Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

Is the Earth in this universe the same one from Honkai 3rd? I know Welt is apparently from those games, but his profile just makes it sound like "he's from Earth" instead of "he's from an alternate dimension."

It's our Earth except Honkai horrors started showing up and causing problems decades ago. After having done so cyclically thousands of years ago also. So actually it's pretty different I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Come to me, Fu Xuan

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Also Earth doesn't exist in the Star Rail universe, or at least Himeko has never heard of it. :thunk:

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

GateOfD posted:

Good to know. I feel speed is probably on a curve. Like up to 130 it’s probably even, but past 140 it be like oh now you need 2 speed per to equal .01 cycle Sounds like speed is gonna be the high IQ end game stat.
Not only turns, but a buttload of relics/light ones/talents activate due to characters having a high enough speed

Is there any value to using these SPD boots over ATK% for Seele? I have 128 SPD now which goes to 160 with the buff so I'm already at max stacks for her light cone. I really have no idea how +20 SPD stacks up against +23% ATK.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Seele wants atk not speed, so no, no need for spd on her.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Imo, not really. At 128 speed you're going on turn 1 and at -40, there's not much reason to be going faster now that the light cone damage is capped. Putting on atk% boots is going to contribute way more to overall damage. For other units that are under 100 speed, getting speed boots on so they can potentially act before the enemy, and/or being able to get a second move is more important, but seele doesn't really need them

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Pretty sure the attack comes out better, unless you already have a ton of attack percent. Hitting 200 speed boosted would put you in the two turns every round territory though, which would be funny if maybe not as effective as the extra damage. More turns would mean more energy -> more ults, and more points generated if throwing basics around though.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I do recommend having at least 121 speed if you can do it without sacrificing too much since there are normal mobs with 120 spd. Enemies started getting a lot more hits in since I switched my Seele relics from atk% and spd% set to qua damage set.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

:negative: at least i now have guaranteed on the rateup banner so i can get kafka, but like... cmon

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Weavers apparently all have 120 SPD at current levels and they're really annoying. Went after an elite while underleveled and the two weaver flanks just immediately killed someone one run.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

It's our Earth except Honkai horrors started showing up and causing problems decades ago. After having done so cyclically thousands of years ago also. So actually it's pretty different I guess.

So it's the same universe as this game? Only this game takes place in the entire galaxy/universe instead of just Earth?

I was under the impression that Honkai in the Honkai 3rd setting was a universal phenomenon, but it hasn't been explicitly mentioned yet in this (it seems like the Aeons are the big mysterious universal powers/threats in this setting).

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
the anti-matter legions are more or less the honkai, but maybe more will come up later. you are set to beat up their boss, after all.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

So it's the same universe as this game? Only this game takes place in the entire galaxy/universe instead of just Earth?

I was under the impression that Honkai in the Honkai 3rd setting was a universal phenomenon, but it hasn't been explicitly mentioned yet in this (it seems like the Aeons are the big mysterious universal powers/threats in this setting).

Everyone is assuming it is a different universe, my partner definitely has the theory that it is the same universe but maybe in the far future.

EDIT: I think I am definitely team alternate universe that Welt managed to travel to, but it is pretty unclear at the moment and I bet we will learn definitively one way or the other before the end.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It takes place long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Edit: I feel like Earth may or may not exist in this setting, but even if it does it's probably irrelevant to the cosmic scale issues.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 10, 2023

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Anybody make it to Memory of Chaos yet? I assume it's out of reach for me this reset, but it feels bad to leave that much jade on the table.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

The things we know right now.

1. This is a difference universe, Welt and Void Archives explicitly travel to another universe. If you want to know more, see this manga where he leaves the Honkai universe for Star Rail https://manga.honkaiimpact3.com/book/1021

2. Earth does not exist in Star Rail's universe (or universes there's a dialogue from Himeko that makes it sound like we aren't traveling between planets but universes, she even brings up the imaginary tree metaphor)

3. There is no mention of Honkai thus far, but this does fit with Kiana now having the authority of Finality and Honkai no longer being an enemy of humanity. The Aeons are powered by imaginary energy however, the same type of energy that makes up the Honkai.

4. No Herrschers, buuuuuut (ending of Jarilo VI) the way Cocolia speaks in her boss exactly fits with someone succumbing to the will of the Honkai, and the form she turns into after absorbing the Stellaron is a high def version of the Herrscher of Ice

As for Honkai impact's version of Earth, it's definitely an alternative history universe since almost every famous historical figure is a woman, Honkai has been around since humans evolved and the whole Previous Era stuff. For example on the historical figure stuff, the woman with red hair in Welt's splash is his wife. Frederica Nikola Tesla. :v:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Everyone is assuming it is a different universe, my partner definitely has the theory that it is the same universe but maybe in the far future.

EDIT: I think I am definitely team alternate universe that Welt managed to travel to, but it is pretty unclear at the moment and I bet we will learn definitively one way or the other before the end.

i feel like i read some lore that himeko n the train just found welt like floating in space somehow so dimensional travel makes as much sense as anything else

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Eimi posted:

As for Honkai impact's version of Earth, it's definitely an alternative history universe since almost every famous historical figure is a woman, Honkai has been around since humans evolved and the whole Previous Era stuff. For example on the historical figure stuff, the woman with red hair in Welt's splash is his wife. Frederica Nikola Tesla. :v:

Oh yeah I forgot about all the stigmata, that's a pretty big change. Their pictures are hilarious.

Speaking of Impact, I can't believe I didn't realize until now that Natasha is Raven.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about all the stigmata, that's a pretty big change. Their pictures are hilarious.

Speaking of Impact, I can't believe I didn't realize until now that Natasha is Raven.

I have Bailu, but this is the biggest reason I want to use Natasha over her. I love Raven.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
stuff like xianshou make it clear that time is an absurd thousands of years scale, too, and they already came from a highly capable spacefaring civilization (that they then forgot about) so himeko might not know earth by way it being long since gone and irrelevant

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Wait is she? I thought Kafka was Raven-esque

oh i see I forgot that raven actually had a first name lmao

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/LeeandLie/status/1656399840551800833?cxt=HHwWgsDU4aC42_wtAAAA

Apparently the English voice for Jingliu is the pretty popular Vtuber/anime voice actress Amanda Lee as per her own claim.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i guess she'll show up in either the back half of space china, or in el generallssimo's event?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Indecisive posted:

i guess she'll show up in either the back half of space china, or in el generallssimo's event?

She is included in the grand character leak, so hopefully she is playable because that design is too cool.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

every time I get a new character I take them to the Rating Pistol

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Meowywitch posted:

O poo poo I did that for the MC and completely forgot I could change character...

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Eimi posted:

She is included in the grand character leak, so hopefully she is playable because that design is too cool.

I don't think there's any reason they'd give her the fancy character art if she wasn't playable.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Eimi posted:

I have Bailu, but this is the biggest reason I want to use Natasha over her. I love Raven.

Bailu has only had one scene but Natasha seems way cooler. Obviously Natasha is the way to go.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

She is so obviously playable I don't know why people are questioning this.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Ghosthotel posted:

realized during the final fight I forgot to ascend and level some cones so I was worried that going full abundance wasn't gonna be able to out heal the steady attack buffs Cocolia gets but Seele is just a monster.

Also lol, lmao, at the sudden jump in mat needs for 50 to 60. I'm guessing I need to wait until the weekly reset to access the 2nd difficulty tier for SU or do I gotta do something besides beat world 6 to unlock that?

thank you - thanks to this set up (FireMC/Serval/Seele/Natasha with Abundance) I was able to beat SU6 quite handily

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

you can tell if someone's gonna eventually be playable by their clothes and how many layers of bows and ribbons are on there.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Aside from March's taunting ability being invisible RNG, it is kind of annoying that one of her early Eidolons will assign a shield to the most injured character at the start of each battle (not sure how it judges ties). Can take the aggro management she should allow somewhat out of your hands.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Clarste posted:

She is so obviously playable I don't know why people are questioning this.

she aint playable YET, who knows when she will be

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I think it's specifically her skill shield that boosts aggro, not shields she creates in general. The taunt boost is under her skill rather than a talent.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

haypliss posted:

Aside from March's taunting ability being invisible RNG, it is kind of annoying that one of her early Eidolons will assign a shield to the most injured character at the start of each battle (not sure how it judges ties). Can take the aggro management she should allow somewhat out of your hands.

In the case of a tie it goes to the leftmost person in the party.

Ibblebibble posted:

I think it's specifically her skill shield that boosts aggro, not shields she creates in general. The taunt boost is under her skill rather than a talent.

And yes, the pre-battle shield does not seem to affect aggro.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

The things we know right now.

1. This is a difference universe, Welt and Void Archives explicitly travel to another universe. If you want to know more, see this manga where he leaves the Honkai universe for Star Rail https://manga.honkaiimpact3.com/book/1021

this mfer named Void Archives

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

march's shield only increases aggro if the target has more than 30% hp so you can throw it on someone on death's door and they won't take extra heat

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

this mfer named Void Archives

It's a magical encyclopedia possessing a robot body. It also looks like Luocha. So I expect it to cause problems on purpose sometime in the future.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I already hate relic farming, and it's a million times better than Genshin

At least I can buy pieces now I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

theres actually some interestng stuff with that. it refuses to give both march and sampo a rating. wonder if it means march is related to whatever group sampo is a part of or if its just them both being mysterious.