Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I won with Hirobi once went 1-3 overall, pretty good compared to much worse cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
Pretty fun to turn all your tricks into kill spells when oppo plays Horobi.

I would not recommend playing it in general.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I want to emphasize that I have no idea what the 17lands stats are for it I just know that I will not be picking horobi

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh it's at 53% lol... god that card

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I have definitely won at least one game I wouldn't've because they played a Horobi.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I ended up winning one of my pre-release matches because they played that guy while being up anyway most of the game and it *just* got them to zero thanks to it.

Just 7-0'd with UW. Turns out Invasion of New Phyrexia is um, really really good. Also pulled Norn and one of every good white/blue card effectively.

https://www.17lands.com/deck/bb53e20942a44963af2a76b9185b035b

Was a little disappointed (though always grateful, gems wise) that it went up against a good number of absolute clunker decks.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1656115033338974210?t=2QEr1KBYrAkdn2taXbWqfg&s=19

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Just 7-0'd with UW. Turns out Invasion of New Phyrexia is um, really really good.

Not playing it tonight because sleep is healthy, but sank the winnings into another draft and I guess I get to do this all over again – this time with a knight theme.

Isn't gonna be as tight as the previous all-the-good-blue-cards deck, but looking forward to putting all me eggs in this knight basket.

Filter Out was a huge dud last time I ran it, but gonna give it one more shot. Next time it sits in the hand doing nothing it gets the ax.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
If you’re a post-disconnect Ajani, can you not talk? I couldn’t gg my opponent back after a good, tense game.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Rinkles posted:

If you’re a post-disconnect Ajani, can you not talk? I couldn’t gg my opponent back after a good, tense game.

Yeah it resets your emotes on reconnect.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
its quite annoying like that, i usually want to throw out a "sorry" or something because its often a crash right at the start of the game and ive just wasted their time "stalling" but you cant even apologise

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

MasterBuilder posted:

Yeah it resets your emotes on reconnect.

Not so much resets as disables, the bug where it would lose your saved ones is long gone.

Which makes the Tamiyo "wifi problems" one a bit useless

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Anyone try drafting with the Aftermath stuff yet? What I’ve seen from content creators so far is that it sucks

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I drafted it twice and the new cards didn't really matter at all

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
You get two bonus sheets! One is some random standard cards geared towards edh, the other has some of the most powerful creatures ever printed! Both will have equal effect on a draft environment, I'm sure

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

always don't draft Horobi

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
There definitely are some good cards in the Aftermath set, unanswered turn 2 Ayara's Oathsworn just prompted me a turn 3 concession from OP.

Welp that was 2/3 :(

Match 5 drawing 5 spells and ten lands in the top fifteen did not feel good.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 10, 2023

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Copperguard Vanguard and Adeline is wicked. UW Knights is a really fun deck, and it might actually be a thing if they make a decent 1cmc W/B knight in the upcoming sets.

Shuffler is being worse for me than usual today. Every other game getting mana screwed on 2-3 lands with decks running 24.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 10, 2023

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
New Ob "korvold at home" is pretty good. Ash was brewing a deck around the infinite combo will all will be one yesterday and it looked like great fun.

There is also an explorer version, in case you want to show people the true meaning of explorer in the event while also trying new cards.
https://mtga.untapped.gg/profile/80adc595-c60d-47fb-8c53-7438bfa8eb41/8B39051896A5DEBF

I spend all day running standard vampires with the new lord. Also lots of fun.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Didn't they do this exact same lineup of store deals five days ago, or so?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I thought we were able to be able to save our preferred style for individual cards now? I can't seem to find how to do that.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I forgot how intensely aggro GW Angels are in Explorer lol, clean 4-0 today.

I haven't revisited this in a few sets... I put in one of the new Sigarda since I had that lying around and swapped removal from March of Otherworldly Light to Lay Down Arms since that seems more efficient. (Maybe Ossification instead?) I dunno if there are other things worth doing... Maybe that artifact angel with touch the spirit realm or scrollshift?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

I thought we were able to be able to save our preferred style for individual cards now? I can't seem to find how to do that.

you can click the arrow next to a card in your collection and expand its styles, which you can favorite with the heart icon

card reprints of different rarities are considered different cards, not different cards styles edit: wrong. But you have to be careful when importing decks, because The game isn't smart enough to substitute in printings of cards you own when the copied list calls for another

kalel fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 10, 2023

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Did they cheap out and not give us three free packs for aftermath?

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

snyprmag posted:

The free packs are coming in a couple of days.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I forgot how intensely aggro GW Angels are in Explorer lol, clean 4-0 today.

I haven't revisited this in a few sets... I put in one of the new Sigarda since I had that lying around and swapped removal from March of Otherworldly Light to Lay Down Arms since that seems more efficient. (Maybe Ossification instead?) I dunno if there are other things worth doing... Maybe that artifact angel with touch the spirit realm or scrollshift?

I'm lazy as balls, mind posting the list?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Flowers For Algeria posted:

I'm lazy as balls, mind posting the list?

Deck
4 Bishop of Wings (M20) 8
4 Collected Company (AKR) 186
1 Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire (NEO) 268
4 Inspiring Overseer (SNC) 18
3 Giada, Font of Hope (SNC) 14
4 Lay Down Arms (BRO) 11
3 Overgrown Farmland (MID) 265
4 Resplendent Angel (M19) 34
4 Righteous Valkyrie (KHM) 24
4 Skyclave Apparition (ZNR) 39
1 Boseiju, Who Endures (NEO) 266
4 Youthful Valkyrie (KHM) 382
4 Temple Garden (GRN) 258
3 Sunpetal Grove (XLN) 257
12 Plains (ANA) 2
1 Sigarda, Font of Blessings (MAT) 47

I think more optimal decks are running the cleric that taps to make angels, but I didn't want to spend 4 rare WCs on it lol
edit: Speaker of the Heavens instead of Inspiring Overseer

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

kalel posted:

you can click the arrow next to a card in your collection and expand its styles, which you can favorite with the heart icon

card reprints of different rarities are considered different cards, not different cards styles edit: wrong. But you have to be careful when importing decks, because The game isn't smart enough to substitute in printings of cards you own when the copied list calls for another

This works for lands (and apparently not even all lands), but not regular cards. For example, I'm looking at Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire, and there seems to be no way to default to the Japanese art of it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

snyprmag posted:

strongly recommend you read the thingies in the in-game inbox

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

snyprmag posted:

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Tomorrow.

newershadow
May 18, 2014

GrandpaPants posted:

This works for lands (and apparently not even all lands), but not regular cards. For example, I'm looking at Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire, and there seems to be no way to default to the Japanese art of it.

I think for different styles in the same set, you need to instead go to the styles menu within your collection, to set that set's particular style to default? It's one of the buttons near the zoom when you're in the collection. The one for lands is technically the Preferred Printing feature which Styles kind of go on top of.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

VictualSquid posted:

New Ob "korvold at home" is pretty good. Ash was brewing a deck around the infinite combo will all will be one yesterday and it looked like great fun.

There is also an explorer version, in case you want to show people the true meaning of explorer in the event while also trying new cards.
https://mtga.untapped.gg/profile/80adc595-c60d-47fb-8c53-7438bfa8eb41/8B39051896A5DEBF

I spend all day running standard vampires with the new lord. Also lots of fun.

She did a video on and Ob is a must kill or you just win.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm3vB0h524E

Decklist wasnt in the untapped link so here it is.

5 Mountain
3 Swamp
2 Blast Zone
3 Graveyard Trespasser
4 Haunted Ridge
3 Chandra, Dressed to Kill
4 Bloodtithe Harvester
4 Voldaren Epicure
1 Sokenzan, Crucible of Defiance
4 Fable of the Mirror-Breaker
3 Reckoner Bankbuster
4 Oni-Cult Anvil
1 Takenuma, Abandoned Mire
4 Sulfurous Springs
4 Blackcleave Cliffs
3 All Will Be One
3 Invasion of Azgol
2 Go for the Throat
3 Ob Nixilis, Captive Kingpin

Sideboard
4 Duress
3 Invoke Despair
2 Ob Nixilis, the Adversary
2 Sheoldred, the Apocalypse
2 Cut Down
1 Glistening Deluge
1 Go for the Throat

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

GrandpaPants posted:

newershadow posted:

I think for different styles in the same set, you need to instead go to the styles menu within your collection, to set that set's particular style to default? It's one of the buttons near the zoom when you're in the collection. The one for lands is technically the Preferred Printing feature which Styles kind of go on top of.

yeah, the problem is that there are preferred printings (which you use the arrow UI for) and preferred arts (which you need to click through for)

use the toggle at the top here, after clicking on a card with multiple art styles:

and then on this view you can pick the style you like and hit 'select' on the bottom, and that'll be the new default:

it's real clumsy and there've been arts that i didn't even know i had until i stumbled across them + i think i have an afternoon of going through my entire collection ahead of me one of these days, but you can still do it

edit: the one that sticks out to me is this art i've always hated for luminous bonds. turns out i had a real sweet looking borderless alt art all this time

just don't ask me when the next time i'll ever have luminous bonds in a deck will be

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

See, I thought that was how it worked, but I set the Eiganjo to my preferred one, close out the collection or deck builder (I tried with both) and tried to make a new deck, and it once again defaulted to the latest style I got, which is not the one I prefer. It's such a stupid thing but goddammit I want to see these cool arts without having to manually choose them!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the two questions I have are:
did you click 'apply styles' in the deck list because that works for me when things are stuck like that
have you done this recently because when the art picker first dropped you couldn't pick styles, just printings

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

sorry dumb noob question where do i see if i have draft tokens and how to use them? ive only played alchemy so far

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

sorry dumb noob question where do i see if i have draft tokens and how to use them? ive only played alchemy so far

It would be up here in the upper right of the screen

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

thank you!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/Chord_O_Calls/status/1656087523385327618

Edit: speaking of which, did a normal MOM draft

https://www.17lands.com/draft/f10a7506c9ca4a6190df3727379c0776

Seems like pretty standard UB. Playing Rankle is probably out of my reach but I wonder if it's a stretch to splash some red... the maindeck seems pretty focused as it is, though. I remember Unseal + Skaab being enough to win some games in the past, and there are other angles too

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 11, 2023

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Even with a big iPad, on mobile Arena it gets hard to select cards when you double up on cards in hand.

(Another resolved Etali + Portal game where single Djinn + Flow of Knowledge went the distance.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Deck
4 Bishop of Wings (M20) 8
4 Collected Company (AKR) 186
1 Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire (NEO) 268
4 Inspiring Overseer (SNC) 18
3 Giada, Font of Hope (SNC) 14
4 Lay Down Arms (BRO) 11
3 Overgrown Farmland (MID) 265
4 Resplendent Angel (M19) 34
4 Righteous Valkyrie (KHM) 24
4 Skyclave Apparition (ZNR) 39
1 Boseiju, Who Endures (NEO) 266
4 Youthful Valkyrie (KHM) 382
4 Temple Garden (GRN) 258
3 Sunpetal Grove (XLN) 257
12 Plains (ANA) 2
1 Sigarda, Font of Blessings (MAT) 47

I think more optimal decks are running the cleric that taps to make angels, but I didn't want to spend 4 rare WCs on it lol
edit: Speaker of the Heavens instead of Inspiring Overseer

All right, cool, deck looks straightforward enough. Thanks!