Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Yup, definitely not a racist at all, whatsoever!

Helter Skelter theory posted:

The apocalyptic scenario, as limned by Watkins, had Manson as the war's ultimate beneficiary and its musical cause. With the Family, Manson would create an album whose songs would bear messages as subtle as those he had heard in songs of the Beatles. These would draw the "love"—the hippies in Haight-Ashbury— to join the family.

In the vision's logic, Black men would thus be deprived of the White women whom the political changes of the 1960s had made sexually available to them; they would lash out in violent crimes against White people "[Manson]," according to Family member Brooks Poston, "said a group of real blacks would come out of the ghettos and do an atrocious crime in the richer sections of Los Angeles and other cities. They would do an atrocious murder with stabbing, killing, cutting bodies to pieces, smearing blood on the walls, writing ‘pigs’ on the walls … in the victims’ own blood.”

When frightened whites, according to Watkins and Tex Watson, would retaliate with a murderous rampage militant Black people would exploit it. They'd provoke a war of near-extermination between racist White people and non-racist White people over the treatment of Black people. In the wake of that, the militant Black people would arise to finish off the few White people who survived and to kill off all non-Black peoples.

In this holocaust, as Watkins went on to explain, the members of the enlarged Family would have little to fear; they would wait out the war in a secret city underneath Death Valley, a city they'd reach through a hole in the ground. Upon the war's conclusion, they would be the only remaining whites. Emerging from underground, they would rule the blacks, who, having "completed the white man's karma," would want no longer to kill. Proving, as Watkins explained, incapable of running the world, blacks would go to Manson, who'd "scratch [the black man's] fuzzy head and kick him in the butt and tell him to go pick the cotton and go be a good n**** ...."

https://twitter.com/TheTroyDenning/status/1656158738510741504

Huh?

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 00:06 on May 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Were there any contingencies for this not all going perfectly according to plan because even a slight deviation from that would create some drastically different outcomes that they seem to be unprepared for.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Charles Manson was just a wacky lil' guy

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

You support Ukraine after they were invaded by Russia but Ukraine also has Nazis in it! Checkmate!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://twitter.com/gun_toucher/status/1656377474983264256?s=20

Were there actual feuds between Something Awful and the IGN boards?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

You support Ukraine after they were invaded by Russia but Ukraine also has Nazis in it! Checkmate!

Oh, ha! I thought they were saying the TX shooter's tattoos:

were actually pro-Ukraine tattoos.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

He's trying to say all Ukrainians are Nazis.

He is showing pictures of Azov Battalion, a militia organization that came about after the Russian Invasion of Crimea in 2014. Made up of mostly White Nationalists espousing Nazi beliefs, they were one of the more blooded and experienced units at the Russian Invasion of 2022. They have been used by Russian Propaganda (which is then parroted by the Right Wing) to demonstrate that Ukraine is a Nazi Regime, and they are liberating it. The original men who made up the unit Pre-Invasion are mostly dead, according to reports, and it is largely made of replacements. I've read somewhere that Azov as it was just doesn't exist, it's now made up of Ukrainian Conscripts, but I don't know the veracity.

I'm not defending Azov, or their heinous ideology.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Air Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/gun_toucher/status/1656377474983264256?s=20

I dunno, but I found this on Reddit from two years ago:

Reddit post posted:

Suppose this depends on your definition of "avoid". Pretty much all of the good wound up on the IGN forums via "The Vestibule" with very little of the bad. I always knew Something Awful existed but it seemed like a place where all of the worst elements of IGN were considered the best, and it was the place my edgelord IRL friends liked to hang on the 'net, so I never gave it any time.

:allears:

bulletsponge13 posted:

He is showing pictures of Azov Battalion

:hai: Thank you, this was helpful.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I think the Texan Nazi is trying to say the shooter doesn't count as a real Nazi because he isn't white and is making a false equivalency between supporting Ukraine and being a Nazi because American white supremacists are firmly pro Putin

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

In case anyone else had a minor heart attack that is NOT the Troy Denning who wrote for a lot of shared-setting fantasy and sf properties.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Better not show him all the photos of Russian soldiers with nazi tattoos, or the founder of Wagner (who is close friends with Putin) who has literal SS lapels tattooed on himself. And for fucks sake he named his PMC "Wagner".

I'm kidding, he'll ignore all that of course, because only Ukraine has the bad people

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

There were forums in ign?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

There were forums in ign?

They had a front page?

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

rodbeard posted:

I think the Texan Nazi is trying to say the shooter doesn't count as a real Nazi because he isn't white and is making a false equivalency between supporting Ukraine and being a Nazi because American white supremacists are firmly pro Putin

The most hardcore Nazi I knew was a guy I worked with who was half Black, half Polish Jew.

He was 100% convinced he could have been in the SS.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

See: Ali Alexander, Ben Shapiro, Nick Fuentes...

Hell, this is (was?? Wasn't he discovered to be an informant?) literally the leader of the Proud Boys:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

YEAH, the guy LOOKED like a duck
ACTED like a duck
QUACKED like a duck
WALKED like a duck

but these features aren't magically dispositive of a duck

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
He had tattoos that said I AM A DUCK, but

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Lots of people have tattoos like that that aren't ducks. My buddy Donald, his uncle Scrooge, they all got that tattoo and they're not ducks.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1656437710507106305

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
This is the first video I get if I search for "cat" on twitter.

https://twitter.com/buitengebieden/status/1656414685170630659?s=20

Which is also how cats hunt, so maybe the kitten isn't copying the bunny but practicing how to kill it later.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Air Skwirl posted:

This is the first video I get if I search for "cat" on twitter.

https://twitter.com/buitengebieden/status/1656414685170630659?s=20

Which is also how cats hunt, so maybe the kitten isn't copying the bunny but practicing how to kill it later.

He's talking about the search suggestions. Not results.

Edit: screenshot of mine:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Mak0rz posted:

He's talking about the search suggestions. Not results.

Edit: screenshot of mine:

Not happening for me, but if I type "ble" it autopopulates two variations of blender cat.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Philippe posted:

I think we're done talking about Mister Sad Spoon. Thank.

i'm late to this but perhaps a link over to the rejected parents thread would be helpful? it's a very nice group therapy kind of thread, if you are the type to have jokes about bad parental decisions. :unsmith:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is that because people are posting about their search results though?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Heath posted:

Is that because people are posting about their search results though?

Probably a positive feedback loop going on there yeah, but I still ain't clicking to find out.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I get zero autocompletes for "cat." If I type "cat" in the search box my options are to search for "cat" or go to the page for "@cat" "ca" gets me a bunch of autocompletes as does "car," so I wonder if the put in a quick hack to stop making "cat in a blender" an autocomplete for "cat."

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Its giving me "invalid search query" for cat now.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mak0rz posted:

Probably a positive feedback loop going on there yeah, but I still ain't clicking to find out.

People talking about this is definitely driving the algorithm and by now (I'd hope) the top results would be threads talking about search instead of animal cruelty videos, but anyone who has been paying attention would know social media now needs a huge amount of moderation to remove illegal content. Musk decided he was gonna innovate and fired everyone at twitter, so now that poo poo is flourishing there.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Air Skwirl posted:

It would be quicker to list the forums SA didn’t have an internet beef with back in the day.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Arivia posted:

In case anyone else had a minor heart attack that is NOT the Troy Denning who wrote for a lot of shared-setting fantasy and sf properties.

Ah, thanks for that. Denning's (the author) books never really clicked with me, but they were still a enjoyable read.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Everything seems to be broken on Twitter right now. My For You Page is flooded with posts about The Good Doctor, a show that I've never seen a second of.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

grittyreboot posted:

Everything seems to be broken on Twitter right now. My For You Page is flooded with posts about The Good Doctor, a show that I've never seen a second of.

This should get you up to speed with the discourse around the show

https://twitter.com/guymrdth/status/1655032805808635904

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Inceltown posted:

This should get you up to speed with the discourse around the show

https://twitter.com/guymrdth/status/1655032805808635904

I don't understand who this show is for. No one who gives a poo poo about representation of austic people thinks this is good, and people who don't give a poo poo have a billion other shows they could watch.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
afaict it's for people who want to think they give a poo poo, but not go through the effort of actually doing so

you know, mainstream

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Air Skwirl posted:

I don't understand who this show is for. No one who gives a poo poo about representation of austic people thinks this is good, and people who don't give a poo poo have a billion other shows they could watch.

A lot of old people still view network TV as prestige television. It's also why you usually never hear about these shows despite pulling in like 5X the viewers of, say, Succession.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

grittyreboot posted:

A lot of old people still view network TV as prestige television. It's also why you usually never hear about these shows despite pulling in like 5X the viewers of, say, Succession.

Yeah, but this poo poo makes NCIS look like The Sopranos.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

EDIT: Nevermind

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Air Skwirl posted:

Fans of hard hitting emotional medical dramas, presumably.

Also: surgeons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

facebook introduced a dating thing on their app and it keeps recommending me eighteen year olds, so I can see why Musk thought it's a good idea