don’t always stick” or “he’s explaining that the guy was just a misanthrope and not technically a Nazi as defined by Webster’s Dictionary”.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Olympic Mathlete posted:

See also virtually every photo of a Ukrainian soldier which somehow mysteriously contains at least one of very many well known nazi and nazi associated insignias and those in the comments saying 'well nazis appropriated lots of symbols, how can we be sure this isn't the original intent?' like the dumb motherfuckers they are. Blows my mind.

Mark Hamill recently having a cosy chat with Ukrainian operatives while a blood and soil flag with further nazi adjacent symbols sewn into it sits on the wall behind them was a big 'ol yikes too. :v:

The caveat is that Russia is literally coopting Nazi poo poo too, and employing a PMC specifically associated with Neo-Nazis. And started this entire war with literal 'blood and soil' ideas.

And by and large, Ukraine is not white supremacist and far more progressive than Russia is. The Neo-Nazi party in Ukraine is not popular and by and large lost all but a single seat in parliament, in fact most of them aligned with the Separatists during the 2014 Invasion and Azov was largely dissolved and reorganized as an actual Ukrainian unit. There's some sketchy symbolism going on, but its mostly being used as a way to handwave any of what Russia is doing, which is active genocide and murder.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 11, 2023

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Oh, look, he's put a target right where one needs to be. Charlie's forehead carving would work, too.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Please tell me you are not trying to legitimize Russia's justification of their invasion of Ukraine.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Darchangel posted:

Please tell me you are not trying to legitimize Russia's justification of their invasion of Ukraine.

I think he's saying that a lot of pro-ukraine photos and propaganda keep featuring known neo-nazi insignia. It's weird that no one related to distributing these photos or interviews does any due diligence to say "you know maybe we shouldn't post these photos of the brave soldier with a big Schwarze Sonne patch on his chest."

I don't think anyone here is pro-russia. It's just bizarre that the pro-ukraine propaganda often has these visible symbols that have widely known and problematic history.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
*Me, wise and nuanced:* Both sides are bad

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

MetaJew posted:

I think he's saying that a lot of pro-ukraine photos and propaganda keep featuring known neo-nazi insignia. It's weird that no one related to distributing these photos or interviews does any due diligence to say "you know maybe we shouldn't post these photos of the brave soldier with a big Schwarze Sonne patch on his chest."

I don't think anyone here is pro-russia. It's just bizarre that the pro-ukraine propaganda often has these visible symbols that have widely known and problematic history.

'K, that's a fair point.
Probably could do with a little investigation.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I think you can recognize and criticize right wing/white nationalist poo poo that shows up in the Ukrainian military and still be broadly against the Russian invasion

it’s not like our military here in the US is completely free of white nationalists or their symbols

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Gosh Michael Tracey, I wonder what "Helter Skelter", in relation to Charles Manson, was about

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Unsurprisingly, modern militaries have a lot of nazis. I wonder why…

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
It's not surprising that modern militaries attract nazis, but it's distressing when modern militaries don't want to get rid of their nazis or, worse, actively recruit for nazis and protect them.

To its credit, the US military is actually doing at least a little to try to get rid of its nazis. But republican politicians are doing their best to gently caress up the military's ability to function in order to try to pressure the military to stop trying to flush nazis. Real cool country we live in :thumbsup:

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
https://twitter.com/The8BitIdiot/status/1656710445875568640

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:lol: