Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

People that walk slowly on public walkways

People who walk slowly on public walkways and weave just enough to prevent you from passing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I recently had taken a flight and realized only too late that I should not have gotten on the conveyor belt. Everyone just standing on the loving thing, nobody moving. A man using a walker beside me being just slightly faster than we're moving. The belt is to speed things up you loving lazy fuckers

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Youtube Shorts has now shown me videos with the real corpse of a cat featured on screen twice now and it's not less upsetting the second time. I blocked both channels but idk how to teach the algorithm 'don't show me a dead cat please'

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Killingyouguy! posted:

Youtube Shorts has now shown me videos with the real corpse of a cat featured on screen twice now and it's not less upsetting the second time. I blocked both channels but idk how to teach the algorithm 'don't show me a dead cat please'

I didn’t quite get this but I did get cat falls to it’s death from a building which was weird.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
It's annoying when music streaming services only have the deluxe / special edition of an album, so when the album's last actual track finishes, it runs straight on to some demo or live track. Can really ruin the vibe sometimes.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Are the "YouTube shorts" the ones that disable the ability to manipulate the timeline? gently caress that.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Serge Painsbourg posted:

People who walk slowly on public walkways and weave just enough to prevent you from passing them.

People who walk slowly on public walkways holding hands so even the people coming from the opposite direction have to squeeze by

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

credburn posted:

Are the "YouTube shorts" the ones that disable the ability to manipulate the timeline? gently caress that.
There’s a bad new flash movie coming out soon that explains why its bad to do that

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

credburn posted:

Enhancer for YouTube (see also: Firefox version) has an option to make shorts play as normal videos.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Killingyouguy! posted:

Its an option you have to select at the ATM

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Bargearse posted:

I just generally hate it when I get second-guessed by a machine that thinks it knows what I want better than I do.

Word's voice to text has placed incorrectly spelled words in a doc when I have used it. WHAT? How?

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

YeahTubaMike posted:

People who walk slowly on public walkways holding hands so even the people coming from the opposite direction have to squeeze by

Behold! Our hands art intertwined, a symbol of our undying love that stretches the exact width of the loving sidewalk

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

CelticPredator posted:

There’s a bad new flash movie coming out soon that explains why its bad to do that

You mean like on Newgrounds?

Tiggum posted:

Enhancer for YouTube (see also: Firefox version) has an option to make shorts play as normal videos.

Yessssssss

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

why is the lowest possible fan-only setting on window air conditioners always still way too loving high

i know you can run the fan slower, i've seen you do it when the compressor is running

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

This motherfucking landlord next door is just letting this massive old-rear end maple tree rot and fall apart

It's already taken out a section of our fence after a windstorm, why the gently caress doesn't this guy have to pay for it

It's neglect of property, literally damaging other people's property, and yet nothing ever seems to happen to him

Goddamn I hate people like this

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
my peeve is also landlords

i would like them all to go away, in minecraft

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Brawnfire posted:

This motherfucking landlord next door is just letting this massive old-rear end maple tree rot and fall apart

It's already taken out a section of our fence after a windstorm, why the gently caress doesn't this guy have to pay for it

It's neglect of property, literally damaging other people's property, and yet nothing ever seems to happen to him

Goddamn I hate people like this

Chop it down.

What's he gonna do?

Stop you?

I doubt it

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

That's a good point, there's notoriously few--and very weak--laws on the books regarding trees; I would be better off "asking forgiveness" as it were, after the irreversible act

Thank you for this logical and useful course of action, I shall commence immediately!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Murder him

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Call a tree removal service and forget to mention that you aren't the landlord.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Get someone else with a different surname to call the landscaper and be there to meet them so you can't be fingered by the tree police/lawyers.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
This format of meme/social media post/whatever:

Nobody:
Me: here is a thing I do that everyone does aren't I wacky????

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

no one

not a single soul

:

credburn posted:

This format of meme/social media post/whatever:

Nobody:
Me: here is a thing I do that everyone does aren't I wacky????

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
2 layers of peeve:

1. I hate it when people ask me to play ambassador or messenger between them and someone who's not communicating with them. I always want to say, "Hey, if someone doesn't want to talk to you, that's their business. Don't make it my job to nag them for you," but that's often an inappropriate response (like when the request is coming from a manager at work). I hate that it takes me so much effort to scrape around for some idea of how to respond to this request in a mature, adult way.

2. I hate that because my dysfunctional family made me play this role between all the various people who wouldn't talk to each other (and I hated it then too), this has made me over-sensitive to anyone who asks me to do this now as an adult and I always get angry over it. I hate that I can't tell if someone is approaching me with a polite request and I'm getting bothered simply because of my history, or if they're doing something out of line and it's appropriate for me to feel bothered. I hate how family dysfunction and abuse fucks with your perception of what's normal/reasonable/healthy and what isn't, so you can't trust your own mind to interpret situations accurately.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Rabbit Hill posted:

2 layers of peeve:

1. I hate it when people ask me to play ambassador or messenger between them and someone who's not communicating with them. I always want to say, "Hey, if someone doesn't want to talk to you, that's their business. Don't make it my job to nag them for you," but that's often an inappropriate response (like when the request is coming from a manager at work). I hate that it takes me so much effort to scrape around for some idea of how to respond to this request in a mature, adult way.

Always helpful to remember: you are NOT the manager, that's THEIR job to track someone down. You're not an admin assistant or someone's "gofer" when they suck at their job. They have the title, pay & job description of manager - until you're in their spot, it ain't your problem. No different than asking someone to do the work of another person/team you're not involved with - if they want to provide the pay & additional title(s), go for it. Otherwise they can pound sand.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I went outside and that tone is happening again. I determined it's just around 3100 hz, so if anyone wants to know what I'm hearing while I play on the swings with my son, put that on for an hour.

Edit: actually there's a second tone about 50hz higher that starts up randomly alongside it and oscillates for a bit and then fades out, so add that in.

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 14:40 on May 9, 2023

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I hate how virtually every single person that plays Fifa online plays as Paris Saint Germain, to the extent that no matter how tight you make the matchmaking criteria, you come up against them like every other game even if you're playing with a dramatically inferior team.

I'd rather wait a few minutes to find an opponent than be forced to repeatedly play the kind of unimaginative, joyless oval office that just repeatedly pings it to Mbappe for 90 minutes, every single game.

Sure, when you beat them playing as Cardiff there's a sense of savage triumph, but the other 50% of the time it's so futile that you may as well give up before you've even started.

I know it's because this game is targeted at children who enjoy that sort of thing, rather than bitter old men like me, but it's just so irksome that it's impossible to have a good, fair match online unless you play with a CL level club.

Oh well, back to banging in infinite goals against the AI I guess.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

The Perfect Element posted:

I hate how virtually every single person that plays Fifa online plays as Paris Saint Germain, to the extent that no matter how tight you make the matchmaking criteria, you come up against them like every other game even if you're playing with a dramatically inferior team.

I'd rather wait a few minutes to find an opponent than be forced to repeatedly play the kind of unimaginative, joyless oval office that just repeatedly pings it to Mbappe for 90 minutes, every single game.

Sure, when you beat them playing as Cardiff there's a sense of savage triumph, but the other 50% of the time it's so futile that you may as well give up before you've even started.

I know it's because this game is targeted at children who enjoy that sort of thing, rather than bitter old men like me, but it's just so irksome that it's impossible to have a good, fair match online unless you play with a CL level club.

Oh well, back to banging in infinite goals against the AI I guess.

goddammit plz stop doxxing me

Peeve I came here to post: Cold Missouri Waters is having some kind of renaissance at my work breakroom, not even one recording, multiple artists, and like

rip to those dead smoke jumpers from the 1940s but the next time I hear some folk singer go "...My name is Dodge..." I'm snapping.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
A spider has decided to "set up shop" in my car, so now every time I get in there, I have to clear spider-webs off the windshield, chairs, etc... and it's really drat annoying.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Those are "car spiders". A species that exclusively exists inside cars.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Back to liar packaging.

The zipper opening is below the top of the bag. I can't pour the contents out. I still have to slice the top of the bag off or fish things out with my hand. Why? Nothing is accomplished by pretending here. Just make a regular loving bag and save us both the trouble.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

Brawnfire posted:

I went outside and that tone is happening again. I determined it's just around 3100 hz, so if anyone wants to know what I'm hearing while I play on the swings with my son, put that on for an hour.

Edit: actually there's a second tone about 50hz higher that starts up randomly alongside it and oscillates for a bit and then fades out, so add that in.

I feel you. I started hearing something like this while inside my house right around the start of COVID, especially at night, and when inside. Right at the edge of my hearing. Sometime it was a constant hum, other times it would rise and fall as if two separate sources at nearly the same frequency would sync and unsync. This phenomena is most often reported by men over 50. But I am sure this noise is real, as I only hear it at home. And If I wore earplugs, I could not hear it.

After a year of it, I started to go loving insane. Driving around at night looking for the source. In the end I never found it. I suspect it may have been a series of large pumps that ran at night when electricity was cheaper, pumping water from low elevation up to the water tanks at the top of a nearby hill.

I am now able to ignore the sound, but it is still there if I let my mind fixate on it.

Good luck

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

My theory was it's some sort of air compressor inside the maintenance bay at the back of the school, just based off other weird, windy sounds I hear blasting out of there... but then it kept going all night long last night and I could hear it when I woke up to piss at three AM so, that seems unlikely. Probably something fucky in the ventilation system? I dunno, but I called and summarily got a "weird! well, uh we'll let custodial know to check it out." Which I'm sure they did, absolutely.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

People who use their weed whackers/edgers on their lawns, but for some reason think it's cool or fun to keep pulling the trigger over and over.
All I hear from out the window is whirrr whirr whirr whirr whirrrrr whiirr whirr whiiirrrr whirr whirr whiiirrr whirr
Why?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

It's fun.

Also if they're edging the grass and finishing up they only need to hit spots so holding down the throttle the whole time is pointless.

If they start doing it right off they could be warming up the motor since if you start working a 2 stroke cold you can damage a piston.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
People who can NOT let the conversation be about anything other than themselves for more than like a minute at a time.
Was at a restaurant with my partner and there was a dude at the table behind us that just kept going on and on about the stuff he'd been doing and every time someone else would start to talk about something else, he would find a way to drag it back to him. Like dude, let someone else talk! I felt so bad for the people he was with.
Bonus: from what we overheard (dude would not lower his voice, everyone in the restaurant heard what he was saying) he was an aspiring youtuber :rolleyes:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Google Drive hiding the file path when you select an item, preventing you from dragging it into a higher part of the file tree in shared folders.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Amoeba102 posted:

Google Drive hiding the file path when you select an item, preventing you from dragging it into a higher part of the file tree in shared folders.

And it only started doing this recently. I cannot understand why they decided to make their interface worse all of a sudden or what benefits the new version is supposed to have for anyone. It's so loving annoying.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Tiggum posted:

And it only started doing this recently. I cannot understand why they decided to make their interface worse all of a sudden or what benefits the new version is supposed to have for anyone. It's so loving annoying.

Probably the same justification they use whenever they remove functionality from a product, “we simplified it for you!”

Meanwhile the simpler and less functional something appears to be the more of a pain in the arse it is to fix when it breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Guyver posted:

It's fun.

Also if they're edging the grass and finishing up they only need to hit spots so holding down the throttle the whole time is pointless.

If they start doing it right off they could be warming up the motor since if you start working a 2 stroke cold you can damage a piston.

That's fine but please don't do it outside my window at 7 AM