Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i'm not a huge fan of their music but conservative military image, eyebrow raising band name aside, are definitely not nazis, nor is "skinhead music" inherently a nazi thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i'm not a huge fan of their music but conservative military image, eyebrow raising band name aside, are definitely not nazis, nor is "skinhead music" inherently a nazi thing

I am legitimately curious, can you post examples that check all these boxes and are not fascist?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Not punk but BOLT THROWER

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

I am legitimately curious, can you post examples that check all these boxes and are not fascist?

not sure what boxes you're referring too, do you just mean non-fascist skinhead bands? two examples that come to mind are Cock Sparrer for classic, The Chisel for modern.

honestly skinhead/oi is not really my genre/area of expertise, but i know enough to know that it's not solely a nazi thing and that many of these bands are explicity anti fascist.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

Not punk but BOLT THROWER

I think he meant non fascist skinhead music, not bands with a conservative military image. Conservative Military Image is the name of a lovely oi band with white laced docs as their logo on spotify. They say "no bonehead bs" right in their insta bio, but I guarantee their shows are fuckhead magnets

Apparently they are not racist skins tho: https://www.noecho.net/features/conservative-military-image-band-interview

Gramps fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 28, 2023

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Generic, listless tough guy stuff. Questionable lyrics from what I made out, and an American flag. Very cool, definitely not dweebs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqMx-uHZMzU

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
lmaooooo at Nationalism Punk

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
*eyes turn white and body goes catatonic* clarity is emo joshua tree in reverie is emo fables of the reconstruction

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

bees x1000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlrgwwMEgSg

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

86 Mentality was sick

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Slotducks posted:

If you have an opportunity - Single Mothers is absolutely tearing it up right now - Absolutely electric shows.

You'd think after us Idaho dickheads started up our own local annual music festival we'd start seeing more touring bands (other than the 10,000 boring indie acts, traffic jams, and dinosaur jr I guess(?) who show up every March before the scene returns to hibernation) but somehow we get fewer bands than 20 years ago. Looks like I'm making another trip to portland for the nth time to see a good hardcore show. The last time we actually got good hardcore shows on the reg around here, they came wholesale with the ultraviolent laker's jersey sporting sXe kids from SLC. These days I'd be happy just to have those pricks back even without the music (because early 2000's hXc sucked poo poo and still does).

e; I do recognize that we're geographically untenable for a CAN/US tour but we're also the western flyover state so eat me

treat fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 31, 2023

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
Also I finally sat through the new Birds in a Row album a few times and it's the best thing I've heard in all last year.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

not sure what boxes you're referring too, do you just mean non-fascist skinhead bands? two examples that come to mind are Cock Sparrer for classic, The Chisel for modern.

honestly skinhead/oi is not really my genre/area of expertise, but i know enough to know that it's not solely a nazi thing and that many of these bands are explicity anti fascist.

I blame Skrewdriver for that loving nonsense, the Nazi fucks.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

treat posted:

Also I finally sat through the new Birds in a Row album a few times and it's the best thing I've heard in all last year.

It's so good, I really hope they come back and tour the US soon. Very very much want to see Rodin played live.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

treat posted:

(because early 2000's hXc sucked poo poo and still does).

:bighow:

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

have you guys ever talked about the band hot mulligan

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

John Romero posted:

have you guys ever talked about the band hot mulligan

I don't think so but they're pretty good imvho

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Hot Mulligan fucks and I love that they got one of our local photogs to do the cover for You'll Be Fine and (I think) the new one. Pilot is pretty much unimpeachable if you're into that very specific zoomer Midwest emo sound

When Pigs Cry fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Apr 2, 2023

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
New Nothing,Nowhere. with underoath: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MdjRWVtxAM

Loved his older style, and loving this new direction he is going as well!

He is touring with some harder bands and I think I'm grabbing tickets, should be a pretty interesting show: Wage War, Nothing,Nowhere and Spite.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Saw The Appleseeed Cast and Sunny Day Real Estate last night and both were incredible.

Go if you can.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
The new Scowl EP rules. That is all.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLuXRvZbcPE

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

drat, this poo poo is real good

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Seeing The Sonder Bombs with Total Downer tonight in Detroit. Pretty excited.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

The Drain and Jerome's Dream albums that came out today are fun

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 5, 2023

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Drain are the most fun live band right now, don’t miss em if they’re in town.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Reaaaally hoping Metro releases some more because this is the bill:

Drain
Incendiary
Drug Church
Never Ending Game
Gel

Absolutely stacked.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I love when a punk band finally gets to their Ugh, we have always wanted to be rich, FINALLY stage. And just changes course.

Wee fucked around with this message at 13:53 on May 7, 2023

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Piss Creep posted:

I love when a punk band finally gets to their Ugh, we have always wanted to be rich, FINALLY stage. And just changes course.

word?

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Sum 41 announced they're calling it quits.

RIP to my early teenage years

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Were they the No Self Esteem guys or the In Too Deep Guys?

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

FreudianSlippers posted:

Were they the No Self Esteem guys or the In Too Deep Guys?

the In Too Deep guys. The one where the lead married Avril Lavigne then almost died from alcoholism, and their drummer became a real estate agent in Florida. Weird band.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Queer Salutations posted:

the In Too Deep guys. The one where the lead married Avril Lavigne then almost died from alcoholism, and their drummer became a real estate agent in Florida. Weird band.

Wait I thought it was A New Found Glory’s drummer who did the real estate thing

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Presale starts tomorrow for Have a Nice Life in Chicago and I'm losing my loving mind. I'm going to be vibrating out of my skin until I have at least two tickets if not four. The only band I only want to see more is MBV (and that fell through for me once in heartbreaking fashion). I literally just started crying daydreaming about hearing "I Don't Love" live.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Not sure what you would classify thrice as, but I'm going to see them in Boston in June. Maybe we'll have a little mini goonmeet or something because I'm going with my goon Homey

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Queer Salutations posted:

I just looked up Avrils wiki and she has a very interesting dating life, haha. Like tyga now, lmfao

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Is there any general timeline as to when ticket resales are cheapest?
Some tickets to Thrice in Montreal are down to about 1/3 of what they were initially trying to gouge for. Not sure if I should expect that to continue to under $100 a ticket. Show is 4 weeks out

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Math You posted:

Is there any general timeline as to when ticket resales are cheapest?
Some tickets to Thrice in Montreal are down to about 1/3 of what they were initially trying to gouge for. Not sure if I should expect that to continue to under $100 a ticket. Show is 4 weeks out

I buy all my tickets the day of the show, 90% on the way to the venue.

worst case I pay face value.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

albums out and it’s good as gently caress https://youtu.be/Em8PAsSuLqw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Saw The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die last night with For Your Health and world's greatest dad. Great show, all 3 bands killed it except for when the lead singer's pedalboard died during the WGD set. They tried to fix it but just played without it.