Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

For some reason there's another "unknown" category where it doesn't refuse to give a rating, it just skips the line that has the rating. I found out that Clara has this issue, think there's a couple of others too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Endorph posted:

theres actually some interestng stuff with that. it refuses to give both march and sampo a rating. wonder if it means march is related to whatever group sampo is a part of or if its just them both being mysterious.

I vaguely assumed that was because she's secretly a god or whatever term they have for god-touched people. But that's also based on assuming it's doing something weird like rating things based on how human they are, which only sorta works for like, tingyun or herta's dolly.

It was a nice touch that the trailblazer's score is your starting ATK, though.

e:

Ibblebibble posted:

For some reason there's another "unknown" category where it doesn't refuse to give a rating, it just skips the line that has the rating. I found out that Clara has this issue, think there's a couple of others too.

I assumed that was a bug, for the one person I saw it come up with. Pela, maybe?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Clara, Bailu and Sushang seem to be unrateable, as opposed to "invalid"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If you wanna speculate more, Silver Wolf got a perfect score.

quote:

Profile Number: 752
Curio Designation: Rating Pistol
Remarks: Requires containment within non-refractive material
Curio Profile: While it may have the appearance of a common forehead thermometer, the Rating Pistol also has a slightly closed eye on it, which will rapidly spin around a few times antagonistically as you pick it up. Use it on ordinary items and, with a "beep" sound, you will see that Pom-Pom is 1 point, Himeko 9 points, the lab's glass doors 10 points, and the cosmic bouquet 2 points. March 7th cannot be rated by this device. As for the internal reasoning behind its rating system, every researcher aboard the space station has their own theory, which could have been compiled into a whole book called Study on the Rating System of the Rating Pistol.
Related Studies:
???, Department of ??? — I'll give it a go
???, Department of ??? — New entry logged. Silver Wolf — 100 points

That's of course, assuming it's rating on a 100 point scale.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 16 minutes!)

where's the rating pistol?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

GateOfD posted:

where's the rating pistol?

Back in the storage room where you wake up

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

UHD posted:

march's shield only increases aggro if the target has more than 30% hp so you can throw it on someone on death's door and they won't take extra heat

My concern was more like, if I want aggro in a specific place, it would be annoying to have a shield assign itself (and aggro) based on whether I'm managing HP between battles according to how I want aggro to fall. But that not being the case, I suppose it's fine. My March isn't invested enough for me to run with Yanqing atm anyway.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Anybody make it to Memory of Chaos yet? I assume it's out of reach for me this reset, but it feels bad to leave that much jade on the table.
Yes, and Chaos level 1 is way harder than normal level 15. The enemies are level 68 and there's two encounters on each side. Probably better to let it go. The payout is only 60 jade per 3 stars, so you're not missing much.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
What 5* should I pick out of Welt, Himeko, Gerpard, Clara, and Yanqing?

Been mostly using Fire MC, E2 Seele, Bronya, and Bailu.

Edit: I'm leaning towards Gerpard to replace Fire MC, or Clara (whose 5* light cone I have)

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 04:01 on May 11, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gepard is really strong but he isnt really a 'clara replacement,' they do different things. notably gepard does uh, no damage.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

DontMindMe posted:

Edit: I'm leaning towards Gerpard to replace Fire MC or Clara (whose 5* light cone I have)

Welt is the premier debuffer whose damage is nothing to sleep on, constantly slowing the enemy. Also the only imaginary unit.

Himeko is sadly just not great. I love her but I'd recommend picking anyone else.

Gepard is a very strong defensive option who can help tank and keep a team alive and occasionally freeze things.

Clara is very nice physical damage dealer because she doesn't really need to spend skill points. Having her cone is a solid point in her favor too, it's a great cone.

Yanqing is a very solid second hunt unit. Not really impressive, but he's solid and I feel every team wants a strong hunt character so if you think you are good in other areas, why not?

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Anybody make it to Memory of Chaos yet? I assume it's out of reach for me this reset, but it feels bad to leave that much jade on the table.

I did but it's not worth it, I can't get a single star on the first 3 levels let alone put 3 of them together.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

DontMindMe posted:

Clara. The follow up damage can be an absolute game changer in some fights, it speeds up farming, and you have her cone.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Who is in the artwork for The Hunt lightcone on the battle pass?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Revitalized posted:

Who is in the artwork for The Hunt lightcone on the battle pass?

Hanya, she hasn't shown up in the story yet but the woman she's holding Xueyi, has.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Araganzar posted:

Clara. The follow up damage can be an absolute game changer in some fights, it speeds up farming, and you have her cone.

Yeah the fact that I have her cone (two of them in fact), and it doesn't seem useful for anyone else is really pushing me towards Clara

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

DontMindMe posted:

Edit: I'm leaning towards Gerpard to replace Fire MC, or Clara (whose 5* light cone I have)
  • Welt is a great slower/debuffer who does solid damage and is the only source of imaginary damage in the game right now. Not a bad choice, and he's cool.

• Himeko has a phenomenal design and fantastic animations but she's a mediocre damage dealer with a heavy focus on AoE and her primary gimmick relies on you constantly breaking multiple enemies. Hard pass.

• Gepard is a super heavyweight defensive support that pumps out shields so big he can feasibly replace an actual healer. His damage is nonexistent, you'd be putting him in the place of Bailu or Natasha in most cases.

• Clara is a very strong tanky DPS who is especially powerful in Simulated Universe due to her constant spam of follow-up attacks, and her light cone synergizes with her incredibly well.

• Yanqing is a powerful pure single target damage dealer who is extremely reliant on either being constantly shielded or having stuff taunted off him because his DPS falls off a cliff if he gets hit.

With the party you mention, I'd strongly lean towards Clara, though Welt isn't a terrible pick either.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Y'know Gepard/Yanqing/March/Pela would be a surprisingly decent mono-Ice team if built right now that I think about it...

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Thanks for info. I've gone ahead with Clara.

The pull right afterwards was 5*, but it ended up being a Bailu dupe.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I've got E2 Himeko so of course I'm going to invest in her and I will force her to work. I mean Kafka does want someone who applies burn and I'd rather use Himeko than Hook.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Asta does burn too.

Edit: And apparently is slightly better at it, against small numbers of targets anyway.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 11, 2023

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Burned a couple fuel to hit trailblazer 40. Then with the star rail passes I got from my Trial of Equilibrium I pulled Bronya and Tingyun back to back.

Now to farm a shitload of mats to level everyone up.

Substandard fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 11, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Clarste posted:

Asta does burn too.

Edit: And apparently is slightly better at it, against small numbers of targets anyway.

Yes but consider
https://twitter.com/haruzo_genshin/status/1655063063299764225

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

this game is just disaster lesbian central isn't it

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Autisanal Cheese posted:

this game is just disaster lesbian central isn't it

Welcome to Hoyoverse. The world is canonically saved in Honkai Impact because Kiana is gay as poo poo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Feel like people are using disaster to describe lesbians that mostly have it together.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Feel like people are using disaster to describe lesbians that mostly have it together.

To be fair you could use disaster to describe Kafka but more because she's like a natural disaster and she's gonna ruin everything in her wake.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wasn't thinking about it from that direction. I could get behind it for Kafka.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Got to the box pushing puzzle on Ice Planet and thanks to Jeremy Parish I immediately think of Sokoban

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

All of the disaster lesbians in this game (at least so far) are just disastrous people who happen to be lesbians, and that really only describes, like, two people. Mostly it's, like, Serval having baggage about Cocolia because of course she does.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Hellioning posted:

All of the disaster lesbians in this game (at least so far) are just disastrous people who happen to be lesbians, and that really only describes, like, two people. Mostly it's, like, Serval having baggage about Cocolia because of course she does.

Yeah Cocolia isn't someone you want to get too attached to. Only bad things happen there. At least she's significantly nicer in this universe?

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Eimi posted:

It's a magical encyclopedia possessing a robot body. It also looks like Luocha. So I expect it to cause problems on purpose sometime in the future.

Actually thinking about it, Void Archives looks like Luocha because Luocha looks like Otto, the only person VA ever considered a friend, to the extent that when they decided to start walking around as a person they decided to look like Otto. That kinda gives VA + Luocha some of that same "You were important to me in my universe and then you died and I feel like it was partially my fault" relationship that Welt + Himeko secretly have, right?

So it's possible that how much VA causes problems on purpose is directly related to how much Luocha does.

(Also I just remembered that in VA's boss fight in APHO, one of their forms was just called "My Friend" :smith: )

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Endorph posted:

If you wanna speculate more, Silver Wolf got a perfect score.

That's of course, assuming it's rating on a 100 point scale.

She probably hacked it to say 100

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Captain France posted:

Actually thinking about it, Void Archives looks like Luocha because Luocha looks like Otto, the only person VA ever considered a friend, to the extent that when they decided to start walking around as a person they decided to look like Otto. That kinda gives VA + Luocha some of that same "You were important to me in my universe and then you died and I feel like it was partially my fault" relationship that Welt + Himeko secretly have, right?

So it's possible that how much VA causes problems on purpose is directly related to how much Luocha does.

(Also I just remembered that in VA's boss fight in APHO, one of their forms was just called "My Friend" :smith: )

god APHO was so loving good

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I read that comic someone linked; was Welt only in that comic? It appears to take place before Honkai 3rd since Himeko is a college student, but Welt leaves their universe at the end so I'm not sure how he'd be present in the game (unless it's a different version of Welt).

Also, the "power levels" at play here confuse me. Welt is a Herrscher, which is basically like a god? Or maybe the Trailblazer and others on the Express are of a similar level due to things being on a universal scale?

Edit: I feel like it's harder to come by artifact XP in this than in Genshin. Maybe it will feel different once I start feeling more comfortable turning 3*s into XP (which should be soon-ish), since that's where I get most in Genshin. It's reached a point where I need to focus on artifacts to make my party stronger.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 08:56 on May 11, 2023

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
With strange Aeons, even death may die.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

acumen posted:

Yeah sounds like she got nerfed and Luocha got buffed before their real release and now I'm torn

Same. Best to wait a week after banner release for the youtube theorycrafters to math it out.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

stuff like xianshou make it clear that time is an absurd thousands of years scale, too, and they already came from a highly capable spacefaring civilization (that they then forgot about) so himeko might not know earth by way it being long since gone and irrelevant

Earth? Oh you mean interstellar garbage world 7. Yeah the galaxy dumps all its broken TVs and kitchen rubbish there, from orbit. No native life apart from the cockroach people.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I read that comic someone linked; was Welt only in that comic? It appears to take place before Honkai 3rd since Himeko is a college student, but Welt leaves their universe at the end so I'm not sure how he'd be present in the game (unless it's a different version of Welt).

Also, the "power levels" at play here confuse me. Welt is a Herrscher, which is basically like a god? Or maybe the Trailblazer and others on the Express are of a similar level due to things being on a universal scale?

Edit: I feel like it's harder to come by artifact XP in this than in Genshin. Maybe it will feel different once I start feeling more comfortable turning 3*s into XP (which should be soon-ish), since that's where I get most in Genshin. It's reached a point where I need to focus on artifacts to make my party stronger.

This is a weirdly hard topic to research (search engines are useless these days and fandom wikis are a plague) but no I’m pretty sure that comic is post Honkai 3rd impact. I am just gonna start playing that drat thing so I can tell what is going on. Welt is definitely around for the main events of 3rd impact in any case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

DancingShade posted:

Earth? Oh you mean interstellar garbage world 7. Yeah the galaxy dumps all its broken TVs and kitchen rubbish there, from orbit. No native life apart from the cockroach people.

I remember that episode of Sam and Max